Old 05-22-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post

shoe, you mean Pretzel might live?! Fingers will be crossed.

)
Thanks. It's not like she's got any! <bah-dum tss>

Double-payday today, for the last weekannahaff of Prev. Job and the first two DAYS of NewAwesomePants Job. The latter is ... more than half as much as the former.

<does math>

It's a solid two-thirds. You guys. In two days, I made 2/3 as much as I used to make in a weekannahaff.

!!!!

Full disclosure, by "did math" I meant "asked teh googlez." I chuckle at the memory of the teachers who kept exhorting, "You won't always have a calculator!" Heh. Predicted the future wrongly, they did!

On the other hand, I mutter, "Spelling counts!" at least every few days. You had teachers who said that, I'm sure. Ever typo a password? See, spelling countz!
Old 05-22-2020, 06:56 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The sky just opened here... again... I heard it start around 3:30, but it didn't wake me. FCD had a terrible night and woke me a bit after midnight. He took his middle-of-the-night meds a wee bit early, but he couldn't get comfortable in bed, so he returned to the recliner. I joined him, hoping we could doze out there, but that didn't work, so back to bed it was.

Some time after 4, I dozed. When I woke, he was back out on the recliner and I felt like a zombie. Still do, but I'm up and dressed and I ate, and he's back in bed, trying to sleep again. He's got a tele-appointment with our GP this morning, and the PT is coming around noon. I'm pissed at his surgeon - he hasn't called at all, despite us calling his office at least 3 times this week.

sari - my mom made the coddies. She sent me home with a couple of dozen. I know I'd helped her make them once, but I forgot the recipe. She'd cooked them all and froze them, so I just heated them in the air fryer - they were good.

Glad I mowed yesterday. I may do a load of laundry today, but I got all my hard chores done yesterday. Frankly, I just want to sleep, but having caffeinated, that ain't happening. I foresee a long day.

Happy Firday!
Old 05-22-2020, 07:31 AM

Morning all. Got up at 6:15am, just in time to get the newspaper in before the tunder-boomers arrived (it's tunder-booming as I type this). Looking at the radar, it appears I am in for a wet morning and possibly afternoon, so mowage yesterday was a good idea. Staying inside is indicated for today.

Heading for 83F today, so the AC may be brought into action. I like my house warmer than most, but when it gets to 79-80F, that's a wee bit to much.

Dot, it could be you have really nice folks you're renting from. Or, they could be planning to raise your rent (). Just be happy for good things now.

Shoe, Yeah! on the new job pay and good wishes for Pretzel.

Tsar, Second the view that what you are doing is pretty special.

Vow, I once made a list of all the MMP'ers, but I lost it. May make another up one of these days and put it here, since we've had a fair number of new folks lately.

nellie, no problem, hey, we have to have something mundane to discuss here...

Cookie, ouch on the migranes. I used to have headaches (usually 1-2 a year) that were so bad I'd end throwing up. They went away a few years ago (I didn't do or take anything), hope your's get better over time.

OK, need to do a least a little productive work about the house. All y'all take care.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. The sky was briefly a weird shade of blue. Phase 2 reopening starts at 5, so I shall grab provisions before the infected hordes surge forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
I used to get Bobbio and Doggio mixed up all the time.
Middle aged straight white dudes all look alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
not Pookie Butt! I mean, you don't want to confuse red's puppy, right?
And my one hockey friend who has an Aussie named Pookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Vow, I once made a list of all the MMP'ers, but I lost it.
You made a list?

Dot, good for the landpeople* doing an upgrade, even if it does benefit them, too.

{{{{Pretzel and shoe}}}}

Sorry, czarcasm. You're doing a good thing for the kitties.

*Not to be confused with Sand People. They're the worst.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:20 AM

My cat's nickname is Pookie. The Other Shoe said she looked like a "Pookie" when she was a wee scrap of a mite.

For reasons involving leftover meat more than cowardice, we started to append "-Chicken" to her name.* Hence, NikkiChicken and PookieChicken ... she answers to both.

