Old 05-19-2020, 12:36 PM

Dropped my phone onto my nose, and of course it actually posted instead of timing me out.

Anyway, I'm almost out of phone battery, and cheap booze, and patience with myself. Thus I cannot procrastinate.

Oh look, Nikki's litter box needs scooping out.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:58 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Purp - INGO = It Never Gets Old. Because swampy's gayness is a source of silliness in the MMP, because, well, because... Having met him IRL, I know he's gay because he told me I'm a cheap date. That's more honest than any straight man I ever met!

I did a load of laundry, and it's all put away.

And now I'm shopping cheap smart phones and plans. My cheapie flip phone seems to be closing in on the end of its life and I'm tired of all the abuse I get for not having a rectangular hunk of phone in my pocket. I don't need a data plan. I don't need a lot of minutes or texts - I've had a pay-as-you-go plan for years. I'm not sure if a cheap smart phone will even work on my pay-as-you-go and I'm not sure how to find out. So I'm googling.

Such is my exciting life.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:14 PM

FCM, I'd be willing to call you a cheap date and I'm happily heterosexual (of course, even cafeteria food in Washington D.C. ain't cheap, so I guess I'm out of luck...)

purp/shoe, I am not at all sure what you are talking about, but I am with you in the Awful Shitty Thing that you may or may not do. Whatever it is.

FloatyGimpy, welcome and your first post is classic MMP; mundane and pointless but cheery. Keep on coming back.

boofae, is the info on Excel? You can usually sort that pretty quickly but with your luck it's on some other database. Hang in there.

Alien, OW, Bumba, it been pretty quite around here, most of the neighbors take care of their lawns without services and wait for the weekend to mow, so the weekdays are quite (I'm planning to mow Thorsday so my neighbors will have something to complain about....)

Hoovered, changed the inside air filter for the HVAC, and started a load of laundry, and am now getting ready to go out and mail the bills. That should be enough for today.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:47 PM

{{Shoe}} losing pets sucks, even when they aren't conventionally cute fluffy ones.

Exam went OK, I think. I did write a lot, but I don't think I get marked down for that. I did kinda wind up going over the recommended time, so shhhhh... Got one more tomorrow morning.

Went to the chip shop tonight; they've got very creative in doing contact-free chips. The chippy concerned owns two vans, normally used for events or to set up outside the college and things, but with the current situation, they've basically found an unused car park and turned them into a drive-through. You stay in the car, they've put a contactless card reader on a table in front of the van so you can pay, and they hand you the order in a bag from the van using one of those litter picker things
Good chips too.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:40 PM

I couldn't do it. I'm going 'round and around; now I've convinced myself that she's not that bad off. I'm currently on hold with a nearby vet that sees exotics. Like I can afford it.

I'm killing myself with my own indecisiveness.

<tantrum> I just want someone to tell me what to do.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post

FloatyGimpy, welcome and your first post is classic MMP; mundane and pointless but cheery. Keep on coming back.
Thank you! It's always scary to venture into a well-established posting tradition.

I am on a roll today, baby! I walked the dog, did two loads of laundry and washed the car, inside and out! Now I'm having a well-earned Fresca and apple break.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:46 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Dang, Gimp, you're making the rest of us seem like slackers! I loaded the dishwasher and did one load of laundry. And made my husband a salad for lunch. And now I'm thinking about what to make for supper...

Yeah, what to do for supper...
Old 05-19-2020, 02:54 PM

Happy Birthday Sari!

I'm way behind on everyone's news, so hugs, commiserations, and best wishes to all.

My apologies for my absence. The Board has been very, very bad lately. I'll try to open a thread and it'll freeze, if I can even get the Board to load at all.

On my end, my son's school district has settled with us. He will continue to attend his school for HFA, and the district will reimburse us for the last year and a half that we've been paying for. This is a relief. A huge relief.

My first appointment with the MS team is scheduled for tomorrow. It will be a teleconference, which is good. The Bay Area is still locked down, and I'm not excited to go into a medical facility just at the moment.

Take care everyone.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
I couldn't do it. I'm going 'round and around; now I've convinced myself that she's not that bad off. I'm currently on hold with a nearby vet that sees exotics. Like I can afford it.

I'm killing myself with my own indecisiveness.

