Old 07-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
Those of you who pay more attention to the economics of the game. I have about 100 donuts (collected from the beginning). What one (or maybe two) things should I buy to give me the most return? I'm guessing something with a character to do tasks, but which one?
IIRC any of the premium characters that say Earns 150% (or 1.5X) will be your best bet. I picked up the Squeeky Voiced Teen, but I think Bumble Bee Man is a good bet as well, IIRC.

OTOH...how much money do you make in a day? If you buy a 60 donut premium item that brings in an extra 2% that's an extra $200 for each time you bring back $10,000. I can bring in $10,000 every two hours with just the characters and the brown houses.

But yeah, a premium character is probably your best bet.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
IIRC any of the premium characters that say Earns 150% (or 1.5X) will be your best bet. I picked up the Squeeky Voiced Teen, but I think Bumble Bee Man is a good bet as well, IIRC.

OTOH...how much money do you make in a day? If you buy a 60 donut premium item that brings in an extra 2% that's an extra $200 for each time you bring back $10,000. I can bring in $10,000 every two hours with just the characters and the brown houses.

But yeah, a premium character is probably your best bet.
I honestly don't have a clue how much I bring in each day. I mostly do 8- and 12-hour tasks when I think about it. I don't use brown houses anymore because I wasn't checking in often enough to justify the space they take up. I have one large neighborhood with pink, white and blue houses interspersed.

So for me, a 2% bump is probably not that great since I'd rather see a character walking around than get $2 tacked on to a house click. I'll check into the Bumble Bee Man later tonight.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Just Some Guy
Charter Member

I'd go with Bumble Bee Man. One, I like the character. Two, not only does he have his own tasks, but it opens another option on Channel 6.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post
I'd go with Bumble Bee Man. One, I like the character. Two, not only does he have his own tasks, but it opens another option on Channel 6.
And Channel 6 pours in so much money I actually had to make sure I was reading it correctly. I wish I could have a Channel 6 Farm.

Last edited by Joey P; 07-27-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

I had enough for both Bumblebee Man (60 donuts) and Pimply Faced Teen (30 donuts) so I picked up both. Best I can tell, all premium characters make the same amount per task, so the PFT is a good deal.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
I had enough for both Bumblebee Man (60 donuts) and Pimply Faced Teen (30 donuts) so I picked up both. Best I can tell, all premium characters make the same amount per task, so the PFT is a good deal.
I just did the same. Now to focus on getting enough money to move along a quest line or two!

I also spent an hour rearranging my Springfield so it doesn't look as crowded. I'm happy with it so far, but I need more land expansions.

Last edited by Antigen; 07-28-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoelie View Post
not really sure if I'm going to spend money on it. It's a fun game, but there are so many premium items I'm afraid if I start spending real money it will be a slippery slope I don't think I even know how paying for stuff works on tablets, lol. Any hacks/cheats I should really know about? Or is that a big no no here
There used to be an in game glitch that could get you free donuts on apple devices, involving simultaneously betting on the race track and scratching a ticket, and another involving Cletus's corn, but they fixed that, so the only hacks available now require an android or jailbreaked apple device and out of game downloads, or going to a website where you sign up for offers and they do it for you.

You can get ahead by house farming (having a lot of tightly packed houses for cash crops), hour tasking (short tasks rake in more money), and xp farming (buy and sell items which give high xp at purchase time like the weather station, over and over again to level up quickly and get the three free donuts). If you haven't already, clicking on Homer ten times quickly gives you a statue and some free donuts.

I have more than one Springfield, one that I kept pure, and another that I used the glitch on.

Last edited by jackdavinci; 07-28-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdavinci View Post
There used to be an in game glitch that could get you free donuts on apple devices, involving simultaneously betting on the race track and scratching a ticket, and another involving Cletus's corn, but they fixed that, so the only hacks available now require an android or jailbreaked apple device and out of game downloads, or going to a website where you sign up for offers and they do it for you.

You can get ahead by house farming (having a lot of tightly packed houses for cash crops), hour tasking (short tasks rake in more money), and xp farming (buy and sell items which give high xp at purchase time like the weather station, over and over again to level up quickly and get the three free donuts). If you haven't already, clicking on Homer ten times quickly gives you a statue and some free donuts.

