Old 01-17-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Assuming you stretch the term art to cover it, I am no fan of professional wrestling. And I don't think I've seen any of his movies. But from everything I've heard John Cena is a wonderful human being.
I took a group of kids to see him speak at the Library of Congress. He was great with them. While I am a fan of old school wrasslin', I'm not a fan of WWE. I also had a great experience hosting Raven and Molly Holly in the early 2000s.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:59 PM

James Blunt. Canít stand his music, but heís a master at the Twitter clap back, and seems like a pretty down-to-earth guy. Ed Sheeren, too.

Quote:
Assuming you stretch the term art to cover it, I am no fan of professional wrestling. And I don't think I've seen any of his movies. But from everything I've heard John Cena is a wonderful human being.
He was hilarious in Trainwreck.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
On that note... I'm not a sports person. I couldn't care less about football. I'd never heard of Colin Kapernick before the whole brouhaha started up over the national anthem. Everything I've seen about him makes me think he is a genuinely good person, better than most. More a saint than the villain his detractors try to paint him as.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:39 AM

I have to second/third Dolly Parton. I had the pleasure of winning a radio contest that allowed me to meet her backstage before a concert. When all the handshaking and picture taking was over, she grabbed my hand and said "No, honey, you stay. I like you!" She is indeed warm, personable, sharp as a tack and funny as a crutch. And I, too, admire the charity work she does without seeking any recognition for it. Speaks of good character.

But I do not like country music. Never have. I did rather enjoy the album Dolly did with Emmy Lou Harris and Linda Rondstadt called "Wildflowers" where they sung as a trio on some traditional folk songs and church music. But still not enough to buy the album.

Last edited by stillownedbysetters; 01-18-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:33 AM

Keanu Reeves seems like a real prince of a guy which is amazing considering how big a star he is. But he has starred in two great movies, three good ones, and a huge amount of stuff that looks like utter crap.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:49 AM

Funnily enough, with Tom Cruise it's the other way round for me... as a person I wouldn't want to come near him or touch him with a long pole but I watch his movies because he is at the same time both Tom Cruise and credible in each role (except for Jack Reacher).