Old 03-14-2020, 08:25 PM

I work at a hotel - few new reservations, several people cancelling, or trying to.
Protip: if you book something through a third-party service, like Expedia or similar, cancel through them. Either they've got your money, and we don't (yet), and therefore can't refund your money, or we'll end up paying commission on rooms we don't actually rent, and that ain't happening. Calling us directly just wastes your time and mine; most of the time we cannot cancel a booking with one of these agencies, only you can do that.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:38 PM

My wife is pregnant and considered moderately high risk, and due to has a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks next week. We found out today someone she works with was quarantined for precaution due to exposure to someone else who tested positive. My wife has a mild cough, but no other symptoms, so called her doctor to see what we should do. Dr. has postponed c-section and requested us all to quarantine for 2 weeks, after which they'll deliver the baby. They aren't going to test her. The early c-section was determined to be necessary for the best interest of the health of the baby and my wife, but apparently that's not even a good enough reason to get her tested.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:37 AM
Doltish Snackhound
Charter Member

I'm in San Jose, CA.

I was supposed to go to a fantasy authors' convention in Anaheim next month. They haven't postponed it yet, but I'd be very surprised if they don't. Even if they don't, I'll probably cancel.

My life is pretty much social distancing already (I'm a writer, work at home, and sometimes go days without leaving the house). The spouse works at Apple and they're encouraging people to work at home if they can. He can but it's a lot harder, so he's been going in. He says it's a ghost town there.

I'm already bracing for them to cancel or postpone the two big gaming conventions (Origins Game Fair and San Diego Comic Con) I attend every year. I hope things are better by then, but if it's still iffy, I'd rather not go than hang out with that many people.

Got a trip planned for the UK in September. I hope things have blown over by then, but again, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm really glad we paid extra for the refundable tickets.

Last edited by Infovore; 03-15-2020 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:38 AM

My work has put in place a "don't come to work if you have a cold" policy. (Also some relaxing of rules for crediting un-earned sick leave, but that won't affect me.)

And panic buying is affecting us. Haven't been able to buy TP of tissues for weeks, which is starting to be annoying, and going to the shop and just finding what you wanted is sold out is loosing its novelty.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullin View Post
Not me, but my adult kids are affected, as are my aging parents.

Parents are still independent, but only barely. I need to drive to help out frequently (700 miles RT). I have a slight cough and drainage so am fearful of traveling to them at the moment. I can do it without any contact along the way, but could make them sick. Now need to stay put for a few weeks to be sure I don't pass something to them.
Sorry about quoting myself, but things have changed. The cough I had on Thursday worsened to a full-blown head cold. Since it's following the exact trajectory of every cold I've ever had, I really don't think it's Covid. I'm almost well today, with only a lingering itchy throat and very slight sniffles.

But... in the interest of protecting those in the high-risk pool I might contact, we've decided I shouldn't be out and about for the next two weeks. I can't get tested since I don't have all the symptoms, but I'm staying put in my separate section of the house for the duration.

Probably overreacting, but I'm retired and figure I can do my part to flatten the curve. Plus I can binge-watch a few things I've been putting off. I realized a little late that I probably shouldn't have started with The Last Ship though.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:25 AM

I have worked in Saudi Arabia (and Qatar) for twenty-three years. I am scheduled to retire on the 30th, in two weeks. The Saudis have just closed all the airports for two weeks. I have a ticket, but I bet it will be a nightmare getting out. Further, the virus has shut down recruiting. They may very well want me to stay another month, or two, or three. Someone needs to make up their darned mind about what they want me to do and how much they will pay me to do it.

