Old 05-20-2020, 06:57 PM
Charter Member

purplehorseshoe, I sure hope you reach a decision that works for all. Losing a pet is so hard.

I used to wonder about keeping exotic pets, because I didn't understnad how one bonded with a snake, or a lizard. But I know it can happen. At the pet cemetery where I had by dog buried I saw a stone "To my Beloved Charlie, best iguana ever." And they must really have cared because the date on the stone for it's death is thirteen years ago, and I still see flowers get put on the grave.

Let us know how you are doing.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:12 PM

Nellie Thank you for the well wishes for hubby. I think you have me and cupcake mixed up but it’s easy to do. And you too Red He is just going to have to learn, apparently the hard way, that he should do what he is told by the doctors. He knows he should restrict his fluid intake but says to hell with it once he is OKish. He promised if they get him fixed up this time he will follow docs orders but I know this man.

Our PCP has been out of town but he called a little while ago having gotten the news from the Coconut Telegraph. He asked if he is propping his feet up. Of course he isn’t. He will for a few minutes but that’s not what they want. It will be good for him to be in hospital for a few days. At least they can make him do right. He seems to not want to hear it from me. Imagine that.

All good vibes, thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:32 PM

Evening all. Dinner has been consumed and dishes are washing, plus the trash and recycle cans are both at the curb, so that's enough activity for one day. A little bit of rain outside, hopefully it'll dry out quickly, I'd like to mow the yard tomorrow but since it was aerated yesterday, some rain isn't going to hurt, either.

Butters, men can be stubborn about their health...I know, because I is one. Maybe the docs will get through to him this time. And glad the doggy doc visit was without drama.

doggio, I imagine the dog wasn't too thrilled by that misjudgement..

Sari, saw in my local paper that the local hospital is offering COVID-19 tests to any and all, right now they have more tests than prospective patients. I have no symptoms, but being obese and 67, might not be a bad idea to have them poke me in the nose.

Nut, congrats on finishing up your studies, and as for your maturation, remember these words: "Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

FCM, may FCD's back be strong and his bowels weak...

Ok, back to the internettin'. All y'all take care.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:45 PM

WHY do people bother to call tech support if all they're going to do is argue, yell over directions, or snivel proudly about their technical ineptitude? Tech support calls WILL go better if you shut up, listen, and follow directions. If you're such a tech expert, how did you wind up needing to contact tech support again? Some people really should not be allowed near anything more technical than a pencil.

I don't think the queues got over 200 waiting total all day, and at one point, there were only *2* calls waiting. We may be starting to get on top of the flood.

I wound up having DH trim my hair for me a few days ago. I wear it long(ish) and straight, so he just had to cut a straight line to tidy up straggly ends. He did decently. I would desperately love to get my nails done (planning to have fiberglass applied) since all the hand sanitizer (at least 4x/day at irk) is trashing them, but nail salons aren't going to be open for a while yet. I'd think they'd be SAFER than hair places, since masks are ubiquitous among staff at nail salons anyway and I'm sure they wouldn't be bothered by a customer choosing to wear one, plus there's a lot of hand-washing and disinfecting going on anyway.

Last edited by Seanette; 05-20-2020 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added some important words to a sentence so it made some degree of sense
Old 05-20-2020, 09:52 PM

Yum, street tacos for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Nellie Thank you for the well wishes for hubby. I think you have me and cupcake mixed up but itís easy to do.
I'm still not fluent in Mumper. Good thing I already know English. So sorry!
Old 05-21-2020, 02:05 AM

Oh itís no problem. There are a lot of us with lots of different nick names. I havenít slept a wink yet. Hubs ride is picking him up 6 am and I guess I am afraid I will sleep through the goodbyes. I set an alarm just in case.

I verified there can be no visitors at the horsepistol so no need to feel guilty about not being there. I am sure the cardiologist made arrangements to admit him lest he spend all day in the emergency department. I guess I will have peace and quiet to do my irk for the next few days.

