Old 02-29-2020, 07:15 PM

And just because spidey shouldn't have all the fun, First on Five!

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 02-29-2020 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:41 PM

A trip to the bookstore (2 for me, 1 for the kiddos) and the grocery stores is done. I took Nelson to the dog park, where he had several little guys to play with. Takeout from the OK Chinese for supper. Now to make the bed.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:42 PM

I am alive. Slept most of the day. Cooked a frozen pizza cause that’s all I felt like doing. Hubby wasn’t feeling that great today either. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

It is actually chilly here. Probably in the high 60’s or mid 60’s. Chilly for here and it’s supposed to last all week. I like it. Tomorrow I shall open all the windows and let the place air out. I also have the obligatory laundry. Our dishwasher has started leaking so I shall shop online for a new one. Everything in this house plumbing related has gone bad here lately.

Happy weekend everyone.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:43 AM

It's not currently raining! There's blue sky and it's not even all that windy. It's not expected to last more than a few hours, so I'm nipping out to check the bees haven't starved yet (no way they've been out much to feed on the spring blossom) and calling in at the allotment.

Seriously, this winter has been depressingly soggy and windy, really bad even by local standards- and this is one of the rainiest areas in England. I'm in danger of growing gills...
Old 03-01-2020, 05:45 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

And it's March, just like that. 1/6 of the year is gone. Yoiks!

No plans for the day beyond breakfast.

Happy Sunday!
Old 03-01-2020, 05:48 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 35 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of <snerk> 69! <snerk> and mostly N.O.S. for the day. The big plan of the day is deheathenization. This bein' the first Sunday, we shall have common worship followed by (duh!) First Sunday brunch. I made a corn casserole and a gallon each of sweet and unsweet tea. We have some snausages leftover from Shrove Tuesday which shall be heated up. YUM! I shall also serve Chalice this mornin'. After that, who knows what might ensue.

Becks sounds like it has been a fun weekend. Rest up today as you can for the big day tomorrow! Is there anyone who will be able to update us on what's goin' on?

gotti wow! I'm sure Wednesday cannot get here soon enough for you.

doggio you are the king of nad puns. I prostate myself at your feet.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants sustenance. Then purtification for dehathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 03-01-2020, 08:23 AM

Good morning!

Up, caffeinating, breakfasting and a load of clothes in the wash. Other than the usual Sunday chores, today should be a lazy one.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:46 AM

Happy Sunday!
It is a bright sunshiny day, 36 degrees, going up to 48.

It was 21 at the park this morning, but it actually felt refreshing and was a nice time.

Looks like I will be skipping over miscellaneous and heading straight into sentimental decluttering today. Niece1 sent me a text asking if I have any photos of her mother, she is making a scrap book for her daughter. She asked her mother for them, but her mother said all of her photos are in storage. In other words, I don't have time for that.
Her mother probably won't be happy with some of the photos I'll be digging out, but that is not my problem. I have several of her in her bathing suit holding a bottle of whiskey. As much as I can't stand the bitch I have to admit she looks pretty hot.
I suppose it doesn't hurt for kids to know their grandparents were pretty cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIveh5n1DWo

Most of them though, will just be boring family photos.

So the plan for today is to dig through old photos, and decide what to make for dinner.
I hate to cook.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:57 AM

Morning all. Nice day in N. Ali-bama, 55F now heading for the mid-60's today, but rain tonight will cool us down. Dinner and puttering about is on the schedule, but not much else.

All y'all take care.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:15 AM

Today is my last whole day at home. Hospital days are nigh.
Butterflies in my tummy.
Beautiful day in S. Arkansas.
The crowds keep growing around here. My Sister's on her way from Texas.
I probably oughta get up and get clothes on, I kinda like laying in bed though.
My Cats are hiding under my bed.
DIL, and daughters are managing UP duties.

Have a nice Sunday, y'all.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:21 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Looks like we're going to give keto a shot. FCD really needs to shed some poundage before surgery and my sister had a lot of luck with this plan. I was looking at recipes - it's going to be a big mental change for me, after years of the WW mindset. We'll see how it goes.

Good thoughts to ya, Beck! We'll miss you, so get your butt back here soonly!
Old 03-01-2020, 10:41 AM

Keto was hard for the first few days. You might get the 'keto flu'.
Drink lots of water, and you'll have to use more salt.

He's a bit religious, but this guy has really good videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmK...DPIWgrVqGYbc3w
This guy is pretty good too https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIm...1Mz2AuOt6wRSUw
This guy likes to cook and has some good recipes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ9...Vp0wiQWQedaShw
Old 03-01-2020, 10:43 AM

oh, and her stuff is pretty good too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJ...dHhDHRu4t8KXSw
Old 03-01-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
And it's March, just like that. 1/6 of the year is gone. Yoiks!
Seriously? Time really is speeding up as I get older, isn't it?

Today's game plan: organizing DH's gear for his first workday in six months tomorrow, and getting ready to resume commuting by bus (ugh). Must spend a little time today communing with the transit system's trip planner (and/or Google Maps) to figure out my new commute, since the massive rearrangement of the system was due to take effect the Monday following DH's accident. I think I've used transit twice since then, and once wasn't to get to irk.

