Old 11-18-2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
If you acknowledge that that is what they are escaping from, then why do you need dehumanizing conspiracy theories to explain why they are coming?

Is it that you want to dehumanize these people as much as possible, so that you are not bothered when they are subjected to abuse and mistreatment? Or is it that you are actually stupid enough to believe these theories?
You know, on one hand, Americans have decided that being an "economic inmigrant" is akin to being the love child of Brutus and Benedict Arnold. Apparently "I want my children to have a better life" must be purely ideological, and those who inmigrate for this reason must be able to live on nothing but air without taking American jobs (which are American by virtue of being in the US, not of requiring American citizenship/nationality, being linked to American national security or any of that).

And on the other, when someone runs yelling "heeeeeeelp! These bad hombres want to kill me, rape my children, throw our corpses to the dogs!", then it's "we don't want people from shithole countries!"

It makes perfect sense, of course, but only if you're the kind of person who's convinced that anybody else will be a more desirable employee and citizen than you are.

Last edited by Nava; 11-18-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Care to borrow a comb, Rick?
?????
Old 11-18-2018, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Yeah, this is over my head as well.
Maybe the comb should be fine-toothed. That's what my impression was. To go through things with a fine-toothed comb.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:35 AM

I assumed his hair was mussed because of a woosh of air.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:57 AM

nm

Last edited by jayjay; 11-18-2018 at 02:58 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:29 AM

Borrowing a comb is like borrowing a chap stick.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

I got your chap stick right here, pal.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Care to borrow a comb, Rick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
Hmmm, I'm lost here, unless it's because he's being... kooky?
Quote:
Yeah, this is over my head as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
Maybe the comb should be fine-toothed. That's what my impression was. To go through things with a fine-toothed comb.

(I hate having to explain a joke. It makes me question whether I was the one who missed the point.)

Railer13 cited a dubious source in post #5090 to offer what I saw as sarcastic "support" for magellan01's insinuation that Soros is funding the caravan.

Rick Kitchen responded in post #5093 with a well-sourced attack on the source's pedigree, implying both that the source is unreliable and that he thought Railer13 was seriously supporting magellan01's insinuation.

That's a whoosh, in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
I assumed his hair was mussed because of a woosh of air.
Yes. Well done.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
It makes perfect sense, of course, but only if you're the kind of person who's convinced that anybody else will be a more desirable employee and citizen than you are.
I think you've put your finger on it.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:58 AM

Edd "Kookie" Byrnes started out as the valet parking guy at Dino's, the club/restaurant next door to 77 Sunset Strip where private detectives Stuart Bailey (Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.) and Jeff Spencer (Roger Smith, who's married to Ann-Margret) operated. Over the years of the series (1958-1964) Kookie helped out with cases and eventually morphed into a detective himself.

Kookie was a heartthrob (though he never did anything for me-- I was besotted with Zimbalist) and his hair was a big thing. The catchphrase associated with him (I think it was even a song at one point) was "Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb."

Okay? Everyone good?
Old 11-18-2018, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan01 View Post
The military cannot arrest anyone, maybe not even detain them (not sure). But they can help with logistics, erect structures and help process people. All that frees those who can detain arrest people to do so.
What logistics? What structures?

I realize the Trump administration is calling this an invasion and you're just doing your part by going into a panic. But this is no big deal. We're talking seven thousand people. There are Walmarts that face bigger crowds on Black Friday. Is Trump going to deploy troops to them as well?
Old 11-18-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
I think you've put your finger on it.
It seems to be the root for a lot of protectionist discrimination. Some of it has an -ism name, such as those of my college teachers who still pouted at having "girls" in class (hint: they weren't exactly the best ones, either as teachers or as anything else). Others don't, such as translators who insist that "it is only possible to perform a correct translation into your native language" despite what little evidence there is showing this is not the case (funny how you never find someone whose native language(s) are relatively minoritary saying this; they may say that you need to be truly-fluent as opposed to classroom-fluent but this actually happens to be true).

When you know you're top of the class you don't fear competition; you're even liable to welcome having someone with whom you don't need to slow down. But when you're at the very bottom, anybody is a threat.

Last edited by Nava; 11-18-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post

I realize the Trump administration is calling this an invasion and you're just doing your part by going into a panic. But this is no big deal. We're talking seven thousand people. There are Walmarts that face bigger crowds on Black Friday. Is Trump going to deploy troops to them as well?
Trump has whipped up a lot of the right-wing militia types into a fear-driven hysteria so we need the real military to protect legitimate troops and their gear from the crazies. Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...ocuments-show/

“from the papers [ the official deployment orders ], the military is preparing to defend against “an estimated 200 unregulated armed militia members currently operating along the Southwest Border”.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

I still have leaves on the ground and need a new rake.

