Old 10-07-2019, 02:42 AM

The 1st Amendment is a MUCH bigger threat to America than the 2nd Amendment

The 1st Amendment is a MUCH MUCH bigger threat to America than the 2nd Amendment. (An extra thousand deaths per month? Who cares! There'd still be 200,000 dead Americans every month.)

It is the 1st Amendment that is destroying our country. Just for starters it provokes disinformation and unifies haters. Susan Rice says
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Rice (Rhodes Scholar, 24th National Security Advisor of the U.S., etc.)

Our domestic political divisions are, in fact, at the moment our greatest national security vulnerability. (The Russians figured that out.)
This video touches on the attacks of social medias, the new technology which makes the 1st Amendment so dangerous. (Which is cause and which effect?)

I expect to be attacked by BOTH the Left and the Right for this post. But note that I am not calling for a direct repeal of the First Amendment (as if that were even possible). (I'm an INTP not like most of you, who are INTJ's .) I just want us all to FIRST grok what the real problems are; THEN we can seek solutions. ... If it's not too late.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:17 AM
Charter Member

Do you have a case to make, or are we supposed to sit through your video before we find out why you're saying this?
Old 10-07-2019, 03:36 AM

I think the OP has been reading too much H.L. Mencken.

Also, Myers-Briggs is pseudo-scientific bullshit.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:14 AM

INTP? Into toilet paper?
Old 10-07-2019, 05:03 AM

Leave the Constitution alone (speaking generally). Social Media is only an issue if there is too much censorship, like other venues of expression. Hiding words and ideas does not inhibit thoughts and reality. The problems will still exist, just will be masked, while taking freedom from the greater and responsible majority.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Also, Myers-Briggs is pseudo-scientific bullshit.
Another idiot. A Myers-Briggs test asks "Are you an introvert?", phrasing that question five different ways. At the end it tells you whether you're an introvert or not!

One can make complaints about such a test, e.g.
(a) it just tells you what you already knew, or
(b) it can be manipulated (an extrovert might answer the questions pretending to be an introvert)

... but calling it "pseudo-scientific bullshit" shows a staggering level of ignorance and/or confusion. The claim that Jupiter in square with Venus shows introversion is pseudo-science. How, pray tell, is answering "Yes" to the question "Are you an introvert?" in the same category?
Old 10-07-2019, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
An extra thousand deaths per month? Who cares!
Ugh.

If we are thinking about limiting the 1st Amendment, can we start with you?
Old 10-07-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
... but calling it "pseudo-scientific bullshit" shows a staggering level of ignorance and/or confusion. The claim that Jupiter in square with Venus shows introversion is pseudo-science. How, pray tell, is answering "Yes" to the question "Are you an introvert?" in the same category?
Of course it is. How would I know if I'm an introvert or not? It's cool to be an introvert these days, so plenty of people have convinced themselves that they're deep and self-reflecting instead of what they actually are, which is just plain boring. People lie all the time, and they lie to themselves the most.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:13 AM

I'm not sure what the argument is. Anyway, social media has no intrinsic link to the first amendment that I can see. Also I don't think USA has the free-est speech in the world so why would they be the only ones in trouble?
Old 10-07-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
I'm not sure what the argument is. Anyway, social media has no intrinsic link to the first amendment that I can see. Also I don't think USA has the free-est speech in the world so why would they be the only ones in trouble?
Some European countries ban hate speech which is legal in the U.S.

Also, much "free speech" in the U.S. is served up by politicians or trolls in the pay of big corporations. This is much less common in Europe, in part because they don't have an infatuation with treating Freedom of Speech as an invitation to the loudest, best-financed liars.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:23 AM

You say you'll change the constitution, well, you know
We all wanna change your head

You're exactly the kind of idiot John Lennon was singing about.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Also, much "free speech" in the U.S. is served up by politicians or trolls in the pay of big corporations.
I'd ask for a cite, but first you're going to have to explain how you even quantify "free speech".
Old 10-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

Do you really want the current administration deciding what speech is to be allowed and disallowed? If you do, when the ship of state inevitably rights itself and the current administration is just an aberration in the rear view mirror, do you want the administration that takes over deciding?

