Old 08-10-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Friend of Trump and HUD official Lynne Patton blames Hillary for the Epstein "suicide".
https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment...y-14295259.php
That's been the line on Twitter, certainly: Hillary had Epstein killed! The details are a bit lacking. How Hillary got her assassin into a prison run by the federal government--a government headed by people not very friendly toward Hillary--remains unexplained.

The other theme pushed by Trump enablers such as Rod Rosenstein is that 'pedophiles commit suicide in prison all the time and you can't really do anything to stop them.' It's very weaksauce; professionals in the field expressed great surprise at the idea that Epstein was able to commit suicide:

Quote:
Sam Bagenstos ✔ @sbagen
Scandalous. I supervised jail suicide investigations at DOJ. Experts will tell you that it’s essentially always true that jail inmate suicides are preventable, so when one happens it represents a *major* failure on the part of the jail. https://twitter.com/gregmitch/status...93100955959296

Greg Mitchell @GregMitch
Among other things incredible dereliction by prison: Jeffrey Epstein Commits Suicide at Manhattan Jail https://nyti.ms/2YZA51O
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...de-report.html

Quote:
...for reasons still unknown as of Saturday afternoon, Epstein was taken off of suicide watch on July 29 and returned to the MCC’s special housing unit, according to the Times. Typically, that should have only happened if the prison’s chief psychologist approved the change after evaluating the inmate and justifying why they are no longer at risk of harming themselves.
ibid

There is a story here. But William Barr is in charge of the investigation, so we may never know what really happened.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
There is a story here. But William Barr is in charge of the investigation, so we may never know what really happened.

I hear Mueller's at loose ends.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
After the election, he could no longer bang the conservative drum, so he went off into vague "values" type topics that no one for a minute believes he cares about.
Yale invited him to be a special lecturer, so now Brooks thinks he’s a Big Thinker.

Cory Lewandowski and Sean Spicer got invited to Harvard. Our fancy Universities should really give more thought as to with which pigs they wish to lie.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
I hear Mueller's at loose ends.
Great idea, if he'd do it (bet he wouldn't) and if Barr would let anyone with integrity within a mile of the investigation (know he won't).

It's really very depressing.

Next we should be looking at stories about Manhattan Correctional Center personnel mysteriously falling out of windows, and/or unexpectedly coming into money and moving to countries without US extradition treaties.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Yale invited him to be a special lecturer, so now Brooks thinks he’s a Big Thinker.

Cory Lewandowski and Sean Spicer got invited to Harvard. Our fancy Universities should really give more thought as to with which pigs they wish to lie.
Given those names--at least the latter two--one has to assume that there are boatloads of donation cash involved. Dark-money guys like people such as Lewandowski and Spicer because when given a party line, they will stick to it. 'What this nation needs is for Congress to go away' and the like.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Friend of Trump and HUD official Lynne Patton blames Hillary for the Epstein "suicide".
https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment...y-14295259.php
As someone on Twitter said, "if Hilary is that powerful, how is Bill still alive"?
Old 08-11-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg View Post
As someone on Twitter said, "if Hilary is that powerful, how is Bill still alive"?
They're powerful together, like Voltron or Captain Planet.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:

