Old 11-07-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
Okay, two things.

One: I didn't start any threads about you, so don't you get all snippy with me.

Two: You're not just saying "I was right, nya nya". You're calling people to action, and lambasting them when they fail to meet your standard for action. A standard that doesn't exist. This is, obviously, bullshit. And forget whatever hysterical predictions you may or may not have made in the past; I don't care about the past. This thing you're doing now, yelling at people for failing to do what you're not doing yourself, and that you can't even articulate-

- That makes you completely full of shit and any amount of criticism or mocking threads about you are justified.
Shut the fuck up.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
I say keep voting, keep organizing. But also understand that we live in times when the assaults on our 'normal' might require extraordinary action. Let me be clear: violence almost never works. I am not an advocate of violence. But what has worked in this country and others is when masses of people come together and simply refuse to be governed. It happened in India. It happened in Selma. It happened in Eastern Europe. But understand that the costs of speaking truth to power are increasing. The further down this road we go, the more expensive it is to defend our libertarian values.
I'm still not quite clear what you mean by the bolded part: a general strike maybe? A revolution?
Old 11-07-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Shut the fuck up.
Ha! Struck a nerve, didn't I, by being completely right.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:19 PM

asahi probably is completely correct and his assessment is accurate, but it's clear that he has no more of a clue on what to do about it than any of us have.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Ha! Struck a nerve, didn't I, by being completely right.
I struck a nerve in YOU!!!
Old 11-07-2018, 07:20 PM

I'm reminded of this thing that happened in the 60s and 70s, the folks that were screaming the loudest for violence at protests? Well, it turned out they weren't really protesters.

CMC fnord!
Old 11-07-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye, Watering View Post
asahi probably is completely correct and his assessment is accurate, but it's clear that he has no more of a clue on what to do about it than any of us have.
Actually, I do.

But it's going to require hyper-activism.

White Americans don't have a true appreciation of what it means to fight authoritarianism. This is part about American democracy that minorities understand better than whites. For whites, Trump is a shock, a horror. For minorities, Trump is going back to the stories of their parents and grandparents. It's the white Americans who have taken democracy for granted. Whites are confused, scared, angry - to the point of attacking other whites who have the same opinion.

I already referenced India, Selma, and Eastern Europe. Those are examples of people successfully asserting their human rights and their rights to have a democracy and freedom. White Americans live in a mythical world in which they believe that freedom can only be achieved through extreme violence, as in firebombing the Nazis in Dresden or the Japanese in Tokyo. In reality, asserting freedom doesn't need to involve violence, and the lessons of Julius Caesar and Abraham Lincoln make clear that violence can often backfire.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmanyclouds View Post
I'm reminded of this thing that happened in the 60s and 70s, the folks that were screaming the loudest for violence at protests? Well, it turned out they weren't really protesters.

CMC fnord!
You aren't reminded of shit; you're just a shit talker.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Actually, I do.

But it's going to require hyper-activism.

White Americans don't have a true appreciation of what it means to fight authoritarianism. This is part about American democracy that minorities understand better than whites. For whites, Trump is a shock, a horror. For minorities, Trump is going back to the stories of their parents and grandparents. It's the white Americans who have taken democracy for granted. Whites are confused, scared, angry - to the point of attacking other whites who have the same opinion.

I already referenced India, Selma, and Eastern Europe. Those are examples of people successfully asserting their human rights and their rights to have a democracy and freedom. White Americans live in a mythical world in which they believe that freedom can only be achieved through extreme violence, as in firebombing the Nazis in Dresden or the Japanese in Tokyo. In reality, asserting freedom doesn't need to involve violence, and the lessons of Julius Caesar and Abraham Lincoln make clear that violence can often backfire.
So, what, you want me to sit at the front of a bus? (But I don't ride busses!)
Old 11-07-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
So, what, you want me to sit at the front of a bus? (But I don't ride busses!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaceful_Revolution
Old 11-07-2018, 07:46 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
The Mueller investigation is dead.