I just need to remember to do the trash and recycle stuff on Firday. He normally takes care of that chore. If I get ambitious this weekend I am doing a clothing purge. I have way too much stuff and lots of it does not even fit and hanging onto it until I can fit it is not working too well. So the Salvation Army Thrift shop shall benefit.

I am desperate for a hair cut and color. One of my clerks said she will cut it after I threatened to do it myself with office scissors but I donít know that she will do the color. My hair grows super fast and is way longer now than I like it. Maybe I will just wear a hat for a while.

Happy almost weekend everyone.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 05-21-2020 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:56 AM

I missed MMP somehow the last few days.

I've had a few busy days. Which I hate.
I value my laziness. It took me many years to cultivate my lazy butt.

I have plenty helpers around here. It's almost more work designating work. Bunch of ingrates, the lot! ()

I'm financing this whole operation. It amazes me how much food we're eating.

The laundry is killing me. It's just never done.

My diabetic Nurse told me 6 more weeks of quarantine. I'm kinda depressed about that.

I be gotten so used to having the grandwreks around. They are a very diversion and fun. We've had many art projects. So that's a plus.
The lil'wrekker is home and safe, that's another plus.
So far the family are not complaining, too much about thr lockdown.

Y'all have a good Thursday.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:30 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Up earlier than I wanted, but for years, I got up at 5, so it's not that huge a deal. FCD was hurting and wanted to sit in the recliner. I helped him dress (well, jammie pants and a t-shirt) and brought him some OJ and jello. I also tended to the critters and had me some leftover pizza for breakfast. Thus beginneth my day.

Butters - I don't know if this will slap some reality into your spousal unit, but have you talked to him about end-of-life choices and a will? Dunno if having to deal with those will wake him up, but at the very least, you'll have the answers if he continues to ignore doctor's orders. I know it ain't easy - I had to broach the subject with FCD before taking him to the hospital...

I think today will be a serious house-cleaning day. The kitchen floor definitely needs it, and our bathroom has bits of leaves all around - after I mowed, I was covered with assorted bits that blew around and landed on me and my clothes. I should drag the vacuum in there. And depending on the weather, I may mow - all this rain has the grass going crazy!

But for now, it's still dark outside, so I shall surf.

Happy Thursday!
Old 05-21-2020, 06:05 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 60 Amurrkin out and cloudy/foggy with a predicted high of 81 with rain/tstorms/apocalypse predicted for this afternoon. This mornin' I shall betake myself to the church house to pick up some masks and take 'em to various co-Parishoners who have requested 'em. Al least I'll get to wave at some folks from a distance. We shall sup or N.O.L. upon leftover bbq from yestiddy. Other than that the usual sloth shall consume the day.

MOOOOOOM a tablespoon of ice cream or sherbet in the Boost helps with the flavor. Also, as already mentioned, it's best ice cold.

{{{Butters and Hubs}}} I'm sure it's good he is in the horsepistol so they can get a handle on things. Still, tough to know he's there and you can't see him. Glad the vet visit went good for Buddy.

I would advise everyone to get tested for COVID-19 if testin' is available. We did and were negative. Thus we do everything we know to do to remain that way.

I read all but retention is not my strong suit these days, so yays, boos, hugs, noogies, trouts, chitlins and how you doin's all around as needed.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, alas, alack, woe, and bother, I suppose I should purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire. Life is just so hard!

Happy Thursday Y'all!

Last edited by swampbear; 05-21-2020 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:04 AM

Morning all. Up at 6:15am to micturate and just stayed up. Rain is gone but the grass is still way to wet to cut, so mowing will be in the afternoon if at all. Need to empty the dishwasher in a bit.

Becks, sounds like a busy time, and like you, laziness is something to be worked hard at...

Everyone have a good Thorsday.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:40 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Showered and dressed. I also removed all the seat cushion covers and tossed them and a couple of throw pillows into the wash. Shortly, I will get out the carpet cleaner with the upholstery attachments. More fun!

I just ordered an AT&T prepaid phone from BestBuy - it'll be delivered in 2 days. I found out I can put it on my current account by registering the new SIM card. So yay!
Old 05-21-2020, 08:29 AM

Afternoon, mumpers! I got my project graded yesterday, it's all passes and good passes so I'm happy with that. Means I have completed and passed the course now which is a good thing 'cos it's out of the way now.