If she were that powerful, why is Trump occupying the White House?
Old 08-11-2019, 07:41 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
If she were that powerful, why is Trump occupying the White House?
She playing the long game.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
And how could she lose Pennsylvania?
Old 08-11-2019, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
That's been the line on Twitter, certainly: Hillary had Epstein killed! The details are a bit lacking. How Hillary got her assassin into a prison run by the federal government--a government headed by people not very friendly toward Hillary--remains unexplained.
She persuaded the prison staff to look the other way by promising them pubescent nooky in that pizza place basement. Being mostly Republicans they, of course, jumped at the chance to emulate Dear Leader. Do try to keep up.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
She persuaded the prison staff to look the other way by promising them pubescent nooky in that pizza place basement. Being mostly Republicans they, of course, jumped at the chance to emulate Dear Leader. Do try to keep up.
Oh, it was part of a turf war. So, Epstein's stable of girls was competition for the pizza place so she had him knocked off as a warning to anyone else who might think of muscling in on her territory. Have I got that right? I'm so confused. My clusterfuck chart is a complete mess; there's so many dots connected that it looks like a damn Jackson Pollock painting.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
To make you ask this very question of course. And thus, blanketed in your false sense of security re:Killhary and blinded by her obvious ruse, you now defend her and, complicit, deny the TRUTH. You have now become her unwitting agent. Soon you'll kill for her. And the full house of domino falls from the 3 point line : checkmate and dix de der.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
...I can't help but think of Beethoven and Napoleon:
Thanks for that Thelma, I forwarded that to my cousin. She is very much a Beethoven fan and musician. She also has the same opinion of Trump as do all thinking people.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQwark View Post
Oh, it was part of a turf war. So, Epstein's stable of girls was competition for the pizza place so she had him knocked off as a warning to anyone else who might think of muscling in on her territory. Have I got that right? I'm so confused. My clusterfuck chart is a complete mess; there's so many dots connected that it looks like a damn Jackson Pollock painting.
For myself, I see it as a yarn shop full of cats. Dumb cats.

Trump will be long dead before he and his cronies crimes can ever be cataloged and investigated. This is his goal. It will take decades and will need its own wiki.

Last edited by enipla; 08-11-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
For myself, I see it as a yarn shop full of cats. Dumb cats.

Trump will be long dead before he and his cronies crimes can ever be cataloged and investigated. This is his goal. It will take decades and will need its own wiki.

For Trump? It should be called a faki.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:08 PM

Former John Gotti "associate" claims that Barr visited the prison where Epstein was being held two weeks before his death.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/11/former...althy-inmates/
Old 08-12-2019, 08:48 AM

Don't say the Trumps ever let a fine moment to show how shitty they are go unmolested. Put here because of her position with the administration.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:08 AM

Trump administration to penalize immigrants who use or might use public benefits, a move aimed at curbing legal immigration

Quote:
In one of President Trump’s most significant immigration moves to date, applicants could be denied green cards and other immigration benefits if they use food assistance, housing vouchers or other forms of public welfare.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.
So, will this apply to people in the country legally, but haven't got their green cards yet?

Last edited by dasmoocher; 08-12-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
Trump administration to penalize immigrants who use or might use public benefits, a move aimed at curbing legal immigration

So, will this apply to people in the country legally, but haven't got their green cards yet?

I believe I asked this before, but what about Resident Aliens who enlist into the US Armed Forces and use public benefits. We currently have US service members using food stamps, even at the base commissary, so they can feed their families.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I believe I asked this before, but what about Resident Aliens who enlist into the US Armed Forces and use public benefits. We currently have US service members using food stamps, even at the base commissary, so they can feed their families.
The story has been updated with more details and I would say the military probably won't be affected, but with this admin, who knows in the future? Unless they're white immigrants, of course.

Quote:
The new policy for “Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds,” which appeared Monday on the Federal Register’s website and will take effect in two months, sets new standards for obtaining permanent residency and U.S. citizenship. The Trump administration has been seeking to limit those immigrants who might draw on taxpayer-funded benefits, such as many of those who have been fleeing Central America, while allowing more highly skilled and wealthy immigrants into the United States.

Wealth, education, age and English-language skills will take on greater importance in the process for obtaining a green card, as the change seeks to redefine what it means to be a “public charge,” as well as who is likely to be one under U.S. immigration law.

The rule effectively circumvents earlier, failed efforts by the administration to build support in Congress for a similar “merit-based” overhaul to the immigrant visa system, and fulfills a longtime goal of senior Trump adviser Stephen Miller and other immigration hawks who have long sought new bureaucratic tools to reduce immigration levels.

