Old 05-16-2020, 04:50 PM

Is the Trump a drinker? Or cocaine punk?

Ive wondered ab out this for a long time, since his twitters often com at 4-5 in the morning. Is he posting drunk?

I know the rumours that he is an abstinence man, but noone can trust him, so thoughts?
Old 05-16-2020, 04:53 PM

I could have done better in my message title, if any mod sees this, please correct my error
Old 05-16-2020, 05:08 PM

I believe he's a tee-totaller. I don't think coke is his problem.
He might be on ADD drugs or something.

Or, maybe he's just bat-crap insane.

Yeah, I'm going with that.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:10 PM

He is likely suffering from early onset dementia. His behavior is too erratic and self=destructive to be the work of a normal brain.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:19 PM

To me, he scans like a stupid man who wakes up, chases adderall with coffee, and thinks it's his job to own the libs for a few hours.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:24 PM

Trump says often in public that he does not drink alcohol. I am not aware of anyone calling him out on that, so I’m inclined to believe it’s true. (Compared the number of people who gleefully talked about Obama smoking.) Could be wrong.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsircool View Post
He is likely suffering from early onset dementia. His behavior is too erratic and self=destructive to be the work of a normal brain.
Interesting thought. Ive seen earlier interview from whne he was younger where he seemed quite composed and coherent
Old 05-16-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
This, and there are persistent rumors that he takes pseudoephedrine in gorilla-sized doses.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:32 PM

Trump is so secretive, but I think though he claims not to have ever had a drink, he gets drunk and tweets drunk. It's pretty obvious, and Trump is not known for telling the truth, quite the opposite, so when he claims he never had a drink in his life I think it's safe to say yes he drinks and tweets.

Quote:
Maybe. I think it's the work of a brain of a profoundly stupid asshole. No need to make assumptions or make it overly complicated. We can just stick to the facts. Occam's Razor, Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace309 View Post
Trump says often in public that he does not drink alcohol. I am not aware of anyone calling him out on that, so Iím inclined to believe itís true. (Compared the number of people who gleefully talked about Obama smoking.) Could be wrong.
Maybe that's his problem? He might chill out if he had a beer or two once in a while.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggins View Post
Ive wondered ab out this for a long time, since his twitters often com at 4-5 in the morning. Is he posting drunk?

I know the rumours that he is an abstinence man, but noone can trust him, so thoughts?
Trump is too wigged out to be a drinker. If what ails him is chemically induced, it's uppers of some kind.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Trump says often in public that he does not drink alcohol.
I don't believe I've ever heard him say that. I've heard second-hand accounts that he doesn't drink alcohol, and have no reason to doubt those. However, if he does indeed state often in public that he doesn't drink, I'd switch my view and suspect that he does since the rule of thumb is that he's always lying.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I believe he's a tee-totaller. I don't think coke is his problem.
He might be on ADD drugs or something.

Or, maybe he's just bat-crap insane.

Yeah, I'm going with that.
Exactly.

The standard narrative is that his brother drank himself to death and so Trump decided never to drink. As has been pointed out, he's not a trustworthy source of information, but there are plenty of people who've known Trump for decades and have witnessed him and his family up close. If the story as told were untrue, someone would have said something by now. Yet I don't believe I've ever heard anyone accuse Trump of drinking.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
He is likely suffering from early onset dementia.
The man is 73 already. That's far too old for "early"-onset dementia.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Maybe. I think it's the work of a brain of a profoundly stupid asshole. No need to make assumptions or make it overly complicated. We can just stick to the facts. Occam's Razor, Simple as that.
A man of his age who doesnt exercise and hates to read...?

Omorossa thinks he has dementia

https://qz.com/1355725/omarosas-book...imers-disease/

His Aides think he "..think he may have learning disabilities, dementia or can't read"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8146176.html

And The Atlantic hints at abnormalities in his movement and behavior

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ecline/548759/
Old 05-16-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Trump says often in public that he does not drink alcohol. I am not aware of anyone calling him out on that, so Iím inclined to believe itís true. (Compared the number of people who gleefully talked about Obama smoking.) Could be wrong.
Yeah, I don't think he drinks either, or at least not much. His brother died of alcoholism and I think he decided he was never going to do that.

I do believe both pill popping and dementia.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
I believe the early part refers to the stage of disease, not his age.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CairoCarol View Post
Exactly.

The standard narrative is that his brother drank himself to death and so Trump decided never to drink. As has been pointed out, he's not a trustworthy source of information, but there are plenty of people who've known Trump for decades and have witnessed him and his family up close. If the story as told were untrue, someone would have said something by now. Yet I don't believe I've ever heard anyone accuse Trump of drinking.
Where would a President get alcohol anyway? When Nixon turned to drinking to deal with the stress and anxiety of Watergate it got out. In embarrassing detail.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:00 PM

The man lies about everything, so I donít know why his claim that he doesnít drink is so readily believed. Itís not his mood altering substance of choice, but there are plenty of accounts from people whoíve seen him drink and served him drink. Noel Casler, who worked on The Apprentice, tweets about Trumpís prodigious stimulant use. Adderall (snorted) is apparently his ďmaintenanceĒ drug, but coke and meth are in play as well. And the barbiturates to bring him back down (those slurry, sleepy times when he has to give a prepared speech).