Nut - congrats on finishing the exams, time for a rest before you make any big decisions! My biggest decision of the day will be whether or not I have ice cream later.

It's been a pretty quiet day in irk-land so far, which is good news as we've had all sorts of rubbish thrown our way recently, and as usual every time something goes wrong it ends up being our fault even when it's not. We had an email from the VC this morning about plans to reopen campus and it looks very much like I won't be going back there until September, and even then there will be limits to the number of offices open and people allowed in offices. Much more to come on that later but I also heard that one of our Colleges (not mine) has been told their biggest campus building won't be open until December.

Cats are basking in the sun, wish I could be doing the same but alas, I must irk some more.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:06 AM

Happy Thorsday!

Chilly day today, 55 degrees and the sun is trying to come out.
We didn't stay long at the park, it was 46 degrees and breezy. Lily's mom was cold and Jax's mom wasn't coming, so we left early.

{{{Butters and Hubby}}}
I hope all goes well for him, and the forced rest may be good for him.
Glad you could get everything done in one shot for Buddy. Makes like easier that way.

Now weird at all Nellie, I hope I did have the corona. I don't understand why my PCP said she hoped I hadn't had it. Get it done and over, and hope I am immune now.
My cardiologist agrees I should be tested for the antibodies.
Whenever the labs up here open back up for routine blood irk.

I think the actual test for the virus is open to everybody now.
There is one of those signs, the kind with lights, in the middle of town telling pointing in the direction of the testing center.

Just got a text from da jungle, my package is here. I ordered new toys for the dogs, the kind you put an empty water bottle in. Ripple loves crunching on water bottles.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:46 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I cleaned the cat box and decided to sweep the basement stairs, since littler and cat hair seem to gravitate on them. Once I got to the bottom and went to empty the dustpan, I noticed water on the basement floor. The dehumidifier was leaking. rah.

I disassembled it - the filter was clogged and gross, and the whole unit was filthy. But the hose didn't seem to be clogged, so that was good. I cleaned it all up, reassembled it, and turned it back on. I'll check later to see if that helped. Hope we don't have to replace it - them things are expensive!

Time now to start cleaning upholstery. Good times ahead. yeah.

For some reason, I didn't post this, so now that I've finished cleaning the upholstery's dirtiest spots, I'm done!
Old 05-21-2020, 11:35 AM

Got to love da jungle.
I got the message that my package was delivered.
My package was on the porch, kind of surprising that the dogs didn't hear it being delivered.
Just got a message that my package will be arriving today.
Echo is more excited about the new toys than Ripple is.

We need to go to the store. All we really need right now is bottled water, and I have to go into the store to get it. Which means I'll probably spend another $200.
I didn't want to buy anything more until we used up what we have.

I htink I am going to have to get a new phone. I don't want to. Some nights the battery holds a charge, other nights it runs down to almost no battery left. Sometimes when I plug in the charger it says I need to use the charger that came with the phone. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's not always staying connected to my blue tooth or the truck.
I don't want a new phone, but I know these are all signs of the beginning of the end.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:46 AM

Gardening all morning when my helpers. Grandwrex running around so I turned off the electric fence. Of course a pair of Chihuahuas came under the wire. I caught em up before they plowed through my teenaged Tomatoes. Little rascals!

I picked a mess o'greens.

Y'all have a nice afternoon.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:48 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Furniture is all dry, mostly clean, and all the cushions are back in place. I didn't scrub everything - just the visibly nasty areas, especially where my daughter's dog peed. The seat cushions were easy - the covers came off. For the rest, I used the upholstery attachment on my carpet cleaner, plus a scrub brush for the nastier areas.

Once the kids move out, they're getting all this furniture and we're getting new stuff. And new carpet. And a new dining room set. And new paint. The upholstery will have a print of some sort - the solid colors look dirtier sooner. The carpet will NOT be the same cream color we have now - what were we thinking??? And the dining room won't have a massive hutch. That's as far as we've planned.