<tantrum> I just want someone to tell me what to do.
What's going on with Pretzel?

Another thought, look for snake rescue orgs in your area. They may be able to help, or point you towards a good resource, or take her and rehab her.

I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is very difficult.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

It is rainy, and Gordie has not left the porch since the A.M. Alex Catt has been clingy and clumsy all day, so I may need a transfusion before

long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
Gods all help me, I have to euth one of my pets. One with a name, that I've had for half a dozen years. There. I said it, so now I really have to go do it.

I am so sorry, Pretzel.

This is a python, a snake almost as long as I am tall, and as big around as my upper arm. Most folks would gasp in horror at her simple existence. Puppies are a bigger threat to you. I don't let her wrap my neck* but besides

*not worried about my windpipe, or her constricting me, I am far too big to be prey, but I don't want her pushing my carotid artery. My big fear is hitting my head while alone.
{{{{{Shoe}}}}

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatyGimpy View Post
I've never posted in the MMP but I had such a great Monday, I decided to share. I was so productive! I cleaned the kitchen, went for two walks with the dog, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the budgie cages, vacuumed the house, cleaned the aquarium filter and, because I didn't cheat on my diet yesterday, I was down 2 lbs for the week this morning.

I'm off today as well and, because I did all my chores yesterday, I get to have a nice, relaxing day today!

Hope everybody's week is going well!
Welcome Floaty!
Old 05-19-2020, 04:24 PM

Hello, virtual chums. I sunk into the sloughs of despond and got nothing done last night or so far today. However, I was moved by MetalMouse's very kind comment to me yesterday, and though I'm still weepy around the edges, I think I'm gaining altitude. I very seldom let myself think too much about my current situation and strictly limit my delving into the crud I've been through (but no limits on the good stuff) lest I start feeling sorry for myself, but this was more recognition than self-pity. Denial is my best friend, and it slipped away for a bit.

I'm going to pull myself together and walk to the grocery store, then go walk around "my" hill for awhile. Later my old college roommate is going to call. We haven't talked in over 25 years, so I was surprised to hear from her and that she wanted to talk.

shoe, don't feel bad you couldn't put down your own pet. I can't even watch Old Yeller. It's hard enough to lose a pet. Having to do the deed yourself sounds just awful.

swampy, did you and OYKW decide to get haircuts? Our salons aren't open yet, but when they are, I'm not sure if I'll risk going, being all high risky and all. Or am I risqué? That sounds much better.

Welcome floatygimpy!

bumba, Wednesdays are leaf blower day here at my complex. Somehow it takes several hours. It's very annoying. I wish someone would invent a leaf blower motor that issued classic rock or something instead of that teeth-gritting buzz.

nut, I learned a new word for chip shop. Over here, chippy means something else, but then again, we don't have chip shops.

FCM, good luck finding a phone that fits the bill--literally.

gotti, hope your shoulder gets sorted out. And now I have Gordon Lightfoot going through my head. (Ouch.)

And what does INGO stand for?
Old 05-19-2020, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

Facebook shared a memory from 8 years ago. It was a picture of Harvey.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:03 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

nellie - It Never Gets Old.

Supper has been ingested and the dishes are done. FCD is trying to snooze. I'm about to watch some AcornTV. Onward!
Old 05-19-2020, 06:34 PM

peaches, I'm thinking that some chicken might be good in the stew too. The combo of peanut butter, coconut milk and tomatoes would totally support that.

Ouch gotti! I hope that you can get fixed back up soon.

{{{shoe and pretzel}}} I couldn't imagine having to do what you're facing myself. I hope that you find someone without the emotional ties to help you.

Mooooooom, check out Tar-jay, Kroger or Wally World for prepaid smart phones. You may be surprised what you can get an inexpensive one for. I don't know who your carrier is, but I haven't had a contract with AT&T for more than a decade. I pay cash for my phones and that gets me out of signing one of those boogers. Even prepaid, you'll likely get some data and texting. Frankly, I use that more than voice time (calling the doctor, my dad or one sister tends to be it). I have two lines and wifi for ~$130 a month. I have unlimited data on the mobile and tablet and even though there's a limit on it on the wifi, I've never reached it and I'm online and streaming TV all the time.