Home Depot sold out yesterday.

I blame Trump.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
You know, on one hand, Americans have decided that being an "economic inmigrant" is akin to being the love child of Brutus and Benedict Arnold.
Hey now! #notallamericans
Quote:
Apparently "I want my children to have a better life" must be purely ideological, and those who inmigrate for this reason must be able to live on nothing but air without taking American jobs (which are American by virtue of being in the US, not of requiring American citizenship/nationality, being linked to American national security or any of that).

And on the other, when someone runs yelling "heeeeeeelp! These bad hombres want to kill me, rape my children, throw our corpses to the dogs!", then it's "we don't want people from shithole countries!"

Well, to that last point, it's quite possible that they are right.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Nah, I'm good.
Actually, it depends on one's definition of good. If yours allows for you to be:
- a liar

- someone who is wholly ignorant of even the most rudimentary aspects of debate basics

- rock-dumb

- someone who thinks that the way to support what you claimed Person A said is to cite quotes from people OTHER THAN Person A

- a dolt who cannot grasp the difference between a criticism of a person and a criticism of a position a person might hold

- someone who, when confronted with proof of his dumbfuckness and dishonesty, doesn't man up to it, or even go scurrying away to hide in embarrassment, but instead doubles down on it and makes additional totally untrue claims about what Person A has said. And then sauces up his idiocy by going into a Kreskin routine claiming to know what Person A thinks.

- someone who, when boxed in by the facts of his own stupidity, chooses to not address his delusional rantings, but instead launches into some babblings of the dime-store Freud at the Keyboard variety.
So if your definition of "I'm good" allows for all that, then you're the fucking King of Good.

Look, dummy. Maybe you should spend more time trying to grasp the points in Post #199 of the Tucker Carlson thread and attempt to defend your dishonesty and dumbfuckness (or at least learn from it) and less time typing what you think that little bird outside your window is directing you to write. Because at this point, a bird taking over your brain theory seems like your most forgiving scenario.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
you're the fucking King of Good.
Awww, are you stalking me now?

How sweet.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Awww, are you stalking me now?

How sweet.
It's called responding to a post you wrote, dum-dum. You're really don't know how debate or a debate board works, do you. Yet, tilt ahead, you will.

Still waiting for you to attempt to defend your lies, dishonesty and stupidity in Post #199 in the Tucker Carlson thread, dummy. No need to add to your trove of bird-brain induced gibberish.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
It's called responding to a post you wrote, dum-dum. You're really don't know how debate or a debate board works, do you. Yet, tilt ahead, you will.

Still waiting for you to attempt to defend your lies, dishonesty and stupidity in Post #199 in the Tucker Carlson thread, dummy. No need to add to your trove of bird-brain induced gibberish.
Look, I am sorry, you seem to be getting really worked up. I am not entirely sure if it is real outrage or trolling behavior, but you should really be careful. For the former, you may stroke out, and if the latter, you sound like you are about to rip your dick off.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:48 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenJammin View Post
Yeah and Napoleon reminded us an army marches on it's stomach almost 200 years ago....
Nitpick: more than 200 years ago.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg View Post
I still have leaves on the ground and need a new rake.

Home Depot sold out yesterday.

I blame Trump.

What?! Blaming Trump? The stable genius who showed up them Californians by pointing out that raking out leaves and stuff from around the trees would've prevented the wildfires?
Old 11-18-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
What?! Blaming Trump? The stable genius who showed up them Californians by pointing out that raking out leaves and stuff from around the trees would've prevented the wildfires?
And just how does Trump expect that to happen when he keeps deporting their gardeners?
Old 11-18-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post

I see the move as being proactive, to help avoid a situation where a surge in numbers could over burden the border patrol, like what happened when the children were separated from their parents months ago. Rather then them be put in fenced holding areas (yes, the same one "cages" Obama used) they could have more comfortable accommodations. Also, having and overwhelming presence cold help to avoid mob-rule scenarios like we saw at Mexico's southern border. Like here, and here.