* it was originally a title for food intended for feline consumption.
As in, "Is this roasted breast still any good?"
"Yeah, but .. eh, imma make more. Give that to the cats - it can be Nikki-chicken now."
Old 05-22-2020, 08:22 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I slept through a storm that apparently terrified my dog.
The Indian names of our dogs are "Drops Her Cookie" and "Cries a Lot".
Old 05-22-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post

Nuts congrats on the exams. Now go be a productive member of society.
Shan't...

I still have one more assignment to do, if only a little one, which is in two weeks. As you can imagine though, this isn't the best time to look at future options. Everything's still so up in the air, so very few places are hiring, and even the universities are all confused.

I'm fortunate in that I still have a bit of income coming in from irk, which I hope will run through til September at least, and I do, in an emergency, have savings. It's not a great time to graduate though... There are options, but it's all a bit complicated, really.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:05 AM

Howdy all. The rain and thunder have moved on (for now) and the house is a comfy 75F without the aid of any HVAC activity. Have not accomplished much outside of Sudoku and Jumble solving, but there is not much to accomplish today.

Need to forage for sustenance, everyone take care.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:37 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The search for drugs goes on. There is no oxycodone or percoset to be found in this county as far as we can tell. You can't get any info from pharmacies unless you show up with a paper prescription in hand. FCD's doc called a refill in, or maybe faxed it, but they couldn't be bothered to tell us that it can't be filled till next week. The PT did find out from the Walgreen pharmacist that everyone in the county is out of oxy. So the surgeon is supposed to call in another pain med - unfortunately, he can't have any NSAIDs, and tylenol really doesn't do much. I foresee a painful weekend. Dammit.

On the plus side, it's nice enough outside that I've got the house open. So there's that.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:38 PM

Happy Firday!

Chilly and rainy outside.
Was a short day at the park as I was the only one who showed up.
Then we had to chase Echo, I let her off leash to go from the truck to our gate and today she decided to run up the alley and explore the neighborhood.
I was walking back to get the truck to go get her when she decided to come home.

Since I had to go grocery shopping, we filled out our mail in ballots and stopped at the post office on the way. I also gassed up the truck. It was pretty close to empty. At least in this truck I can go down to the armpit and back on half a tank. I made two trips through the grocery store, one to get bottled water, and another to get everything else.

The yard is turning into a jungle but not much we can do in the rain. I wanted to order the same rocks I got last year for the yard and they are out of stock. I suppose I can order something else for out front.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Morning all. Got up at 6:15am, just in time to get the newspaper in before the tunder-boomers arrived (it's tunder-booming as I type this). Looking at the radar, it appears I am in for a wet morning and possibly afternoon, so mowage yesterday was a good idea. Staying inside is indicated for today.

Cookie, ouch on the migranes. I used to have headaches (usually 1-2 a year) that were so bad I'd end throwing up. They went away a few years ago (I didn't do or take anything), hope your's get better over time.

OK, need to do a least a little productive work about the house. All y'all take care.
One of my kids used to get the real deal migraines. These are more of a nuisance, but they do tire me out.

Speaking of weather (were we?), Portland is headed for its first 90 degree day next week. We don't usually see that sort of temps until July sometime.

Last edited by Chefguy; 05-22-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:00 PM

I heard something on the radio about highs near 80 next week. Y'all, I moved to Michigan to get away from the heat and humidity, and it's following me like smoke at a campfire.

Kinda armit-y outside today, but I consulted the oracles repeatedly, and teh googlez insist there's minimal chance of rain today. Coulda fooled the fuck outta me, the sky is dark and full of terrors stormclouds.

The vet insisted that Pretzel doesn't have mouth rot, but conceded swelling around her jaw and thinks she knocked it out of alignment. (Snakes occasionally misjudge and bonk themselves while striking their food - much the way you and I stub our toe on the way to the kitchen for a snack in the middle of the night, or those other idjits on the roads misjudge if they've got space to make that left across traffic.)

I still think her skin looks darker than usual all around her edges of her mouth and that she's not closing it all the way, so I frankly I still haz a sceptical, but if she really doesn't have some fungal infection or scale rot I'll be very grateful to be wrong.

