Old 05-18-2020, 05:00 AM
Charter Member

Opening Up The MMP

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis <snerk> 69! <snerk> Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 79 with rain/tstorms/apocalypse predicted for the day. Today we shall sanitize da cave and who knows beyond that. Well, if'n it is stormy/rainy all day, nuttin' will involve leavin' da cave at least on my part. Tonight we shall sup upon steak, baked N.O.T., sallit, and cheesey garlic bread. Tonight would be men's night over to the church house if such things were happenin' at the moment. Thus we shall pretend we are tonight. I think we shall start easin' back in to some church stuff durin' June but no solid plan in place as of yet.

Still think it's too soon for most stuff to be openin' up again. Then again, what do I know. I just hope we don't get an even nastier round of this virus. I know a lot of states seem to be beginnin' to open stuff up. Just be safe everybody. OK, enough for a "topic." Y'all take it from here.

And now this...

<AHEM> CLEARIN' THROAT <AHEM>

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR SSSAAARRRIII!!!!!!

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Moanday Y'all!
Old 05-18-2020, 05:37 AM
Charter Member

Happy Birthday
Old 05-18-2020, 05:56 AM

Happy Sari day!

I have to agree- stuff here's starting to open up, with terrible communication, mixed messages and against opposition from the people being told to open up, despite still having well over 100 deaths per day. We're officially being told to 'stay alert' to save lives... It's a sodding virus, we can't see it, stay alert for what?

Anyway... I shouldn't get into the politics in the MMP.

In other news it's sunny again, and the washing is on. I need to go and do shopping later, and I think I'll just drop by on the bees to make sure the new box is OK. Not to go in the hive, just to make sure they're OK flying in and out, as I left 'em with a restricted entrance for the first day to stop Her Majesty deciding to leave (worker bees should be able to get out, queeny and the drones can't, but if there's a lot of drones hanging around the entrance they might stop the workers getting out).
Old 05-18-2020, 06:52 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I got some sleep last night, so huzzah! And FCD is starting to feel a little better. He showered this morning, and I know that helped. He'll be calling the doc for a follow-up appointment and to get more pain meds, and he'll call the PT folks.

The pain med thing is striking - in the hospital, they were giving him 20mg every 4 hours, but the doc sent him home with 10mg every 6 hours. After 4 anna half hours, he really starts to feel it. I hope he'll up the dosage, at least for a couple of days.

Today's plans include laundry, and I think my bathroom needs a good scrubbing - my second most hated chore... It's overcast and dreary, tho no precip is forecast now till Weds or so. I may try to ride the mower around. Maybe. Even tho I slept pretty well, I'm still tired. Duh!

Happy Sari Day!!

And Happy Moanday!
Old 05-18-2020, 08:44 AM

HappyMoonday!

Thank y'all for the bd wishes, and Swampy, your singing is beautiful!

Three hours at the park again this morning. I wore a sweat shirt today and still got a bit chilly.
The park irkers came and turned the water on, finally.

Now I have to hop into the shower and get ready to head down to the armpit, where we will be having Chinese food and a cake.

I am doing something I haven't done in years, taking a day off irk.
I thought about scheduling myself for a few hours tonight, and then I thought no, I don't want to have to rush home.

All y'all be good while I am gone.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

My boss (mostly) cleaned out her office on Saturday. In her email, she called it 'your office'. Shit's gettin' real! (Man, I wish I could just win the lottery.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SARI!
Old 05-18-2020, 08:58 AM

Afternoon, mumpers!

Happy Sari Day!

Nuts, also without wishing to politicise the MMP, I am at a loss to understand current government strategy. It's safe for children to go to school where they mix with other kids and adults, but once they leave the school grounds all social distancing is back on again? How does that work? And the whole public transport thing....I had to laugh when the mayor of Lunnon said they were bringing back the congestion charge to discourage people from coming to the city en masse by car, and in the same breath telling us all to stay off public transport. I'm staying at home, I'm still alert though, if I stop being alert, I'll probably trip over a cat.

It's a bit of a grey dreary afternoon although it's warm. Daft weather can't make a decision on whether to be hot or start raining. I remain unconcerned, I am not going anywhere. However, would be nice if Mother Nature would be kind enough to wash the car for me.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:44 AM

Happy Sari Day!!

And yes, you deserve a day off. Enjoy.

