Old 05-03-2020, 02:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
Did any of Kavanaugh's accusers praise him for helping stop sexual assault?
Reading through this, she is utterly consistent in her inconsistencies: She was extremely anti-Putin, and then extremely pro-Putin, then anti-Putin again. She apparently "wrote" something in Russian which reads like it was written by a man. She drove to Washington, D.C., except when she flew there. She claims Biden didn't know she quit working for him except when she claims he fired her... This person is slimy. She exudes an aura of dishonesty and brokenness.

She's also been accused of stealing from a non-profit:
Quote:
Now we’ve obtained new information concerning Tara Reade’s character, from a non-profit organization based in Watsonville, California, called Pregnant Mare Rescue (PMR). Lynn Hummer, Founder/President of the highly-rated horse sanctuary that’s committed to rescuing pregnant mares and orphan foals from abuse, tells us that Tara Reade (McCabe) volunteered at her rescue for a couple of years (from 2014–2016). During this time, Hummer alleges that Reade “stole from her nonprofit, lied, and created stories to obtain sympathy and money.”
It's a pattern: She lies for profit. She lies because she apparently can't bother to keep a story straight. She simply lies. Nothing inclines me to believe her.

Oh, and: "Believe victims" means believing them long enough to investigate their accusations. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot or a troll.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
So what if we're being hypocritical? It's republicans, not democrats, who invented the family values litmus tests anyway; it was the 'christian values' republicans, and democrats just like to point out *their* hypocrisy.
You think this is a "family values"/right-wing issue as opposed to a "workplace harassment"/feminist issue? OK, then.

In any case, beating the GOP is too important to go into this election with a candidate that's been kneecapped. Biden grabs women in public, a lot. He's also known for lying, a lot. It's easy to imagine that this actually happened, & hard for him to credibly deny. If the GOP were a bunch of saints, losing to them with Biden wouldn't be a big deal But they're not, so he really has to go.

Yes, even if Tara Reade is a liar from Hell.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
National Archives Refute Biden's Statement
https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-biden-...201631973.html

The Biden Bros need to stop sending Tara Reade death threats. Can't Biden control them? They are such nasty people, especially on Twitter.

Now they wanna fire Chris Hayes for dedicating an entire 2 minutes on her!
The article says nothing about "Bros" or death threats.

Nobody's pointing this out so I guess I'll have to. Here's another Turd Reich asshole lying, because that article doesn't come close to doing what Trumpie here claims.

In fact, they refute Reade, because they found no complaint. That's not "refuting" Biden's claim, it's supporting it. In any event, Biden called for a full examination of all records.

IF Reade filed her complaint, this would have been about the time of the Packwood scandal, which was being investigated by the Ethics Committee. Such a complaint would have been a huge deal for Republicans, an ability to attack Dems. And who was the head of the Ethics Committee?

Mitch McConnell.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:11 AM

Former GOP Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell and her niece just made some story up about how Biden was leering at her (then 14 years old) niece and commenting on her breasts at the 2008 Gridiron dinner. Lots of references in the original story about how Murry told a bunch of people at the time and everyone knew it happened. Turns out that Biden wasn't even at the 2008 Gridiron dinner, instead being at home recovering from sinus surgery and having sent an aide and a pre-recorded video instead. (Sasha Pezenik took down the original Tweet chain after it was proved to be a false allegation)

This is apparently the new normal: fake harassment and assault charges against Biden until they can make something stick.

Last edited by Jophiel; 05-03-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derleth View Post
Reading through this, she is utterly consistent in her inconsistencies: She was extremely anti-Putin, and then extremely pro-Putin, then anti-Putin again. She apparently "wrote" something in Russian which reads like it was written by a man. She drove to Washington, D.C., except when she flew there. She claims Biden didn't know she quit working for him except when she claims he fired her... This person is slimy. She exudes an aura of dishonesty and brokenness.

She's also been accused of stealing from a non-profit:It's a pattern: She lies for profit. She lies because she apparently can't bother to keep a story straight. She simply lies. Nothing inclines me to believe her.

Oh, and: "Believe victims" means believing them long enough to investigate their accusations. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot or a troll.
What a manipulative lying piece of work Reade is showing herself to be.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:05 PM
Charter Jays Fan

I support #metoo but everything about this makes me suspicious. The GOP is above nothing; they'd let California sink into the sea to hold on to power.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
The GOP is above nothing; they'd let California sink into the sea to hold on to power.
Feature, not a bug.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
You think this is a "family values"/right-wing issue as opposed to a "workplace harassment"/feminist issue? OK, then.