Lesson learned today - remember which account you mail a deposit to. I kept checking my, um, checking account and the deposit never showed. So I looked in the account from which the money came - the check cleared. At that point, I remembered that I sent the check to my savings account, and there it was. DUH!

And I'm glad I checked our cruise reservation again - RCCL had us on the wrong one - instead of New England and Canada in September, they had us going to Bermuda and the Bahamas in July. Wrong! So I contacted the agent and asked him to straighten it out, since he was the one who was supposed to change the reservation for me in the first place. So glad I created an email folder for the cruise - chain of evidence!

I need to check on FCD - he's been sleeping a pretty long time and he's now overdue for his meds.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
I kept checking my, um, checking account and the deposit never showed.
Are you doing that bitcoin thing again?
Old 05-21-2020, 12:54 PM

Metalmouse, I'm not quite done, I have one more bit of work to do, a poster of my big project (sadly it's electronic, so no fingerpainting, glitter or sticking macaroni on is involved). It's not due for 2 weeks, and it shouldn't take me more than a few days, so I'm having a few days off to play first.

Congrats on passing the course Boofae!

Today's been one of those days where I could have just slept for the whole thing. I think because I didn't have a lot of sleep before exams, then yesterday morning I had a silly start to the day; I mentioned I split the bees into two colonies a few days back. This meant making one little colony, which was in a 'poly nuc', basically a teeny basic hive, made of polystyrene, which is cheap and insulating. Yesterday morning, I got woken up by the wind some time before my alarm went off, whistling through the trees, and had a sudden mad panic; I had forgot to weight or strap the nuc box down. In order to stop myself from panicking, I had to drive over to check it hadn't blown over and strap it down first thing, getting back just before my exam started. Not the most relaxing way to start the day! They were fine, incidentally, the wind wasn't so strong there. I'll have to check the now queenless big box at the weekend, I think, to make sure they're not making loads of queens which will then swarm. They only need one.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOW View Post
As I stated above, I don't think Colace is very effective for OIC.

And he's had four doses of Miralax? I predict either tomorrow or the day after, he'll be drinking his morning coffee and watching the birds outside or doing the crossword puzzle. He will drop everything, stand up, and run for the bathroom.

You'll hear him say, "Ooooh, myyyyyy!!!"

Bring him a change of clothes and a roll of toilet paper.

~VOW
And tell him to flush as he goes. He really shouldn't wait til the end. Don't ask me how I know.

Oh, and fiber.

I am annoyed. A few years ago someone put a recycling thingee in the lobby of the old hospital, and one of the receptacles was designated as being for used batteries. I got into the habit of saving my old batteries and taking them over there to recycle, 'cause I'm all 'green' like that. Well then the hospital moved into their new building and I didn't know where the recycle thingee went too, but out of inertia I kept tossing used batteries into a box labeled 'dead batteries', expecting to find a place to recycle them eventually. Well, I later discovered the recycle thingee over at the college, except that it's just sitting there and apparently has never been emptied. There isn't any room for more dead batteries 'cause it's full of dead batteries, and has been for months. I guess I'll just have to dump my box of dead batteries in the trash.

We have to make a decision. Wifey is going to list a house for a nice young lady who is clearing it out for her uncle who has moved into a nursing home sorta place. Uncle wants to sell his truck. Wifey thinks I should have a truck and we've talked about getting another one when the Hyundai is paid off and we're gonna need one when we eventually move to the little house and such. You remember the 3/4 ton Suburban I ued to drive that we called 'Moby'? This is Moby's brother. It's a '94 Dodge Ram 2500 V8 4x4 with a 5 speed manual tranny. 11-15MPG. It's a beast. But It's only got 66k+ miles on it and looks like new. I'd have to sell my Scion.
I dunno.

Happy Thorsday y'all.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:22 PM

At least Instacart got my order right today, from the store that's had problems with that lately. Maybe things are sorting out (even managed delivery within an hour of ordering). I did feel bad that an order involving a fair amount of heavy stuff wound up with a smallish woman (that store now has a small surcharge for heavy item delivery, which is fair), but she did get a good tip.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Moby II.
Ishmael.
Queequeg.
Starbuck.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:33 PM

Carni*, if you're going to Starbucks I need a Cold Brew, plz and ty!