Just stupid First-World problems. Everyone stay safe.
Do you know a child in need?
Old 03-15-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
There is a shortage of pasta on the shelves. We have some, but since it's shelf stable we decided to make noodles from scratch for tonight's dinner. However, we did yard work all day and now are preparing dinner that will be served around 11 pm.
Dinner was served just after midnight, and by that point the wine bottle was empty, so we opened another. Dinner was by candlelight and was delicious.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:52 AM

I'm scheduled for my annual mammogram in two weeks and then a visit to my oncologist. I'm at the end of five years post-lumpectomy, and soooo looking forward to getting off this estrogen-blocker that has wreaked havoc on my body's internal thermostat. But I have serious misgivings about setting foot in any medical facility in the near future if it's not absolutely necessary. So I phoned the onc's nurse and left a message asking if I can postpone coming in for... well, don't know for how long. This situation is probably going to get worse before it gets better. I canceled another non-essential medical visit this week, too.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:02 AM

ThelmaLou, I also have a 5-year oncology appointment in 2 weeks. I'll wait until we're close and then decide. Since I can't get mammograms, I rely on the office visit as my only form of evaluation. I'm riding in the 10-year Tamoxifen train, however.

Last edited by susan; 03-15-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan View Post
ThelmaLou, I also have a 5-year oncology appointment in 2 weeks. I'll wait until we're close and then decide. Since I can't get mammograms, I rely on the office visit as my only form of evaluation. I'm riding in the 10-year Tamoxifen train, however.
Why can't you get mammograms? My cancer was waaaay too small to be detected except with a mammogram.

I'm post menopausal, so on Arimidex for five years. I never had any hot flashes when I went through menopause for real over 20 years ago, but on this damned pill, I have them constantly, even after five years. All the best to you, honey!
Old 03-15-2020, 11:22 AM

And to you. I had bilateral with no recon, hence no mammograms.

Last edited by susan; 03-15-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

I have a gathering of friends around the country scheduled to happen in Seattle in July. We're monitoring the situation because we don't have to cancel it yet, but I'm not feeling hopeful. I was really looking forward to seeing them in my hometown, though.
This post is not intended to provide reliable legal advice, nor is any other post by me in this or any other thread. I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Odds are good that I'm not even licensed in your jurisdiction. If you follow what you think is advice in this post and get screwed, don't come crying to me.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:26 AM

Bilateral. 502 timeout on editing.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:29 AM

I was supposed to go to a wedding, but had to cancel at the last minute (almost literally) due to COVID19. I am hoping the bride and groom aren't too upset about it but I felt, and was not alone in this, that it wasn't a good idea to have a huge reception in a hotel more or less next door to the first documented illness cases in the county.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan View Post
And to you. I had bilateral with no recon, hence no mammograms.
Ah. Very smart. I'd never have reconstruction. I don't know anyone who got away with no complications.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

I have a gathering of friends around the country scheduled to happen in Seattle in July. We're monitoring the situation because we don't have to cancel it yet, but I'm not feeling hopeful. I was really looking forward to seeing them in my hometown, though.
This post is not intended to provide reliable legal advice, nor is any other post by me in this or any other thread. I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Odds are good that I'm not even licensed in your jurisdiction. If you follow what you think is advice in this post and get screwed, don't come crying to me.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

Mentioned elsewhere that we cancelled flights to WDC for this month. I'll get a refund on the 1st class tickets. At the rate things are shutting down, I'm thinking that our planned RV trip to Taos to work with Habitat for Humanity may be cancelled. We're waiting to hear from HFH, but the work is supposed to start in late April/early May, so I'm thinking it's toast. If it starts up in late summer, there's no way I'm going to the Southwest during the hottest part of the year. Too bad, as we were really looking forward to it.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:29 PM

My wife and I both work from home all the time, so the not going to work thing doesn't affect us.

We have 3 daughters and a son-in-law, and they're all affected in some way. All 3 daughters are out of work for now. One of our daughters is in university, as does the SIL; they will both be starting classes next week via the internet.

I haven't attended daily services since last Thursday. In two of the synagogues I most usually attend, there would have been more than 100 people, which is a no-no. I think tomorrow morning I'll go, as usual, because the section where I sit is usually pretty empty during the week.

My wife had been planning to visit her parents in the states after Passover, but those plans are up in the air for now.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:38 PM

I have some of the symptoms, cough and chills. It could be a cold but I don't know. I am going to stay home for two weeks unless I can get tested.

