Old 09-18-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc View Post
None of those answer my question, and (2) is actively stupid. Whatever...
It's at most passively stupid.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:27 PM

Okay, fair.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Okay, fair.
Thanks! I'm nothing if not fair.
Old Yesterday, 03:29 AM

WTF is this thread about, now?
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM

The right wing “Point of View” show on my local CBS station just mentioned Omar several times but I didn’t hear the details. Was there some new development, or are they just dancing to the oldies? Host Chris Berg pressed my congressman, Collin Peterson (DFL-MN) about whether he would refer Omar to the Ethics Committee and Peterson clearly looked uncomfortable but would not say “no”. Instead, he said he would “ask them about it”, but that he has many other more important issues on his plate right now. Ask them about what?

Last edited by SlackerInc; Yesterday at 06:56 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Quote:
The right wing “Point of View” show on my local CBS station just mentioned Omar several times but I didn’t hear the details. Was there some new development, or are they just dancing to the oldies? Host Chris Berg pressed my congressman, Collin Peterson (DFL-MN) about whether he would refer Omar to the Ethics Committee and Peterson clearly looked uncomfortable but would not say “no”. Instead, he said he would “ask them about it”, but that he has many other more important issues on his plate right now. Ask them about what?
Googling suggests this. Basically she is alleged to have had an affair with a married man who runs a consulting company that her campaign hired. Having an affair with a married man is bad, if true, but hardly earth shattering. As far as the payments go, helping liberal campaigns like Omar's is exactly the sort of thing this consulting company regularly does, so even if there was an affair it could be easily be that it started because of the payments (and work associated with them) rather than the payments caused by the affair.

Compared with Stormy Daniels and Trump's self dealing campaign spending this seem a pretty weak tea.

Last edited by Buck Godot; Yesterday at 07:19 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

Too late to edit:

Re-reading the article it sounds like the payments were made post campaign which is bit more suspicious, on the other hand it could be that they are just the paying off of old invoices.
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM

All the new furor is based off of a single accusation by a woman whose husband is leaving her? Pardon me if I don't believe it based on her word alone.
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
Googling suggests this. Basically she is alleged to have had an affair with a married man who runs a consulting company that her campaign hired. Having an affair with a married man is bad, if true, but hardly earth shattering. As far as the payments go, helping liberal campaigns like Omar's is exactly the sort of thing this consulting company regularly does, so even if there was an affair it could be easily be that it started because of the payments (and work associated with them) rather than the payments caused by the affair.

Compared with Stormy Daniels and Trump's self dealing campaign spending this seem a pretty weak tea.

That should not be the standard. I hate when I see people saying things like this, because we could justify almost anything by using that subterranean bar.
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Quote:
That should not be the standard. I hate when I see people saying things like this, because we could justify almost anything by using that subterranean bar.
This is below even that. This is entirely based on a divorce filing - you know, the type of thing that gets thrown around at the end of contentious marriages, like the divorce in question.

It's literally, "I think he's cheating on me with that tramp!" blown into astronomical proportions. And it has as much basis in evidence as every other complaint lodged against her in this thread.
Old Today, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygnu View Post
How Muslim baby formula causes immigrants to marry their guns to get a green card.
Old Today, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygnu View Post
Brown woman with foreign-sounding name gets uppity, attracts vultures
Old Today, 10:03 AM

Uppity Omar sounds like an old-time radio show.
Old Today, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Uppity Omar sounds like an old-time radio show.
And now I'm suddenly imagining Ilhan Omar as the star of an old-school animated TV show, like Betty Boop.
Old Today, 10:32 AM

Quote:
"Important safety tip...thanks, Egon."