It is perfectly possible that the numbers attempting to enter turn out to be run-of-the-mill. And that would be a good thing. But maybe not, in which case having a large presence will do several things:

- free up border patrol to do the tasks only they can do
- help the process for all people—asylum seekers and illegals alike—is more orderly and streamlined, and more comfortable
- send a message that the U.S. will defend it's borders
- enable the U.S. to counter mobs who revert to violence

Are the numbers of troops being deployed excessive? Or maybe not even needed? Sure. In fact, I hope that's the case.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Look, I am sorry, you seem to be getting really worked up. I am not entirely sure if it is real outrage or trolling behavior, but you should really be careful. For the former, you may stroke out, and if the latter, you sound like you are about to rip your dick off.
Deflect and hand-wave all you want with tour pathetic Freud-at-the-keyboard routine, liar.

Post #199 in the Tucker Carson thread, dummy.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I see the move as being proactive, to help avoid a situation where a surge in numbers could over burden the border patrol, like what happened when the children were separated from their parents months ago. Rather then them be put in fenced holding areas (yes, the same one "cages" Obama used) they could have more comfortable accommodations. Also, having and overwhelming presence cold help to avoid mob-rule scenarios like we saw at Mexico's southern border. Like here, and here.

It is perfectly possible that the numbers attempting to enter turn out to be run-of-the-mill. And that would be a good thing. But maybe not, in which case having a large presence will do several things:

- free up border patrol to do the tasks only they can do
- help the process for all people—asylum seekers and illegals alike—is more orderly and streamlined, and more comfortable
- send a message that the U.S. will defend it's borders
- enable the U.S. to counter mobs who revert to violence

Are the numbers of troops being deployed excessive? Or maybe not even needed? Sure. In fact, I hope that's the case.
LOL. It's entirely about the politics of fear. This caravan is not unusual, and past caravans have not resulted in anything aside from a slight bump in asylum requests, and maybe a few dozen failed attempts at illegal crossings.

But feel free to buy into the White House's bullshit, if that's what you wish. I'm sure they're ecstatic that many Americans like you think this is actually serious policy rather than nonsense political games.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
LOL. It's entirely about the politics of fear. This caravan is not unusual, and past caravans have not resulted in anything aside from a slight bump in asylum requests, and maybe a few dozen failed attempts at illegal crossings.

But feel free to buy into the White House's bullshit, if that's what you wish. I'm sure they're ecstatic that many Americans like you think this is actually serious policy rather than nonsense political games.
You go to far. or can you point to similar, routine clashes the Mexico has had at it's southern border where there border patrol was attacked at the caravan broke through?
Old 11-18-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
You go to far. or can you point to similar, routine clashes the Mexico has had at it's southern border where there border patrol was attacked at the caravan broke through?
Hey, be afraid if you want to. Feel the fear the White House wants you to feel. Pretend that there's any fucking chance that a few hundred desperate, unarmed migrants who have been walking hundreds of miles could present a threat to armed guards at a fortified US border post (which is orders of magnitude different than a Mexican border post).

But if you do so, we're going to laugh at you, because it's nonsensical and ridiculous, and based on fear and politically convenient xenophobia. There is nothing to be afraid of here.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 11-18-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Deflect and hand-wave all you want with tour pathetic Freud-at-the-keyboard routine, liar.

Post #199 in the Tucker Carson thread, dummy.
Nah, that's pretty much a masterpiece on its own. What with you using hateful and dismissive language in trying to claim that you don't use hateful and dismissive language. It's like a parody of the right wing hate machine, except (unless I am being massively wooshed by poe's law), you don't even mean it as satire.

I wouldn't want to touch that pièce de résistance after you have put so much work into it.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Hey, be afraid if you want to. Feel the fear the White House wants you to feel. Pretend that there's any fucking chance that a few hundred desperate, unarmed migrants who have been walking hundreds of miles could present a threat to armed guards at a fortified US border post (which is orders of magnitude different than a Mexican border post).

But if you do so, we're going to laugh at you, because it's nonsensical and ridiculous, and based on fear and politically convenient xenophobia. There is nothing to be afraid of here.
I can't help but notice that you:

1) did not answer my question about your claim
2) downgrade a caravan that all estimates put in the thousands to hundreds
3) use "we", a sure sign of weakness and mobism
Old 11-18-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Nah, that's pretty much a masterpiece on its own. What with you using hateful and dismissive language in trying to claim that you don't use hateful and dismissive language. It's like a parody of the right wing hate machine, except (unless I am being massively wooshed by poe's law), you don't even mean it as satire.