I am on vacation next week anyway, so I would only miss the week after that, if anyone is still working two weeks from now. Maybe not, the Guv declared a state of emergency, there are some cases in the state.

In Jan I thought I might visit Vegas this week. But no way, not like this.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:55 PM

I live in Suffolk, Virginia. Mom and I have been practicing social distancing, only going out when absolutely necessary for food and supplies. We went out yesterday and I got a few things from the grocery store. Paper bowls were there, which I needed; toilet paper wasn't there, but I have plenty.

Church and the after-church potluck were canceled for today, as were a lot of the free concerts around Hampton Roads that I'd been planning to go to. So were the remaining Community Lenten services.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

I've lost my main source of income for a few weeks at least. I've got some money and a side hustle--which I will also lose if bars and restaurants are closed--But if this goes on for a while I'm screwed.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

I do video recordings of concerts and government meetings. So far, the concerts are all cancelled, but not the government meetings. Yet.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:07 PM

I'm in the north of Italy, so basically I can't leave the house unless it's for work or groceries. No shortages of anything and I don't mind staying in, but I'm a freelancer and am suffering quite significant financial losses.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:44 PM
Charter Member

If this goes on long enough, I may have my first pony tail; or, at the very least, my first mullet.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
If this goes on long enough, I may have my first pony tail; or, at the very least, my first mullet.
Ha, yeah. Here the hairdressers are closed too, can you imagine the Italian suffering.

Seriously though, I can stick this out a while, but in Wuhan it took three months. That's a worrying thought.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon View Post
My Nephew went to the doctor because he was feeling sick on Tuesday and the doctor said he had the symptoms but, surprise surprise, he could not be tested because he wasn't in a high risk group or something like that, so the whole family is now under self-imposed quarantine, and his high school put out a notice about it. He finally was tested today by a doctor in a hazmat suit behind the clinic, no word on when the results will actually be available...

//i\\
Any update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobunny View Post
Patients are bombarding me with calls. Everybody with a cold or allergies wants to be tested. I have to tell them I can't do testing in the office. Tests have to be frozen and we don't have the facilities to maintain frozen samples for transport. They want to know where to go to get tested. I have to tell them that the hospitals and Health Dept won't do it because they don't meet criteria and the labs won't do the tests themselves. I frankly don't know where they can get tested until they are more ill. I can tell them to stay home for 2 weeks unless they are really sick but nobody wants to hear that. I have stocked up on gloves, masks, Purell, Lysol but I can't get any additional, so I am worried about running out. I can't even get liquid soap for the office dispensers. The staff is freaked out every time anybody comes in with a cold, which of course happens several times a day. At the same time, patients are cancelling appointments because they are afraid of catching it in the office, so my bottom line is suffering.
Good luck.

I emailed my doctor, because I have a weird chest cold. But I didn't ask to be tested, because I know I don't meet the criteria around here. My best guess is that I have it, because (1) this cold doesn't feel like other colds I've had and (2) up until Monday, when I decided to self-quarantine after being coughed on my middle-schoolers, I was pretty highly socially connected, and I can trace 2-step or 3-step links to people who tested positive in several directions, including those middle-schoolers. (The coughing was on Friday, but I was at a weekend retreat with a group of people, and with my having no symptoms, it didn't seem worth it to isolate then, especially since the kids were still running around. When I went home, on Sunday, I decided to stay away from people until a reasonable exposure period was up.)

So I'm just following my doctor's advice (treat as if I have a cold, contact him again if I develop difficulty breathing) and hiding in my bedroom, away from the rest of my family. I'm pretty stir crazy.

The good news is that I am very well set up to work from home, and my boss and the rest of the team are on-board with that. I'm feeling really good about not having exposed them to whatever I have on Monday. And I expect to continue earning a steady income unless I get too sick to work, in which case I expect to collect disability insurance.