The difference between libertarians and everybody else on the political spectrum is that everybody else dreams how wonderful it will be if their friends are voted into power, and grant government power accordingly while libertarians dream how horrible it will be if their enemies are voted into power, and grant government power accordingly.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Do you really want the current administration deciding what speech is to be allowed and disallowed? ...
Let me try larger fonts:

Again, I do NOT advocate repeal of the First Amendment. I am an INTP, not an INTJ. I am describing a very serious problem facing the U.S.A.
I do not have a solution.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:39 AM

I get that domestic division is a huge problem, but I don't see how the 1st Amendment makes this worse. Such divisions would remain with or without the 1st Amendment.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Well, you definitely have a problem.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
How, pray tell, is answering "Yes" to the question "Are you an introvert?" in the same category?
I'm not sure if you are putting on an act in this thread or not. I suspect so, as your posting history indicates an effort to back assertions and a dictinct lack of varying font sizes.

But since you ask, Meyer-Briggs is pseudo-science because it's based mostly on untested, unverified bunkum. Yes, introversion/extroversion is measurable and useful. Some problems here: it's only 1 of the four axes in Meyer-Briggs, it's presented as a binary either/or thing, the test itself is inconsistent providing different answers on repeated trials (not for everybody but for enough people to be troubling), and both academic and professional psychologists largely eschew its use (yes, they do use introversion/extroversion but again, just 1 axis out of several).
Old 10-07-2019, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
INTP? Into toilet paper?
INTP is one of the 16 personality types proposed by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator system -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%...Type_Indicator

Quote:
Another idiot. A Myers-Briggs test asks "Are you an introvert?", phrasing that question five different ways. At the end it tells you whether you're an introvert or not!

One can make complaints about such a test, e.g.
(a) it just tells you what you already knew, or
(b) it can be manipulated (an extrovert might answer the questions pretending to be an introvert)

It's pseudo-scientific in that it posits the existence of 16 essential human personality categories based on four bivalent traits. There's no scientific basis to support choosing those four pairs of traits as essential or the resulting 16 categories as being a representative and comprehensive field of essential categories of human personalities.

Last edited by Acsenray; 10-07-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
So, you're part of the precipitate, then...
Old 10-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The 1st Amendment is a MUCH MUCH bigger threat to America than the 2nd Amendment.

It is the 1st Amendment that is destroying our country.
The 1st Amendment is...
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
45 words. These 45 words, as assembled above and voted upon by politicians is "destroying our country".

Yet, you can't figure out how to fix it. That's interesting. I mean, it's 45 words. That's not a lot, even an INTP could manage to read 45 words and form an opinion on them, yes? You believe these words are destroying our country but can't even suggest what part of this single sentence is the bad part.

10 of the 45 words are about redress of grievances. Is that the bad part?
Old 10-07-2019, 12:42 PM

I'm glad we're in the Pit so I can comment that you people have no imagination.

The First Amendment per se, is not itself, the huge problem — anyone who read OP would understand that much. It amused me to title OP the way I did: Setting aside the whole issue of "First Amendment" would any of you agree that the cesspool of political speech and partisanship America is faced with today is a serious problem? Far far more significant than Guns IMO.

My relatively brief OP emphasized a quote by Susan Rice:
Our domestic political divisions are, in fact, at the moment our greatest national security vulnerability. (The Russians figured that out.)
(Political divisions caused by the cacophony of lies and half-truths from American "speech.") Do any of you agree with her? Do you think her comments are more important than septimus' joking way of linking the two amendments?

Or is it just more fun to pick on septimus than to discuss America's serious problems?
Old 10-07-2019, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The First Amendment per se, is not itself, the huge problem — anyone who read OP would understand that much.
The OP mentioned the 1st amendment 5 separate times, outlining the fact that it is:
a threat to America
destroying our country
provokes disinformation
unifies haters
and that social media makes it dangerous, or perhaps the other way around?

You then suggest that we should grok what the real problems are, which apparently isn't the 1st amendment at all, but something mentioned in your post by literally the only text of your OP that wasn't written by you.

BTW, I agree that our political divisions are a significant threat, I just disagree that it has much at all to do with the 1st or 2nd amendments.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:18 PM
Charter Member

Our political divisions are a problem, in that currently the associated rhetoric makes meaningful discussion difficult. Despite that, the fact that we have them is one of the things that make America great. In the long run, the best idea wins, or at least really bad ideas tend to die over time (not all, not all the time, not in everyone - but generally they do)
We have seen societies were political divisions were/are not articulated. I don’t even have to Godwinize the thread - look at China to see what probems that can bring.
Also, hands off the Bill of Rights.
Myers-Brigg = Much-Bokum
Last:Cheesesteak funny. MrDibble even funnier.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:26 PM

While I despise the trolls, liars, Russian bots, rightwing fake "news" and the borderline Nazi right wingers currently spewing their lying shit, I do not want the administration - especially THIS CURRENT administration deciding what will be allowed. Fuck NO.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I'm glad we're in the Pit so I can comment that you people have no imagination.