Boofae, please do stay alert. England needs all the lerts they can muster...

FCM, at least it's enough medication that FCD and you are getting some sleep. How is Roxy doing with the limits?

71F heading for 76F, but the afternoon is supposed to be filled with Tunder-Boomers, so I need to get out (pickup new mattress pad and lunch) this morning. Running the hoover over the floor is indicated, so that will be my major constructive act this day.

All y'all take care this week.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:01 AM

I’ve been lurking on and off for about 8 weeks and just now screwing up the courage to say Hi.

Stayed up late reading a Trail Journal about hiking the Long Trail in Vermont so I slept in quite late which is pretty unusual for me. Might also have been the effect of the rainstorms through the night. I always sleep better when it’s raining.

No etched in stone plans today. Will just watch the dvr’d mass and laze around. Would like to go to the store, buy some pansies and/or marigolds and/or petunias and go out to the cemetery and plant them for my parents, grandparents, godmother and uncle and my great uncle. But I’ve been saying I’m going to do that since last Friday and 4 days later and I’ve yet to leave the house. This pandemic is messing with my motivation. Heck.

All y’all have a Great Day, especially Sari to whom I wish a most H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !
Old 05-18-2020, 10:24 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Welcome, CatGlove! Glad you took the plunge, but if you've been lurking that long, you know we're a kindly group, if somewhat, um, eccentric.

I want to get some annuals - I love petunias - but I hate going to Lowe's. I did have a few volunteer petunias that I transplanted, leaving the front porch planters without flowers. I should stop at the Amish greenhouse and see what they have.

Just got a call from FCD... from the bedroom... I need to give him a bell when he needs to summon me.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
The pain med thing is striking - in the hospital, they were giving him 20mg every 4 hours, but the doc sent him home with 10mg every 6 hours. After 4 anna half hours, he really starts to feel it. I hope he'll up the dosage, at least for a couple of days.
Probably something like, "I don't advocate drug abuse, but if you can do it under adult supervision..."
Old 05-18-2020, 11:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Welcome, CatGlove! Glad you took the plunge, but if you've been lurking that long, you know we're a kindly group, if somewhat, um, eccentric.
The main thing to remember is don't loan money.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:37 AM

Isn't there something about goats and cheese for newbies????? Welcome, catglove!

I have no idea what is opening up around me, seeing as I only go to irk (sporadically if I feel like it), the barn, and the sto. I just hope my favorite restaurant opens for my birfday, end of this month. The restaurant is doing take away, but I want to sit in a real restaurant and eat my Beef Wellington as opposed to a pik-a-nik on the grass. Plus I can get one of those fancy vodka cocktails in the restaurant. You know, the ones they call martinis.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:38 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The physical therapist will be here in an hour or so. We'll have to consign Higgs to the basement or the bedroom or she'll lose her little puppy mind...

We don't have any goat cheese right now, but I think I saw some Velveeta in the back of the fridge.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:47 AM

Welcome, catglove; don't be shy about posting stuff that is common or ordinary; this is the place for it. (Oh, and swampy's gay, but we don't talk about it... )

Picked up a new king-sized mattress pad at a king-sized price (about $139), but that should be all I need for the house for the forseeable future (maybe Thursday). Also picked up sammiches at Jersey Mikes, the crew and I were wearing masks but none of the other customers were; I think they figure with things slowly opening up that the crisis is over and they don't have to do the mask thing anymore in public. I hope they're right, but I'll keep wearing mine for a bit.

Take care all.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
The main thing to remember is don't loan money.
A year or so ago, I sent money to an old friend who was in dire financial straits. I sent $40 so she could feed their kitties. I'd completely forgotten about it. Last night I received a notification from PayPal saying that she'd sent money.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:36 PM

What?!?! Swampy's gay?!?!?

INGO

Happy Birthday Sari!!!

Met up with my barber friend yesterday and got shorn. Barbers are not 'sposed to be open here yet , but we've known each other for 30 years. So now I'm more or less presentable again.

It's 54F and raining here right now. Sposed to rain 'til friday. It's tiring.

Welcome catglove Stay away from the squid.

Later.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:06 PM

Happy Sari day, and welcome catglove!

I'd post about weather and stuff, too, but...