(*nickname..I still can't remember your mumper name. I think I have a mental block )
Old 05-21-2020, 01:57 PM

Becks, just remember a carnivorous plant is a Venus Flytrap.

Bumba, maybe just call the truck "The Beast". Or Godzilla.

Nut, glad the bees are ok and hope they get about getting a queen sooner than later.

FCM, your planned home improvement sounds a lot like what I did in Feb-March this year. It'll look great, but bring money.

My lawn mower worked fine for the front yard, then decided it wasn't going to start again. I think I've had it, plan to go to Home Depot this afternoon and buy a new one. Anybody want a occasionally functioning old Toro mower?

Also need some hamburger buns and sallit, but I think a nice hot bath will come first; don't want to insult delicate senses...
Old 05-21-2020, 02:03 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I wound up mowing, since it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. I wish I'd worn a mask - it was a dusty mow.

We did pizza last night, so tonight will be empty-the-fridge for supper. I may need someone to feed me - I's tahred...
Old 05-21-2020, 02:13 PM

Hubby has been admitted and saw two doctors. They gonna keep him a few days and maybe do a biopsy, maybe. He was tested for Covid and was negative. I guess they test all patients. We had that talk Mooommmm We have it often.

It is so quiet here just me and the critters. Our office girl came by but office is downstairs so no bother to me. I am still watching The Handmaid’s Tale. I am too invested to stop now. It’s actually very good.

Since I didn’t sleep much at all last night I am tahred and may take a nap. I had a phone call for a reference for a former employee and that’s the extent of irk I have done so far today. There is always tomorrow and the weekend.

Stay well everyone.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 05-21-2020 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:25 PM

I have phone calls to make and I keep forgetting them.
I need a week off, just to sleep and catch up on necessary things.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:40 PM

Well that was quick.
Left a message for one aunt, don't have the number for the other aunt, and the vet's number is busy, busy, busy.
I feel like I am forgetting something.

Going to make my son some eggs, and then go take a shower. I need to wash the crap out of my hair that I put in yesterday for my irk picture.
My son takes horrible pictures... took him 6 tries to get something that was suitable, and it isn't very good at all.
But now my employer has a pic of me for the files.

I asked my son to clean the bathroom for me. He did the sink, the sink looks nice and clean, except he didn't do the faucet and knobs.
He didn't do the floor, he says he will scrub the tub when he takes a shower.
He's been out of school for a week, vacation time is over.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:50 PM

Bumba I'd keep the Scion for now if you're enjoying it and you don't need the truck yet. No need to deal with the hassle and risk of selling at the moment.

Mooommm make sure FCD keeps on the colace AND the Miralax. The Miralax will get things moving, but he'll be really glad it's softened when victory is attained. Trust me on this one.

I slept until noon, with a brief break to get the kids ready for school. I don't like it. I don't wanna sleep until noon.

My folks are coming for dinner tonight. I made some carnitas and should have enough for everyone. I just realized that I forgot garlic. I'll see if I can remedy that in the final steps.

We're taking 'Beamer's dog to the vet today. Pixel has a lump that's growing between his shoulder blades. I hope it's a fatty tumor, but in my experience it doesn't feel like one.

I had my appointment with the Neurologist/MS specialist yesterday. He ruled out MS, but believes that there's something going on. More tests have been ordered for lupus and lyme disease and probably a few other things. Onwards, I suppose.

Take care everyone.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:28 PM

I have a suggestion. Since nettie and nellie are such similar names and nettie has been here far longer than I, what if my nickname were nell or nells? I'm OK with nellie and as I've said, it's a compliment to be called nettie, however mistakenly. Would a shortened form be easier for everyone else? Just a thought.

I have nothing new to report. Slept well and have been doing laundry. I'll head out for a walk in a bit.

nuts, a belated congrats on finishing exams. I'm learning a lot about beekeeping from your posts!