The First Amendment per se, is not itself, the huge problem — anyone who read OP would understand that much. It amused me to title OP the way I did: Setting aside the whole issue of "First Amendment" would any of you agree that the cesspool of political speech and partisanship America is faced with today is a serious problem? Far far more significant than Guns IMO.

My relatively brief OP emphasized a quote by Susan Rice:
(Political divisions caused by the cacophony of lies and half-truths from American "speech.") Do any of you agree with her? Do you think her comments are more important than septimus' joking way of linking the two amendments?

Or is it just more fun to pick on septimus than to discuss America's serious problems?
So, disagreeing with septimus's groupthink is bad think? So sorry.

You realize that you are actually part of the problem?

Last edited by octopus; 10-07-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
So, disagreeing with septimus's groupthink is bad think? So sorry.
That all the voices in septimus' head are saying the same thing doesn't constitute groupthink.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 10-09-2019, 03:54 PM

Perhaps this Rachel Maddow segment will help disabuse Dopers of their ignorance.

Freedom of speech is Freedom to Lie, and is destroying information dissemination and intelligent factual politics.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Of course it is. How would I know if I'm an introvert or not? It's cool to be an introvert these days, so plenty of people have convinced themselves that they're deep and self-reflecting instead of what they actually are, which is just plain boring. People lie all the time, and they lie to themselves the most.
I NEVER lie to myself...

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!
Old 10-09-2019, 04:07 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
The 1st Amendment is a MUCH MUCH bigger threat to America than the 2nd Amendment. (An extra thousand deaths per month? Who cares! There'd still be 200,000 dead Americans every month.)

It is the 1st Amendment that is destroying our country. Just for starters it provokes disinformation and unifies haters. Susan Rice says

This video touches on the attacks of social medias, the new technology which makes the 1st Amendment so dangerous. (Which is cause and which effect?)

I expect to be attacked by BOTH the Left and the Right for this post. But note that I am not calling for a direct repeal of the First Amendment (as if that were even possible). (I'm an INTP not like most of you, who are INTJ's .) I just want us all to FIRST grok what the real problems are; THEN we can seek solutions. ... If it's not too late.
I tried to grok it but basically just got a prompt back. Not sure what that means.

I didn't watch the video...I will actually try and slog through it if I get some time tonight, but just commenting on the assertion that the 1st is a bigger threat than the 2nd I'd go with...neither are actually threats to America. But what you seem to be saying the issue with the 1st is (i.e. it allows for hate speech) is actually a feature, not a bug. Also, even in places that heavily censor speech, there doesn't seem any way to stifle hate speech. What you end up doing is just forcing it underground.

As an example, look at China. Now, they HEAVILY censor speech in China. Yet, the Chinese have found myriad ways around the government censors, including intricate and ever changing codes and phrases. In many European countries, DESPITE heavy censorship you still have plenty of hate speech, or hateful people who are still speaking and spewing their hate. So, I don't think the 1st is the issue, and I don't think it's a threat to the US. Nor do I think that getting rid of the 1st would 'fix' this issue in any way. It's not going to stop hate speech, or hateful fucks from spewing their hate.

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!
Old 10-09-2019, 04:18 PM

Surprised no one has posted this yet: New York Times op-ed: Free Speech is Killing Us
Old 10-09-2019, 04:31 PM

The problem is, America the nation state and the American Constitution are being barraged by technological and social change with which it cannot keep up. Constitutions, like societies, have life cycles: they are born, they live, they decline and become something else. That's what's happening now, I'm afraid, and like you, I don't have answers. I don't think anyone does.

What I hope is that things don't get so bad before the Christianized military takes over and tries to create its own dystopian God state.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
The problem is, America the nation state and the American Constitution are being barraged by technological and social change with which it cannot keep up. Constitutions, like societies, have life cycles: they are born, they live, they decline and become something else. That's what's happening now, I'm afraid, and like you, I don't have answers. I don't think anyone does.

What I hope is that things don't get so bad before the Christianized military takes over and tries to create its own dystopian God state.
Coming from you this is hilarious. You are Lefty Trump. You name call. You are hysterical. You are unhinged. How could we possibly live without an Asahi gem like this.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=882921

Heal thyself

Last edited by madsircool; 10-09-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Perhaps this Rachel Maddow segment will help disabuse Dopers of their ignorance.

Freedom of speech is Freedom to Lie, and is destroying information dissemination and intelligent factual politics.
And you’d give the power to regulate speech to the most powerful entity in the world? Are you insane or retarded?
Old 10-09-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:

A small percentage of Americans even pay attention to the political barbs, mis-information, lies, pundit-speak, etc. that gets spewed everyday. Although the % that does pay attention is higher for the users on this site.