The rule of law is dead.

Until we revive it. And that will require extraordinary effort.

Don't believe me?

Watch.
Way too early to say that.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I searched in the wiki page provided for the word "arrest" and from the sound of it all we're going to have to do is stand around carrying signs. Do I have that right?
Old 11-07-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I searched in the wiki page provided for the word "arrest" and from the sound of it all we're going to have to do is stand around carrying signs. Do I have that right?
God, you're a fucking tool.

Go on and be daft, then.

Christ all mighty, we have some fucking thick people in this society, and SMDB is supposed to be about fighting ignorance. I think the problem is that the egos of some supposedly enlightened individuals is getting in their way.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Don't worry, the Senate seat held by Doug Jones, which was Sessions before he became AG, is up for election in 2020. He'll be back.
I have a vision. A vision of a freshly turfed grave, with a Keebler elf as a headstone.

Quote:
Here lies Jefferson Beauregard Session. Nothing left but the crumbs. December 24, 1946 — December 24, 2019
Old 11-07-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
The Mueller investigation is dead.
It's ok. I'm sure Mueller has a plan for it. Any idiot knew that Donald was eventually going to fire him. The only surprise is that he was talked into waiting.

Also - we know Mueller has multiple sealed indictments out there. All of the other investigations won't stop even if Mueller is fired. That's why he's been spreading it around.

On top of that, the House Intelligence Committee will be reopening its investigation and following up on all the subpoenas that Devin Nunes tried to quash. The House Ways & Means committee plans to pursue Donald's taxes. And the great Maxine Waters will be the ranking member on the Financial Services Committee, which oversees the Fed and the Treasury, among other things, so that shit's going to be hilarious.

I approve of the protesters but we've got a long game to play here.

Quote:
The rule of law is dead.
This ... really isn't true. The Rule of Law depends on thousands of people. The fuckwits in Washington are not the be all and end all. We are legion.

Quote:
Until we revive it. And that will require extraordinary effort.

Don't believe me?

Watch.
Extraordinary effort is what we're seeing from Robert Mueller right now. And from Adam Shiff, Rod Rosenstein and everyone who has held it together for the last two years. They're setting a hell of an example in how to resist in place. We can't let them down by gibbering and blithering. We need to keep our focus and match their efforts, with millions of peaceful but forceful protesters.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
<snip>

It's looking like I'm going to be at a protest tomorrow at noon.

https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller...events/search/
I'll be joining you. Ours starts at 5:00 p.m.

Merneith, great post.

asahi: “Guys! Guys!! Validate me, tell me I was right all along!! I am the only one who understands the dangers to our country posed by Trump and Republicans!! Only meeeeeee, me, me meeeeeee!!!! I’ve never been wrong about anything!!!”

You have more in common with Trump than you think.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post

Merneith, great post.

asahi: “Guys! Guys!! Validate me, tell me I was right all along!! I am the only one who understands the dangers to our country posed by Trump and Republicans!! Only meeeeeee, me, me meeeeeee!!!! I’ve never been wrong about anything!!!”

You're not gonna do shit and you know it. You'll probably drive by and claim you were there.

Don't lecture me, coward.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
You're not gonna do shit and you know it. You'll probably drive by and claim you were there.

LOL, I see you have that projection thing down pat, too.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'd assumed it was at 12, but I think they're all at 5:00 local time. After I posted I got an email from the local organizers giving the start time.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
So, just because somebody isn't impressed by your constant self-aggrandizing melodrama means that their own activist efforts are all a fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi
Um, you're not really in a position to complain about other people being too inclined to "lecture".

I'm starting to wonder if asahi might not actually be a Trumpist false-flag operation attempting to make liberals heartily sick of dire warnings and calls to action. I like to think that a real liberal would tend to be more supportive of other liberals' activist aims and critical thinking, instead of totally losing his shit every time someone finds his rhetoric unpersuasive or his egotism unappealing.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:56 PM

LOL!