Bumba, since it's Moby's brother, I vote for calling it "Darryl."

FCM, cleaning the filter sounds like a yucky job. How often does it have to be done?

swampy
, I'm not planning on having the antibody test because my odds of having had COVID are miniscule. Docs keep telling me if I get it, I'll probably end up in the ICU (or dead, but they don't say that), so I figure in the extremely unlikely chance that I'd had it, I'd definitely have known it. If that's stupid thinking, I hope someone will let me know.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
I have a suggestion. Since nettie and nellie are such similar names and nettie has been here far longer than I, what if my nickname were nell or nells? I'm OK with nellie and as I've said, it's a compliment to be called nettie, however mistakenly. Would a shortened form be easier for everyone else? Just a thought.
I know who Nellie Bly was, of course. But when I see it spelled nelliebly I keep seeing 'nelly belly'. (I'm probably mentally ill.)
Old 05-21-2020, 05:16 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
FCM, cleaning the filter sounds like a yucky job. How often does it have to be done?
Well, certainly more often than never... I'll try to check it periodically.

As for nicknames, I'm sorry, but you're not allowed to pick your own. It's up to all the rest of the Mumpers, or just one, to bestow your designation. Just be thankful no one stuck you with PookyButt!

I had coddies and some sweet potato for supper. Apple later. And I pulled out a meatloaf for tomorrow's supper, after a frantic search for it. I forgot which part of which freezer I stashed it. But I found it, and thawage has started.

Time for some serious chillage now.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:40 PM

I haven't had a coddie in ages. I love them.
I don't even know where to find them anymore.
Did you make them yourself?
Old 05-21-2020, 05:50 PM

I kinda like Belly, for Nelliebly.
Seems like it works for some reason.

Feel better Sunny, I hate indecision around about diagnosis.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:28 PM

Evening all. New mower has been purchased, assembled and back yard is mown. Just in time, as there are clouds moving in and there is a 90% chance of tunder-boomers tomorrow.

I have no trouble figuring out nellie and nettie, but if you want to change, "circumnavigator" would be accurate but too long, "journalist" would be true but not pointing at you...I think sticking with 'Nellie' is fine.

Sunny, sleeping until noon is my goal in life...but I'm sorry about the pup's lump. Hope it's treatable.

Butters, sounds like you have too much time to worry. Hope everything goes well.

OK, need to fix the evening Cheeburger and then return to internettin'. All y'all take care.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

It rained most of the day. Gordie went out twice. Made chipotle chicken with rice and corn with cumin and tomatoes.

Belly works.

{{{{Butters and Hubby}}}}

Bumba, Richard.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
I know who Nellie Bly was, of course. But when I see it spelled nelliebly I keep seeing 'nelly belly'. (I'm probably mentally ill.)
That's my dog's nickname (nellybelly or pookiebutt )

butters, I'm in a ponytail for as long as I'm in a mask. I was overdue for a haircut when this whole thing began and looking for a new stylist. As far as color, I have just used a couple of spritzes of lightening spray everyday for as long as I've been blonde, so the stylist doesn't have anything to do with that.

Welcome to the 21st century Mooooooooom!

WTG boofae (and if I neglected to congratulate you, to you too nut)

sunny, it may be a chihuahua wart or cyst. Most of the chihuahuas that I've ever been around (my chi mix included) get them. But have it checked just to be safe.

Irked, came home and am chilling.

Stay healthy y'all!
Old 05-21-2020, 06:55 PM

nellie, I have no strong feelings on nicknames. Confusion is the MMP's natural state, you know.

It's also not unusual for the same person to have two or more aliases. I tend to refer to swampbear as "the Ursine One" or variants, for example.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

We have opened up our home to FIV+ cats so that they don't have to spend their last days in a cage, averaging two at any one time. As of an hour ago, we have only one currently.
Goodbye, Mr. Puma Man-You were loved and will be missed.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:22 PM

Hola, muchachos i mijas. My feet and back are taahhhred but I am otherwise content. It helps that tomorrow I get my first (partial) paycheck from New Job, so I'll finally get to see what kind of tips the other budtenders typically bring home. Well, extrapolate from 2 days' worth of data. But that tip jar gets full by day's end - and we are busting our collective butts; I promise we earn any tips people feel like throwing our way.

