Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #42201  
Old 09-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Monty's Avatar
Monty is online now
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 23,621
High school cheerleaders pull stupid political stunt, resulting in game being canceled because of Trumpeter flag wavers planning on protesting at game.


I think I parsed that right.
  #42202  
Old 09-22-2019, 10:25 AM
enipla is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,783
Trump has opened the door for the bigoted and racists to come through. I had no idea how many of them still lurked about.

I feel sorry for these kids. Instead of being idealistic and looking to make the world a better place, they are supporting a man that wants to drag us back in time.

We have lost 4 very important years. Probably more like a decade or two. It will take a while to get things back on track.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #42203  
Old 09-22-2019, 10:29 AM
The Other Waldo Pepper is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
I feel sorry for these kids. Instead of being idealistic and looking to make the world a better place, they are supporting a man that wants to drag us back in time.

We have lost 4 very important years. Probably more like a decade or two. It will take a while to get things back on track.
It’s kind of odd that you describe both of those with “back”.
  #42204  
Old 09-22-2019, 11:08 AM
enipla is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Waldo Pepper View Post
It’s kind of odd that you describe both of those with “back”.
Trump and his supporters seem to think that back in the 50's everything was wonderful. Or back when there was no EPA or rights for those that may need help. Back when certain people knew their place.

Make no mistake, many if not most of his supporters only know that time from reruns of Leave it to Beaver, but that's where they want to go (provided they still have Twitter)

We had since been on a track to improve things. Race relations, the environment, women's rights. LGBT rights. He is derailing that train. It will take a while to get it back on track.

We where moving forward. With Trump at the controls that train has not just stopped but is gathering steam going backwards.

I hope that's clearer.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #42205  
Old 09-22-2019, 11:49 AM
Ukulele Ike is online now
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,830
Back before the Income Tax.
__________________
Uke
  #42206  
Old 09-22-2019, 12:19 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,403
Back before that terrible Emancipation Act.
  #42207  
Old 09-22-2019, 12:55 PM
enipla is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,783
The Denver brown cloud. Lived there. Remember it well. Trump supporters don't remember. Or just don't care.

I'm sure there are other pics of other cities.

Trump is rolling back emission standards for cars. We now have the most efficient, safest and reliable cars that have ever been made. And he want's to punish car companies for making them.

I don't think that Trump is necessarily evil. He's to much of a moron to be evil.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #42208  
Old 09-22-2019, 12:57 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,403
"I hereby order all car companies to start making coal burning cars, using our wonderful clean American Coal. MAGA!"
  #42209  
Old 09-22-2019, 02:26 PM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,735
Back before the War of Northern Aggression
__________________
"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out." --Václav Havel
  #42210  
Old 09-22-2019, 07:50 PM
Muffin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Great White North
Posts: 20,673
I wonder if the automakers would even bother to re-tool on the assumption that the tool will be gone in thirteen months, so just keep on keeping on by voluntarily exceeding the regs.
__________________
Hour after hour, day after day, we paddled and sang and slept under the hot sun on the northern ocean, wanting never to return.
  #42211  
Old 09-22-2019, 08:36 PM
Tim@T-Bonham.net is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 15,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I wonder if the automakers would even bother to re-tool on the assumption that the tool will be gone in thirteen months, so just keep on keeping on by voluntarily exceeding the regs.
Particularly since their Asian & European competitors are unlikely to spend any money re-tooling for this -- they'll just keep using the same designs they sell all over the world.

And Detroit automakers well remember what happened years ago when Detroit kept producing the same cars they always had, and the imports were offering smaller, more efficient, higher-mileage cars -- buyers went for those, and Detroit automakers came close to bankruptcy.
  #42212  
Old 09-22-2019, 08:38 PM
mjmlabs's Avatar
mjmlabs is offline
A Rather Dubious Fellow Indeed
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Last Green Valley
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
... the tool will be gone in thirteen months ...
Oh, how I hope that comes to pass. But technically it'll be 16 months until Celebration Inauguration Day.

Last edited by mjmlabs; 09-22-2019 at 08:39 PM.
  #42213  
Old 09-22-2019, 09:19 PM
Tatterdemalion is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@T-Bonham.net View Post
Particularly since their Asian & European competitors are unlikely to spend any money re-tooling for this -- they'll just keep using the same designs they sell all over the world.