Itís very interesting to see Noel tag the Trumps (heís got dirt on the kids too) in all his tweets and they never, ever react. Wonder why that might be?

https://twitter.com/caslernoel/statu...89113178468353
Old 05-16-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Where would a President get alcohol anyway? When Nixon turned to drinking to deal with the stress and anxiety of Watergate it got out. In embarrassing detail.
I imagine a president could order a fully stocked bar and wine with dinner. Why not?
Old 05-16-2020, 07:16 PM

McDonalds doesnít sell booze in the USA.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miskatonic View Post
McDonalds doesnít sell booze in the USA.
Or cocaine, sadly.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:49 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

No. He's not tweeting drunk. IMPE, drunk people do not lie like Hell when they're plastered. If anything, they are far too honest. The damn dirty lying sack of dung is just evil.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
IMPE, drunk people do not lie like Hell when they're plastered.
Unless they're predisposed to lying to begin with. We had neighbors like that: liars while sober and even bigger liars while drunk.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:39 PM
Charter Member

I don't think Trump drinks.

But you know how some people get drunk and lose their filter for what's normal social behavior? That's Trump's natural state.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:42 PM

He's just a massive prick. No drugs or alcohol or dementia necessary. No excuses. Just a nasty, petty, evil piece of shit. Always has been.

Sure, there's a reason. Do you care? His father probably belittled him and made him feel small. His mother probably fucked him in the ass with a strap-on, or something equally normal. Monsters are made, I guess. Rather than understand him, I wish he'd just fuck off and die of a massive coronary.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:52 PM
Entangled
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
He's just a massive prick. No drugs or alcohol or dementia necessary. No excuses. Just a nasty, petty, evil piece of shit. Always has been.

Sure, there's a reason. Do you care? His father probably belittled him and made him feel small. His mother probably fucked him in the ass with a strap-on, or something equally normal. Monsters are made, I guess. Rather than understand him, I wish he'd just fuck off and die of a massive coronary.
So you won't be voting for him?
Old 05-16-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post

While I too reluctantly wish he would die or his guard would Caligula/Nero him for the good of the country, I think its very important to understand difficult/unusual/controversial people for the sake of future generations. Our understanding of Hitler, Himmler and how they came to murder millions of people helps us prevent such future genocides. Regardless of political ideology, Trump is utterly unfit to be President and each day he serves is a further embarrassment/disaster for our country.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:04 PM

Trump is a fucking moron -- except for when it comes to scamming people.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post

I don't think he's that good at scamming people. The real issue is the number of people who basically scam themselves and swan dive for him. That's more a function of their stupid behavior than his evil behavior.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
Or cocaine, sadly.
Wait, you mean that "special sauce" doesn't...
Old 05-16-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
Okay, early-STAGE dementia.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:06 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggins View Post
I could have done better in my message title, if any mod sees this, please correct my error
Fixed typos in title.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Why wouldn't a president be able to get alcohol? Just because there have been drunks in the White House before doesn't mean they've banned it from the premises.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:17 AM

There must certainly be some cognitive decline at play, to say the least.

There are known recordings of him speaking at earlier stages of his life. (I've haven't listened to any myself, but I've seen it mentioned many times.) By all accounts I've read, he was a passably articulate and lucid speaker in days of yore, compared to the inchoate word salad he spouts these days.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:41 AM

Quote:
After he resigned, yes. I'm unaware of this being common knowledge while he was in office.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:15 AM

Another thing I've not seen specifically mentioned in this thread is the idea that he's sundowning. Or that his Adderall has worn off. rather than him adding more. He could be posting with the drunkenness you feel when incredibly sleepy, made worse by his cognitive decline.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:30 AM
Elephant Whisperer

I've known people who seemed just as batshit insane as Chump even without drugs or alcohol. That he does not drink seems to be generally accepted. Didn't his father have extreme Alzheimer's?
Old 05-17-2020, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak of Twilo View Post
After he resigned, yes. I'm unaware of this being common knowledge while he was in office.
https://medium.com/@Anthony_Bergen/w...y-40ffbeac6c44

Woodward and Bernstein soon made it common knowledge.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
I don't think he's that good at scamming people. The real issue is the number of people who basically scam themselves and swan dive for him. That's more a function of their stupid behavior than his evil behavior.
I think Trump has some skill at scamming people. It's not that he's great at scamming. But he is capable of identifying a large crowd of stupid people and figuring out a story they'll swallow.

To use the old line, Trump can fool some of the people all of the time. But he's not good enough to fool all of the people even some of the time.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
While I too reluctantly wish he would die or his guard would Caligula/Nero him for the good of the country, I think its very important to understand difficult/unusual/controversial people for the sake of future generations. Our understanding of Hitler, Himmler and how they came to murder millions of people helps us prevent such future genocides. Regardless of political ideology, Trump is utterly unfit to be President and each day he serves is a further embarrassment/disaster for our country.
I've always said that the priority should be getting Trump out of office immediately. Even if it meant Pence becoming President. And this year has shown the danger of Trump being President on a day by day basis.