There's some wounds on her tail, too, because I was a dumbass and left her last attempted meal in too long. That has never happened before, ever, and I feel awful about that, especially since it's such a stupid rookie mistake.

Vet sent us home with some topical ointment for her tail gouges, pain meds for the jaw, and a warning that she might not be in a great mood after getting her mouth gently winched open with a popsicle stick.

They asked if I'd ever given Rx to a reptile before. I laughed, and said no, but that I had for both cats and ferrets & that I could probably figure it out. It's a squirty-liquid, which is good because I'm not entirely certain I want to pill a snake!

I'll give her a warm bath first, though, because they recommended it and because the poor creature hasn't been manhandled enough today yet. For now, she's chilling in the plastic sweater tub I use as her travel container - or possibly, trying to pop it open again, and don't for one moment think snakes don't learn things like "this worked last time, so imma keep trying."

While that image is in your brain, I want to share a tidbit I picked up from the herp community: cobras are commonly described as intelligent and alert, and are known to *watch* how their keepers open the enclosure and then pay special attention to the latch area later.

I think that's pretty cool for an animal with essentially zero cerebral cortex.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:15 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The quest for pain meds continues. Dr's office just called back - they've sent yet another prescription to CVS and I'll have to call them in about 20 minutes to see if they've filled it. That'll leave one last chance to get something for him - a weekend of Tylenol just won't cut it.

I'm feeling burnt out. At least my poor sweetie is getting some rest.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:18 PM

Home from my two hours of irk, dog walked, me fed and now tis nap time. Happy Firday everyone!
Old 05-22-2020, 02:24 PM

Happy Friday! It's sunny and cool here, and there's a very happy puppy barking in the dog park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
There's some wounds on her tail, too, because I was a dumbass and left her last attempted meal in too long.
I don't think I want to know what this means.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:47 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

SUCCESS!!!!!!! I'll probably go back in the morning to pick up his meds. WHEW!
Old 05-22-2020, 04:14 PM

*happy medicine dancie for FCM and FCD*

~VOW
Old 05-22-2020, 05:18 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Excellent meatloaf for supper - it's the one that was made with the packet of onion soup mix. Very yum!

As soon as the dishes are done, I'm going to veg. The pharmacy opens at 9 in the morning, so that's my first agenda item tomorrow. Here's hoping I get sleep tonight.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Mowage of the back forty over to the church house got accomplished this afternoon. Five of us showed up and everything got done in just over two hours, so go us! I came home, showered, and had a beer whilst OYKW went to retrieve the majik intartoobz pizza, which then got consumed along with sallit (to make it healthy). We had a pea sized hail storm an hour ago and are now under a SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING until seven-thirty. We shall see. All the rain we've had this week has made the yahd shoot up so tomorrow may be mowage day at da cave. Or not. We get willy-nilly about this sometimes.

MOOOOOOM yay for success with FCD's pain meds. Not a fan of 'em but when they are needed, they are needed.

shoe yay for the good news on Pretzel and on the paycheck. Sounds like you got a good gig goin' there.

Now I shall pop a beerverage and sit out on the back porch to see if a storm come up. I like doin' that. I'm weird. Y'all already knew that though.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
My cat's nickname is Pookie. The Other Shoe said she looked like a "Pookie" when she was a wee scrap of a mite.

For reasons involving leftover meat more than cowardice, we started to append "-Chicken" to her name.* Hence, NikkiChicken and PookieChicken ... she answers to both.

* it was originally a title for food intended for feline consumption.
As in, "Is this roasted breast still any good?"
"Yeah, but .. eh, imma make more. Give that to the cats - it can be Nikki-chicken now."
"Chicken" is my standard nickname for (mostly female, but not always) animals. I've been made fun of for it several times and I honestly don't know where I picked it up, but it stuck.

The funny thing is, more than one animal has gone home and had their name changed to Chicken because someone heard me call them that and thought it was cuter than their actual name.

My girl cat has ended up being Baby-Chicken-Pigeon-Sister recently and my boy is usually Muffin, which tbh is cutesier than most things I would normally say. I think I picked that one up from my former office mate.