And Detroit automakers well remember what happened years ago when Detroit kept producing the same cars they always had, and the imports were offering smaller, more efficient, higher-mileage cars -- buyers went for those, and Detroit automakers came close to bankruptcy.
Frankly, I don't think they do remember. Their time horizon is the next quarterly earnings call.

There's no other reason that they would all be cutting or ending production of compact sedans.

I notice that Honda, for one, isn't.
  #42214  
Old 09-22-2019, 09:43 PM
Monty's Avatar
Monty is online now
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 23,621
So, where are all of these American cars I see in Beijing produced? If they're produced in the US, they still have to meet the emission requirements set by the PRC goverment. Nah, I just don't see how this "policy", anymore than any other so-called idea from the so-called president, is even remotely workable, let alone enforceable.
  #42215  
Old 09-22-2019, 10:16 PM
Railer13 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,023
Speaking of cars and Republicans...

VP Pence arrives on Mackinac Island with eight-vehicle motorcade

Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence arrived at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in an eight-vehicle motorcade Saturday, prompting cries of "sacrilege" on social media.

Cars are generally banned on the island, and that century-old ban is integral to its charm.

When President Gerald Ford visited the island in 1975 — the only sitting president to make such a visit — he and first lady Betty Ford traveled by horse-drawn carriage.

Pence, who spoke at the Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference, is the first sitting vice president to visit the island. He traveled to and from the airport with a cluster of monster SUVs shipped to the island Friday night.

It was the first-ever motorcade on Mackinac.
  #42216  
Old 09-22-2019, 10:40 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,506
Dinesh D'Souza calls out Greta Thunberg as an example of Aryan propaganda being perpetrated by the Left.
https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/sta...48457191510016
  #42217  
Old 09-22-2019, 10:54 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 27,552
And yet all the American Nazis vote GOP…

ETA: Here's Mr. D'Souza's ex-girlfriend throwing a Nazi salute to Trump on national television, btw.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-22-2019 at 10:58 PM.
  #42218  
Old 09-23-2019, 12:46 AM
Tim@T-Bonham.net is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 15,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatterdemalion View Post
There's no other reason that they would all be cutting or ending production of compact sedans.

I notice that Honda, for one, isn't.
Well, Honda is selling all the compact sedans they make. Detroit carmakers, no such sales numbers.
When your product isn't selling, it's only good business to cut down on production.

Last edited by Tim@T-Bonham.net; 09-23-2019 at 12:47 AM.
  #42219  
Old 09-23-2019, 12:52 AM
Tatterdemalion is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@T-Bonham.net View Post
Well, Honda is selling all the compact sedans they make. Detroit carmakers, no such sales numbers.
When your product isn't selling, it's only good business to cut down on production.
In other words, repeat their mistakes.
  #42220  
Old 09-23-2019, 08:13 AM
DesertDog is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mesa, Ariz.
Posts: 5,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Quote:
It was the first-ever motorcade on Mackinac.
And Donny Two-scoops is thinking, Dammit! That coulda been me!
  #42221  
Old 09-23-2019, 09:12 AM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
And Donny Two-scoops is thinking, Dammit! That coulda been me!
Ooooo... wait and see. Mikey is going to have to pay for one-upping Former President Trump* on that. Shame, shame Mikey. You know that Donnie has to be first at everything. I wonder what Mike's punishment will be?
__________________
"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out." --Václav Havel

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 09-23-2019 at 09:12 AM.
  #42222  
Old 09-23-2019, 09:15 AM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 27,552
His punishment will be having to play second fiddle to Trump. For anyone involved with Trump, that's the only punishment for transgressions (and the only reward for successes).

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-23-2019 at 09:16 AM.
  #42223  
Old 09-23-2019, 10:17 AM
MacCat's Avatar
MacCat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
And Donny Two-scoops is thinking, Dammit! That coulda been me!
Maybe in a tank...
  #42224  
Old 09-23-2019, 02:19 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,506
Virginia state Senator runs an ad telling gun control advocates that she's not afraid to "shoot them down".
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/virgi...0849d472b1517?
  #42225  
Old 09-23-2019, 02:55 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 27,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Virginia state Senator runs an ad telling gun control advocates that she's not afraid to "shoot them down".
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/virgi...0849d472b1517?
Quote:
The name of the digital agency purportedly involved has not yet been released, though Chase said one of its representatives “admitted fault.” She has vowed to reveal the name of the company if it does not publicly apologize by noon on Monday.
It's well past noon in Virginia now. Have they apologized? If not, has Sen. Chase revealed their name?