Irked, deposited the stimulus check, came home, walked the dog, swept the floors and et. I need to package a gift to send down in flytrap's neck of the woods tomorrow and order Nelson's food, flea collar, some treats and a replacement hedgehog from Chewy (thanks for the reminder nettie).

Stay healthy y'all!
Old 05-19-2020, 07:15 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Today we accomplished laundry and got coifed. We went separately to get shorn as that seemed to make the most sense. Wasn't too bad. Had to wait outside and then get my temp checked. 98 Amurrkin on the dot! When haircut lady was ready for me she took me to wash my hands. I washed my own hands, she did not wash them for me. Then I got a haircut. Whole thing took right at thirty minutes, so not bad. OYKW was in and out in the same length of time. I went to the Pubic Sto' for some provisions whilst out. Then we ordered and et Mexican along with two of their wunnerful margaritas for sup. OLÈ!

Welcome Floaty I admire your productivity.

{{{Shoe}}} havin' to let a pet go of any kind is never easy. If that's what needs to be done, hope you find the right help.

No rain as of yet but TWPTB say it's comin' overnight. We shall see.

Now to surf teh intartoobz for a while.

Nitey Nite Y'all!
Old 05-19-2020, 07:28 PM

Happy Toosday!

Long nap day.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:37 PM

Well, Nelson should be set for food, treats, a flea collar, a replacement for Sonic Hedgehog,a new leash and harness for 5-6 months now. Whilst I was online spending money, I made a donation to my heathen group, as I'm not there to contribute each month for now (there are still expenses for the group) and smaller ones to my two most listened to NPR stations (metal mouse, you may be able to pick up WMOT out of Murfreesboro [89.5]. It's a great Americana station out of MTSU).

I also got the gift packaged and taped up before discovering that the card wasn't in it. I opened it back up, put in the card and retaped it to go in the mail tomorrow.

Now, I'm just chilling with a small dog in my lap.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:48 PM

Irked and picked up a project to do so lugged my puters home. Gonna dope upBuddyboy in the morning and try the Vet again.

Haven’t read but will. Doggiooo You getting flooded?

Later
Old 05-19-2020, 08:55 PM

{{{purplehorseshoe}}} I've done that final vet trip (or discovered they'd moved on before I could make such arrangements) too many times myself, but I'll keep having pets because I can't imagine not having them.

Dunno why Target is having worse supply problems in paper goods than Walmart or Winco. Are Target shoppers just more prone to being greedy hoarder locusts?

At a couple of points today, queues totalled less than 100 calls waiting. Peak was ca. 600. Much better than even last week. We might be starting to get on top of this, if it weren't for the unhelpful "help" we're getting from other call centers in this company who are giving their agents crash courses on my project to "help" us. Appreciate the thought, guys, but just shoveling the calls into random completely inappropriate queues for the caller's need and not bothering to do minor stuff like routine card replacements without screwing it up is not really all that helpful, IMO.

Got to spend an hour off the phone today, in a group phone call with people I was sitting less than 10' from (the company's notion of doing training and social distancing at the same time) learning about a new option I'm dubious about, called a "digital card". Not sure I grasp a point to this.

Got home, had a burst of "take out the garbage NOW", did it. Must run some laundry, too, since one section of the hamper's getting full. The Princess is fed and her box scooped.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:33 PM
Charter Member

I did hit Food Lion. No paper products, and 60% of the staff and 80% of the customers were maskless. I will be avoiding the plague house for the foreseeable future.

{{{{Flyboy}}}} Harvey sounded like a good cat.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I just learned that Deep Water Reunion learned about "Cindy's Crying" from John Denver.
Jesus Christ.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:47 PM

I had a wonderful time talking to old college roommate. She said I "saved" her from frat boys. I'm not against frats, though I guess I was at the time. She had many other kind things to say about me. I was such a mess back then--guy I dated killed himself--but apparently I didn't come off as the mess I was. Always interesting to see how we appear to others.

flyboy, your tribute was so great that I feel like I knew Harvey. I can see how you'd miss such an Extraordinary Cat. He was beautiful and had a beautiful spirit and he didn't live nearly long enough. I'm so sorry.

swampy, glad you got shorn, though I bet you and OYNW look good with longer hair.