Y'all, there's a snake in my kitchen. Not very big, just a corn snake or something. We got our semi-annual invasion of meeces when the neighbors started planting, so I guess Mr. No-shoulders followed them in.

Let me just say that I no longer need that cup of coffee to stave off the afternoon nap...
Old 05-18-2020, 01:56 PM

SARI, Happy Cake Day!

I've been sulking and worrying and muttering about the state of everything. My hoarding genes are awakening, and I know I am on the verge of buying crap and squirreling it away. I poked around on the Sam's Club website, and it looked like ALL FRESH MEAT was out of stock. Then I went to the home page and clicked around and located beef.

I wish I hadn't done that. Chuck roast, $7.27 a pound, an example showing $65 cost.

[sacrilegious rant]Holy Jesus Christ![[/sacrilegious rant]

Hence my hoarding gene.

FCM so glad yer man is home and healing! If he's got hurting problems now, PT will send him through the roof. Talk to the doctor's office about increasing pain meds, or maybe adding an anti-inflammatory? And then talk to the PT about heat packs/ice packs. Which one first? How long to apply? The BIG thing is to give him a pain pill immediately after PT leaves.

Then you and Roxy go for a walk.

I think I'm going to create my hoarder spreadsheet now. I am really unsettled!

~VOW
Old 05-18-2020, 03:07 PM

Sari, Happy Day!

I had to be different. Seriously, I hope you have the kind of birthday that makes you feel beloved and special because, of course, you are!

My county probably won't move on to Phase 2 for awhile yet, and when it does, I'll continue to operate in Phase 1 because the docs have warned me. I do feel a little like I'm in solitary confinement for a crime I didn't commit, but that's only when I read about people throwing caution to the winds, thereby extending my sentence.

I struggle with issues over not being able to drive or work but usually bob up smiling. Lately I'm finding that harder to do and am also struggling with the notion that so many people brush off people like me (and some of you), with the "Sure, people will die, but.." when they push for society going wide open. It's hard not to feel like I'm seen as having no value, even though it's nothing personal.

However, onward and upward!

Welcome, Cat Glove! Pansies are my favorite flowers. I hope you save one or two for yourself.

FCM, I hope the doc will increase the dosage. Docs have told me to take pain meds 20 minutes or so before the next dose is due, as it takes awhile to take effect. It's easier to stay on top of the pain than to try to stop it once it starts. I apologize if this is stuff you already know, since you and FCD have been down this road so many times.

Flyboy, when do you officially move into your new office?
Old 05-18-2020, 03:22 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The physical therapist was here almost 2 hours, mostly just getting information and sharing information. She did give FCD 3 very simple stretch/flex exercises to do, and she said they can be helpful if he wakes in the middle of the night and has trouble falling back to sleep. She'll be back later this week, and maybe a couple more times, but she said he seems to be getting around really well and his progress is good for being less than a week from surgery.

I've got supper started - chicken florentine casserole and rice. I's stahvink!! FCD probably won't eat - in fact, once Suzanne left, he went back to bed for a nap. We're waiting for a call back from his Dr.

The rain has continued gently, and my garden seems happy. Overall, a pretty chill day.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:25 PM

happy bday sari ..hope the drives good

cleaned a bathroom yesterday... have no plans on being overly useful today .. tired of packing crap for the god knows when move .....

aunts grouchy since she finally started to be social and then this happened and no one comes around except relatives and since daughter in law broke her ankle grandkid doesn't come over every day so shes grouchy about that.... then she goes and has me order some pants and things from dodgy companies that advertise aka spam on Facebook and then gets mad when they don't show up and blames me .......

and then on top of all this day to day bs she finds out that pita cousin raided her room and took a bunch of pictures and stuff that wasn't hers .....

And then i gotta do something "useful"......

such is my life
Old 05-18-2020, 03:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
What?!?! Swampy's gay?!?!?
People always seem surprised that Swampy is gray, but hell, he is an old guy.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

504ed earlier. It's dull and cloudy, and I'm out of chores. Perhaps I'll dust the cat.
Went to Aldi, no chicken, and they covered over 2/3 of the poultry case.

Quote:
Just got a call from FCD... from the bedroom... I need to give him a bell when he needs to summon me.
Luddite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedin View Post
Isn't there something about goats and cheese for newbies????? Welcome, catglove!
You mean Lenny the Squidgoat?