Keep moving the goal posts. Everyone wanted me to shut up because I was a chicken little and a wack-nut pessimist, predicting all sorts of crazy outcomes. Well now that we're living with these outcomes, the refrain is "Oh yeah? Well what are YOU doing about it?"

I'm not having that debate. Reminds me of when I was debating neo-cons during the final weeks before the Iraq War. I said it was a bad idea and would fail. A year later it was "Oh yeah? Well what are you doing about terrorism?!"

It's impossible to talk politics with Americans these days. Their sensitivities get offended too easily. We need lots of safe spaces.

Last edited by asahi; 11-07-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Apologies if someone already posted this. Here's where to find out if there's a protest near you.

Am I allowed to post this kind of stuff on the Dope? Not sure. If my link gets removed, just google trump is not above the law.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
LOL!

Keep moving the goal posts. Everyone wanted me to shut up because I was a chicken little and a wack-nut pessimist, predicting all sorts of crazy outcomes. Well now that we're living with these outcomes, the refrain is "Oh yeah? Well what are YOU doing about it?"

I'm not having that debate. Reminds me of when I was debating neo-cons during the final weeks before the Iraq War. I said it was a bad idea and would fail. A year later it was "Oh yeah? Well what are you doing about terrorism?!"

It's impossible to talk politics with Americans these days. Their sensitivities get offended too easily. We need lots of safe spaces.
Fuck safe spaces. And fuck civility. And fuck any concern trolls and Repubs who want to lecture about being civil, working together and mending fences and shit. Dems control the House. That means now they need to grow a damn spine and DO something to stop Trump and his fascist traitor gang. If it were me, I'd already be all over his ass for obstruction and the firing of Sessions would be just ONE of many coffin nails I'd be hammering.

Remember, Nixon thought he could fire his way out of it too.

Last edited by SteveG1; 11-07-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Everyone wanted me to shut up because I was a chicken little and a wack-nut pessimist...
No, we wanted you to shut up because you talk too much.

Seriously, you have hijacked "A Thread for the Mueller Investigation" and posted dozens of self-centered posts. Please, can you find another site to post on? Or start a "We're doomed, and I was right all along!" thread where you don't derail multiple threads, where we're trying to have a discussion about the Actual Thread Topic?

Everyone else, why are you trying to debate this guy rationally? It's not like he's going to suddenly turn logical and say "Huh, good point. Maybe there are glimmers of hope. Oh, why have I wasted my life being pessimistic?"

Just don't respond. Even if, like me, you agree with the guy, we're squirting lighter fluid on a overheated grill.

Damn, I resisted so long, but I gave in...

Last edited by digs; 11-07-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Everyone wanted me to shut up because I was a chicken little and a wack-nut pessimist, predicting all sorts of crazy outcomes. Well now that we're living with these outcomes
This is characteristic of your attention-seeking schtick. You constantly make a whole slew of pessimistic pronouncements, ranging from the outright hysterical-nutty to the reasonably realistic.

And then when one of your more reasonably realistic predictions not surprisingly comes true, you pretend that it vindicates your entire approach and refutes all the criticisms directed at you.

No. When a man who gets mocked for proclaiming that space aliens are controlling the atmosphere predicts that it will rain tomorrow, and it actually does rain tomorrow, that does not demonstrate that he is a misunderstood genius unfairly derided as a tiresome nutbag.

It merely indicates that being a tiresome nutbag doesn't prevent him from making some accurate common-sense guesses about short-term weather trends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi
It's impossible to talk politics with Americans these days.
No, it isn't. Your problem is simply that you prefer the lazy option of egotistical grandstanding and melodramatic rhetoric to the more difficult task of actually discussing politics seriously and critically.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:31 PM

The "ignore" function was made for trolls like him. Try it out and you'll have a much more pleasant experience in these threads.