In any case, beating the GOP is too important to go into this election with a candidate that's been kneecapped. Biden grabs women in public, a lot. He's also known for lying, a lot. It's easy to imagine that this actually happened, & hard for him to credibly deny. If the GOP were a bunch of saints, losing to them with Biden wouldn't be a big deal But they're not, so he really has to go.

I agree with you here, and I'd take it one step further. It's not just Biden, really. It's the boomers in general.

Let's face it: As far as this generation of Democrat politics goes, the boomers' time has come and the boomers' time has gone. Biden? Al Gore? Bill and Hillary? Franken? Do any of these guys really speak for us, anymore? Did they ever, really? Oh, we'll hold our noses and vote. We'll write their little . . . quirks . . . off to the times, to the nature of politics, to momentary lapses of judgement, and we'll even throw the women who accuse them under the bus. All for the greater good, right?

But the greater good is gone for good as far as these guys are concerned. I mean, come on, Al Franken? This guy was involved in Saturday Night Live, for crying out loud! Have you read any of the books dishing the dirt about the kind of shit that went on behind the scenes at Saturday Night Live? And yet, people still have the nerve to look surprised when it turns out he's less than enlightened when it comes to women? The mistake wasn't in forcing him to resign from the Senate. The mistake was in thinking that this guy represented some sort of progress to begin with.

If the boomers want to run for office, let them run as Republicans. Hey, it worked for Trump, right? Personally, I think Hillary Clinton was three-quarters of the way there anyway between attacking Obama, voting for the Iraq War and against gay marriage, and putting up with Bill sexually harassing interns and staffers (but they were totally begging for it, right folks?), so it's not like it's that much of a stretch. Otherwise, let them be staffers so they can rediscover the joys of being some ambitious sociopath's slave. They're finished as our voice.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:30 PM

Beyond potentially depressing the enthusiasm for Biden, Tara Reade's increasingly dubious allegations may be the end of #metoo. If "Every woman deserves to be heard" is taken to such an extreme that it torpedoes the alternative to the worst president in American history, there will be no more women heard - at least not when it comes to politics.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Oh Biden has to go, eh? Who's going to take his place - Justin Amash? Jill Stein? Vladimir Putin?
Old 05-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linty Fresh View Post
I agree with you here, and I'd take it one step further. It's not just Biden, really. It's the boomers in general.

Let's face it: As far as this generation of Democrat politics goes, the boomers' time has come and the boomers' time has gone. Biden? Al Gore? Bill and Hillary? Franken? Do any of these guys really speak for us, anymore? Did they ever, really? Oh, we'll hold our noses and vote. We'll write their little . . . quirks . . . off to the times, to the nature of politics, to momentary lapses of judgement, and we'll even throw the women who accuse them under the bus. All for the greater good, right?

But the greater good is gone for good as far as these guys are concerned. I mean, come on, Al Franken? This guy was involved in Saturday Night Live, for crying out loud! Have you read any of the books dishing the dirt about the kind of shit that went on behind the scenes at Saturday Night Live? And yet, people still have the nerve to look surprised when it turns out he's less than enlightened when it comes to women? The mistake wasn't in forcing him to resign from the Senate. The mistake was in thinking that this guy represented some sort of progress to begin with.

If the boomers want to run for office, let them run as Republicans. Hey, it worked for Trump, right? Personally, I think Hillary Clinton was three-quarters of the way there anyway between attacking Obama, voting for the Iraq War and against gay marriage, and putting up with Bill sexually harassing interns and staffers (but they were totally begging for it, right folks?), so it's not like it's that much of a stretch. Otherwise, let them be staffers so they can rediscover the joys of being some ambitious sociopath's slave. They're finished as our voice.
So...who have you got that has a chance in hell of winning?
Old 05-03-2020, 05:02 PM

::crashing in the through the drywall on an old Harley:: Yeeeaahh Gary Aleppo Johnson!!! Get outa my way!!! Woooooot!!!!

(chopper idling) Er....wait...is this not the, er, uh...forget it...I'm off.

(peels away)

Last edited by Guest-starring: Id!; 05-03-2020 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
So...who have you got that has a chance in hell of winning?
Nobody. We're fucked, and it's our own fault.