I have more than one Springfield, one that I kept pure, and another that I used the glitch on.
Yeah, I read about that racetrack glitch, you could get a negative donut balance, right? After researching a bit more, I also came across the homer buddha glitch, anybody use that here? I'm on android, most I've read about it were people on an iPad. I did spend some donuts early in the game, both on purpose and by accident. Up to 30 donuts now, and level 28. Am debating saving more or just buying squeeky voice teen. I did get the Jebediah Springfield statue and do have houses and do daily sessions of 1 hour tasks. Don't think I've got enough money to start buying stuff simply for xp, got about 5 mission buildings waiting to be built right now after building The frying Dutchman I'm gonna save up for some land expansions and new houses I think.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:15 PM

Anyone else having issues with Lisa babysitting after you get Rod and Todd?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
Anyone else having issues with Lisa babysitting after you get Rod and Todd?
I got it now. Todd needs to be free but it wouldn't work for some reason. I got it to go today though.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 AM

Sent a few more friend requests out just now, but after a few they just start failing, anybody know what that's about? Everybody please feel free to add me, djoelie84693
Old 07-30-2013, 02:28 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Sent a few more friend requests out just now, but after a few they just start failing, anybody know what that's about? Everybody please feel free to add me, djoelie84693
Have you hit the limit? You can only get 99 then you get error messages.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:55 PM

I added you, others may be at the limit.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 PM

thnx, I'm definitly not at the limit, but it makes sense others could be
Old 07-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Just Some Guy
Charter Member

99 is the limit? I think it stopped at 30 for me, but perhaps that was before the Android update.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:05 PM

Is there a new update? Can't visit the towns of Trion, Fenris & Mahaloth because of newer content. You guys on ipads?
Old 07-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Charter Member

Krustyland!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Ugh, I have 3.5hrs left on all the 8 hour tasks I started earlier this afternoon...
Old 07-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

Yes, Krustyland is available now and you start with Krusty and Homer and Cletus building the ring-toss game.

To work!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

And to think, I put off updating because the permissions were odd. Like, why does it need access to my phonebook?

Oh well, it's updating now.

I assume I'm going to have to spend a bunch of money now. I was >< this close to a million dollars.

Last edited by Joey P; 07-31-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:36 AM

Nah, Krustyland has its own currency. Just need $50k for the shuttlebus. Although at the end of the 41st part of the quest, you can trade tickets for dollars.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:30 AM

I don't have enough land to build a Krustyland, so it's probably for the best that I haven't gotten the update yet!

Making some money for land expansions...
Old 08-01-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigen View Post
I don't have enough land to build a Krustyland, so it's probably for the best that I haven't gotten the update yet!

Making some money for land expansions...
You only need room for the shuttle & 50 k, then you travel to krustyland! Too bad I only have 30 k and Homer is tied up for 25 more hours
Old 08-01-2013, 06:04 AM

Fantastic! I'll try to leave everyone free when I get home tonight and they're done with their 12h tasks, and hopefully I'll have gotten the update by then too.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Charter Member

I noticed with the update I/we lost the ability to tap on multiple things at the same time. I kept my houses packed together so I could click 'between' them and clear them out quickly. Can't do that anymore. I always thought it was odd that you couldn't do that when you went to other people's Springfields.

I wonder what the motivation was for that. Or rather, I wonder what the motivation was for programming in the ability to click on two or three things at once to begin with.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

When I clean my buildings now, I see the avatar of who grafitti'ed them in the first place as well. I like that update. Keeps me informed who is still playing.

You can visit other people's Krustyland to get tickets, folks, just like money in the main game.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:58 AM

ooooh I want to have my krustyland now!!! lol
you can alsosee how far along people are with their town in the friends screen now, I like that. Haven't seen the avatar thingie yet, looking forward to that. Didn't even know I had an avatar! where can I see my own?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
ooooh I want to have my krustyland now!!! lol
you can alsosee how far along people are with their town in the friends screen now, I like that. Haven't seen the avatar thingie yet, looking forward to that. Didn't even know I had an avatar! where can I see my own?
Sorry, by avatar I mean you can see their screen-name. I don't know why I said avatar there.

When you click the mop and bucket or on the handshake button, the name of who visited your town briefly appears. This is a new feature on the ios version, anyway.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
Sorry, by avatar I mean you can see their screen-name. I don't know why I said avatar there.