Until someone quotes his self-absorbed nattering, that is.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
The "ignore" function was made for trolls like him. Try it out and you'll have a much more pleasant experience in these threads.

Until someone quotes his self-absorbed nattering, that is.
And he finally tripped my trigger. Although, as you state, I'm sure I'll see plenty of his posts directly quoted in full. *le sigh*
Old 11-08-2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaper View Post
(As for last night being “uninspiring,” maybe a lot of leftists out there agreed with what I seem to recall you saying about the uselessness of voting...?)
I haven't said anything about anything being inspiring nor uninspiring, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nor have I ever advocated anything except voting.

Quote:
I say keep voting, keep organizing. But also understand that we live in times when the assaults on our 'normal' might require extraordinary action. Let me be clear: violence almost never works. I am not an advocate of violence. But what has worked in this country and others is when masses of people come together and simply refuse to be governed. It happened in India. It happened in Selma. It happened in Eastern Europe. But understand that the costs of speaking truth to power are increasing. The further down this road we go, the more expensive it is to defend our libertarian values.
Those are before I was born.

There are times and places where demonstration has worked. And maybe that time and place will come around again, but modern day America, versus Trump, it's a waste of time and at least part of that is because it's been overused as a hobby by bored people looking for an excuse to hang out and smoke dope with other lefties for the last 3.8 decades.

Crying wolf does work, right up to the point where you're just crying wolf. You can get angry about that if you want, but I'm not the one that was driving that horse into the ground at the drop of a hat for forty years.

Last edited by Sage Rat; 11-08-2018 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:51 AM

Okay I have said that if you would vote for a criminal then don't vote. Outside of that, I've only encouraged people to vote.

I doubt that's what you're thinking of, but just to be honest.

I still make that recommendation.

Last edited by Sage Rat; 11-08-2018 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:31 AM
Charter Member

Jesus wept. Two pages of absolute drivel after the AG in charge of the investigation "resigns". I actually have this thread bookmarked so as to have easy access to information on the Mueller Investigation and its results and outcomes. Please keep this thread relatively noise free for the social media illiterate amongst us!!! For god's sake stop the self-congratulating bullshit and responses to same...
Old 11-08-2018, 04:35 AM

In terms of more specific advice for what people here can do, I would say that the key areas of danger are that Trump paints the new House Ethics, Justice, and Intelligence committees as lying conmen and subsequently sets his new DOJ on them, looking for any crimes to charge them with.

Pelosi, or whoever ends up as the new Speaker of the House, needs to select people of unimpeachable history and trustworthiness. The DNC needs to hire some mudslingers to investigate their own and see who withstands the most scrutiny.

I'd recommend writing that message and hoping that someone gets through to her.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:

Will you morons just put the troll on Ignore already and get back to speculating over juicy indictment details?

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:03 AM

I hope it's not untoward of me to drop in with a drive-by "Fuck Bricker," who is currently quivering with glee at recounting the legal justification for his boy Donald to subvert justice.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:46 PM

A temporary talking-off-of-the-ledge for those fearing the subversion of Mueller's investigation. For now, you know, but that's better than a sharp stick somewhere.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...109-story.html

A not long opinion piece to bring a deep breath of sanity to a fucked up situation.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:56 PM

In case anyone is wondering...

What Would Actually Happen if Trump Refused a Subpoena?
If the president does not want to testify in Robert Mueller’s investigation, there simply is no realistic way for the courts to physically force him to do so.

Quote:
Let’s say, however, that Trump receives a subpoena and fights it to the Supreme Court. And let’s say that, in the end, the Court sides with the special counsel and tells Trump he has to appear before the grand jury.

What if the president just says “no”?

If a normal citizen were to do that—to refuse to testify in response to a legitimate order—the answer would be relatively easy: The prosecutor would go to court, show the judge the valid subpoena and the refusal, and ask the judge to find the person in contempt of court.