cupcake, good luck with stoned buddy in the morning.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:46 AM

Morning, mumpers! It's lovely and sunny here, complete contrast from yesterday morning, and it's going to be hot today. Windows are open, but it means all the kids will be outside screeching at each other which also means next door's dog will be barking her head off all day. The cats will be most unimpressed.

nellie, over this side of the pond there's a chippy and a chippie The chippy is the fish and chip shop, sells chips, ours opens today but it's not on my current food plan so I'll live without. The local chippie is a carpenter, doesn't do chips unless you want wooden ones!

metalmouse, all the info I needed was in a filtered excel spreadsheet...sounds great but it meant copying a chunk of cells and converting to text, then putting it all in an email (three times, to make sure I'd got all the right people) and then going back to deal with all the addresses it wouldn't pick up from the directory. Lots of our students have quite common names (our final year has four girls called Elizabeth Scott, all taking different language combinations) so the global directory won't automatically pick them out because it doesn't know what one I want. Fiddly job, time consuming and annoying. And to top it off, the person who asked for the email to be sent caused so much confusion with her accompanying document that she wanted a second one sent to the same people again this morning....when it was Even More Urgent Than Before. Good job I kept the list...

shoe, sorry to hear about you and Pretzel. It is indeed a nasty thing to do, but perhaps there are local rescues etc that could help you? Otherwise, I'm afraid you just have to do it and know you did the right thing.

I should get my project results today....let's hope nobody expects me to actually implement the thing!
Old 05-20-2020, 05:07 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis <snerk> 69! <snerk> Amurrkin out and tstormy, with a predicted high of 81 and partly N.O.S. for the day. The rain will allegedly go away by noon. It was rainy and stormy through the night, thus, "It was a dark and stormy night!" No plans at all for the day, which is fine by me. OK, I will actually make sup, which I suppose is a plan. It shall be poke roast in the slow cooker with some type of side matter TBD. I could make slaw and fries, and do it up as bbq sammiches. HMMMMM.....

BooFae way back in the dark ages when I was workin' on my Master's degree, I had to design a customer satisfaction survey and test said survey in a mock situation. My biggest fear was that I would have to use the dang thing to do actual customer satisfaction. Fortunately I did not, but did get a big fat A, so there's that.

Nellie truth be told I looked more like Cousin ITT's ungroomed brother.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 05-20-2020, 08:05 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
swampy, glad you got shorn, though I bet you and OYNW look good with longer hair.
I bet they looked like a coupla damned hippies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scareyfaerie View Post
The chippy is the fish and chip shop, sells chips, ours opens today but it's not on my current food plan so I'll live without. The local chippie is a carpenter, doesn't do chips unless you want wooden ones!
Some eons back, I heard the term chippie used to describe a female personage of less-than-stellar sexual morals.

Good morning! I made a run to Food Lion to get FCD some Boost for meal replacements. He just tried one and said it tastes chemical. So I'm stuck with these overpriced bottles of stuff that I can't return. Dammit. I also got him juice, sherbet, and Greek yogurt, plus some pudding cups. He's going for a non-solid diet for a while.

Not sure what the day holds - it's another dreary one. Maybe I'll break out the carpet clean cleaner and use the upholstery attachments on the sofa where Cozmo watered... I swear, that dog hikes on everything!

On the plus side, I'm getting a bit more sleep.

Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-20-2020, 08:10 AM

Got Buddyboy dosed with half a tablet. The instructions say 1/2-1. May have to give the other half. I was able to try his muzzle on him and get it adjusted. It’s a hell of a way to go to the Vet

Still reading but Snake
Old 05-20-2020, 08:48 AM

I went ahead and gave him the other half. He loves peanut butter. I have him in a carrier and will muzzle when we get there. I think this will work.

Happy hump day.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:09 AM

Morning all. Swear I posted last night, but got caught up watching bad movies (The Expendables 2 and Geostorm) and reading and never got to it. Stayed in until 8:15am this morning. Lawn got aerated yesterday, wasn't even aware of it of Cook's pest control is due today, so some activities are still happening. Need to stop at the Kroger today and pay my gas bill, but that is about it for outside activity.