I wouldn't want to touch that pièce de résistance after you have put so much work into it.
Or you know you'd just embarrass yourself even more than you should be feeling right now. Though that does assume your dumb, dishonest ass has a scintilla of moral fiber left in it. Check in your eyelashes.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:38 PM

How is backing up another poster's argument being whooshed?
Old 11-18-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I can't help but notice that you:

1) did not answer my question about your claim
2) downgrade a caravan that all estimates put in the thousands to hundreds
3) use "we", a sure sign of weakness and mobism
1) Violence at Mexico's southern border is nothing new:

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/10...uthern-border/

https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...outhern-border

2) The latest estimates have it at about 1500: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centra...caravans#Table

Since "thousands" implies two or more thousands, I think "hundreds" fits better. Even thousands wouldn't present anything close to a threat that would justify the fearmongering you're falling for and spreading.

3) How horrible! I'm sorry if my use of "we" frightened you. It must be terrifying living in your world. Apologies, and I'll try to use gentler language in the future. I know there's so much you must be afraid of, especially if you actually think the White House's rhetoric has anything in common with the real world.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:48 PM

Pueblo Sin Fronteras has been organizing migrant caravans to the United States for 15 years. This includes a caravan that arrived at the border in April of this year. Why is it only now that troops are needed at the border?

Also, magellan01, are you going to provide credible evidence to back up your claim regarding the funding of the caravan by Soros? Or perhaps you care to withdraw that claim?
Old 11-18-2018, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
And just how does Trump expect that to happen when he keeps deporting their gardeners?
Open borders with Finland, of course.

(After all, it is next to Russia and Sarah tells him she can see Russia from her house.)

Last edited by jasg; 11-18-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Also, magellan01, are you going to provide credible evidence to back up your claim regarding the funding of the caravan by Soros? Or perhaps you care to withdraw that claim?
BWAH-HAH-HA-HA.

It has never provided credible evidence for anything it has said.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
(I hate having to explain a joke. It makes me question whether I was the one who missed the point.)

Railer13 cited a dubious source in post #5090 to offer what I saw as sarcastic "support" for magellan01's insinuation that Soros is funding the caravan.

Rick Kitchen responded in post #5093 with a well-sourced attack on the source's pedigree, implying both that the source is unreliable and that he thought Railer13 was seriously supporting magellan01's insinuation.

That's a whoosh, in my book.
Quote:
How is backing up another poster's argument being whooshed?
I believe that kaylasdad99 misread the tone in your reply to my post. He was correct that I offered sarcastic support, but he incorrectly inferred that you believed that I was serious.

We're all the same side here, folks. Except for a few misguided souls, of course.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:32 PM

Concerning his promised Mexican funding for his fantasy wall:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...117-story.html

"President Donald Trump suggested Saturday he was prepared to shut down the federal government next month if Congress fails to give him the money he wants to build a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico."If I was ever going to do a shutdown over border security - when you look at the caravan, when you look at the mess, when you look at the people coming in," the president said. "... This would be a very good time to do a shutdown."
During the 2016 campaign, Trump repeatedly promised voters that Mexico would pay for the roughly 2,000-mile barrier, which carries an estimated price tag of $20 billion. But since taking office, he has acknowledged that American taxpayers will have to put up the cash."

"This would be a very good time to do a shutdown."
The dude is such a fucking imbicile.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Or you know you'd just embarrass yourself even more than you should be feeling right now. Though that does assume your dumb, dishonest ass has a scintilla of moral fiber left in it. Check in your eyelashes.
Excellent work in proving that you do not use hateful and dismissive language.

Now I know I'm being wooshed, and this is all just a parody of a right winger, right?

I thought of letting this magnum opus of satirizing a hateful right winger's thought process stand on its own as well, but you put so much work into pretending to be completely unselfaware I just have to acknowledge it in its beauty.

:applauds:
Old 11-18-2018, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Prez Potty Mouth calls Adam Schiff "Little Adam Schitt." Because he's classy like that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...m-schitt%3famp
Old 11-18-2018, 04:35 PM

I guess I'm going to have watch the Wallace interview. It might just be great comedy.

President Donald Trump went after retired Adm. Bill McRaven — the Navy SEAL who led the 2011 raid that killed Osama bin Laden — calling him a "Hillary Clinton fan" during an interview with Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday."

Quote:
"Hillary Clinton fan," Trump told Wallace Sunday when confronted with the retired admiral's criticism. "Excuse me, Hillary Clinton fan."

"OK, he’s a Hilary Clinton backer and an Obama-backer," Trump added before Wallace said McRaven was a Navy SEAL for nearly four decades.