Anyway- there's progress on the lift, but it's not finished yet. There's a new door in my kitchen and (part of?) a platform outside and the lift will be off the platform, I guess. So I'll have a balcony and an elevator because I'm not broken- I'm just fancy.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:05 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
MOOOOOOM yay for success with FCD's pain meds. Not a fan of 'em but when they are needed, they are needed.
He hates having to take them, but considering the extent of this surgery, he needs 'em. He was 3 hours late getting his afternoon dose because he took a nap, and he was in agony! I know he's not faking.

And, on the plus side, the worstest side effect of the opioids seems to be past (pun sorta intended. )

Dishes are done. I'm about to assume the position.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:20 PM

"Not broken, just fancy!"

Totally cool! I may have to borrow that slogan!

(And here I've been telling people my husband found me in the "As-Is" department of Goodwill.)

~VOW
Old 05-22-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOW View Post
"Not broken, just fancy!"

Totally cool! I may have to borrow that slogan!

(And here I've been telling people my husband found me in the "As-Is" department of Goodwill.)

~VOW
Too posh to perambulate
Old 05-22-2020, 06:46 PM

Evening all. The rain went away and it was nice this afternoon, but there's some tunder-boomers in Tennessee (look out, Red) that might sneak down here later this evening. Working through a Big Bowl O'Sallit for dinner, managed not to nap this afternoon so I probably will turn in early.

Yeah for getting the prescription filled, FCM. Hope these work well.

swampy, if you're in the triangle Macon-Albany-Columbus, ya'll be careful, the NWS radar looks nasty.

Purp, glad pretzel is in better shape than you thought last night. But medicating a python (Or is pretzel a boa?) is something, even though I like snakes, that is definitely NOT on my Bucket List...

nellie, yep, it means what you think it means...

Cookie, N. Alabama hasn't seen 90F yet, we usually have by now, but it does show us in the 80's for the next 8-10 days.

OK, need to finish the sallit, all y'all take care.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
nellie, yep, it means what you think it means...
Oo, lawd. I'm going to have bad dreams tonight...bad, bad dreams.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Scored beer, coffee, and used meat and was back home before The Purge: Virus Edition stated at 5pm. I took Gordie out for a pre dinner walk, and just as we got to the door, Fluffy and his humans came out. And their cat ran out. So I had to wrestle an insane dog, a bag of poop, and try to get the keys in and out of the lock.

Quote:
Gordie pees on his foot. But glad [nb]Pretzel[/b] is OK. And I guess this is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
He hates having to take them,
"Only users lose drugs" But glad he's medicated and moved.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:02 PM

dogbutler, definition, please.

What is "used meat?"

~VOW
Old 05-22-2020, 07:09 PM

YAY! for pain meds.

I'm rather annoyed. I bought some cheese from the deli, only the deli isn't open, they make up packs of lunchmeat and cheese, and put them in a cooler. The sign said american, I got swiss.
I'm not that fond of swiss cheese.

Took a long nap this afternoon. I needed it.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

Chiles Relleno

Poblano chiles
1 egg per chile
Shredded cheese, such as Mexican blend
Oil for frying

Broil, or use a blowtorch on, the chiles to char the skin on all sides. Peel the charred skin off. Slit the chiles along the side and clean out the seeds. Separate the eggs, and whip the whites into a merengue. Stir in the yolks. Stuff the peppers with cheese. Dip the stuffed chiles into the egg mixture to cover. Fry in oil.

Serve with sour cream and salsa, and maybe some cheese for garnish.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOW View Post
dogbutler, definition, please.

What is "used meat?"

~VOW
Meat that is lowered in price because it is about to expire.
The only way I can afford tenderloin.
My MIL used the phrase as does Mrs. Plant (v.3.0)
Old 05-22-2020, 08:06 PM

dot, my apartment complex is pretty accessible in most apartments (minimal steps in and out, full sized doors in and out, etc), but there is always a waiting list for the ones with actual ramps. Your property owners stand a good chance of keeping you or someone else as a long term tenant by making it accessible.

shoe, yay on the pay and the better prognosis for Pretzel. I don't know how far up in Michigan you are, but the southern half will get into the 90s easily for a couple of months in the summer. It's cooler at night than most places in Texas, but you still have a couple of months of hot and humid.