The friend who let me stay with her for a couple months while I was looking for a place had an order today, and I grabbed her bag and took her stuff to her car. That was fun! She's literally the only person I know in the state, so I don't usually get to casually say, "Oh, I'll take her, she's a friend of mine." I got to be one of the cool kids today, I guess.

Absolutely beautiful weather last couple of days. Mid 70s, a few poofs in the sky for visual interest. I am so glad I moved up here.

Dinner, hmm. Oh, I have homemade chicken stock I boiled last week, and I am determined to make myself egg drop soup. I know how, I just keep getting lazy and heating up the soup as-is.

Oh! Day off tomorrow!

Oh, that's right. Pretzel appointment. Imma take her to the vet in the morning (hence my somewhat unseemly preoccupation with the damn tip jar) and I'm hoping to be told a quick course of antibiotics will fix her up.

Then day off.

Cheers, Mumpers.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:53 PM

{{{czarcasm}}} I don't think I'd be able to do what you're doing. My heart couldn't take all those too-soon goodbyes.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:57 PM

I used to get Bobbio and Doggio mixed up all the time.
If you think Nettie and Nellie are hard, wait until Sario comes back, if he ever does.

I can barely stay awake again tonight.
I can't wait until irk is over and I can go to bed, where I probably will not be able to fall asleep.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:07 PM
Charter Member

Spent several hours making strawberry jam today. The farmers' markets are open, and fresh berries available. Right after that, I got one of my infrequent ocular migraines. Man, I hate these. Besides the jagged green light and distorted vision, I also experience a mild headache and aphasia (garbled speech, which also translates to difficulty writing), and acute tiredness. Used to be, I only saw the lights and disturbed vision, but other symptoms started appearing a few years ago. Nothing wrong neurologically, according to the doc.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
We have opened up our home to FIV+ cats so that they don't have to spend their last days in a cage, averaging two at any one time. As of an hour ago, we have only one currently.
Goodbye, Mr. Puma Man-You were loved and will be missed.
I'm sorry. You are doing a wonderful thing.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:55 PM

It's been quite a week.

Last week, in the midst of a shitty roommate conflict that I'm not going to get into (I mini-ranted about it), my roommate took her dog to the vet and they found a growth in her throat. The info I got was second-hand, so I didn't know then and still don't quite know, how much was reality and how much was dramatics, but the outlook was supposed to be quite grim. A $3,000+ endoscopy/biopsy and CT would tell us if it was operable, but it likely wasn't, and even if it was, it was unlikely she'd survive the surgery. She had that today (it cost $800, not $3,000- still significant, but not impossible) and they removed 60% of it during the endoscopy. Biopsy results are, of course, pending, but apparently, the vet thought it looked more like there had been some injury or irritant like a bit of a stick or something than a cancerous tumor. So that's good- I adore that dog.

I started PT and OT this week after weeks and weeks of waiting and trying to get in. It was good- the faintest glimmer of hope. But also exhausting and pretty painful.

And also... my landlady showed up today. Y'all, my house is owned by a couple, but it feels super weird to refer to them as my "landlord" and "landlady" like she's wearing a gown and speaking in a posh British accent and he's wearing puffy trousers and carrying a sword. Anyway- my landlady showed up to tear out part of my kitchen counter/cabinets. Surprise- they're putting in a wheelchair lift so that I can get in and out of the house more easily. Knocking a hole in my wall tomorrow and putting a door in. This is amazingly kind and completely not something they in any way had to do (or anything I would have ever considered asking for). I have complicated feelings about it- obviously, gratitude. But I also feel guilty because I just rent this house and I hate to see them make modifications like that that are pretty specific to me. I brought that up and they said handicap-accessibility adds a lot of value for some people, which is true, but I do think having a wheelchair lift nobody needs might be a little off-putting to abled people, who would rather have the counter space. And, of course, I wish this weren't even a thing anyone might consider necessary.

