Old 05-04-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
What kind of response even is that?

More like: Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris if she weren't defending her Senate seat, Julián Castro, Andrew Yang, Jay Inslee, even Kirsten Gillibrand. What is hard about this?
Oh, so people that the worst candidate in the world already defeated.

Shit, you fucking Bernie-crush nutjobs don't get it, do you? I'm really beginning to think you were grown on a Russian troll farm.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Hahahahahahaha no.

I live in Missouri, a state the Democrats have not only abandoned, but curse at for not being coastal & urban, even as Claire McCaskill is brought on Morning Joe to represent...something? I assume that Biden not only won't get our electoral votes, he won't try.

Also, I've been too deep inside the Democratic Party to believe its ideology of anti-ideology can ever save us.

I'm most probably voting Green.
Kansas City now has Sputnik Russian propaganda on the air between 6 and 9 am. Check it out.

http://www.kcxl.com/shows.html
Old 05-04-2020, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
So the democratic party somehow actually disgusts you enough to vote third party and essentially for Trump. Oooooooo ideology of anti-ideology. Got it.
Normally I would quibble, but I'll give that a pass considering the Green party was backed by Putin, so you'd be voting just as much for Putin as you would if you'd voted for Trump.

Last edited by Ludovic; 05-04-2020 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:55 AM

^ a general "you", sure.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:07 AM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarity N. Suze View Post
Wasn't Hilary pounding The Donald in the polls, four years ago?
Not really, no. She usually had a slim lead, but she was never kicking the shit out of him. The election was always in doubt.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:15 AM

People are going to blame their marriages on Russia (if they haven't already)
Old 05-04-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
(Hillary) usually had a slim lead, but she was never kicking the shit out of him. The election was always in doubt.
I dunno, it looks like Hillary is a shoo-in.

"Hillary Clinton has vaulted to a double-digit advantage in the inaugural ABC News 2016 election tracking poll, boosted by broad disapproval of Donald Trump on two controversial issues: His treatment of women and his reluctance to endorse the election’s legitimacy.

Likely voters by a vast 69-24 percent disapprove of Trump’s response to questions about his treatment of women...
All told, Clinton leads Trump by 12 percentage points among likely voters, 50 to 38 percent, in the national survey, her highest support and his lowest to date in ABC News and ABC News/Washington Post polls."
Old 05-04-2020, 10:28 AM

In a move reminiscent of Robert Mueller’s fake accuser, Reade canceled a Fox News interview with Chris Wallace.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-Chris-Wallace

I guess she figured that the Trump channel would be a great softball outlet for pushing her ill-thought out and inconsistent smear job. Then someone probably tipped her off that Wallace is almost actually a real journalist and not a total Trump shill. So now she’s scared, she’s not ready....acting like every high profile scammer ever when the game falls apart.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:30 AM

In a move reminiscent of Robert Mueller’s fake accuser, Reade canceled a Fox News interview with Chris Wallace.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-Chris-Wallace

I guess she figured that the Trump channel would be a great softball outlet for pushing her ill-thought out and inconsistent smear job. Then someone probably tipped her off that Wallace is almost actually a real journalist and not a total Trump shill. So now she’s scared, she’s not ready....acting like every high profile scammer ever when the game falls apart.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarity N. Suze View Post
I think we need a short period of kind of a reverse amnesty where we say, okay, is there ANYBODY who committed a sexual offense on you in the past, anytime in the past before MeToo made it less threatening* and you didn't report it because you knew you wouldn't be believed/he (or she, I guess) was too much more powerful, s/he was too scary, but the situation has changed? Report this person NOW. Do not wait until they run or get elected.

Because that's my problem, not just with Reade but with Ford too. How can anyone possibly investigate something that was only ever going to be he said/she said at the time, and decades later expect to find the absolute truth?

Press charges now, or shut up.