Most people go to work, feed themselves, take care of their kids, watch their favorite TV shows, worry about how they're going to pay their bills that are coming up, try to get a good nights sleep, and then do it again the next day.

I highly doubt, that the penetration of the problem you speak of will grow much, it's just the way Americans live their lives. The majority just don't care. As such, it will hardly destroy our country.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:27 PM

"The pen is mightier then they sword" Yes freedom has certain components that has the populous hold a certain amount of power and to do as they wish with it (or else it's not a freedom). That last presidential election showed it's ability to be manipulated by foreign and hostel powers to their advantage, but in giving freedom it includes the ability to make mistakes and the faith that those who are given freedom will learn from them, adapt and overcome. Ultimately being better then they started. It is the growth of a child leaning about life through choices both good and bad. But without that there is no child, no freedom, only the rule by dark hands.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsircool View Post
Coming from you this is hilarious. You are Lefty Trump. You name call. You are hysterical. You are unhinged. How could we possibly live without an Asahi gem like this.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=882921

Heal thyself
Nah, no healing necessary. I'm a realist. I realize that the America we know is probably gone forever. I have accepted this; it's the rest of America that's going to be losing its shit.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little View Post
As such, it will hardly destroy our country.
It will destroy our country. We won't recognize that we've been destroyed until it's too late.

My fellow liberals have been telling me to get a grip for the last 2-3 years but it's beginning to sink in that the republican party is anti-democratic and is perfectly willing to destroy democracy to achieve their vision of America.

The reason the rest of the country isn't outraged is that they don't understand what it means to live under an oligarchy with disproportionate power, and what it means when we can no longer rely on democratic mechanisms to respond to the concerns of the masses.

In 1776, we embarked on an experiment of self-rule; in 2017, we embarked on an entirely different experiment: the experiment of minority rule.

Get used to it.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:01 PM

This country will not be destroyed by anything short of a comet or nuclear war. The country will change, as it has dozens of times in the past, and we will adapt, as we have done in the past. And there will be alarmists like you and the OP saying the country is being destroyed, as they have wrongly and stupidly said in the past.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:04 PM

The current administration consists of criminals and fucktards on the right, and lazy, scared, career politicians on the left. This is the current administration, a mere glitch that will eventually right itself with new elections, and progressive democrats that aren't afraid to stand up to the fuckers in charge.

Last edited by atimnie; 10-09-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atimnie View Post
The current administration consists of criminals and fucktards on the right, and lazy, scared, career politicians on the left. This is the current administration, a mere glitch that will eventually right itself with new elections, and progressive democrats that aren't afraid to stand up to the fuckers in charge.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!

Keep whistling in the dark, mate.

Memo to you: it's not Trump that's the problem...it's the bloody fucking millions of morons who continue to support Trumpism. This isn't a tornado that will soon pass; this is a manmade disaster manufactured by millions of angry white christian bitter-as-fuck morons. And ain't nothin you or I can do to appease 'em.

Like I said, get used to it.

Last edited by asahi; 10-09-2019 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:27 PM

OP, if you want to say Freedom of Speech is a threat, by all means, do so. You probably see Freedom of the Press as destructive, too. But what do Freedom of Religion, the Right to Assemble Peaceably, and the Right to Redress Grievances have to do with your complaints?

The problem isn't Freedom of Speech; it's that there are too few voices using Freedom of Speech to demand truth.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Nah, no healing necessary. I'm a realist. I realize that the America we know is probably gone forever. I have accepted this; it's the rest of America that's going to be losing its shit.
Why does everything have to be the end of the world around here? I cannot imagine how SDMB would have been during WWII or the Civil War.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
'Progressive' democrats won't be what you hope they'll be if they ever seize power.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:38 AM

I've already noted that OP title is whimsical. But the whimsy contains a dire message: Push gun control (for example) and America's real problems just get worse. I'm explaining my thesis — whatever it is — very poorly? Guilty as charged.

And I have no solution to offer. Repeal the First Amendment? No, that ain't it. Maybe one of you will discern the message and propose a solution. Ridicule the messengers? No, that ain't the solution either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
... The problem isn't Freedom of Speech; it's that there are too few voices using Freedom of Speech to demand truth.
OK. How are we going to do that? I'm just asking here for the problem to be recognized; but Dopers would rather ridicule me than admit there's a problem. Thanks to nelliebly for helping articulate the problem, rather than joining the game "Laugh at OP."