Last edited by Linty Fresh; 05-03-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:

Oh Biden has to go, eh? Who's going to take his place - Justin Amash? Jill Stein? Vladimir Putin?
Old 05-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Nobody. We're fucked, and it's our own fault.
Well...thanks for that. I guess.
If you had to choose between "bad" and "worse" which would you pick?
Old 05-03-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
I support #metoo but everything about this makes me suspicious. The GOP is above nothing; they'd let California sink into the sea to hold on to power.
The GOP has killed 66,000 Americans in two months. They know EXACTLY what they're doing. The only exception is where they didn't think it through, like ranting against masks and encouraging their evolutionally-challenged loyalists to "liberate" states.

Reade is now claiming she might not have filed a complaint at all. Or, if she did, what she said.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Well...thanks for that. I guess.
If you had to choose between "bad" and "worse" which would you pick?
I wouldn't. That's a false dilemma. It's a lazy way to look at the world, and it's a loser's way to look at the world, and the minute you forget that, in walks President Trump or President G. W. Bush, and they're there to stay, baby! If you keep offering the people "bad," sooner or later "worse" is going to win, because people are going to get fed up with voting for bad.

And before you ask, yes, OF COURSE, there's something we can do. I seem to remember another mediocre, grabby out-of-touch boomer having his ass handed to him by Obama, who, the last time I checked, was not that much older than I was and was smart, likeable, canny, and telegenic. In fact, now that I think about it, he beat two obnoxious, out-of-touch older guys, but check my math, I might be misremembering.

Obama, yeah . . . You know, the guy Hillary savaged, insulted, tried to tear down, and ultimately failed, because, as it turned out, people liked Obama quite a bit more than they liked her. Shit, man, people seemed to like herpes more than they liked her.

Find another Obama, and you'll get the US back. Run a crusty, old, out-of-touch sexual-harasser, and you're going to get exactly what you deserve, because when your party knowingly runs bad against worse, it pretty much starts the race without the moral high ground.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post
The GOP has killed 66,000 Americans in two months. They know EXACTLY what they're doing. The only exception is where they didn't think it through, like ranting against masks and encouraging their evolutionally-challenged loyalists to "liberate" states.

Reade is now claiming she might not have filed a complaint at all. Or, if she did, what she said.
Oh yeah it’s the Orange Man Bad about the pandemic.Jeez!
Old 05-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
I wouldn't. That's a false dilemma. It's a lazy way to look at the world, and it's a loser's way to look at the world, and the minute you forget that, in walks President Trump or President G. W. Bush, and they're there to stay, baby! If you keep offering the people "bad," sooner or later "worse" is going to win, because people are going to get fed up with voting for bad.

And before you ask, yes, OF COURSE, there's something we can do. I seem to remember another mediocre, grabby out-of-touch boomer having his ass handed to him by Obama, who, the last time I checked, was not that much older than I was and was smart, likeable, canny, and telegenic. In fact, now that I think about it, he beat two obnoxious, out-of-touch older guys, but check my math, I might be misremembering.

Obama, yeah . . . You know, the guy Hillary savaged, insulted, tried to tear down, and ultimately failed, because, as it turned out, people liked Obama quite a bit more than they liked her. Shit, man, people seemed to like herpes more than they liked her.

Find another Obama, and you'll get the US back. Run a crusty, old, out-of-touch sexual-harasser, and you're going to get exactly what you deserve, because when your party knowingly runs bad against worse, it pretty much starts the race without the moral high ground.
And what is your choice if you cannot find your "Obama"? To sit on your ass felling morally superior to everyone else?
Old 05-03-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
And what is your choice if you cannot find your "Obama"? To sit on your ass felling morally superior to everyone else?
No, but I'm not going to spend all my free time bitching on a message board about the electoral college and why can't everyone else in the country elect my candidate just because he or she is slightly less of a fuckhead than the other guy's fuckhead. That's another thing losers do.

Last edited by Linty Fresh; 05-03-2020 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:

"She's lying, but he did it."

What kind of mental gymnastics does that kind of cognitive dissonance require?
Old 05-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
No, but I'm not going to spend all my free time bitching on a message board about the electoral college and why can't everyone else in the country elect my candidate just because he or she is slightly less of a fuckhead than the other guy's fuckhead. That's another thing losers do.
Less bad is better than more bad, period. You just keep on looking for your Perfect Candidate, while the rest of us do our best to turn this country around.
Do try to remember that somebody is going to become President-They don't just do another election if you don't like either candidate.