There are, notably, two flavors of contempt of court: civil and criminal. Civil contempt is nothing more, nor less, than an effort to compel a witness to appear as ordered. Typically, a witness who defies a subpoena is arrested on a civil-contempt citation and put in jail. They then remain there until they change their mind and testify, or until the investigation ends and the grand jury that summoned them shuts down. Either way, whether they change their mind—what’s called “purging yourself” of contempt—or whether the investigation concludes, the term of imprisonment is time-limited. Indeed, the person in contempt, sometimes called a contemnor, actually holds the keys to their prison.

By contrast, criminal contempt is a separate criminal offense, and the process for proving it is much like that of any other crime. The prosecutor can decide to charge the contemnor with the criminal charge of contempt and try to prove the case in court beyond a reasonable doubt. If convicted, the defendant can be sentenced to a term of years and doesn’t have a key to his or her jail cell.

A president refusing an order would be uncharted territory.

Presumably, the court that issued the subpoena would find the president in civil contempt, just as it would any other citizen. But after that … that’s where it gets interesting.

An ordinary American would go to jail. Some contemnors voluntarily show up for incarceration because they are trying to make a point; for example, that’s the typical practice for a news reporter who goes to jail to protect a source.

But for contemnors who don’t show up voluntarily, the court sends the U.S. Marshals Service out to arrest them and bring them to jail in handcuffs. It’s not a pleasant experience, but it’s common enough—arrest warrants are executed every day around the country.

However, that’s just not going to happen to a president who refuses to testify.
There's more but that's the gist. Interesting read.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:13 PM

Better get ready for it now, aye: Trump's self-interest is much greater than his interest in following the law or in "doing what is right".
Old 11-08-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
Yeah, I'd assumed it was at 12, but I think they're all at 5:00 local time. After I posted I got an email from the local organizers giving the start time.
Our event was (as all the others I've attended) respectful, upbeat and decently attended, especially considering the short notice and that it was very cold for our part of the world. I'd estimate a crowd size of about 300.

Favorite sign: "Beneath contempt but not above the law."

We had good speakers, including a constitutional scholar who made a compelling argument that Whitaker is not lawfully appointed, and someone representing Senator Ron Wyden's office.

I'm glad I went, despite adversities of a barking knee and a long drive.

How was yours?
Old 11-09-2018, 06:13 AM

Let's not forget that the White House and Vice President's office rejected Senate subpoenas back in 2007 and got away with it.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Better get ready for it now, aye: Trump's self-interest is much greater than his interest in following the law or in "doing what is right".
And that’s the wild card here... it’s been suggested several times that Trump wants to testify, to show that he’s better than Mueller and that he can beat him. Yeah, it’d be stupid, and he’d be advised against it, but when has that ever stopped him?
Old 11-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Quote:
And that’s the wild card here... it’s been suggested several times that Trump wants to testify, to show that he’s better than Mueller and that he can beat him. Yeah, it’d be stupid, and he’d be advised against it, but when has that ever stopped him?
We only have to remind him that only a pussy wouldn't want to testify.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
He'll just tell Mueller or the Judge that they ask a lot of stupid questions.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
We only have to remind him that only a pussy wouldn't want to testify.
Yes, yes, please.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
He'll just tell Mueller or the Judge that they ask a lot of stupid questions.
Probably complain about "racist" questions too.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
Probably complain about "racist" questions too.
Trump: "You're being very, very unfair to me. So unfair! You're the racists! You're the racists! You hate orange people! It's true! Everyone says so. You discriminate against us. You have no idea, no idea how orange people have suffered. You and your FAKE NEWS! It's all fake! FAKE!!! I have videos to prove it. Just like I have pictures of Mueller kissing Comey. It's disgraceful!

If you just reported how great I am, and I'm the greatest President in the history of this country, and, to be honest, probably the world in all of recorded history, there wouldn't be any violence in this country. But you have to be dishonest. So dishonest. So unfair! We just won the biggest midterm election in the history of this country. But you won't report that! So unfair!