*If it did
An amnesty from what? Women who come forward with allegations aren't subject to any legal penalty (except, in extremely rare circumstances, something like "filing a false police report", or whatever, but that's even harder to prove than the rape charges themselves). The penalties they suffer are assigned in the court of public opinion, and that court doesn't recognize declarations of amnesty. If you just mean that public opinion should change such that women feel comfortable coming forward with their stories, then yes, of course that should change, but it shouldn't change just for a brief period; it should change forever.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:15 PM

Wow, sorry about the dupe post. This is a new one on me. I learned a long time ago that if the board times out when I try to post I shouldn’t try again because the post will be there once I can access the board again. Which is what I did at around 11:30 today, and I am really puzzled by the duplicate.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
An amnesty from what? Women who come forward with allegations aren't subject to any legal penalty (except, in extremely rare circumstances, something like "filing a false police report", or whatever, but that's even harder to prove than the rape charges themselves). The penalties they suffer are assigned in the court of public opinion, and that court doesn't recognize declarations of amnesty. If you just mean that public opinion should change such that women feel comfortable coming forward with their stories, then yes, of course that should change, but it shouldn't change just for a brief period; it should change forever.
This is why I said "reverse amnesty."

The allegations could be brought forward and they're now on the record, as opposed to trotting them out at times when said allegations can be viewed as politically suspect.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Did you feel the same about Christine Ford when she came forward with her decades old allegation on the eve of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court? Because, if not, it kinda seems like you’re more interested in playing politics and using #MeToo as a shield than actually sticking up for survivors.
I, for one, did not like Brett Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court appointee. I liked less Ms Ford's flimsy allegation of sexual assault by him. I don't play politics where that business is concerned. I do feel that more time should have been given for more women to come forward, just as I am open to more women coming forward with allegations against Biden. My knee-jerk reaction to these isolated accounts of sexual wrong-doing that come out of nowhere so many decades down the road is cold skepticism. Memories can be faulty.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
Sorry, ONE POLL? No, that's now how this stuff works. No one believes one poll. That's bananas.

On the day this poll was announced, October 23, Clinton was maybe five or six points ahead according to the polls (in fact, it was likely more like 3.5 to 4) and that was actually one of her high water marks. Twelve points, though, is bananas. The ABC poll was a ludicrous outlier.

You have to aggregate and adjust for ALL the polls.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
there is something you said that I might challenge.
America sometimes loves its crotchety old potty mouthed Presidents. Remember how the country was waxing nostalgically about Harry Truman back in the 70s?
Old 05-04-2020, 04:07 PM
BANNED

All the creepy old misogynist fucks who might read the words "creepy old misogynist fucks" and think they're the topic of discussion re: this line of discussion should know that the world will be a better place without them.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:20 PM

Meet me in the kitchen backwards sunset mellows the worms, or so I've heard. Kinichiwa paddles the canoe but camber is not felicity.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimfromNapa View Post
I, for one, did not like Brett Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court appointee. I liked less Ms Ford's flimsy allegation of sexual assault by him. I don't play politics where that business is concerned. I do feel that more time should have been given for more women to come forward, just as I am open to more women coming forward with allegations against Biden. My knee-jerk reaction to these isolated accounts of sexual wrong-doing that come out of nowhere so many decades down the road is cold skepticism. Memories can be faulty.
If I'm biased on these issues because of political leanings, it must be subconscious because I try hard to be objective. I found nothing about Christine Ford's testimony to be "flimsy". The words that come to mind include one that is often applied to survivors: courageous -- knowing she would facing interrogation on national TV by a largely Republican and hostile committee -- and words like "credible" and "articulate". In contrast to Kavanaugh, who simply had a fucking meltdown, and that alone should have disqualified him as emotionally unfit for the job. And his claim that he and his family "prayed for" Christine Ford -- fucking lying hypocrite.

And I am fucking sick and tired of hearing about these Tara Reade allegations. She has more versions of her story than Heinz has varieties. They should be published in a fiction collection called "The Collected Works of Tara Reade".
Old 05-04-2020, 05:24 PM
Elephant Whisperer

The Bernie nutjobs are like chickens running around with their head cut off. They don't understand yet that they are dead, so flop around in a futile manner.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:55 PM
Charter Member

Ms. Ford's allegations against Kavanaugh might, by themselves, have been flimsy. But then Kavanaugh went and, in his "defense", confirmed them. "It can't have been me! I was too busy getting drunk while underaged to rape anyone! And I was too busy studying to get drunk! And it must have been on a weekend, because I never had parties on weekdays, and to prove it, here's my old calendar which shows a party on a weekday right around the time she said it happened! And you can ask any of my friends, who have all fled the country to avoid prosecution for their parts in the rapes that never happened!".

And how the heck would "more time be given" without the first victim stepping forward?
Old 05-04-2020, 06:19 PM

I'm guessing that, with the Secretary of the Senate saying today that she won't release any personnel records, Reade wishes she waited another day or two before admitting that she never actually filled a report, just an intake form, and never mentioned sexual assault or harassment. We could have pretended that they're the hidden smoking gun instead of knowing they're a nothingburger.