Last edited by Czarcasm; 05-03-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Less bad is better than more bad, period. You just keep on looking for your Perfect Candidate, while the rest of us do our best to turn this country around.
Do try to remember that somebody is going to become President-They don't just do another election if you don't like either candidate.
Not perfect is one thing. Total loser is quite another. Not letting the perfect be the enemy of the good is one thing. Chucking "perfect" and "good" for total stupidity is quite another.

Obama: Not perfect.
Hillary Clinton: Total fucking loser, who lost to Trump and pretty much cemented herself in the Politically Fucked Hall of Fame. I understand Walter Mondale is nervous about how close she is to knocking him off his pedestal, but hey, she has to win something sometime. Oh, and she's about as likable as COVID-19.

Al Gore: Ummmm . . . well, then, glad I'm not his massage therapist.

Joe Biden: Yeah . . . when your concept of white knight on a horse leading us to the promised land is Uncle Touchy--who's also a bit of a crotchety old potty-mouth--maybe you deserve to lose to Orange Clulius.

It's a bit late now, but try to keep this in mind while looking for your candidate to beat Pence after Trump wins reelection. And just remember: We had four years to pick a decent candidate to represent us, and it turned out to be this guy? What exactly are you doing to turn this country around? 'Cause it ain't working.

Last edited by Linty Fresh; 05-03-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Not perfect is one thing. Total loser is quite another. Not letting the perfect be the enemy of the good is one thing. Chucking "perfect" and "good" for total stupidity is quite another.

Hillary Clinton: Total fucking loser, who lost to Trump and pretty much cemented herself in the Politically Fucked Hall of Fame. I understand Walter Mondale is nervous about how close she is to knocking him off his pedestal, but hey, she has to win something sometime. Oh, and she's about as likable as COVID-19.

Joe Biden: Yeah . . . when your concept of white knight on a horse leading us to the promised land is Uncle Touchy--who's also a bit of a crotchety old potty-mouth--maybe you deserve to lose to Orange Clulius.

It's a bit late now, but try to keep this in mind while looking for your candidate to beat Pence after Trump wins reelection. And just remember: We had four years to pick a decent candidate to represent us, and it turned out to be this guy? What exactly are you doing to turn this country around? 'Cause it ain't working.
there is something you said that I might challenge.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
there is something you said that I might challenge.
OK, you got me. For $5.00 and a wink, I'll give him the damn back rub.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
What kind of response even is that?

More like: Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris if she weren't defending her Senate seat, Julián Castro, Andrew Yang, Jay Inslee, even Kirsten Gillibrand. What is hard about this?
Old 05-03-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
What kind of response even is that?

More like: Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris if she weren't defending her Senate seat, Julián Castro, Andrew Yang, Jay Inslee, even Kirsten Gillibrand. What is hard about this?
Fuck it, at this point, let's just run Al Franken. Why the hell not?
Old 05-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
OK, you got me. For $5.00 and a wink, I'll give him the damn back rub.
https://www.bartleby.com/198/9.html

(text — T.S. Eliot; “Mr. Apollinax”)
Old 05-03-2020, 07:32 PM
Charter Member

Even if she's telling the truth, there's a big difference between her and Christine Ford Blasey. Blasey spoke out when she did because she wanted to prevent a sexual predator from becoming one of the most powerful people in the country. But if she's telling the truth, then Reade waited until it was guaranteed that a a sexual predator would become (or remain) the most powerful person in the country. If she had spoken out even a few months earlier, we could have gotten someone else.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
"She's lying, but he did it."

What kind of mental gymnastics does that kind of cognitive dissonance require?
I honestly wonder if any of the Biden voters have a theory of mind.

People are going to believe he did it. People already thought he was a creep if not a pedophile.

Biden was a weak candidate before these allegations. He was a known sex pest with no sense of other people's boundaries before these allegations—

Oh! That's the connection. Biden is a gropey pest because he lacks a good sense of what other people want. Biden's voters aren't bothered by this because they (you) are the same way. And that's why you can't understand that this is a losing ticket. You don't see other people as having opinions, except as they are irritating to you.

Biden voters are mentally deficient, psychopaths without a theory of mind, without the imagination to understand why anyone could ever disagree with you. People who disagree are assumed to just be "evil."