Welcome CatGlove! Just remember, Lenny cues in on movement. And fear.

Peaches, at least Mr. No-shoulders doesn't charge for meces removal. (and better than my crew, they can't hunt anything below medium rare,)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sari!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2020, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
Flyboy, when do you officially move into your new office?
Hell, I don't even know when we'll all be going back to the office! TBH, I hadn't thought about getting her office. I work from home three days a week (every day for the last couple of months), so I don't really care. I suppose I'll have to move out of my cubicle. (Or I could just be a weirdo.)
Old 05-18-2020, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Welcome Catglove!
Old 05-18-2020, 04:33 PM

We are having our driveway ripped out tomorrow and replaced the day after. I'm SOOOOOO excited to have our driveway almost out of the way. We're slowly, slowly, slowly ticking through home improvement projects that we've been sitting on for years. Years meaning over a decade.

Anyway, I dropped a note in each of my immediate neighbors' mailboxes to let them know what was going on and for about how long in the event they noticed a large dumptruck parked in front of our house and/or in the event the banging was annoying (it will be). Hopefully we won't be the neighborhood assholes, but I guess if we are, we'll be the assholes with the new driveway. So that'll be nice. It might actually be nicer if we're the neighborhood pariahs because then we won't have to talk to anyone and I can get behind that.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
504ed earlier. It's dull and cloudy, and I'm out of chores. Perhaps I'll dust the cat.
Went to Aldi, no chicken, and they covered over 2/3 of the poultry case.

Luddite.

You mean Lenny the Squidgoat?

Welcome CatGlove! Just remember, Lenny cues in on movement. And fear.

Peaches, at least Mr. No-shoulders doesn't charge for meces removal. (and better than my crew, they can't hunt anything below medium rare,)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sari!!!!!!!
Kitten, this is the guy I had in mind when I advised you not to loan money here.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Five people dies in separate traffic accidents here in Arkansas.

After the report of a 77 year old woman being killed in her van, there was an advertisement in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, "SUVs that will take your breath away".
Old 05-18-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:

I want to get some annuals - I love petunias - but I hate going to Lowe's. I did have a few volunteer petunias that I transplanted, leaving the front porch planters without flowers. I should stop at the Amish greenhouse and see what they have.

Uhhhh...doesn't the phone have a bell option as a ring tone?

Happy birthday sari!

Welcome aboard catglove!

'Twas a rainy afternoon in middle Tennessee. My Monday was so Mondayish that it was comical. Before I even got to my desk, the project manager for the remodel of our area gave me a heads up that I would be moving desks around eight, so call IT. They had to move me twice, as the IT guy set me up on a previously empty one, but I needed a desk with actual drawers, so both groups had to be called back. Thank goodness for noise canceling headphones (they didn't cancel all of the noise, but it was bearable), as drills and other equipment was running six feet behind me all day. The benefit though, is now, I'm at the very opposite end of the department as the old bat, so she has to get out of her seat and walk 40 feet to pester me.

I did get my stimulus check in the mail today. That was a good thing. I'll swing through the CU on the way home from irk tomorrow to deposit it. Supper is the West African vegetable stew that I made yesterday (it's even better the second day). It was a trial run for a vegan dish to take to the heathen potlucks, whenever we get back to those. It was good enough to go into the regular rotation at home too. Given that chickpeas and peanut butter are the protein elements in it, it's also a good dish with the meat thing going on.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:21 PM

The rain predicted for today must have gone north (up to Red's neck of the woods), we barely got a drizzle. Got three bills in the mail which have been checked and are ready for mailing...tomorrow. Outside of that a pretty quite afternoon.

talkative, You've done the required thing, made formal notification that stuff would be going on...I did the same when I replaced the backyard fence. And I imagine they have been noisy at times over the years, so they can manage this (and I'll have to think about a new driveway one of these years...)

shady, sounds like life is pretty normal in your place... <grin>

nellie, I won't tell you life is tough for most of us, because it's not true compared to your situation. Hang in there, remember your friends (here and elsewhere) and keep on keepin' on.

Peaches, yikes!! I like snakes, but not in my kitchen. Any plan for getting it to slither out the back (OTOH, it may help with the meeces problem...)

FCM, we'll see how FCD does tonight, without all the adrenaline from coming home and getting situated. Hopefully the exercises will help.