Last edited by Jophiel; 05-04-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:13 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
If I'm biased on these issues because of political leanings, it must be subconscious because I try hard to be objective. I found nothing about Christine Ford's testimony to be "flimsy". The words that come to mind include one that is often applied to survivors: courageous -- knowing she would facing interrogation on national TV by a largely Republican and hostile committee -- and words like "credible" and "articulate". In contrast to Kavanaugh, who simply had a fucking meltdown, and that alone should have disqualified him as emotionally unfit for the job. And his claim that he and his family "prayed for" Christine Ford -- fucking lying hypocrite.
His bizarre financials - huge debts that mysteriously were paid off with sums he couldn't possibly have had - were never explained. He certainly lied about those. Why should I believe him about the Ford allegations when he'd lied about his financials?
Old 05-05-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
I do not believe her. But just to be fair, 'cause that's the kind of guy I am, I'll not believe one of trump's accusers either.
Ha! This.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Oooooooo ideology of anti-ideology. Got it.
You don't get it. I've tried to be active in the party. Lot of nice people, but the party stands for nothing. Too many endorsements are exchanged for nothing more than "Endorse me! Be my friend! I'll endorse you!" The country needs better. It needs a real ideological alternative to Charles Koch, not a club packed with empty-headed money-chasers.

Last edited by foolsguinea; 05-05-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:59 PM

This:

Quote:
The country needs better. It needs a real ideological alternative to Charles Koch, not a club packed with empty-headed money-chasers.
Being merely "not Trump" doesn't make anybody any less of an empty-headed money-chaser.

"Not Trump" is fine. Great. But not as a cover for moving the party to the economic right.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Too many endorsements are exchanged for nothing more than "Endorse me! Be my friend! I'll endorse you!"
So that was the main takeaway from that whole experience, not discussion of policy or implementation or strategies for platforms for those policies? It was just one, big, endorseadelic, greenish Magic Christian sewage pool for money, then?

Again - Got it.

(yeah further derailing. TR's pretty-well been hashed out anyhoos)
Old 05-06-2020, 09:34 AM

I personally think #metoo, believe women, should only mean that we need to believe an accusation enough to give it a serious look. Do not dismiss it out of hand and do a reasonable investigation of the accusation. It does not mean just take the accusation as fact and lock the guy up forever.

When the case is as old as this I am not sure how much investigation can be reasonably done. There are some bits that kind of support Reade (a bit of a reach but some) and there is stuff working against her accusation.

Since this is for the president of the US have a good look. To be honest, since it is a candidate for president of the US, reporters will likely do a more thorough job of scouring the country for info than any law enforcement agency. See what comes of it.

Frankly I think Reade's case is not a good one as it stands now (and I am no fan of Biden).
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill

Last edited by Whack-a-Mole; 05-06-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack-a-Mole View Post
There are some bits that kind of support Reade (a bit of a reach but some) and there is stuff working against her accusation.
The pit thread might be the wrong place for an attempt at a serious question, but I'll give it a go anyway. I see the parts that "support" Reade as being the evidence that she informed confidantes at the time of the alleged assault. In particular, there is tape of her mother calling into Larry King Live. This is, IMHO (though I don't consider myself super-well informed here), akin to the therapist data point in the Kavanaugh/Blasey-Ford case, which seemed quite persuasive.

On the "working against her" side, we have the fact that her story keeps changing and that she seems to be openly leveling her accusations in order to maximize partisan advantage to Trump.

Anything I missed? Why do you find the evidence of contemporary reporting to confidantes to be unpersuasive?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Not Taunt View Post
In particular, there is tape of her mother calling into Larry King Live.
As I understand it, the woman who called into Larry King Live identified neither herself or her daughter.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin' View Post
As I understand it, the woman who called into Larry King Live identified neither herself or her daughter.
That is true as I understand as well, nor did she mention Biden, nor sexual assault. I'm not completely sure how well accepted it is that it is her mother.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I think her actions will be directly responsible for the rollback of 100 years worth of civil rights and sexual discrimination legislation. She will get her “justice” but all of our daughters and granddaughters will grow up in a world where they are legal chattel.

It will take less than 4 years to finish remaking the judiciary. You will lose your abortion rights by 2024, it will be considered murder.