Butters, hope the vet trip is calmer than the last one.

swampy, your barbers took more care than mine; outside of social distancing, masks, and a squirt of disinfectant, that's all they did. Still, it's nice to have the hair back in order.

boo fae, forgot about moving data to work/notepad; yeah, wish there was a better workaround for that. And least it's done.

nellie, more than a few of us were messes in college...I look back now and lord, I was sooo immature, nothing like what the movies say college kids are like. But we manage with what we got and keep on moving. And thank you for the kind comments.

doggio, I'll report on Kroger, but I've noticed on my limited trips out that masks seems to be going away; since some restaurants are opening and such, I guess folks figure the danger is gone and they don't need to do anything--more fools they.

Nettie, need that burst of "Garbage out" today, both garbage and recyclables need to get to the curb for tomorrow's pickup.

Red, I listen to NPR on XM and my local station is WLRH, which gets a nice donation (along with Ali-bama Public TV) every year from me.

Sunny, good on you for getting the School Board to do their duty.

Purp, if you can find a vet to help out, take pretzel in. Yeah, the financial costs may hurt, but the emotional pain you're having will be worse.

OK, that's enough for today. Everyone take care.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:20 AM

Happy Hump Day!

It's chilly here this morning, 52 degrees and windy. I wore long underwear and my coat to the park this morning and I was still cold.
We were only there for a little over two hours today. Jax's mom wasn't feeling well and we left with her. Almost none of the regulars are showing up, probably don't know it is open, and I don't have their phone numbers to let them know.

Have a doctor appointment today, over the phone.
I took the morning off irk, I think I should have taken the whole day off.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:27 AM

Belated word to swampy: I'm so glad your little spell of "under the weather" was just THAT. Your MMP posts are like a little sparkle on the board!

Bekkers, the weatherpeople keep surrounding you with hellacious rainstorms and flooding. Any plans to put pontoons on Ft Covid, loading up with canned sardines and GrandWreks, and floating away from Big Toe?

I think I'll crank up the bread machine and make hot dawg buns today!

~VOW
Old 05-20-2020, 09:27 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Our September cruise is now scheduled for Sept 2021. It's the same cruise we were going to take this year, shifted out. RCCL offered the "Lift and Shift" option with no penalty.

Really bored today. I want to work outside, but it's just too chilly and ick out there. Maybe I'll pull a book off the shelf and brew up a mug of tea.

Still trying to decide what to do with the BOOST - maybe the local Vet's home will take them. I'll see if I can find an email address and ask them.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. It's raining again, so I had to drg "Princess Pretty Paws" off the sidewalk to do his thing.

Butters, no flooding, unlike Michigan. And good luck with BuddyBoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCM
Some eons back, I heard the term chippie used to describe a female personage of less-than-stellar sexual morals.
: sends DoorDash to the chippie shop :
Old 05-20-2020, 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=FairyChatMom;22312095]Some eons back, I heard the term chippie used to describe a female personage of less-than-stellar sexual morals.
QUOTE]

Around here, it's also the term for a chipmunk, so I guess a female chipmunk with questionable morals would be a chippie chippie? And if she's eating French fries and potato chips, she's a chippie chippie with chips and chips.

I amuse myself sometimes.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:08 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

MissOwl, I'm starting to worry about you. Just asking - are the pictures on the wall talking to you? Have you felt compelled to pick up a floor lamp for a session of ballroom dancing? Did you turn the dining room into a ballroom? Or a ball room?

No reason - just asking...

FCD actually ate some lunch. He's walking almost like a normal person. He mostly struggles with the transitions between standing, sitting, or getting into bed. We're here to help him when he can't manage on his own. I do see improvement - except with his gut. Doggone opioids have him bound up pretty badly. So far, stool softeners aren't very effective. But we're about to halve his dosage, so maybe things will loosen up soon.

Oh, I hope no one was eating lunch while reading that.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:23 AM

FCM, Miralax. I've never known stool softeners to win the battle with OIC.

Also, if FCD still needs supplemental nutrition, I have a suggestion. I buy vanilla Ensure powder and NIDO dry whole milk. I also have whey protein isolate. I throw the appropriate measurements into a Magic Bullet cup, add about a third of a cup of water, then throw in crushed ice. Buzz it all together for a minute or two, and it becomes a wonderful vanilla slushy.