Everybody have a good night, I'm off to La Plata to watch the Southwest Chief Arrive (train on Virtual Railfan).
Old 05-18-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
I did get my stimulus check in the mail today. That was a good thing. I'll swing through the CU on the way home from irk tomorrow to deposit it. Supper is the West African vegetable stew that I made yesterday (it's even better the second day). It was a trial run for a vegan dish to take to the heathen potlucks, whenever we get back to those. It was good enough to go into the regular rotation at home too. Given that chickpeas and peanut butter are the protein elements in it, it's also a good dish with the meat thing going on.
Recipe or it didn't happen.

We got our stimulus check today too. Wifey deposited it electronically. It's actually pretty slick that way.

I took Vinnie to the vet this afternoon to get his shots. They have a system set up where you call them when you get parked and they send someone out to your car to get you pet and take them in, then when they're done they call you to get your credit card info for the payment and then send someone back out with your pet. It works, but tends to cause a packed parking lot.

Went to Freddy's (Kroger) today too and got ~12lbs of pork ribs for $1.49/lb, 2 lbs of Johnsonville sweet Italian sausage, 2 lbs of Johnsonville Brats, and 2 lbs of Kielbasa, all for #3.50/lb. . I am now a happy, and hungry, carnivore.

Chicken on the barbie for dinner tonight though.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
Recipe or it didn't happen.

We got our stimulus check today too. Wifey deposited it electronically. It's actually pretty slick that way.

I took Vinnie to the vet this afternoon to get his shots. They have a system set up where you call them when you get parked and they send someone out to your car to get you pet and take them in, then when they're done they call you to get your credit card info for the payment and then send someone back out with your pet. It works, but tends to cause a packed parking lot.

Went to Freddy's (Kroger) today too and got ~12lbs of pork ribs for $1.49/lb, 2 lbs of Johnsonville sweet Italian sausage, 2 lbs of Johnsonville Brats, and 2 lbs of Kielbasa, all for #3.50/lb. . I am now a happy, and hungry, carnivore.

Chicken on the barbie for dinner tonight though.
Here ya go:

West African Vegetable Stew

1 medium onion, quartered 2 large red skinned potatoes (I'm going to replace these with sweet potatoes next time) 2 zucchini 2 bell peppers 1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. black pepper 1/4 tsp. cayenne 2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small jalapeño 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (I used cremini)
1 15 oz. chickpeas 1/2 c. smooth peanut butter 1 Tbsp. harissa
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes 1 tsp. grated ginger root 1 15 oz. can coconut milk
4 cloves garlic

Start the onion, potatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, salt, black pepper, garlic and cayenne in a stew pan in the olive oil. After 4-5 minutes, add the jalapeño and mushrooms and cook for ~3 more minutes.

Stir in the chickpeas, peanut butter, harissa, chopped tomatoes, ginger and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes.

On another note, I called for Nelson's annual checkup today too. They're doing about the same setup. He won't be a happy camper.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:39 PM

Our stimulus was in the mail, but we couldn't do mobile deposit, so I had to head for an ATM. I did try a couple of convenience-store ATMs on my network (credit unions have great ATM networks IME), but neither could accept deposits. Did use an outdoor ATM at a CU branch (with some qualms about personal safety, being on my own in the evening and not at my most alert), then stopped at another convenience store for snackage.

Very strange how walking into even places my mother would dub "Stop & Rob", wearing a mask is considered a normal and polite thing to do. Even three months ago, that would have created major freakout and probably a cashier diving for the phone to call 911.

As soon as said stimulus check clears, a large percentage is going to pay off a couple of credit lines, plus some household stuff. I really want some shelves for under sinks to help keep things semi-manageable under there, and feel some squirrel urges regarding Princess supplies. I can probably stock her up for the next six months for less than $75, and I think I'll feel better making sure she's well provided for. The humans have good supply reserves, but we'll be out of her canned food about the start of July, and I don't know that her current supply of dry food will hold much past that. Litter's never a bad thing to have more of, either.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:52 PM
Charter Member

happy birthday sari!!!
Old 05-18-2020, 11:37 PM
Charter Member

Had to actually go into the big bad city to day to see my doc. Been having increasingly horrible shoulder pain, so he needed to touch me to determine what's wrong. (It's frozen!) Everything else we discussed could have been an email. I can email an EKG to the heart doc, but it's kinda hard to email a shoulder. Now to get ahold of the shoulder-thawing doc. At least my heart continues to do well after being repaired, and my cholesterol numbers are about as good as can be hoped for at my age without any statins. The thyroid continues to be a freeloader and not doing anything.