Factors that can count against a green card applicant include having “a medical condition” that will interfere with work or school; not having enough money to cover “any reasonably foreseeable medical costs” related to such a medical condition; having “financial liabilities;” having been approved to receive a public benefit, even if the individual has not actually received the benefit; having a low credit score; the absence of private health insurance; the absence of a college degree; not having the English language skills “sufficient to enter the job market;” or having a sponsor who is “unlikely” to provide financial support.

“With one regulation, they are attempting to scratch two itches: one is penalizing immigrants for using public benefits that they are legally entitled to, and the other is cutting legal immigration in half,” said Doug Rand, a former Obama administration official and an immigration consultant. “And the way you cut legal immigration in half is by kicking the doors out from the definition of ‘likely to become a public charge.’”

Trump has on multiple occasions alluded to the types of people that he would like to keep from coming to the United States (Africans, Haitians, Muslims, Central Americans, etc.), and those he would like to see more of (Norwegians), drawing frequent allegations of overt racism from Democrats and some Republicans.
So, I would think military members aren't likely going to be considered "public charges", yet. After discharge, though?
Old 08-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I believe I asked this before, but what about Resident Aliens who enlist into the US Armed Forces and use public benefits.
This reminds me of my mother's husband, who immigrated to the U.S. as a child. He joined the Air Force, had a career with Hilton, retired... and never knew he wasn't a citizen until he applied for a passport to take his father's ashes back to Finland.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:15 PM

This is getting interesting.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...trump-for-2020

Quote:
"We are now in the early episodes of 'Chernobyl' on HBO, where the reactor is melting down and the apparatchiks are trying to figure out whether to cover it up or start the clean-up process," Scaramucci, who was ousted from his job after 11 days, told the outlet.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Quote:
"A couple more weeks like this and 'country over party' is going to require the Republicans to replace the top of the ticket in 2020," he said.
Republicans don't have the first fucking clue what "country over party" even means. Saying this to them is like trying to explain quantum dynamics to a snail.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
The story has been updated with more details and I would say the military probably won't be affected, but with this admin, who knows in the future? Unless they're white immigrants, of course.

So, I would think military members aren't likely going to be considered "public charges", yet. After discharge, though?
Haven't a few veterans ALREADY been deported? Yeah I think so. Their families are under attack too. That's because Bone Spur Boy Trump loves the military so much.

https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/0...-they-defended

https://www.npr.org/2016/01/13/46237...-been-deported

But if you're a con man draft dodging pedophile Russian asset, you get to be president.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Haven't a few veterans ALREADY been deported? Yeah I think so. Their families are under attack too. That's because Bone Spur Boy Trump loves the military so much.

https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/0...-they-defended

But if you're a con man draft dodging pedophile Russian asset, you get to be president.
So, without looking at the links first, I'm going to guess most, if not all, of the deported veterans are from countries south of the border and not from European countries.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
And Individual 1 retaliated against The Mooch, who has been his big supporter up until now. "Anthony Scaramucci, who was quickly terminated (11 days) from a position that he was totally incapable of handling, now seems to do nothing but television as the all time expert on “President Trump.” Like many other so-called television experts, he knows very little about me"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...592384513?s=20

And Scaramucci replied, "Recently he has said things that divide the country in a way that is unacceptable. So I didn't pass the 100% litmus test. Eventually he turns on everyone and soon it will be you and then the entire country."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/11/polit...ter/index.html
Old 08-12-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
"Anthony Scaramucci, who was quickly terminated (11 days) from a position that he was totally incapable of handling, now seems to do nothing but television as the all time expert on “President Trump.” Like many other so-called television experts, he knows very little about me"
Then why the fuck did you hire him? Seriously, can a White House Reporter not ask him that?

Quote:

And Scaramucci replied, "Recently he has said things that divide the country in a way that is unacceptable. So I didn't pass the 100% litmus test. Eventually he turns on everyone and soon it will be you and then the entire country."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/11/polit...ter/index.html
Truer words were never spoken.