But anyway. They'll be here at 7 tomorrow to do that. I anticipate a long day. There are a couple things I asked my roommate to do in preparation (move the table, move her litterbox, put her cats in her room, unlock the back door, move my car) and... I'm sure this will come as a shock to you, but she has so far not done any. So I'll be up extra early tomorrow both to make sure I'm presentable and to try to get those things done/ask again to have them done before they arrive.

For now... lord, I hope I can get to sleep soon. I'm really hurting. Going to get up and get some water and switch out my ice packs and then find something to watch that will hopefully help... or at least provide a distraction.

'night, all. See you in the morning.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:57 PM

Uh-oh, I opened Pandora's Box with my suggestion. I'll humbly answer to whatever I'm called, provided I know it's my nickname, but please, please, if I'm very good, not Pookie Butt! I mean, you don't want to confuse red's puppy, right?

Cookie (That's chefguy, right?), what a coincidence! I got an ocular migraine today, too. I didn't have garbled speech, though. So sorry you did.

shoe, you mean Pretzel might live?! Fingers will be crossed.

czarcasm, I salute you for taking in those kitties. (Do you have a nickname?)
Old 05-22-2020, 12:21 AM

Dorothy (sorry, forgot your nickname) the property owners would not do the modification if it were not to their ultimate benefit. Something like a wheelchair lift will add great value to their property. Just smile and say "Thank you!"

And maybe bake cookies!

PT hurts. It's supposed to. If you have pain pills, use them.

I always name the PT folks after villains. I've had PT from Snideley Whiplash, Gollum, Lex Luthor, Maleficent, Cruella DeVil, and Morticia Addams. If you can laugh, it doesn't hurt quite so much.

Okay, I lied. It still hurts.

Beckdawrek had her PT from The Wicked Witch of The West. Or was it Brunhilda?

~VOW
Old 05-22-2020, 01:55 AM

Awake with the allergies/ itchy nose. Benedryl has been consumed and hopefully sleep will continue. I have to run into irk tomorrow to do payroll but that will be a quick trip.

Ok back to sleep I hope.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:12 AM

Morning, mumpers! It's another fine morning here, we had some overnight rain but not much and today it's a bit sunny and a bit overcast. Breezy too, so that will help keep the house cool. Ours faces in all the wrong directions so we get the sun at the back of the house in the morning and the front in the afternoon, plus it's a double-fronted house so lots of windows for that pesky sun to shine through.

Friday again, so that means someone's going to come up with the Friday Afternoon Problem at some point in the day, and as my boss is off today it'll be up to me to sort it out. Had one already with an academic who has given us marks for two 2,000 word assignments that should be a 50/50 weighting according to the way it's been set up, but he has graded the two components as a 60/40 split instead. Cue academic blustering, and quality manager seething.

Monday is a bank holiday here so at least I have three days away from the lunacy!
Old 05-22-2020, 05:33 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 68 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 91 with a fifty percent or rain/tstorms/apocalypse this afternoon. The big item on today's agenda is to assist with mowage over to the church house this afternoon beginnin' around one. Weather may or may not cooperate. We shall see. Sup shall be majik intartoobz pizza and sallit. I foresee bein' tahrd tonight.

As I mentioned yestiddy, I delivered masks to some co-parishoners. I really enjoyed doin' that. Anywho, I got that done and got back to da cave just before the bottom fell out. Good timin' on my part.

Dots yay for the landpersons makin' those modifications. They will help you, and as others have pointed out, are a good investment for the landpersons.

Czar what a great thing y'all are doin' for those poor kitties. There last days will be happy ones.

Shoe hope things go well with Pretzel at the vet.

MetalMouse yay for new mowin' machine!

Nuts congrats on the exams. Now go be a productive member of society.

Sunny forgot to say, but good for y'all with Beamers skool! I guess havin' MS ruled out is a good thing. Hope they find out whatever it is soonest.

Butters here's hopin' a few days in the horsepistol does Hubs good.

BooFae yay for completin' and passin' your course!

Bumba a truck is a good thing to have, so it might as well be a beast in good condition.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Firday Y'all!