More importantly, I got yeast today!
Old 05-18-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpasswords View Post
Had to actually go into the big bad city to day to see my doc. Been having increasingly horrible shoulder pain, so he needed to touch me to determine what's wrong. (It's frozen!) Everything else we discussed could have been an email. I can email an EKG to the heart doc, but it's kinda hard to email a shoulder. Now to get ahold of the shoulder-thawing doc. At least my heart continues to do well after being repaired, and my cholesterol numbers are about as good as can be hoped for at my age without any statins. The thyroid continues to be a freeloader and not doing anything.

More importantly, I got yeast today!

Mr VOW had a frozen shoulder. The doctor sent him to Physical Therapy, and IT WORKED!

~VOW
Old 05-19-2020, 01:28 AM

missred, that stew sounds fantastic. I will definitely cook for my vegetarian daughter the next time we can get together. (Hubby would probably like it with a ham bone. I might experiment with that, too.)

metal mouse, I guess I'll just sweep Mr Snek out the door when I see him again, but maybe after he feasts on the indoor rodents. (No offense.) I'd really rather have a snake than a mouse, but I'd really rather not have a snake - even a smallish one - suddenly fall from the top of the cabinet onto the microwave door when I'm just trying to nuke some water for coffee. I strenuously don't recommend that method of snake discovery, and it would probably be even more stressful if you're a rodent. (And this is literally the first snake I've ever seen at the house we moved into 6+ years ago.)

Meanwhile, we've had thunderstorms all day. I haven't paid much attention to the radar, but I think it's feeder bands from TS Arthur.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:27 AM

Pet snek! Have you named him yet?

Up, showered, taken the rubbish and recycling out, currently sitting in waiting for my exam to get emailed, it's due any minute now... Not excessively worried about it, but it'll be nice to get it done.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:57 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

gotti - I had a frozen shoulder some years back, and like Mr. VOW, PT did the trick. Lots of stretches, ending with a TENS session. So when my other shoulder started acting up, I repeated the stretches and saved myself a visit to the doc. May your recovery be as easy!

I had a pretty good night till about 4, when FCD's stirrings woke me - he was in pain, but since his meds were due at 4:30, I wasn't overly concerned. I got him settled, then he decided he wanted to sit in the recliner, so I'm up. Critters have been tended to and I've breakfasted. Thus beginneth my day...

FCD is watching Dragnet - OMG, what wooden dialog!!

No clue what today holds, other than dreary weather. I shouldn't have eaten - I need to have fasting bloodwork done. So tomorrow - gotta remember.

Happy Tuesday!!
Old 05-19-2020, 06:09 AM
Charter Member

missreadthat does sound delicious!
Old 05-19-2020, 06:22 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 68 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 85 and somewhat N.O.S. for the day. Today is laundry day. We shall also go lay in some provisions as tonight and tomorrow are supposed to be stormy. I much prefer to be inside and dry when it's stormy or rainy. Who knows, we may even get coifs. Or not. We shall order fajitas and margaritas from the good Mexican place for sup. OLÉ!

cat glove welcome. I woulda said welcome yestiddy but Mr. 504 would not let me. The rumor you hear about me bein' gay*, could be true. OYKW insists that I am, and, well, since he lives with me, he could be right.

Peaches yikes! I saw a buncha red all around the 'Boro on the weather map yestiddy and thought about you.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!

*INGO

Last edited by swampbear; 05-19-2020 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:35 AM

Morning all. Need to do the hoovering (I decided I liked the English term better than vacuuming) and need to do 1-2 laundry loads, but except for mailing the bills, nothing much on the agenda for today.

Peaches, maybe the snake knew about the storm...

gotti, hope the shoulder gets better.

Looks like yesterday was stimulus check day. Have fun spending.