- seen on a bumper sticker in Sacramento Ca
Old 08-12-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typo Negative View Post
Then why the fuck did you hire him? Seriously, can a White House Reporter not ask him that?
Where's our resident Trump Whisperer? How would he manage to answer that question without admitting that he was wrong?

Possibilities: By saying it wasn't his idea to hire Mooch? By saying Mooch lied about his qualifications? By saying he never liked the guy or trusted him, but was just trying to help out an undeserving loser?
Old 08-12-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Where's our resident Trump Whisperer? How would he manage to answer that question without admitting that he was wrong?

Possibilities: By saying it wasn't his idea to hire Mooch? By saying Mooch lied about his qualifications? By saying he never liked the guy or trusted him, but was just trying to help out an undeserving loser?
It was the failing fake news media's job to vet him.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Sluice Gate Tender, FCD #3
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
It was the failing fake news media's job to vet him.
Problem is, trying to gauge Trumpankhamen's response to a vetting by the FFNM quickly devolves into something like Vizzini working out which goblet had the iocane powder:
  • The FFNM says this individual is a corrupt, sycophantic asshole, which means I can clearly hire him.
  • BUT, the FFNM may want me to think that — in which case he's actually an upright, honorable man, which means I can clearly not hire him.
  • BUT, the FFNM may expect me to think he's actually an upright, honorable man, whereas he's really a corrupt, sycophantic asshole, which means I can clearly hire him.
Repeat ad nauseam.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
The basement of the Getty Museum is the new Comet Ping-Pong. Do try to keep up

https://m.facebook.com/truthcat/phot...0714435496128/

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 08-12-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:45 PM

Individual 1 reportedly tore out a magazine picture of Justin Trudeau, scrawled a brief note about the Canadian prime minister “looking good”, and made White House officials mail it to the Canadian Embassy.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tor...111759677.html
Old 08-12-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Individual 1 reportedly tore out a magazine picture of Justin Trudeau, scrawled a brief note about the Canadian prime minister “looking good”, and made White House officials mail it to the Canadian Embassy.
Good God. Did it have a little PS attached: "tick this box if U like me back"
Old 08-12-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
The basement of the Getty Museum is the new Comet Ping-Pong. Do try to keep up

https://m.facebook.com/truthcat/phot...0714435496128/
That explains why there were no kids in Grand Theft Auto 5. They were all underneath the Kortz Center!
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...4dUDCAU&uact=5
Old 08-12-2019, 04:55 PM

Ooh the Colonel and his wee beady eyes!
Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:

Which is kind of funny, though, since it's tax money paying the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
This reminds me of my mother's husband, who immigrated to the U.S. as a child. He joined the Air Force, had a career with Hilton, retired... and never knew he wasn't a citizen until he applied for a passport to take his father's ashes back to Finland.

In my military career, I met more than a few people (both resident alien and US citizens) who thought that simply enlisting the military automatically made one a citizen of the US. They were shocked to discover that is not the case.

Quote:
And Individual 1 retaliated against The Mooch, who has been his big supporter up until now. "Anthony Scaramucci, who was quickly terminated (11 days) from a position that he was totally incapable of handling, now seems to do nothing but television as the all time expert on “President Trump.” Like many other so-called television experts, he knows very little about me"

I need a new irony meter. Mine just broke down and cried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Quote:

Good God. Did it have a little PS attached: "tick this box if U like me back"

Of course not. Trump already believes he's universally beloved. But the PM did put a little smiley face on one piece of correspondence to the slime ball.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
"Tony Scaramuchi, who knows little about "Trump", played a very insignificant role in my Administration. I had nothing to do with hiring him, just like other unqualified people (of which there are sadly many) are hired without my approval. A bad call from Central Casting!"

