Old 01-15-2019, 09:44 PM

Grace and Frankie Jan. 18th. I know at least one somebody will be watching other

Season 5's trailer. I'm afraid this series is going to go the way of other series that I watched and faded away like Dark Matter and Dirk Gently. My tastes don't usually match up with today's zeitgeist. All of you who would like to give it a try have until Jan. 19th to catch up.

By the tiny little fanfare this premier is getting, I can't help but think this is this shows final season. Man, what a downer this post is!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:57 PM

I can't wait. I'm pretty busy working full-time and going back to school part-time, but I'll make time for this.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:10 PM

Yup. Hubby and I have a standing date for two eps a night until the season's done, starting Saturday.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:36 AM

I watch it while on the treadmill and I'm in the middle of season 3 right now. I really love it.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:34 AM

Jane and Lily doing a little press with Ellen.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:53 PM

Finished the newest one today. It was ok. The acting hasn't declined, but the writing is a little weaker. I think it goes for BIG FINALES and then has to spend half a season undoing the finale chaos. I like each successive season a little less than the previous one, but I'll be watching S6 the day it comes out.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:38 AM

Watched the first episode of the new season and thought it was weak. Rupaul was not funny nor did I 'want him to like me' as both F&G made a point of saying. Was Nicole Ritchie supposed to be a Cardi B knock off? The way Frankie and Grace got their house back was dumb and the kids going from house to house in one big block of indistinguishable from each other reactions was pretty lazy.

The guy's B story made me laugh.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:36 AM

Yeah, the house story was weak. I thought of a much better way of dealing with it.
SPOILER:
Have Brianna be the secret buyer! She had coveted the house the whole time and used the "time to move into the old folks home" thing as a ruse to get it. G&F finally catch on and just continue to live in the house rent free. Brianna is paid back for her evil move.

Then more comedy down the road. E.g., G&F complain to their landlord about repairs and such.
The Peter character is fine in small doses. But 3 episodes in and I want him gone!

I keep having this issue with Brianna. She is just so funny and everything. I enjoy every minute of June Diane Raphael on the screen. But ... she is evil and all that.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftg View Post
The Peter character is fine in small doses. But 3 episodes in and I want him gone!
Take the Peter, leave the dog. Oof, that was awful. And you knew all along what was going to happen.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:38 PM

We just watched Ep 10. Did I hear that right, that Frankie tweeted the vibrator day thing through Coyote's Twitter or Facebook or something? Like, MR. BERGSTEIN THE TEACHER? Did Frankie explode Coyote's life just as he was getting it put back together?