Breakfast and I argue a lot, and this concoction helps me to function in getting the day started.

~VOW
Old 05-20-2020, 11:39 AM

I have been remiss! I forgot to thank Missred for the recipe.

Thank you Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post

Good morning! I made a run to Food Lion to get FCD some Boost for meal replacements. He just tried one and said it tastes chemical. So I'm stuck with these overpriced bottles of stuff that I can't return. Dammit. I also got him juice, sherbet, and Greek yogurt, plus some pudding cups. He's going for a non-solid diet for a while.
My favorite expression is "woman of negotiable virtue".

At one time in the past I had to drink those meal replacement drinks for a while. Being lactose intolerant, I naturally looked at the contents before buying anything. I discovered that ~95% of said drinks were nothing more than milk with some chemicals added. Don't know if that still applies these days.
If I were you, which I'm not, I'd just buy a bunch of bananas and other good stuff and make smoothies. They're not that much trouble and they'll taste much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggio
I had to drg "Princess Pretty Paws" off the sidewalk to do his thing.
Heh. Vinnie is just the opposite. I swear, if you turned that dog loose in the desert he'd find water to play in. And he's a Schnauzer.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:41 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

VOW - we've tried Miralax - it does nothing for him. His aunt the nurse said it will help a lot if he walks more, so I try to encourage that. I wish it was nice enough outside to walk in the yard, but it's dreary and cold and windy and ick.

The only reason we tried the Boost was because he wanted to stay mostly liquid till his gut gets working again. I've got jello, pudding, yogurt, sherbet, and fruit juices. He should get plenty of calories and sufficient nutrients in the short term. And we're about to halve his pain meds - with luck, that'll ease things, too. We shall see.

Poor baby...
Old 05-20-2020, 11:42 AM

Well, exams done. Just one more little bit and I'm on to the hardest part; deciding what to do next... Eek.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:53 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Nut - is that the same as deciding what you want to be when you grow up? Because that's a tough one...
Old 05-20-2020, 12:51 PM

FCM, how long did he use the Miralax? More than one dose?

If the guts have come to a standstill because of the pain medication, the Miralax needs to be taken daily for a week or so.

It WILL work.

That's the stuff currently used in the GAWDAWFUL "Go Lytely" stuff you take as bowel prep for a colonoscopy.

Miralax is not a one-dose deal.

~VOW
Old 05-20-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Nut - is that the same as deciding what you want to be when you grow up? Because that's a tough one...
Basically

I've never been convinced by the whole 'growing up' concept; I'm old enough to drink, I'm happy leaving it at that.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:58 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

VOW - I think he's had 4 doses, plus he's taking Colase. We've halved his meds, and I'm sure that will help. With luck, he'll be off them entirely.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:03 PM

Vet visit was uneventful. He was calm enough for me to get his muzzle on him. The tech who get fetched him and brought him back said he was good. I went ahead and got his rabies shot two months early along with the booster he needed and a toenail trim and heartworm test. He doesn’t need any more shots for three years. It just wasn’t going to happen without the sedative.

Hubs is being admitted back into hospital in Miami. He is retaining fluid. He has a friend driving him in the morning. He doesn’t want me to go and I doubt the hospital will allow visitors. My job has told me no travel. A colleague just went to her Grandmothers funeral out of county and is having to lock down for two weeks. Of course I will go if I have to.

So it looks like a quiet weekend for me. I have a huge project of finding hotels to accept military evacuees in three more cities. I have already done Orlando.. now it’s Pensacola, Panama City and Warner Robins, Ga. hurricane season is upon us.

Everyone stay safe.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:18 PM

I took a long hot shower and feel more alive.

I also put on a ton of makeup for my irk picture, enough that I look like a chippy.
Now I need for my son to get up and take it for me.

Had my doctor visit.
He agrees I should be tested for covid antibodies.
Cool by me, I hope I did have it.
I need a bunch of routine blood irk done, but that has to wait until the lab reopens.

The doggie daycare is opening on June 15. I need to get Ripple in for his bordetella vaccine before June 3.

My days are all messed up again and I am confused.

Poor FCD, been there and suffered that.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
VOW - I think he's had 4 doses, plus he's taking Colase. We've halved his meds, and I'm sure that will help. With luck, he'll be off them entirely.