But that said, I think there's also a value on Trump staying alive through November. If he dies in office, future immoral politicians will look at his example and decide that he got away with it. They'll figure they can do the same kind of horrible things that Trump has done but just maintain a healthier lifestyle. Or hire a cadre of loyal bodyguards, depending on how he died.

So for that reason, I want Trump to be voted out of office. Resoundingly. Ideally by the highest margin of defeat that any incumbent President has ever experienced. Because that sends a message to those future immoral politicians that there are still limits to what we will accept. I want future Presidents to be thinking "Okay, I'll break some laws and make some bad decisions but I won't go as far as Trump did and end up like him. I'll make sure I do at least a half-ass job."
Old 05-17-2020, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
I think Trump has some skill at scamming people. It's not that he's great at scamming. But he is capable of identifying a large crowd of stupid people and figuring out a story they'll swallow.

To use the old line, Trump can fool some of the people all of the time. But he's not good enough to fool all of the people even some of the time.

But he's also swallowing his bullshit. He's not operating a scam. He's simply being abusive, hurting those he hates. His jealousy makes him hate a lot of people, though.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:29 AM

Of course he's operating a scam--he's scamming people to get re-elected, just like he scammed them to get elected in the first place. The fact that Trump is hateful goes without saying. Just sitting around wringing our hands because he's hateful isn't going to get rid of him. In fact, that just makes him more appealing to his base. That's how he got in office. Everyone was focusing on his hatefulness instead of his fraud and incompetence. That allowed him to get ahead in controlling the discourse, and he's been doing it ever since.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMoon View Post
The man lies about everything, so I donít know why his claim that he doesnít drink is so readily believed.
I agree with this analysis and I think he probably does drink casually, but nothing about him strikes me as a drunk or problem drinker. He's on something like rocket fuel in the early hours of the morning. It would be a stimulant. Especially with his age and poor physical condition, and short attention span he'd need a stimulant. But cocaine or meth would have burned him out a long time ago.

That mostly makes me think he's on Adderall in the daytime. And I'm sure when he needs to sleep or not look like a maniac, somebody hits him with Xanax or some other tranquilizer to slow him down.

I think JFK was notoriously a heavy user of uppers/downers and I'm sure he's not the last President to use that kind of prescription assistance when needed.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senegoid View Post
There must certainly be some cognitive decline at play, to say the least.

There are known recordings of him speaking at earlier stages of his life. (I've haven't listened to any myself, but I've seen it mentioned many times.) By all accounts I've read, he was a passably articulate and lucid speaker in days of yore, compared to the inchoate word salad he spouts these days.
I agree with this analysis as well. Looking at past recordings he seems somewhat like a savvy businessman who's a bit full of himself, not even a terribly bad guy.

Up until the 2016 debates I didn't get any of my news from video at all, so when I tuned in to watch him, I was pretty shocked and horrified to see what a trainwreck he'd become, and to further realize that nearly half the country was with him in spited of being a crazed ignorant dimwit.

But yeah, I'd say he's been losing his marbles for a while, and he's relying on Adderall, Twitter, a loyal staff of flunkies, and a credulous press to maintain appearances of being angry and passionate instead of ignorant and incoherent.

Last edited by HMS Irruncible; 05-17-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:20 PM

Interesting phrase - cocaine punks. Is that like a meth squatter or pcp brat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
I think JFK was notoriously a heavy user of uppers/downers and I'm sure he's not the last President to use that kind of prescription assistance when needed.
Indeed, Dr. Feelgood could possibly back that up.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
Why wouldn't a president be able to get alcohol? Just because there have been drunks in the White House before doesn't mean they've banned it from the premises.
Of course a president is able to get alcohol. That's not in question.

The point is - could Trump get alcohol without a slip of a whisper of a rumor making it's way to the outside world?

I say - not a chance. Inside people would be subtly letting others know this.

ETA: But a prescription drug like Adderall or Xanax? That would be kept under the tightest security, and anyone would know that if they blew the whistle on a president's health they would be in a world of trouble.

Last edited by Euphonious Polemic; 05-17-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Of course a president is able to get alcohol. That's not in question.

The point is - could Trump get alcohol without a slip of a whisper of a rumor making it's way to the outside world?

I say - not a chance. Inside people would be subtly letting others know this.

ETA: But a prescription drug like Adderall or Xanax? That would be kept under the tightest security, and anyone would know that if they blew the whistle on a president's health they would be in a world of trouble.
Um yeah. HIPPA. A world of shit would come down on you if you violated that.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:28 PM

Many congresscritters, etc. get their prescriptions filled here. Oh, the stories some of the staff could probably tell, if they were allowed to do so!

http://www.grubbspharmacy.com/

Here's a story about it.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...-perk-powerful