(And if I don't have a solution, does that mean I shouldn't mention the problem?)

Lies and false facts are now almost becoming the rule rather than the exception. News shows which tell the truth are now assumed to be lying, since lying is the norm. And just as "lierally" literally doesn't mean "literally" anymore, so "corruption" has become an unusable term as Rachel Maddow complains in the recent segment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definition, 2018
cor·rup·tion
/kəˈrəpSH(ə)n/
Pronounce
noun
noun: corruption; plural noun: corruptions

1. dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
"the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places"

2. the process by which something, typically a word or expression, is changed from its original use or meaning to one that is regarded as erroneous or debased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Definition, 2020
cor·rup·tion
/kəˈrəpSH(ə)n/
Pronounce
noun
noun: corruption; plural noun: corruptions

1. dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
"the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places"

2. efforts to combat corruption by the press or politicians.
"the White House denounced as corruption efforts to expose high-level corruption"

3. the process by which something, typically a word or expression, is changed from its original use or meaning to one that is regarded as erroneous or debased.
"he watched two different news channels, so wasn't sure whether the impeachers were guilty of corruption or guilty of corruption, but he was annoyed by linguistic corruption"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

@ octopus — Watchathink? Are the Patriots going all the way this year?
Old 10-10-2019, 01:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm a realist.
That's not the impression you're putting forth on this board.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:45 AM

Between septimus and asahi, I think we should be focusing on the 25th Amendment, not the 1st.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT View Post
I tried to grok it but basically just got a prompt back. Not sure what that means.

I didn't watch the video...I will actually try and slog through it if I get some time tonight, but just commenting on the assertion that the 1st is a bigger threat than the 2nd I'd go with...neither are actually threats to America. But what you seem to be saying the issue with the 1st is (i.e. it allows for hate speech) is actually a feature, not a bug. Also, even in places that heavily censor speech, there doesn't seem any way to stifle hate speech. What you end up doing is just forcing it underground.

As an example, look at China. Now, they HEAVILY censor speech in China. Yet, the Chinese have found myriad ways around the government censors, including intricate and ever changing codes and phrases. In many European countries, DESPITE heavy censorship you still have plenty of hate speech, or hateful people who are still speaking and spewing their hate. So, I don't think the 1st is the issue, and I don't think it's a threat to the US. Nor do I think that getting rid of the 1st would 'fix' this issue in any way. It's not going to stop hate speech, or hateful fucks from spewing their hate.
I'm fairly certain that most people who want to get rid of Freedom of Speech are either people who had the privilege of being born and lived their entire life in a society where that right is enshrined and as such have not the sightless clue on what not having it entails, or they are insecure, would be despots that daydream of having the power to control what people say or even think.

Between dangerously clueless and dangerously authoritarian those are the last people who should be trusted with "solutions" to the moral panic of the day.

To be honest, such people remind me of anti-vaxers, they were born and raised in an environment made safe by the very thing they fear and loathe without even realizing how much worse things would be if they had things done to their liking.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
This country will not be destroyed by anything short of a comet or nuclear war. The country will change, as it has dozens of times in the past, and we will adapt, as we have done in the past. And there will be alarmists like you and the OP saying the country is being destroyed, as they have wrongly and stupidly said in the past.
Certain changes amount to destruction, especially for those of us who face becoming permanent second-class citizens in a system further rigged in favor of a historically privileged group.

“Destruction” is a metaphor, but maybe it’s not a big thing to someone who expects to benefit.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:20 AM

This isn't a tornado that will soon pass; this is a manmade disaster manufactured by millions of angry white christian bitter-as-fuck morons. And ain't nothin you or I can do to appease 'em.

We had the same shit, to a lesser degree, with Bush Sr., then we had 8 years of Clinton. Then we had the Shrub, then Obama. Neither Bush, despite their best efforts, managed to destroy the country. We had right wing mania during their years, then we swung back to the left. We'll do that again, if not in the next election, then the one after that. This country will survive, unless global warming gets us. Now why don't you be a good little troll and go back to watching Alex Jones videos.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
This isn't a tornado that will soon pass; this is a manmade disaster manufactured by millions of angry white christian bitter-as-fuck morons. And ain't nothin you or I can do to appease 'em.

We had the same shit, to a lesser degree, with Bush Sr., then we had 8 years of Clinton. Then we had the Shrub, then Obama. Neither Bush, despite their best efforts, managed to destroy the country. We had right wing mania during their years, then we swung back to the left.
Everything is unprecedented until it happens. What is happening now is a group of people power altering the functioning systems of democracy, making it harder for them to lose elections.