Trump, pointing to the bin Laden raid, added, "wouldn’t it have been nice if we got Osama Bin Laden a lot sooner than that, wouldn’t it have been nice?"
Old 11-18-2018, 04:41 PM

Sure it would have, Trumpy, but guess what? As a consolation prize you can have the fact that we did get him at the same time that President Obama was kicking your ass at the Correspondent's dinner.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Concerning his promised Mexican funding for his fantasy wall:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...117-story.html

"President Donald Trump suggested Saturday he was prepared to shut down the federal government next month if Congress fails to give him the money he wants to build a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico."If I was ever going to do a shutdown over border security - when you look at the caravan, when you look at the mess, when you look at the people coming in," the president said. "... This would be a very good time to do a shutdown."
During the 2016 campaign, Trump repeatedly promised voters that Mexico would pay for the roughly 2,000-mile barrier, which carries an estimated price tag of $20 billion. But since taking office, he has acknowledged that American taxpayers will have to put up the cash."

"This would be a very good time to do a shutdown."
The dude is such a fucking imbicile.

Does this put us at the magic number 8, now?
(If we go by this Sept. WAPO article).

Like an infant throwing the pacifier to the floor (again).
Old 11-18-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalostwages View Post
Prez Potty Mouth calls Adam Schiff "Little Adam Schitt." Because he's classy like that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...m-schitt%3famp
And think of the Republican moms and dads out there, simply bursting with pride when their children start using the "Little Schitt" moniker about people who anger them. Just like the President!
Old 11-18-2018, 06:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
How horrible! I'm sorry if my use of "we" frightened you. It must be terrifying living in your world. Apologies, and I'll try to use gentler language in the future. I know there's so much you must be afraid of, especially if you actually think the White House's rhetoric has anything in common with the real world.
Pronouns are part of the liberal conspiracy! Look at any so-called report in the liberal media and what do you see all over it? That's right, pronouns!

Why don't liberals just call things what they really are? Why do they use these secret code names? What are they hiding?
Old 11-18-2018, 06:49 PM

It occurred to me that Trump is what the kid from Captains Courageous would have have ended up like if he never went fishing.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:46 AM
SDSAB

He might've gone fishing, but the crew would see to it that he never came back to land again.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
You know, on one hand, Americans have decided that being an "economic inmigrant" is akin to being the love child of Brutus and Benedict Arnold. Apparently "I want my children to have a better life" must be purely ideological, and those who inmigrate for this reason must be able to live on nothing but air without taking American jobs (which are American by virtue of being in the US, not of requiring American citizenship/nationality, being linked to American national security or any of that).

The thing is that for the most part these people aren't even economic migrants. As you stated it isn't, "Hey I can make twice what I make at home if I dismember chickens in the US". Its "If I stay where I am there is a good chance me and my child will end up dead". Rather than calling it a migrant caravan they should call it what it is, a refugee caravan. Not that the distinction is going to make any difference to a Trumphead.

Quote:
The military cannot arrest anyone, maybe not even detain them (not sure). But they can help with logistics, erect structures and help process people. All that frees those who can detain arrest people to do so.
Do they really need 15,000 troops to handle logistics for 3,000 refugees? The logistics for the Troops are going to be more difficult than the refugees. Meanwhile whole towns in California are going up in smoke. With at least 77 dead and around 1,000 missing. An event where help with able bodied men, heavy equipment and advanced logistics could make a huge difference. But that pales in comparison to horrid possibility that some 3,000 brown people might find safety in the US and god forbid pluck chickens, pick crab meat, or install dry wall. We have to keep our priorities straight. Besides the victims of the Camp Fire were from California which voted against Trump so they aren't really Americans, screw 'em.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 11-19-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Besides the victims of the Camp Fire were from California which voted against Trump so they aren't really Americans, screw 'em.
Butte County voted for Trump.
Kirk Ellsworth, whose adult children lost their homes in the fire, shook his head in disgust.

“My kids lost everything. I voted for him – and now? He can kiss my red ass,” Ellsworth said. “What he said was ridiculous. It hurts my heart. A lot of us voted for him and he [talks] down to us?”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...es-trump-visit
Old 11-19-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Butte County voted for Trump.
Kirk Ellsworth, whose adult children lost their homes in the fire, shook his head in disgust.

“My kids lost everything. I voted for him – and now? He can kiss my red ass,” Ellsworth said. “What he said was ridiculous. It hurts my heart. A lot of us voted for him and he [talks] down to us?”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...es-trump-visit
We need lots more of this.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:33 PM

Hopefully people like this remember in two years.