It's like my friend Alex Jones tells me. Violence and gay frogs in this country are all your fault for not telling the American people how great I am, and they know I'm the greatest. Everyone knows that. Everyone agrees with me. But you won't tell them that. That's why there are violence and gay frogs. There wouldn't be if you just told the truth about how great I am! And you're stupid, so low IQ. Everybody knows orange people have the highest IQs and best words. Everybody says so. You're the racists! You won't tell me how great I am. So unfair!!!

I have the best brain."

Last edited by dasmoocher; 11-09-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Our event was (as all the others I've attended) respectful, upbeat and decently attended, especially considering the short notice and that it was very cold for our part of the world. I'd estimate a crowd size of about 300.

Favorite sign: "Beneath contempt but not above the law."

We had good speakers, including a constitutional scholar who made a compelling argument that Whitaker is not lawfully appointed, and someone representing Senator Ron Wyden's office.

I'm glad I went, despite adversities of a barking knee and a long drive.

How was yours?
About 150 in this small plaza in downtown San Rafael (a small city in Marin county). If it had been later, I would've gone to the one in SF instead but this was easier to get to from my work and given the size of the plaza, the crowd filled it up--not bad given it was literally organized less than 24 hours before. Some chanting, a PA system with a perfectly fine speaker, and quite a few signs that people must've thrown together at the last minute.

I imagine if DT escalates (or accelerates) things, there will be a much larger, more organized one here (probably both in SF and Oakland) and I'll probably attend that one, too.

Last edited by MovieMogul; 11-09-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:05 PM

Instead of starting a whole nother thread, let me ask you smart guys in this one: Is there any way to interpret the firing of Sessions as an innocent, justifiable move? Because to me it screams, "Trump is guilty." Guilty of what? Not sure, but there must be a there there to take such an extraordinary step.

Any reason I can't in all seriousness start referring to President Crook? What do we make of his supporters now?
Old 11-09-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2B Comprehensive View Post
Instead of starting a whole nother thread, let me ask you smart guys in this one: Is there any way to interpret the firing of Sessions as an innocent, justifiable move? Because to me it screams, "Trump is guilty." Guilty of what? Not sure, but there must be a there there to take such an extraordinary step.

Any reason I can't in all seriousness start referring to President Crook? What do we make of his supporters now?
If you've followed this thread like me, I think there can be no doubt that Trumpelstiltskin broke more laws than you can count on a centipede's feet.

Last edited by EinsteinsHund; 11-09-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:

The only criticism Trump has ever had for Sessions is that Sessions isn't protecting him from investigation. This is 100% about shutting down investigation into Trump.

Now, why would Trump want to shut down an investigation? I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMogul View Post
About 150 in this small plaza in downtown San Rafael (a small city in Marin county). If it had been later, I would've gone to the one in SF instead but this was easier to get to from my work and given the size of the plaza, the crowd filled it up--not bad given it was literally organized less than 24 hours before. Some chanting, a PA system with a perfectly fine speaker, and quite a few signs that people must've thrown together at the last minute.

I imagine if DT escalates (or accelerates) things, there will be a much larger, more organized one here (probably both in SF and Oakland) and I'll probably attend that one, too.
Thanks. I appreciate your story. This is so important! I'll be attending future protests, too.

Quote:

This timeline is the most comprehensive compendium I've found that lays out the case against Trump and his minions. I don't know a single honest broker who can review it and have any reasonable defense to Trump's involvement with the Russians. I encourage you to spend even just an hour reviewing it. If you read the whole thing, it will take you quite a few hours, but it's time well spent.

No, there is no way to interpret the firing of Sessions as an innocent, justifiable move. Yes, he is President Crook. There is simply no other reasonable conclusion.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:29 PM

I have not followed this thread or this aspect of things closely. I have been waiting for... something. I think this may be it. Thanks, I will look at that link later.