Wow, I'm so sorry you're dumb.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:

Biden and Trump: The current candidates.
Obama: Not a candidate, and can't be a candidate, even if all of you and your ilk clap your hands and wish upon stars.
This "all of your candidates are equally bad" crap is just your way of proudly sitting on a fence. " Yeah . . . when your concept of white knight on a horse leading us to the promised land is Uncle Touchy--who's also a bit of a crotchety old potty-mouth--maybe you deserve to lose to Orange Clulius." is just another way of saying that if you don't get exactly what you want the country can go straight to hell.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Even if she's telling the truth, there's a big difference between her and Christine Ford Blasey. Blasey spoke out when she did because she wanted to prevent a sexual predator from becoming one of the most powerful people in the country. But if she's telling the truth, then Reade waited until it was guaranteed that a a sexual predator would become (or remain) the most powerful person in the country. If she had spoken out even a few months earlier, we could have gotten someone else.
Moreover Ford made her complaint through the official channel and her name was outed because some journalist wrote that Senator Dianne Feinstein was sitting on the information. That's why Ford publicly testified. People forget that, or willingly choose to omit that fact.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Biden and Trump: The current candidates.
Obama: Not a candidate, and can't be a candidate, even if all of you and your ilk clap your hands and wish upon stars.
This "all of your candidates are equally bad" crap is just your way of proudly sitting on a fence. " Yeah . . . when your concept of white knight on a horse leading us to the promised land is Uncle Touchy--who's also a bit of a crotchety old potty-mouth--maybe you deserve to lose to Orange Clulius." is just another way of saying that if you don't get exactly what you want the country can go straight to hell.
Err . . . no, I'm not sitting on the fence. I'll vote Democrat (or maybe third party if the rape allegation turn out to be true), but I'll show up.

The whole "maybe you deserve to lose to Orange Clulius" isn't my way of saying the country could go straight to hell. It's more of my way of saying, "Wow, what kind of fucking idiots watch Hillary lose to Trump, spend four years dithering, and then come to the conclusion that really what we need is a clueless old white guy whose main qualification seems to be that he's not quite as rapey as the current president." Different thing, altogether. I'm not slagging America. I'm slagging the assclowns in charge of getting things done.

Last edited by Linty Fresh; 05-03-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:44 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
The Obama team vetted Biden with a fine-toothed comb in 2008 and found nothing questionable in his background and certainly nothing like this.
And on top of that, Biden is pounding Chump in the national polls and in the battleground states that Clinton lost in 2016. Biden is the strongest candidate to beat Chump, but the sore losers who backed other candidates just cannot concede that.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
If the GOP were a bunch of saints, losing to them with Biden wouldn't be a big deal But they're not, so he really has to go.

Well that's really stupid.

Let me guess, put Bernie back on the ticket, even though he lost embarrassingly?
Old 05-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Trump's only chance is for his minions to convince voters that their vote won't make a real difference, because Republicans thrive when the voter count is low.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Trump's only chance is for his minions to convince voters that their vote won't make a real difference, because Republicans thrive when the voter count is low.
Sigh . . . I remember listening to this shit four years ago today.

The problem is that you just don't learn. You don't. That's what I've been telling you for the past couple of hours. You get behind total zitbrains, and then when they lose, you blame the system, because it couldn't possibly be your fault could it?

Well . . . yes, it can. Run a screwed-up candidate in a screwed-up campaign, and you're going to lose, and all the caterwauling in the world isn't going to change that. Play a weak game against the Republican machine, and you will be crying real tears in the wee small hours after election night.

Caterwauling. I really love that word. I think I made this post just to use that word once this year. Thanks, Czarcasm!
Old 05-03-2020, 07:58 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Perhaps if you and a lot of Bernie Bros had listened, you wouldn't be in this mess.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Biden voters are mentally deficient, psychopaths without a theory of mind, without the imagination to understand why anyone could ever disagree with you. People who disagree are assumed to just be "evil.".
But you will be one of those mentally deficient psychopaths without a theory of mind come this November, correct?
Old 05-03-2020, 08:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
It was as true before as it is now.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
And on top of that, Biden is pounding Chump in the national polls and in the battleground states that Clinton lost in 2016. Biden is the strongest candidate to beat Chump, but the sore losers who backed other candidates just cannot concede that.
Exactly. Biden is leading in the polls by a very healthy margin. He appeals to key groups of voters, and ignoring his base because you'd prefer someone else is putting your head in the sand.

Why not focus on your preferred VP?
Old 05-03-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:

The problem is that you just don't learn. You don't. That's what I've been telling you for the past couple of hours. You get behind total zitbrains, and then when they lose, you blame the system, because it couldn't possibly be your fault could it?

Well . . . yes, it can. Run a screwed-up candidate in a screwed-up campaign, and you're going to lose, and all the caterwauling in the world isn't going to change that. Play a weak game against the Republican machine, and you will be crying real tears in the wee small hours after election night.