OK, best be about life. Take care all.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

I got my stimulus check yesterday. I also received a letter from the Employment Development Department ('unemployment office') with information about my claim. Only, I didn't make any claims. I went to their website and filled out their fraud reporting form.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:36 AM

Afternoon, mumpers! It's been a busy one here, I was at a 2hr webinar this morning about how to deliver effective support to my team via our one-to-one meetings, and then after lunch I had a riotous meeting with one of my minions (the entertainment was her daughter who had to come and show us her unicorn paintings). Been more of a fun day than usual. Then our undergrad studies lead emailed to ask for something to be circulated to all UG students...oh, but not the ones who are taking *this*, and not the ones who are doing *that*, and you'd better leave off the ones doing *the other* for now. So a straightforward copy and paste ends up being a trawl through 600 students looking for ones taking individual specific assessments. Bah.

On the plus side, I should get the marks back for my project by tomorrow so I will be anxiously awaiting that 'cos it will tell me whether or not I've passed my Institute of Leadership and Management course. Naturally I am quite sure I've passed, 'cos I is a cleverclogs.

Welcome, catglove, you know we're the only sane ones here, don't you?

gotti - hope you can get your shoulder sorted out soon.

Last edited by scareyfaerie; 05-19-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

I think the local cadre of landscapers have removed the mufflers on their mowers in the misguided thought that it would make them go faster. When I can't hear myself think, inside a house with closed and locked windows, there is something wrong.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vorlon View Post
I think the local cadre of landscapers have removed the mufflers on their mowers in the misguided thought that it would make them go faster. When I can't hear myself think, inside a house with closed and locked windows, there is something wrong.
That sounds like the crew that was working at the end of my street yesterday. I'm not sure what the heck they were doing with leaf blowers for two solid hours -- they were so loud that I decided they must have been trying to blow the grass out of the ground rather than cutting it.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vorlon View Post
I didn't know we were neighbors! I sometimes think those guys get paid by the decibel.

I'm pleased to report that our new battery powered lawnmower works a treat. It's pretty quiet and mows 'em down just fine. We'll see how long the battery lasts. That has been their weak point in the past- craptastic batteries.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:53 AM

I've never posted in the MMP but I had such a great Monday, I decided to share. I was so productive! I cleaned the kitchen, went for two walks with the dog, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the budgie cages, vacuumed the house, cleaned the aquarium filter and, because I didn't cheat on my diet yesterday, I was down 2 lbs for the week this morning.

I'm off today as well and, because I did all my chores yesterday, I get to have a nice, relaxing day today!

Hope everybody's week is going well!
Old 05-19-2020, 12:32 PM

Sorry. I haz the dumb. I even googled INGO and found a money app, and several crap financial articles that can't spell "ingot" correctly.

If someone could 'splain, plzandthx, and I promise I don't give a shit who's what since I never remember for more'n'aminnite anyway. Unless I have direct immediate interest in your undercarriage (or you do in mine, in which case let's chat in the H.R. office, or possibly at your place) I just wearily give no shits.

But really, I'm just here to procrastinate oh so heavily. I figured out yesterday that - sorry, but imma leave out details - there is a Very Awful Shitty Thing To Do that must be done, and the sooner the better, and I'll have to be the one to do The Shitty Thing my own damn self. I decided to do The Thing yesterday to get it the holy fuck over with, so I could enjoy today, and then promptly got blotto because, well, yeah. Go me. So now my hungover ass gets to do Shitty Thing as soon as I'm done beating myself up about it. I am not done yet, though.

If I talked to myself out loud, I'd tell me that I'm not really a shitty person, and being this upset is proof of that, and that I'm strong and brave and shit. That's sure as hell what I'd tell anyone else contemplating what I haz to do.

But I don't, I get stuck inside my own head, and while I would never say or even think this badly of someone else I apparently have no problem being a gaping asshole to myself.

On the plus side, drunk procrastinating me is one functional mofo. All my dishes are washed, the laundry is clean and some of it's even folded already. I seemed to have gone in search of something, anything, that needed to be done that wasn't The Thing.

Gods all help me, I have to euth one of my pets. One with a name, that I've had for half a dozen years. There. I said it, so now I really have to go do it.

I am so sorry, Pretzel.

This is a python, a snake almost as long as I am tall, and as big around as my upper arm. Most folks would gasp in horror at her simple existence. Puppies are a bigger threat to you. I don't let her wrap my neck* but besides

*not worried about my windpipe, or her constricting me, I am far too big to be prey, but I don't want her pushing my carotid artery. My big fear is hitting my head while alone.