ETA: A quick google says no and no.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-23-2019 at 02:56 PM.
  #42226  
Old 09-23-2019, 06:05 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,403
" She has vowed to reveal the name of the company if it does not publicly apologize by noon on Monday."

And then if there is any proof that her campaign actually signed off on the ad and approved the language used.....

she will be sued into oblivion.
  #42227  
Old 09-23-2019, 06:17 PM
raventhief's Avatar
raventhief is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post

They really care about the law, don't they?
  #42228  
Old 09-23-2019, 07:57 PM
enipla is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
They really care about the law, don't they?
Would have liked to see a grandmother block that parade.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #42229  
Old 09-23-2019, 08:38 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,506
Fox News analyst calls Greta Thunberg "a mentally ill Swedish girl." Asperger's is not mentally ill.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status...84552387538949
  #42230  
Old 09-23-2019, 08:46 PM
Ukulele Ike is online now
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Fox News analyst calls Greta Thunberg "a mentally ill Swedish girl." Asperger's is not mentally ill.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status...84552387538949
Th’ wingnuts are going CRAZY over Thunberg.

Just take a peek at the comments on Fox and Breitbart.
__________________
Uke
  #42231  
Old 09-24-2019, 08:26 AM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Fox News analyst calls Greta Thunberg "a mentally ill Swedish girl." Asperger's is not mentally ill.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status...84552387538949
Huh. She's already at GandhiCon 3 ? Nice !
  #42232  
Old 09-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Gyrate is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,971
You can always tell who (or whose messaging) the right-wingers are most worried about, because they point the smear machine in their direction and crank it up to 11. Now that it's not pointed at Hillary permanently it's been on a constant swivel recently, including targeting Biden, Sanders, Warren, AOC, O'Rourke and Thunberg. Funny how there's always a ready supply of bullshit memes prepared for circulation on any topic.
  #42233  
Old 09-24-2019, 09:23 AM
Robot Arm is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 23,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
You can always tell who (or whose messaging) the right-wingers are most worried about, because they point the smear machine in their direction and crank it up to 11. Now that it's not pointed at Hillary permanently it's been on a constant swivel recently, including targeting Biden, Sanders, Warren, AOC, O'Rourke and Thunberg. Funny how there's always a ready supply of bullshit memes prepared for circulation on any topic.
Ready. Fire. Aim.
  #42234  
Old 09-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Swampwolf is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 2,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Fox News analyst calls Greta Thunberg "a mentally ill Swedish girl." Asperger's is not mentally ill.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status...84552387538949
She's not being called mentally ill because of Asperger's. She's being called that because she doesn't goose-step in time with the superior Party, plus she's a girl--a foreign girl!--telling greedy rich white people that they're wrong. And, of course, she's been duped into thinking climate change is real.

She's obviously insane. And probably has two fathers.
  #42235  
Old 09-24-2019, 10:24 AM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampwolf View Post
She's not being called mentally ill because of Asperger's. She's being called that because she doesn't goose-step in time with the superior Party, plus she's a girl--a foreign girl!--telling greedy rich white people that they're wrong. And, of course, she's been duped into thinking climate change is real.

She's obviously insane. And probably has two fathers.
Most Republicans know nothing about her whatsoever. All they know is that she is the current target of the Two Minute Hate.
  #42236  
Old 09-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Ukulele Ike is online now
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,830
It looks like climate change has now become a gender issue.

https://theslot.jezebel.com/the-miso...ics-1838397419

To be fair, we’ve always known that protecting the environment is an issue only concerning girls and homersexual queers, but it’s nice to have the psychologists sign off on it.
__________________
Uke
  #42237  
Old 09-24-2019, 11:58 AM
mcgato is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoboken
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampwolf View Post
She's not being called mentally ill because of Asperger's. She's being called that because she doesn't goose-step in time with the superior Party, plus she's a girl--a foreign girl!--telling greedy rich white people that they're wrong. And, of course, she's been duped into thinking climate change is real.