Caterwauling. I really love that word. I think I made this post just to use that word once this year. Thanks, Czarcasm!
Get help. There is life after the cult. With hard work, sanity and reason can be restored. God bless and godspeed.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
But technically, if Reade were deliberately timing things to snag Biden in the worst way, she would have accused Biden after he got the Democratic nomination - say, in September or October, when the DNC would have truly been hitched to Biden. The timing now still gives the DNC time to ditch Biden for some other candidate, although, yes, considerably harder now than two months ago.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
But you will be one of those mentally deficient psychopaths without a theory of mind come this November, correct?
Hahahahahahaha no.

I live in Missouri, a state the Democrats have not only abandoned, but curse at for not being coastal & urban, even as Claire McCaskill is brought on Morning Joe to represent...something? I assume that Biden not only won't get our electoral votes, he won't try.

Also, I've been too deep inside the Democratic Party to believe its ideology of anti-ideology can ever save us.

I'm most probably voting Green.

Last edited by foolsguinea; 05-03-2020 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Nope. Because I’d read it before, weeks ago. I wasn’t impressed. The article is full of dishonest bullshit, but instead of going through it paragraph by paragraph I’ll just point out that it was written by Ed Krassenstein.

You might not be aware of this, but Ed Krassenstein is a notorious crook who was busted for fraud in 2016, and was banned from Twitter for operating fake accounts and buying followers.

Krassenstein’s job is basically to figure out ways to monetise #ResistanceTwitter. I don’t trust him to portray Reade’s story fairly, because it’s not in his financial interest to do so. Bottom line, I just trust her much, much more than him.
If you don't like that article, what do you think of this one, written by a former career prosecutor? I found its points pretty compelling.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Wasn't Hilary pounding The Donald in the polls, four years ago?
Old 05-03-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Hahahahahahaha no.

I live in Missouri, a state the Democrats have not only abandoned, but curse at for not being coastal & urban, even as Claire McCaskill is brought on Morning Joe to represent...something? I assume that Biden not only won't get our electoral votes, he won't try.

Also, I've been too deep inside the Democratic Party to believe its ideology of anti-ideology can ever save us.

I'm most probably voting Green.
So the democratic party somehow actually disgusts you enough to vote third party and essentially for Trump. Oooooooo ideology of anti-ideology. Got it.

As for this Tara floozy...

Last edited by Guest-starring: Id!; 05-03-2020 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:09 PM

I think we need a short period of kind of a reverse amnesty where we say, okay, is there ANYBODY who committed a sexual offense on you in the past, anytime in the past before MeToo made it less threatening* and you didn't report it because you knew you wouldn't be believed/he (or she, I guess) was too much more powerful, s/he was too scary, but the situation has changed? Report this person NOW. Do not wait until they run or get elected.

Because that's my problem, not just with Reade but with Ford too. How can anyone possibly investigate something that was only ever going to be he said/she said at the time, and decades later expect to find the absolute truth?

Press charges now, or shut up.

*If it did

Last edited by Hilarity N. Suze; 05-03-2020 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarity N. Suze View Post
Wasn't Hilary pounding The Donald in the polls, four years ago?
Four years ago we were still having primaries. Head to head matchups between Clinton and Trump around this time in 2016 were showing a bit of a nosedive in her support if you look at the graph that excludes electoral votes that were statistically tied.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:45 AM

Quote:
I honestly wonder if any of the Biden voters have a theory of mind.

People are going to believe he did it. People already thought he was a creep if not a pedophile.

Biden was a weak candidate before these allegations. He was a known sex pest with no sense of other people's boundaries before these allegations—

Oh! That's the connection. Biden is a gropey pest because he lacks a good sense of what other people want. Biden's voters aren't bothered by this because they (you) are the same way. And that's why you can't understand that this is a losing ticket. You don't see other people as having opinions, except as they are irritating to you.

Biden voters are mentally deficient, psychopaths without a theory of mind, without the imagination to understand why anyone could ever disagree with you. People who disagree are assumed to just be "evil."

Wow, I'm so sorry you're dumb.
That's a whole lot of words to ignore:

"It's easy to imagine that this actually happened, & hard for him to credibly deny."

Followed by

"Yes, even if Tara Reade is a liar from Hell."

But if you're calling Biden voters mentally deficient psycopaths who are also gropey pests because they disagree with you...

Again, cognitive dissonance much?