Glad you found the meds Mooooom. Here in Tennessee, schedule II drugs can't be e-scribed or called in. You have to take the paper scrip to the pharmacy to get them.

Irked, got a lot of stuff done and put out some fires before leaving at 1:30. Bought groceries and took Nelson to the dog park. He found some new playmates that he got along with: a sweet beagle, a beagle-greyhound mix and a mix similar to his own, all of whom were good matches for his personality and energy level. We swung though the BBQ for supper and he got his usual pup cup of smoked turkey as a treat. Now to chill.

Stay healthy y'all!

Last edited by missred; 05-22-2020 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
a beagle-greyhound mix
Stay healthy y'all!
Jesus Christ!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:43 PM

I took BuddyBoy to the doggie park this evening right before dark. There were no other dogs there but I threw the tennis ball and he fetched and tired himself out. I promised him we will go everyday while I am still off irk. Other than that I had a very quiet and peaceful day.

Hubby sounds so much better already. I know he is getting bored already but he is there at least until Wed of next week. His doc told him he will keep him until he figures out what is going on.

Happy finally weekend everyone!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:55 PM
Charter Member

Had the Hockey Zoom Cocktail hour. Alex Catt "helped" but sticking her bunghole in the camera multiple times.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:16 AM

Crud. I keep getting bad news. I give up.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:06 AM

Quote:
My uncle is a marine biologist. He told me about an octopus that would climb out of its aquarium and walk around the floor. Once it pulled the plug out of a tank. It was quite the adventurous little guy.

Moomm I'm glad you were able to get meds for FCD. I hope he heals up.

Nellie how about "Belle" for your MMPer nickname? Nell rhymes with Belle.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:40 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

For the record, I cannot function on 3 hours of sleep. FCD has been in and out of bed all night, between the bathroom and the recliner. It seems every time I'm about to doze off, he has to move or he needs my help. I can't get angry with him, but it's harder and harder to be pleasant. I'm so tired...

I know this will pass, but he's older and healing takes longer. I just need sleep.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:45 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* I was a slug abed until seven a.m.! 'Tis 66 Amurrkin out and N.O.S. with a predicted high of 91 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Today we would have been hostin' a Memorial Day soiree at the cee-mint pond, but obviously not this year. Oh well. I think we shall spend some quality time out there this afternoon. Sup shall be burgers 'n fixin's and fries. It rained a lot yestiddy evenin' so even if the motivation for mowage was upon us, it would have to be later in the day. Really, really, really, wet out right now. I yanked a hunk 'o beast outta da freezer to make a pot roast for tomorrow. That's the plan here at da cave.

{{{MOOOOOOM}}} here's hopin' FCD gets healed up soonest and that you can get some sleep.

{{{Nellie}}} just cause it looks like you could use a hug.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Sattidy Y'all!
Old 05-23-2020, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Up. caffeinated, and sheveled. Alex Catt has spent the morning defenestrating the computer mouse.

(((([b]Nellie[b]}}}}
Old 05-23-2020, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

{{{MMPers}}}

It is hard to go from a lurker to full participation, but I am working at coming out of my shell. Suffice to say I really enjoy being a part of this small community.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post
{{{MMPers}}} It is hard to go from a lurker to full participation, but I am working at coming out of my shell. Suffice to say I really enjoy being a part of this small community.
Same here. [Looks around to make sure no one is eavesdropping.] In case you hadn't noticed, these people are goofy (except for Filbert, she's Nuts). You and I can be the sane ones here.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:14 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Just got back from my sleep study hospital stay. The bed was hard, the blanket was incredibly thin, the room was chilly, and I'm going to spend a week getting all the glue spots removed from body and head. What fun.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:22 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Aw, c'mon - even tho we have a reputation as the Cool KidsTM, we're really very inclusive. Heck, we even let a gay guy or two post here! Participate as much or as little as you like, but if you expect to be absent for any length of time, do let us know - we worry!