The laws against marital rape may be overturned. I would not be surprised if there isn’t new legislation requiring witnesses in order to even prosecute rape. The will start prosecuting homosexuality as a crime again.

Gerrymandering will be so complete that there will not ever be another free election past 2024.

I really do believe all this and more will happen if Trump gets re-elected, and way faster than you can imagine.

She’s a selfish little bitch. I don’t find anything remotely credible about her story. I’m seriously starting to think that the progressive wing of the Democratic Party would rather spend the rest of their lives having one long butthurt pity party than actually being but in the position of being able to effect change.

At least I’m old and I had the privilege of living out my working years during Golden Age of equal rights. It’s going to suck to watch it all fall away, but it’s the people that are going to have to live in the upcoming Dark Ages that they are enabling that will really suffer.
Is there a Pessimists' Club for people like you and me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
One thing that's for certain is the Trump ass-lickers and Bernie cultists are using her hard. As if trash like Shodan give a shit about Tara Reade. Hypocrisy? Shove it up your disgusting, rapist-loving asses.
SDMB is my main source of news. Is it true that Bernie Brats are trying to nail up Biden with this? Shame!
Old 05-06-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
SDMB is my main source of news. Is it true that Bernie Brats are trying to nail up Biden with this? Shame!
Oh yeah cuz of all the people who stand to gain by this it is the Bernie Brats! I mean, why do this during the primary? Better to wait till your guy is out of the race and supporting the other guy to really hit the other guy with a scandal!

What a putz.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill
Old 05-06-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack-a-Mole View Post
Oh yeah cuz of all the people who stand to gain by this it is the Bernie Brats! I mean, why do this during the primary? Better to wait till your guy is out of the race and supporting the other guy to really hit the other guy with a scandal!

What a putz.
Hope springs eternal for Bernie supporters.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:14 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin' View Post
"The scandal-plagued Joe Biden." Haha! What a crock of shit. The Bernie Bros are oozing desperation.

Last edited by Siam Sam; 05-06-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
"The scandal-plagued Joe Biden." Haha! What a crock of shit. The Bernie Bros are oozing desperation.
You know, until Hillary lost to that shit-for-brains with the tanning session gone horribly, horribly wrong, I didn't realize that it was possible to feel Schadenfreude toward your own side. But damned if this isn't fun.

You're running a desperate campaign for the future of America against an incumbent president holding all the cards. Go ahead and KEEP EATING YOUR OWN, YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOTS!!! WHOOOOOOO

And the hell of it is that I was actually eating popcorn while reading this. This board. It's like you're MST3K'g your own wake. I just can't get enough of you guys. I know I should be doing something constructive, but there's just something about . . . this. It's like being outside on a hot day and someone giving you an ice cold glass of ginger ale . . . that's also stupid and annoying.

Last edited by Linty Fresh; 05-06-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linty Fresh View Post
You know, until Hillary lost to that shit-for-brains with the tanning session gone horribly, horribly wrong, I didn't realize that it was possible to feel Schadenfreude toward your own side. But damned if this isn't fun.

You're running a desperate campaign for the future of America against an incumbent president holding all the cards. Go ahead and KEEP EATING YOUR OWN, YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOTS!!! WHOOOOOOO

And the hell of it is that I was actually eating popcorn while reading this. This board. It's like you're MST3K'g your own wake. I just can't get enough of you guys. I know I should be doing something constructive, but there's just something about . . . this. It's like being outside on a hot day and someone giving you an ice cold glass of ginger ale . . . that's also stupid and annoying.
Your larger font has convinced me. Not! I look forward to watching you hold your nose while you vote for Biden in November. That is, if you don't vote for Chump, which I would not put it past the Bernie Cretins to do.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Your larger font has convinced me. Not! I look forward to watching you hold your nose while you vote for Biden in November. That is, if you don't vote for Chump, which I would not put it past the Bernie Cretins to do.
Like a refreshing swim in a clear lake . . . that doesn't actually understand anything about politics.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I mean, it's the Jacobin. Fantasy Socialism is what they do. If they ever suggested anything but "This is just the break Sanders has been waiting for", they'd lose 90% of their readers.