I stocked up on basics two weeks ago, and my husband is still shopping for routine stuff. I also put in a good stock of stuff I like to have when I have a cold. So unless I get a lot sicker, I expect to be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajario View Post
I was just informed that a friend of mine, someone I hadn't seen in years but we have a very good friend in common, is very sick from the virus. He and a group of his friends all got it on a ski trip in Italy. Most of them are recovering but my friend is in a medically induced coma.
Oh, good luck.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:45 PM

I work as a General Manager/Wine Buyer for a restaurant group in the Chicago area. The Governor announced a short time ago that all restaurants and bars in the state of Illinois are ordered to close their doors from Tuesday, March 17 through a Monday, March 30 so that sucks.

Personally I will be able to ride it out from a financial perspective. I’m not sure yet if the owners will want us to burn vacation time or how that will work but the hourly cooks, servers, bartenders, bus staff and dishwashers are going to have a rough time.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

I'm in St. Louis. Our church board had an emergency meeting today, and here's what's happening in our little universe.

Our day care program happens to be closed this week, because the local school district is on spring break. We'll take our cues from the district going forward.

Church stays open for our Sunday service, although the congregation will be encouraged to spread out. We had already canceled the "sharing of the peace" and modified communion.

No coffee or cake after the service. No food handling at all anywhere on the premises.

No Sunday school, Bible study or any other group other than the one Sunday service.

No club activities. For a lot of our older members, the church groups are pretty much their entire social life. The local assisted living facilities have asked that we don't visit for the duration.

We've asked the local 12-step group that meets here to skip a couple of meetings. This is because we know some of the attendees have compromised immune systems.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:12 PM

Fort Wayne Community Schools are closed until at least April 13. Staff have to be at work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week.
But I've come down with a terrible case of irony, because I woke up with the worst sore throat ever yesterday. No runny nose, no cough, debatable on fever (newer, more accurate thermometer says no; older, cheap, untrustworthy thermometer says yes, prickly skin and chills said yes). No runny nose or cough that are usually listed as symptoms of COVID-19. I'm not high-risk, so I'm not looking to get tested.

The biggest issue is the lack of income from my main job for a month. My other job, a private tutoring company, has not yet made any decision, but I suspect that many families will cancel. No homework and SATs are postponed, so many of our students have less need of our services.

Mr. CelticKnot is a school custodian, and will be working to deep clean schools for the month. So at least we have one big paycheck coming in.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:06 PM

I'd like to hear from other Dopers who live alone.

I'm retired. The upside to living alone during this thing is that you don't have contact with other people. The downside is that, well, you don't have contact with other people. I never had a booming, bustling social life, but now it's really bare bones. I'm keeping in touch with people (especially others who live alone) by phone and text. Not going to the college choir or the church choir anymore. That was where my main, frequent, in-person social contact occurred. For years I haven't had anyone that I see or even talk to every day. Now I'm really feeling it...

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 03-15-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:04 PM

For all practical purposes, my family is fine. My office is big and there are only seven of us who work there; I expect that at least five of them will work as usual. My husband is a driver without a lot of outside contact. Daughter’s college classes are now online, but dorms are open as necessary, so she’ll be driving back and forth so she can finish in-service teaching.

I AM missing a lot of fun. Already, a high school play, a Broadway musical, a “soup crawl,” and a trip to Phoenix for a friend’s 50th have been canceled.

ETA: We do have plenty of toilet paper, soap, and booze.

Last edited by Nayna; 03-15-2020 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Just remembered
Old 03-15-2020, 09:19 PM

I suffer from major depression and often am hospitalized on an inpatient psych ward multiple times a year. I’m concerned that psych hospital beds will get repurposed to care for Coronavirus victims, which could prevent me from getting treatment when I need it.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdo23 View Post
I suffer from major depression and often am hospitalized on an inpatient psych ward multiple times a year. I’m concerned that psych hospital beds will get repurposed to care for Coronavirus victims, which could prevent me from getting treatment when I need it.
I'm so sorry. That's hard to bear. I wish you well.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:45 PM
Suspended

How are we affected? Indirectly only. I have no tales of woe and I feel great sorrow for those who do.