She's obviously insane. And probably has two fathers.
One of those fathers will turn out to be George Soros, too.
  #42238  
Old 09-24-2019, 04:04 PM
Railer13 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Fox News analyst calls Greta Thunberg "a mentally ill Swedish girl." Asperger's is not mentally ill.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status...84552387538949
To their credit, Fox News apologized to Thunberg for Knowles' remarks and said that they had no plans for him to appear as a guest on future shows.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...g-mentally-ill
  #42239  
Old 09-24-2019, 04:17 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
To their credit, Fox News apologized to Thunberg for Knowles' remarks and said that they had no plans for him to appear as a guest on future shows.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...g-mentally-ill
But Laura Ingraham then compared her to Children of the Corn and Fox hasn't said a thing about that.
  #42240  
Old 09-24-2019, 04:21 PM
Railer13 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
But Laura Ingraham then compared her to Children of the Corn and Fox hasn't said a thing about that.
Ingraham is one of their stars. God forbid that they besmirch her impeccable reputation (and maybe lose some viewers.) The other hack was a guest and thus disposable.
  #42241  
Old 09-25-2019, 08:44 AM
DesertDog is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mesa, Ariz.
Posts: 5,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Th’ wingnuts are going CRAZY over Thunberg.

Just take a peek at the comments on Fox and Breitbart.
"Open the door on this outhouse, stick your head in the hole, and take a deep breath."

Uh, no thanks.
  #42242  
Old 09-25-2019, 08:55 AM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,426
Greta Thunberg is certainly getting a fine introduction to the American right wing. I bet she has received exactly zero such welcomes anywhere else in the world.
  #42243  
Old 09-25-2019, 02:21 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,506
nm, wrong thread

Last edited by Rick Kitchen; 09-25-2019 at 02:22 PM.
  #42244  
Old 09-25-2019, 02:41 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Greta Thunberg is certainly getting a fine introduction to the American right wing. I bet she has received exactly zero such welcomes anywhere else in the world.
The fine, upstanding Christian folks are sending her insults and threats. Nice people.
  #42245  
Old 09-26-2019, 04:53 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,506
A black girl at the school where Karen Pence teaches was attacked by sixth grade boys who cut off her dreadlocks because they were ugly.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sixth-...ristian-school
  #42246  
Old 09-26-2019, 06:11 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 27,552
That story makes me angry. I hope there is a follow-up story shortly, detailing the punishment for the evildoers.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-26-2019 at 06:11 PM.
  #42247  
Old 09-26-2019, 07:02 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
That story makes me angry. I hope there is a follow-up story shortly, detailing the punishment for the evildoers.
Oh, not to worry. I'm sure they'll find a way to punish the girl.
  #42248  
Old 09-26-2019, 09:22 PM
mhendo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 25,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
A black girl at the school where Karen Pence teaches was attacked by sixth grade boys who cut off her dreadlocks because they were ugly.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sixth-...ristian-school
This is shitty, and I feel terribly for the girl.

But how the fuck does this qualify as a stupid Republican idea? I don't care if Karen Pence teaches there, this is basically a story about kids being bullies, which happens everywhere.

Was race a factor? Possibly? Probably? Certainly? Still doesn't belong in this thread.

Last edited by mhendo; 09-26-2019 at 09:24 PM.
  #42249  
Old 09-26-2019, 11:06 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendo View Post
This is shitty, and I feel terribly for the girl.

But how the fuck does this qualify as a stupid Republican idea? I don't care if Karen Pence teaches there, this is basically a story about kids being bullies, which happens everywhere.

Was race a factor? Possibly? Probably? Certainly? Still doesn't belong in this thread.
YMMV
  #42250  
Old 09-27-2019, 09:05 AM
Maus Magill is offline
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nolensville, TN
Posts: 7,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendo View Post
This is shitty, and I feel terribly for the girl.

But how the fuck does this qualify as a stupid Republican idea? I don't care if Karen Pence teaches there, this is basically a story about kids being bullies, which happens everywhere.

Was race a factor? Possibly? Probably? Certainly? Still doesn't belong in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
YMMV
Honestly, I agree. This is hardly different from Clothahump posting about (probably fictitious*) randos.


* Holy crap! I spelt that correctly on the first try!
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017