Last edited by Smapti; 08-12-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
You know, if Donald Trump was the King instead of the President, we'd have appointed a regent by now.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
"Tony Scaramuchi, who knows little about "Trump", played a very insignificant role in my Administration. I had nothing to do with hiring him, just like other unqualified people (of which there are sadly many) are hired without my approval. A bad call from Central Casting!"
Good one!
Old 08-12-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
So, without looking at the links first, I'm going to guess most, if not all, of the deported veterans are from countries south of the border and not from European countries.
Well, one is from India, but I think that most of India is technically south of the border. Definitely not in Europe. But the second article is from 2016: that particular piece of crap has been going on for years.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
You know, if Donald Trump was the King instead of the President, we'd have appointed a regent by now.
And if we were following British precedent, that regent would be Ivanka.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Well, one is from India, but I think that most of India is technically south of the border. Definitely not in Europe. But the second article is from 2016: that particular piece of crap has been going on for years.
Yeah, I should have covered my bases by saying "Non-European countries". And it's not OK to treat our veterans like that under any president.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post

You might be getting even better at this. Or Trump is so far aboard the crazy train that weirder sounds more realistic.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:23 AM

The EPA, much like everything else in this administration, has been going on a downward spiral, but lately that spiral has been blown wide open - into black hole proportions - with several recent bulldozings:

Three weeks ago:
The Trump administration on Wednesday completed one of its biggest rollbacks of environmental rules, replacing a landmark Obama-era effort that sought to wean the nation’s electrical grid off coal-fired power plants and their climate-damaging pollution. .

Quote:
Joseph Goffman, an EPA official under President Barack Obama, said he feared that the Trump administration was trying to set a legal precedent that the Clean Air Act gives the federal government “next to no authority to do anything” about climate-changing emissions from the country’s power grid.
Today:
The Endangered Species Act had been a long-standing Republican bogeyman for years, concerning some nonsense about threatening jobs and costing too much money. "Economic analyses" will now be conducted to determine if a regulation is "too costly", (well, duh - axe that regulation!), and scientists can no longer use language such as "x species is threatened, facing possible extinction" (on that last [and quite fucking scary] point - explained here at 2:25 )

This horseshit has been one of президент Trump's earliest platforms, so, while this isn't the most surprising of news items, it's still just simply more monstrosity that does need to be brought to light; it cannot be just simply swept under the carpet as "yeah yeah - just another notch to add to the shit show"; shit like this needs to get more air, more legs, more protest, more pushback.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I should have covered my bases by saying "Non-European countries". And it's not OK to treat our veterans like that under any president.
Hell, you won the bet anyway: most were from south of the border, none was from an European country, which matches your guess.

And completely agreed on the second.

...I'm wondering what can be done to get American Grandmothers' votes. You know, that seems to be a "market group" which is as abandoned Over There as it is Over Here, but they happen to have the ability to vote, the Power of the Scolding (at least in most ethnicities; the reason y'all have so many jokes about Jewish Grandmas is simply that you have a lot of Jewish comedians writing the jokes, but they resonate with everybody who's got a proper Grandma) and the Power of the Preemptive Scolding. It's a huge group, but everybody talks as if they didn't exist; everybody is worried about their husbands or their daughters. Get the grandmas and you've got almost everybody of whom they can ask "you're NOT going to vote for THAT, are you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steatopygia View Post
You might be getting even better at this. Or Trump is so far aboard the crazy train that weirder sounds more realistic.
I don't remember which late night host it was that once remarked "you know, you don't need to imitate Alec Baldwin imitating you!"

Last edited by Nava; 08-13-2019 at 02:16 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
The EPA, much like everything else in this administration, has been going on a downward spiral, but lately that spiral has been blown wide open - into black hole proportions - with several recent bulldozings:

Three weeks ago:
The Trump administration on Wednesday completed one of its biggest rollbacks of environmental rules, replacing a landmark Obama-era effort that sought to wean the nation’s electrical grid off coal-fired power plants and their climate-damaging pollution. .