Last edited by Jophiel; 05-06-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:46 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
I mean, it's the Jacobin. Fantasy Socialism is what they do. If they ever suggested anything but "This is just the break Sanders has been waiting for", they'd lose 90% of their readers.
Indeed. No doubt Linty Fresh has a lifetime subscription.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Indeed. No doubt Linty Fresh has a lifetime subscription.
Dude, here's a hint: Why don't you try reading the threads you post to? I said upthread that I would vote for Biden, unless the rape allegations turned out to be true, in which case I'd vote third party. I'm not a socialist. Until 2004, I voted republican.

You wanna know why Trump won in 2016? It's because we as a party aren't any smarter than he is as an individual. And that is really saying something. And that something rhymes with . . . well, actually not a lot rhymes with "Trumps ekes out another victory in November," does it?

Meh, I comfort myself by looking at this board and the democrats in general and thinking to myself, "Like we'd do any better."

Last edited by Linty Fresh; 05-06-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:01 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linty Fresh View Post
Dude, here's a hint: Why don't you try reading the threads you post to? I said upthread that I would vote for Biden, unless the rape allegations turned out to be true, in which case I'd vote third party. I'm not a socialist. Until 2004, I voted republican.

You wanna know why Trump won in 2016? It's because we as a party aren't any smarter than he is as an individual. And that is really saying something. And that something rhymes with . . . well, actually not a lot rhymes with "Trumps ekes out another victory in November," does it?

Meh, I comfort myself by looking at this board and the democrats in general and thinking to myself, "Like we'd do any better."
Republikan. Figures. Smells like one.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Sigh . . . it's almost too easy. Are you sure you're in a place where you can talk about Bernie Bro's being self-destructive idiots?

Last edited by Linty Fresh; 05-06-2020 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
You are doing the same thing MAGA types do.

Your anointed one can do no wrong. It simply HAS to be some voodoo from Bernie Bros. Certainly your candidate can't screw up. They are perfect.

Sound familiar?
Old 05-06-2020, 08:41 PM

Step #1...Get Trump out. Just get him and all his family and cronies out.
Step #2...Flip the Senate if at all possible.
Step #3...After the next 3-4 SC judges are appointed by Biden and confirmed by a Dem Senate, then we worry about purifying the Democratic party. It needs it, we can do it, first things first.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Hippie View Post
Step #3...After the next 3-4 SC judges are appointed by Biden and confirmed by a Dem Senate, then we worry about purifying the Democratic party. It needs it, we can do it, first things first.
Sounds good to me.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
You're a dumb piece of shit.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Hippie View Post
I think this sums it up well.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Did you feel the same about Christine Ford when she came forward with her decades old allegation on the eve of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court?
Comparing the Kavanaugh issue to Biden is a false equivalency for a couple of reasons. Before his supreme court nomination, almost nobody had heard of him, so Ms. Ford did not have as much of a reason to come forward, and if Kavanaugh had not been confirmed, the Pubbies would have come up with another conservative justice instead. Biden's been well known in public service for decades. Were these charges not sufficient enough to bring up when he was nominated for VP? Or how about when he first announced that he was throwing his hat into the ring for the 2020 nomination? It seems that it was only after he became the presumptive nominee that the charges really became public, where Biden cannot be realistically replaced by another candidate.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running with Scissors View Post
Comparing the Kavanaugh issue to Biden is a false equivalency for a couple of reasons. Before his supreme court nomination, almost nobody had heard of him, so Ms. Ford did not have as much of a reason to come forward, and if Kavanaugh had not been confirmed, the Pubbies would have come up with another conservative justice instead. Biden's been well known in public service for decades. Were these charges not sufficient enough to bring up when he was nominated for VP? Or how about when he first announced that he was throwing his hat into the ring for the 2020 nomination? It seems that it was only after he became the presumptive nominee that the charges really became public, where Biden cannot be realistically replaced by another candidate.
I agree with all of this, and it's what I'd categorize from my earlier post as 'maximizing partisan advantage.'

I'm curious how you fit her alleged contemporary reports of the assault (to friends, her mom, etc) into your framework of evaluating her veracity? If it weren't for those, I'd feel comfortable completely dismissing this for lack of evidence combined with evidence of her prevarication and optimizing political advantage. But those contemporary reports nag at me.

Last edited by Do Not Taunt; 05-07-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:36 PM

Megyn Kelly tweeted that she has interviewed Reade. As far as I know, Kelly isn't actually working for anyone these days so I'm not sure what the plan with her interview is. I'm sure she has one and isn't just interviewing people in her basement for fun, I just dunno what it is.