When you click the mop and bucket or on the handshake button, the name of who visited your town briefly appears. This is a new feature on the ios version, anyway.
That's interesting. I notice a lot of people complaining about "inactive" players and getting rid of them. I don't really understand the problem. They won't do anything in your city but you can still do things in their city.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigen View Post
Fantastic! I'll try to leave everyone free when I get home tonight and they're done with their 12h tasks, and hopefully I'll have gotten the update by then too.
You have to update in the App Store on iOS. Not sure if the equivalent is true on Android devices.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 AM

Krustyland!

I started it this morning but I didn't have much time to get it going. You'll need Krusty and Homer to start it out like Mahaloth said. Krusty recruits Homer to clean up the place.

Lately I've been having the toughest time going to other players' towns. I got burned out on whacking day and I end up going to a few towns per day depending on timing and stuff.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Krustyland!

I started it this morning but I didn't have much time to get it going. You'll need Krusty and Homer to start it out like Mahaloth said. Krusty recruits Homer to clean up the place.

Lately I've been having the toughest time going to other players' towns. I got burned out on whacking day and I end up going to a few towns per day depending on timing and stuff.
You'll need Krusty, Homer and Cletus to get started.
Homer cleans up the place, the Krusty has you put in the ring toss booth and you need Cletus to run it for 12 hours. Homer plays Ring Toss for 12 hours (3x4h), though he may be able to play the game without Cletus running it. But I'm sure you won't be able to advance to the next part of the game without clearing Cletus' schedule for 12 hours.

I'm kind of annoyed that I just got Bart tied up for something like the next 36+ hours. I haven't looked for a Krustyland walkthrough yet, but I get the feeling I'll need him sooner then that. I may have him take a break in between some of his jobs to run over there if need be.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:

that explains a lot still a nice feature though, I've been wondering who's visiting my town hope I get it on android too.
So I won't be able to actually start on krustyland until tomorrow afternoon
will be visiting everybody else their krustylands so I at the very least should get some joy from that lol
If I don't have krustyland yet, will the tickets I collect be saved or do I lose them? Anybody know?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
that explains a lot still a nice feature though, I've been wondering who's visiting my town hope I get it on android too.
So I won't be able to actually start on krustyland until tomorrow afternoon
will be visiting everybody else their krustylands so I at the very least should get some joy from that lol
If I don't have krustyland yet, will the tickets I collect be saved or do I lose them? Anybody know?
I don't think you can visit other Krustylands, can you?

Also, does anyone know if Krustland is going to be permanent? There was a couple of donut things I thought about buying, but if it's going to disappear in two months, I'm not going to waste my money on that.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I don't think you can visit other Krustylands, can you?

Also, does anyone know if Krustland is going to be permanent? There was a couple of donut things I thought about buying, but if it's going to disappear in two months, I'm not going to waste my money on that.
you can, on the friends screen you can even see who has a Krystyland, at least I can, I'm on android. I even collected some tickets, but was wondering if I actually keep & save them as I don't have Krustyland yet

In the NPC Springfield (other Springfield) Krustyland seems completely finished!

Last edited by djoelie; 08-01-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:23 AM

I just visited your Krustyland
Old 08-01-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:

I don't see it on the android version
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Nevermind, got the shuttle, went to Krustyland, have 18 tickets Still have to wait 18 hours until Homer is available though
Old 08-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Charter Member

I can see, on Android, who tapped on my houses. I can see it my phone, haven't checked on my tablet.
I have noticed that since the update, I'm crashing quite a bit on both my phone and my tablet (Nexus 10, Android).
It happens when I'm setting everyone on tasks, one after another.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:27 PM

maybe I didn't look close enough lol, will have to wait and see. After android update today I recieved another small update for Tapped Out, maybe that's it?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
maybe I didn't look close enough lol, will have to wait and see. After android update today I recieved another small update for Tapped Out, maybe that's it?
I can see it for handshakes, but not when cleaning up graffiti.

Also, I noticed that when putting Rod and Todd on the see-saw, you only get paid for ONE 4 hour job. I'll have to verify that by actually putting them on it and counting the money when they're done, but until then, I'll just send them to school and collect two 6 hour jobs.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:08 AM

I did see some names, but not all the time. It was the same for babysitting rod and todd, wasn't it? I don't have them yet, but it is kind of strange. You do get paid more for the smithers and burns and the flanders and that other guy combo...
Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 AM

I'm on an Android and I saw some names sometimes as well. It seemed kind of odd.