Cooking is also on the agenda. DH needs heat-and-eat breakfasts, since he's just not functional enough first thing in the morning to cope with anything more complex. I also have some chicken marinating.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:20 PM

Today's already been a pretty good day. Are Sundays family phone calls at your place, too? I've already had long chats with my brother and Kid #2. Kid #1 will call later. A friend and neighbor called with a mini-crisis, so I spent time with her. And I've been doing some reorganizing. Later on, I'll take a walk. A nice, quiet Sunday!

Beck, you know you have legions of fans wishing you well, right? We'll all be thinking about you.

FCM, a lot of people I know swear by keto. I simply can't do it. My brain chemistry gets weird if I have no grains. I think it has something to do with serotonin. I hope you and FCD find it's an easy and satisfying way to eat. It's so cool you're doing this together!

gotti, only three more days!
Old 03-01-2020, 04:20 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We deheathenated, had First Sunday N.O,L., came back to da cave and achieved nappage. All in all a pretty good Sunday. We did The Great Litany this mornin'. Where we say Good Lord deliver us over and over and over, I always imagine the Good Lord sayin' Good Lord will you people just hush! and when we say We beseech thee to hear us Good Lord over and over and over, I always imagine the Good Lord sayin' Alright, enough already I hear you!
Old 03-01-2020, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Well, fine, then, I'll just talk to myself!

I want y'all to know I have accomplished the monumental task of haulin' the biiiiiiiiiig trash can all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow. I know how everyone worries about that.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:44 PM

Looks like there's not a whole lot shakin' around here today...either that or the time out issue is keeping folks out. I received one of those the first time I tried.

Not a lot going on here. Nelson and I went to the dog park (his dachshund buddies Watson and Chip were there) and there's rogan josh, rice and Indian fried cabbage on for supper.

See y'all tomorrow!
Old 03-01-2020, 07:38 PM
Charter Member

Lazy day, but I did go to Tar Zay for some Prilosec, and do a load of laundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Today is my last whole day at home. Hospital days are nigh.
Butterflies in my tummy.
Beautiful day in S. Arkansas.
The crowds keep growing around here. My Sister's on her way from Texas.
I probably oughta get up and get clothes on, I kinda like laying in bed though.
My Cats are hiding under my bed.
DIL, and daughters are managing UP duties.

Have a nice Sunday, y'all.
: crosses appropriate and inappropriate appendages for Beck :

red, does Josh want to be rogan-ed?
Old 03-01-2020, 08:02 PM

Busy, lots of people around me. No time for nerves.
Good thing.
We've had a good family meal. The girls handled it all. Kinda of eclectic. But good. Plenty for all.
Most are playing UNO.
Mr.Wrekker is out in his office. Kids are running around.
I'm visiting the cats and dogs in my bedroom. The cats know somethings up. They've barely left my side all day. The dogs are having fun with Mid-daughters Chihuahuas. Right now they are all on my bed. I expect WW3 any moment now.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
Lazy day, but I did go to Tar Zay for some Prilosec, and do a load of laundry.

: crosses appropriate and inappropriate appendages for Beck :

red, does Josh want to be rogan-ed?
Consensual.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Howdy Y'all! We deheathenated, had First Sunday N.O,L., came back to da cave and achieved nappage. All in all a pretty good Sunday. We did The Great Litany this mornin'. Where we say Good Lord deliver us over and over and over, I always imagine the Good Lord sayin' Good Lord will you people just hush! and when we say We beseech thee to hear us Good Lord over and over and over, I always imagine the Good Lord sayin' Alright, enough already I hear you!
I saw a church sign once that said "Don't make me come down there--God"
Old 03-01-2020, 08:40 PM

Best wishes, Beck; y'all hurry back here.

Nettie, hope DH's and your days work out with a minimum of fuss.

Did very little with the day, most internettin' and watching TV; Did get to Lone Star for dinner and stopped at Wal-Mart for a few necessities, but outside of that was pretty quiescent. No nappage however, so should sleep well tonight. Wrote a check to deposit money in my Savings account tomorrow, so that may be my big job for Moanday.

All y'all take care and I'll catch you on the next MMP.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I went & got the mail & now I'm .
Old_Wench, please go into the living room, up to the bottles of good booze, & talk to the box next to it. Please tell him that I'm mad he didn't live long enough for me to tell him that in the mail was a trophy () from my recent PriBi, which I had never even heard of before he planted the idea in my head that they'd be a blast (literally)!
Yes, I know this is last week's MMP but I just got around to catching up, so some random responses:

Spiderman, I did as you asked and he said "Congratulations! I taught you well, Grasshopper [hic!]."

Best healing wishes to FCD and Beckadwreck (and their families and caretakers) on their upcoming surgeries.

Re: nads (and there's a subject line I never expected to type )

Kopek's high school football team was the Gladiators. Kopek was in the marching band. A certain person in the marching band started referring to the football team as the "Nadiators" and started chanting "Go, Nads!!" Need I say more?