Today:
The Endangered Species Act had been a long-standing Republican bogeyman for years, concerning some nonsense about threatening jobs and costing too much money. "Economic analyses" will now be conducted to determine if a regulation is "too costly", (well, duh - axe that regulation!), and scientists can no longer use language such as "x species is threatened, facing possible extinction" (on that last [and quite fucking scary] point - explained here at 2:25 )

This horseshit has been one of президент Trump's earliest platforms, so, while this isn't the most surprising of news items, it's still just simply more monstrosity that does need to be brought to light; it cannot be just simply swept under the carpet as "yeah yeah - just another notch to add to the shit show"; shit like this needs to get more air, more legs, more protest, more pushback.
Trump's obsession with coal is just profoundly stupid. Many of those jobs aren't coming back even if he bans solar, wind, and other renewables. And how the fuck does polluting rivers, forests, and air help the local economy?
Old 08-13-2019, 05:51 AM

To "own the libz".

That's the reason for much of what he does, the reason his supporters support him, and do what they do, and the reason that many conservatives don't oppose him*.
The entire right wing of the American political system appears to have been taken over by simple spitefulness.

**Like most of the conservatives on this very board. They'll say, when pressed, that they don't support Trump and/or didn't vote for him - yet almost all of their other posts are minimizing any concerns that liberals have about Trump's actions, or flat-out denying them.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:58 AM

When Trump finishes the magnificent wall that he promised to all of his fucking idiots, then he'll surely make with the fabulous coal mining jobs that he promised to his fucking idiots. First things first, he's not a miracle worker, you know.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post

<snp>

I'm sure this has been posted, but as a reminder from last week:

EPA dropped salmon protection after Trump met with Alaska governor

Quote:
The Environmental Protection Agency told staff scientists that it was no longer opposing a controversial Alaska mining project that could devastate one of the world's most valuable wild salmon fisheries just one day after President Trump met with Alaska's governor, CNN has learned.

The news came as a "total shock" to some top EPA scientists who were planning to oppose the project on environmental grounds, according to sources. Those sources asked to remain anonymous for fear of retribution.

The copper-and-gold mine planned near Bristol Bay, Alaska, known as Pebble Mine, was blocked by the Obama administration's EPA after scientists found that the mine would cause "complete loss of" the bay's fish habitat.

EPA insiders tell CNN that the timing of the agency's internal announcement suggests Trump was personally involved in the decision.
Trump's such a simpleton, one's gotta wonder how much of fucking over the environment is revenge for the Scottish windmills.

Trump Hates Windmills—and It Has Nothing to Do With His Bogus Cancer Claims

Trump claimed Tuesday that windmills cause cancer. But his long hate-affair with the renewable energy began in 2006, when he didn’t wanted them near his golf course in Scotland.

Quote:
But his hatred for windmills has been long and enduring, dating all the way back to 2006, when they interfered with his plans for a golf course on the Scottish coast. At the National Republican Congressional Committee fundraiser dinner Tuesday, the president floated his latest conspiracy theory about the renewable energy turbine, claiming its large metal structure decreases surrounding property values and its “noise” causes cancer.

His feud with wind power started in 2006, when Trump was developing plans to build a golf course in Balmedie, Scotland, just as a renewable energy group was developing a multimillion-dollar offshore wind farm close by. The idea of windmills spoiling the view on his golf course put Trump on the offensive, and he threatened to pull out of the deal—a move that prompted more wind farm proposals and social in-fighting.

“With the reckless installation of these monsters, you will single-handedly have done more damage to Scotland than virtually any event in Scottish history,” Trump wrote in an angry letter to the Scottish first minister, according to previous reporting by The Daily Beast. “I have just authorized my staff to allocate a substantial amount of money to launch an international campaign to fight your plan to surround Scotland’s coast with many thousands of wind turbines.”
[my bold]

Yes, the installation of windmills viewable from Trump's golf course was one of the most damaging events in Scottish history.

Looks like Mel Gibson should have waited a few years before making his movie about Scotland; he obviously missed the true hardship Scotland has faced.