Just back from picking up FCD's drugs - he's got at least 10 days worth. I've got a load in the dryer, another in the washer, and I doubt that I'll do much else today. Except it's also clean-the-critter-fountain day, but that's a 20-minute chore. In fact, I'm thinking this will be a carry-out supper day.

Our travel guy finally straightened out our cruise reservation - only 474 days till we depart!

Meanwhile, time to chill till my towels are dry. Happy Saturday!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Jesus Christ!
She looked like a skinny, long legged beagle and bayed like a hound.

{{{Nellie}}}

Up, caffeinating, breakfasting, a load of towels and sheets in the wash, dog walked and puppy crate cleaned. Other than laundry, I intend to be lazy today with a possible ride and a trip to the dog park this afternoon.

Stay healthy y'all!
Old 05-23-2020, 10:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Wench View Post
these people are goofy
[Joke of Questionable Taste]
SPOILER:
Mickey Mouse goes to a judge to get a divorce from Minnie Mouse
Judge: "So I understand you wish a divorce on grounds of insanity?"
Mickey: "No Your Honor, I didn't say she was crazy, I said (questionable punchline)
SPOILER:
she was fucking Goofy.
"
"
[/Joke of Questionable Taste]
Old 05-23-2020, 10:11 AM

Morning all. Stayed in till 9am today, could have gotten up earlier but didn't wanna. Need to get ahead (of lettuce) and a couple of other things at the store, so I will go out for a bit this am. Cloudy but getting to 85F this afternoon.

hippy, OW, just post when you can. We've had folks drop in and out, but the lifeblood of this place is the 'regulars', and I really hope you become regulars.

FCM, glad FCD is sufficiently drugged. And 470+ days is a bit long for anticipation, but maybe just right for the times.

doggio, how does a cat defenestrate a computer mouse?

Everyone have a good weekend now.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Just got back from my sleep study hospital stay. The bed was hard, the blanket was incredibly thin, the room was chilly, and I'm going to spend a week getting all the glue spots removed from body and head. What fun.

I warned everybody!

You also failed to mention that any middle-of-the-night bathroom breaks have to begin with notifying the technician, so you can have the spaghetti of wires unhooked from the big-ass computer!

WHY it is necessary to sleep on a bed of nails with a concrete pillow and a napkin for a blanket, in a room cold enough to freeze popsicles is beyond my reasoning.

Put ANYBODY to bed under those circumstances, and Hell, yeah, they'll have sleep disturbances!

~VOW
Old 05-23-2020, 10:36 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

OK, first load dry and put away, second load in the dryer. Critter fountain has been cleaned and refilled. I need lunch. FCD is finally sleeping - wish I could.

It's a lovely day, but I'm just too wrung out to futz in the yard.

On the plus side, the smaller pants I bought a few months back are too big now - not ridiculously big, but I can wear the next size down comfortably, and instead of 3X tops I can wear a simple XL - it's been a long time since I've been this "small" relatively speaking. One of the best things about it - my knees no longer hurt! Too bad I didn't smarten up 20 years ago.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:39 AM

FCM, check yer SDMB mailbox, please!

*passes stealth note in class*

~VOW
Old 05-23-2020, 10:42 AM

Morning all. Looks to be a rainy day off and on. I have cleaned the kitchen and got the dishwasher running. Hubby sent me a list of things he needs. He verified that his buddy can drop it off at the front desk of the horsepistol and they will get it to him. One thing on the list is another phone charger as his is faulty. He sounds even better today.

I don’t know what the day will hold yet. I was not aware of this rain. I suppose I can do a load of laundry and a little straightening up but that’s it. Maybe it will be a sloth and Netflix day. I could run to the store but there’s not anything I really have to have. I am thawing some chicken for the grill later.

Later, around 530, the neighbor boy that just graduated high school will walk down the street in his cap and gown and all the neighbors are to stand outside and cheer him on. Then there is a little outside party at his house after. Since there is no graduation ceremony I guess this is it. I hope the weather cooperates for that. His parents had banners made in support of him and all of us neighbors have them hanging on the front of our houses. I think his parents are more upset than him that the pandemic screwed up his senior year.

Ok everyone. Stay safe and have a great weekend.