Anyway, I've been going to the other towns' Krustylands and getting tickets there. It appears that you can get 3 items from other towns total, so some or all from the town and/or Krustyland. What I did last night, since this is the early stages of theme park is getting the ticket and XP from the front gate and then coming back a couple hours later to get it again. This will change as we fill out the area with more attractions, but it's something you can do now. Although for some reason, a few of the front gates weren't paying out.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I did see some names, but not all the time. It was the same for babysitting rod and todd, wasn't it? I don't have them yet, but it is kind of strange. You do get paid more for the smithers and burns and the flanders and that other guy combo...
I don't think we get double money for interrogating a squealer, which requires Legs and Louie, either.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Although for some reason, a few of the front gates weren't paying out.
It's only going to payout if the person who owns the city hasn't already collected it, just like the houses. I was going to Krustylands too, but after a while I got kinda sick of trying to find the shuttles. Though I did notice that A)most people keep them on the right side and B)Most people keep them next to El Chemistri (it matches well).

I'm sure as everyone expands their Krustyland and there's more rides and things payout more often it'll be more worth it to go, but for now, it was a big hassle to go to another Springfield (wait for it to load), find the shuttle and go to Krustyland (wait for it to load) only to get there and find no tickets or literally nothing, just a parking lot then have to go back. I'll probably wait a few days before I start going to Krustylands again.

In the mean time, I put Bart on a 24 hour quest last night so I'm stuck until then. So while I'm waiting, I'm having Lisa, Kearny and Milhouse ride the Death Drop over and over and over. Also Homer and Cletus are at the Ring Toss and Krusty is working the front gate. The tickets are piling up fast. As soon as Bart is done with his other job and finishes this one, I'll have plenty of money to buy the next thing on the list. I think I'm in the 1200 ticket range already.

Quote:
I don't think we get double money for interrogating a squealer, which requires Legs and Louie, either.
I'm 99% sure you do. I've never actually counted it, but it takes twice as long to tap all the money to reset them.

Last edited by Joey P; 08-02-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
It's only going to payout if the person who owns the city hasn't already collected it, just like the houses. I was going to Krustylands too, but after a while I got kinda sick of trying to find the shuttles. Though I did notice that A)most people keep them on the right side and B)Most people keep them next to El Chemistri (it matches well).
I've been getting there from the visit other towns screen, I haven't been taking the shuttles. It's not 100%, but there is a difference between tapping on the city and tapping on Krustyland.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

How much more mini golf?? It feels like I've been sending people off to play in Homer's tournament for the past week, and the golfing seems to have brought the Squidport to a dead stop. Just as well, seeing as it takes 48 hours to build each section.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpasswords View Post
How much more mini golf?? It feels like I've been sending people off to play in Homer's tournament for the past week, and the golfing seems to have brought the Squidport to a dead stop. Just as well, seeing as it takes 48 hours to build each section.
I seem to be on at least my third round of golf. Plus, since I'm in the middle of Krustyland, I put off the next golf round until whatever I'm building is done. I'd hate to be 5 hours into a golf tournament to find out I need one of the players for 30 minutes in Krustyland to move forward there.

As for Squidport, I figured that was done, I haven't been asked to build anything there in a long time, but I keep building the tiles. I've got plenty of money and since they take so long to build, I might as well stock up on them. I don't want them to ask me to build something and have to wait four days while I build the decking or turn all my building sideways to make room for it. If nothing else, I'll eventually have enough tiles to expand the pier and make something out of it that looks a bit nicer.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Has anyone else been having problems, since the update, of accidentally putting people on the wrong jobs? Normally, I could tap someone, click on all their money, click on them one more time to pop up their job list (all with muscle memory) and select the job I wanted. Now, if I try to do that, I seem to end up putting them on 4 hour jobs by accident. Something changed. I end up clicking a lot slower now so that doesn't happen, or boxing/unboxing buildings so I can put people on the jobs I wanted them on.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've been getting there from the visit other towns screen, I haven't been taking the shuttles. It's not 100%, but there is a difference between tapping on the city and tapping on Krustyland.
This is correct. You can just tap Krustyland on someone's visit screen and it goes directly there.