MrsRico is recovering from what seems a bad cold with no COVID symptoms. She's been homebound for a couple weeks; our main impact is cabin fever. We've no bad news of friends or family - except an idiot Fox-addicted BIL hanging at the old-farts' bar because hey, it's all a hoax. I'm due for medical imaging in a few days; I'll call the cardiologist for advice. We still don't know if we'll drive for a family Easter with grandkids. We shall see.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GESancMan View Post
My daughter, who is autistic, graduated high school last year and is in her first year of a community transition program in the same school district. They announced last night that Spring Break is starting a week early, and extending a little bit. Students went to school today, and are now off until April 1st. Tentatively, I'm sure.
Here's a fun little update...

My daughter is also ADHD. She takes Vyvanse, which is a controlled substance. She's covered by the state due to her disability. They will only supply one month at a time; her therapist either transmits a prescription to Kaiser as needed, or writes out a paper prescription that we must take to the pharmacy. The closest Kaiser pharmacy happens to be at a hospital, about five minutes away.

Well, a month ago, when the therapist did the electronic submission, she also gave us a paper prescription because she would be on vacation the next time we need the meds (which is now). Earlier today my wife called our usual pharmacy and explained the situation, stated that obviously we are not going to go to a hospital, so how can they help us out? Can we mail, or fax, or scan-and-email the prescription?

They wouldn't budge. If we want my daughter's medicine, we have to take the paper prescription to their pharmacy to have it filled. My wife actually asked the rep "are you off your rocker?!"

If we can't get the medicine, it's not like my daughter is going out into the world for the next few weeks, so it's not a huge deal. But I'm wondering... there's a Kaiser family practice office about 15 minutes away, which has a pharmacy. And the pharmacy is completely detached from the main practice. Would it be any safer to go there? Or should we just ride out my daughter's nuttiness due to lack of meds?
Old 03-16-2020, 12:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
They wouldn't budge. If we want my daughter's medicine, we have to take the paper prescription to their pharmacy to have it filled. My wife actually asked the rep "are you off your rocker?!"
They really, honestly can't. But if you have a paper prescription in hand, you should be able to bring it to any pharmacy to have filled. Maybe try calling the second place you mentioned, explain the situation, and ask if they can fill it if you bring the paper to them?
Old 03-16-2020, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
I'd like to hear from other Dopers who live alone.

I'm retired. The upside to living alone during this thing is that you don't have contact with other people. The downside is that, well, you don't have contact with other people. I never had a booming, bustling social life, but now it's really bare bones. I'm keeping in touch with people (especially others who live alone) by phone and text. Not going to the college choir or the church choir anymore. That was where my main, frequent, in-person social contact occurred. For years I haven't had anyone that I see or even talk to every day. Now I'm really feeling it...
I hear you. I'm in roughly the same boat...also retired, but with visual issues, so I can't drive and sold my car. I've gone to the gym daily, when lupus allowed. Now the governor has closed all the gyms starting midnight on Tuesday. I'll go tomorrow and Tuesday, but then I'm on my own, and I have no equipment at home. I'm really feeling isolated, and I'm not even on lockdown (yet).
Old 03-16-2020, 06:59 AM

I want to start a band called "MAXIMUM TELEWORK."
Old 03-16-2020, 07:16 AM

Shit is getting real. An employee who was going on about how a virus isn't a big deal, messaged me yesterday in a total panic. She'd gone to her local WalMart Sunday and saw her first people wearing masks.

Another woman who works for me told her kids if they went outside for too long they'd catch the sickness and die. Her eight year old took their puppy outside to pee and nearly passed out (she was holding her breath).
Old 03-16-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Here's a fun little update...

My daughter is also ADHD. She takes Vyvanse, which is a controlled substance. She's covered by the state due to her disability. They will only supply one month at a time; her therapist either transmits a prescription to Kaiser as needed, or writes out a paper prescription that we must take to the pharmacy. The closest Kaiser pharmacy happens to be at a hospital, about five minutes away.

Well, a month ago, when the therapist did the electronic submission, she also gave us a paper prescription because she would be on vacation the next time we need the meds (which is now). Earlier today my wife called our usual pharmacy and explained the situation, stated that obviously we are not going to go to a hospital, so how can they help us out? Can we mail, or fax, or scan-and-email the prescription?

