Old 12-12-2018, 12:50 PM

I thought it was just the mid-season finale?
Old 12-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
I thought it was just the mid-season finale?
It was.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorgirl View Post
Apologies for resurrecting a slightly stale thread, but I am here to complain that the season finale obviously didn't feel like a season finale to me, since I keep going back to it on Hulu to watch another episode and realizing AGAIN that I already watched the season finale. I just did the same thing here - I came to this thread to catch up on the discussion and realized AGAIN that I'd already done that.

Maybe I'll get brain pills for Christmas.
It wasn't the season finale- it was the "fall finale" . Which just means that they aren't showing new episodes between Thanksgiving and January - there's a new episode 1/15, I think

Last edited by doreen; 12-12-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:47 PM

Network drama shows are doing this now. Manifest did the same thing.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the info! Am I off the hook for thinking it didn't feel like a finale?
Old 01-16-2019, 04:58 PM

AND we're back. Even I know DNS in that context means Do Not Sell. I wonder if Randall will move his family to Philly now?
Old 01-16-2019, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivylass View Post
AND we're back. Even I know DNS in that context means Do Not Sell. I wonder if Randall will move his family to Philly now?
I partly blame Toby. If those action figures we're so valuable, he should have had them hidden somewhere that Kate wouldn't find them. Also, is it that hard to write out "Do Not Sell"?

The mini Three Rivers Stadium was awesome tho.

I also wondered if Randall was going to move.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I partly blame Toby. If those action figures we're so valuable, he should have had them hidden somewhere that Kate wouldn't find them. Also, is it that hard to write out "Do Not Sell"?

They weren't Mint in Box (thanks, Big Bang Theory) so I think he had them displayed in his home because it was his home.

I loved the government clerk correcting Kevin on Game of Thrones trivia.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivylass View Post
They weren't Mint in Box (thanks, Big Bang Theory) so I think he had them displayed in his home because it was his home.

I loved the government clerk correcting Kevin on Game of Thrones trivia.
I did too but she wasn't correct... exactly. Robert wasn't Joff's adoptive father, just his presumed father. Legally his father, despite not genetically related.

Mandy Moore just pops in for a second, huh?

I didn't like this episode much. I didn't get the point of showing us the end and then showing us the beginning. That works well for a shocking "how did we get here" episode but the ending wasn't exactly a surprise when we got to it, nor was it "Gee, I have to see how this happened" at the beginning.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post

They could have made two piles of Toby's toys; a larger pile of stuff to sell and a small one of the ones he wanted to keep. And if their child is born this year, when he is eight years old, the original Star Wars movie will be fifty years old. The movie. and the action figures, is not going mean as much to the kid as it does to Toby. Similarly, the kid will have no connection to Three Rivers Stadium, especially as the kid is being raised in Los Angeles.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:04 PM

1/22 Episode

The Big Three meet their uncle, Becca apparently knew that he wasn't dead, and Beth is going on job interviews.

Nick was so stupid all the way around. Hand grenades to fish? Of course we could see the consequences coming from a mile away. I can understand Jack wanting shut of him after that. I guess Nick is on some sort of disability?

I would think with Kate's high risk pregnancy there'd be no way she'd risk a plane flight across country. Maybe that will come back later.

A bit on the nose at the end, with Jack choosing to go home and the Big Three choosing to go back to the trailer.

My Facebook memories popped up today with the post I made about the house fire. I still haven't gotten over that.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:45 PM

This season is losing me. Have I mentioned that I hate tv shows with Vietnam flashbacks? (All wars, tbh, but Vietnam is the most common one). Hate it. HATE. I don't mind war shows or movies, but I hate the heavy handedness tv series use for their Very Special Episodes. And 45 years after the war, there really isn't a whole lot new to see on tv short form.

I can see maybe how and why Jack wouldn't tell the kids, as they weren't adults, but I still don't get why he didn't tell Mandy Moore. None of that compartmentalization stuff works for me.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:25 AM

I disagree with the premise of that episode. Jack would have never abandoned his brother like that. I think the writers screwed up.