As I stated above, I don't think Colace is very effective for OIC.

And he's had four doses of Miralax? I predict either tomorrow or the day after, he'll be drinking his morning coffee and watching the birds outside or doing the crossword puzzle. He will drop everything, stand up, and run for the bathroom.

You'll hear him say, "Ooooh, myyyyyy!!!"

Bring him a change of clothes and a roll of toilet paper.

~VOW
Old 05-20-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
My favorite expression is "woman of negotiable virtue".
Kopek always said he was "affordable and accessible" because it sounded better than "cheap and easy."
Old 05-20-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
MissOwl, I'm starting to worry about you. Just asking - are the pictures on the wall talking to you? Have you felt compelled to pick up a floor lamp for a session of ballroom dancing? Did you turn the dining room into a ballroom? Or a ball room?

No reason - just asking... ;
The pictures aren't talking yet, but the cat already told me I'm not allowed to tell you what I've been doing with the lamp.

Speaking of the cat, I almost shut her head in the cellar door the other night. She was nowhere in sight and I heard her tags jingle on the second floor -- or so I thought. As I started to push the door closed, I felt some resistance and there was her little head in the way!

Then this morning, she was sitting on the edge of the sink with her head in the sink when I needed to spit out my toothpaste. I gave her a gentle nudge to get her to move and instead she fell off the sink and went butt-first into the trash can. Ever see a cat shoot straight up out of a trash can? It was funny and only her dignity was damaged.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:30 PM

I didn't get much sleep last night. No good reason. I think the sandman is facing a sand shortage. I got up early and went for a long walk. Then I decided to rotate my mattress (not designed to be flipped). Since it's a queen size and I'm not, it's always a prolonged and awkward ordeal. I'm washing the linens as I type this.

MetalMouse, I definitely agree about our college selves. The year I lived with Old Roommate, something pretty awful happened in my life, and I went into a tailspin, so I was more of a mess than is usual. I obviously survived and thrived.

FCM, sorry about FCD's situation. I hope you find a good home for the Boost. My mother used to drink that stuff. She said the chocolate was the least terrible and that it helps if it's ice cold. Probably numbs the taste buds.

Cupcake, I hope your husband fares well in the hospital. Glad you and Buddy made it through his ordeal with no issues.

OW, I got a kick out of the cat falling into the wastebasket.

Sari, feels weird to say this, but I hope you did have COVID so you don't have to worry about it again (for a while, at least).
Old 05-20-2020, 05:52 PM
Charter Member

It continues to rain. I had to drag Gordie out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
Basically

I've never been convinced by the whole 'growing up' concept; I'm old enough to drink, I'm happy leaving it at that.
Don't grow up, it's a trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Wench View Post

Kopek always said he was "affordable and accessible" because it sounded better than "cheap and easy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Wench View Post
The pictures aren't talking yet, but the cat already told me I'm not allowed to tell you what I've been doing with the lamp.

Speaking of the cat, I almost shut her head in the cellar door the other night. She was nowhere in sight and I heard her tags jingle on the second floor -- or so I thought. As I started to push the door closed, I felt some resistance and there was her little head in the way!

Then this morning, she was sitting on the edge of the sink with her head in the sink when I needed to spit out my toothpaste. I gave her a gentle nudge to get her to move and instead she fell off the sink and went butt-first into the trash can. Ever see a cat shoot straight up out of a trash can? It was funny and only her dignity was damaged.
Alex Catt tired to leap from my computer chair to the table the other night. She missed and impacted on the dog.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:45 PM

Johnny, that was a sweet tribute to a remarkable cat.

Moooooom, I take meds that slow things down in the belly, so I also take psyllium fiber every day to keep things moving along. I buy it at Sprout's Market, but you can get it other places too.

You're welcome bumba.

nut, have you submitted a resume for a superhero position? The Impervious Beekeeper comes to mind and maybe Marvel or DC will pick you up.

{{{butters, hubby and buddy}}}

Irked, stopped at the USPO to mail the gift, got the car washed (the sun was shining and everything! A mile from home, it began to rain ), and came home. Supper's et and now, since a couple of you have reminded me, I need to set out the trash. I'll play in the studio and watch some more of The Tudors on Prime.

Stay healthy y'all!