If we can't get the medicine, it's not like my daughter is going out into the world for the next few weeks, so it's not a huge deal. But I'm wondering... there's a Kaiser family practice office about 15 minutes away, which has a pharmacy. And the pharmacy is completely detached from the main practice. Would it be any safer to go there? Or should we just ride out my daughter's nuttiness due to lack of meds?
CVS in Massachusetts is emergency-filling regular prescriptions in 3 month supplies, by mail, now. I got an email to that effect a few days ago. Maybe you should call around. When I had to pick up my scrip yesterday in person I took hand sanitizer in with me and cleaned my hands and the bottle before getting back in the car.

My daughter and her wife were possibly exposed and are self-isolating. They called the state hotline and were told not to go to work. Wife is public school teacher and all schools are closed anyway. We ourselvesare just not going out even more than we weren't going out before.

Last edited by Ulfreida; 03-16-2020 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Borgia View Post
I've lost my main source of income for a few weeks at least. I've got some money and a side hustle--which I will also lose if bars and restaurants are closed--But if this goes on for a while I'm screwed.
Lost side-hustle.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
I'm so sorry. That's hard to bear. I wish you well.
Thanks!
Old 03-16-2020, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

Stuck in the UK until tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

Got an email from my guitar teacher of four years. He comes to the house every week, but has decided that he needs to protect his students from the disease, especially geezers like me. He's willing to do them by Skype, but I'm betting that his little business is going to take a big hit before this is over.

The wife is now making noises about canceling our trip to Taos, whether Habitat cancels the project or not. Probably a good idea, but dang.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Borgia View Post
Lost side-hustle.
I'm sorry.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:32 AM

.....and my gf will be working from home beginning tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:08 AM

Michigan is shutting down all bars,restaurants , casinos etc for 2 weeks starting in a couple hours. It feels so weird to have gotten to this point this quickly.

ETA To clarify, only sit down is being shut down. Delivery and Pick up are still going to be open, not that I expect a lot of people are really using this for info purposes.

Last edited by wolfman; 03-16-2020 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
I hear you. I'm in roughly the same boat...also retired, but with visual issues, so I can't drive and sold my car. I've gone to the gym daily, when lupus allowed. Now the governor has closed all the gyms starting midnight on Tuesday. I'll go tomorrow and Tuesday, but then I'm on my own, and I have no equipment at home. I'm really feeling isolated, and I'm not even on lockdown (yet).
<Virtual fist-bump to nelliebly!>

I walk at the local mall every morning. I usually get there at 7:30 when it opens for walking and I'm gone long before the stores open or even the first employees arrive. This morning when I walked, I noted that many of the stores had posted signs saying they are closed for the duration-- including the Apple store where there's usually a crowd lined up waiting for it to open. Other stores have shortened their hours from 10-9 to 11-7. Starbucks is closed!! They've gone to take-out only at their stand-alone stores and closed their mall stores. This is serious.

At least now when I walk I will have almost zero chance of encountering anyone else. I've canceled all my other "social" events, so I'm clinging to this one sliver of normalcy.

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 03-16-2020 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:19 PM

My sympathies to everyone getting hurt by this.

I am ok. Self-quarantined because of symptoms, and now I am finding out there are confirmed cases in my county, which has declared a disaster emergency. I am off this week anyway, but would miss work next week to do a full two weeks. Now I seriously question if there will be a job to go back to. If I get sidelined a month, even two or three, I should be ok. But at some point...

My gf dropped off some supplies that I hadn't thought to get: sudafed, tomato soup, cheddar cheese for grilled sandwiches. Can't help wondering: Am I even worthy? Tomorrow will be 5 days since I potentially exposed her. If she doesn't show symptoms then she stays away. If she does, I guess we can blow our noses and take naps together.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:35 PM

Other than feeling compelled to watch the Vietnam Coronavirus Hand Wash Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eWmKQmMoFk

several times a day, it hasn't affected me at all.