Old 10-24-2014, 11:41 PM

Where to begin. How about government grants for any of the following:

Watching grass grow in Florida
Teaching college students to laugh
A cultural exchange for "nose flutists"
Humiliating terrorists with angry tweets
Studying "hangry" (hungry and angry) spouses as they stick pins into voodoo dolls
Teaching monkeys to play video games to unlock the secrets of free will
Studying the effect of Swedish foot massage on rabbits

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...23-column.html
Old 10-24-2014, 11:50 PM

I can't speak to any of the items on that list, but it echoes the old Golden Fleece award Senator Proxmire used to give out. Except that he was full of crap. He'd condemn things like, "Paying people to sort rabbit poop" or the like...without the context: studying signs of malnutrition in rabbits on variant feeding programs, to measure caloric intake.

i.e., legitimate science, which he would spin to make sound foolish.

I'll bet a pickle that some of the items you just listed are, in fact, valid and productive, and the article's writer simply isolated parts of the studies' descriptions to make them sound more foolish than they are.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Anconia View Post
Where to begin. How about government grants for any of the following:
Let's have a look at a few of those, shall we? And rather than use a crappy Chicago Tribune link that requires registration, why don't we go directly to Senator Coburn's 2014 Wastebook. You can download the full document (PDF) from that web page.
Quote:
Watching grass grow in Florida
Here's what the Wastebook tells us about this project:
Quote:
The Department of Interior’s U.S. Fish
and Wildlife Service is spending $10,000 on
the project being conducted in the Guana
Tolomato-Matanzas preserve by the Florida
Department of Environmental Protection
(FDEP). The money will “cover the cost to
monitor grasses, restore two acres as a
demonstration and publish a guide on best
practices for cultivating the cordgrass, known
formally as Spartina alterniflora."

p. 14
What the Wastebook fails to reveal, but can be found in one of the sources they use for the report, is that the grass in question is a crucial component of an estuarine region that generates millions of dollars in economic activity every year:
Quote:
The grass is the foundation for a whole web of marsh life that brings both work and play to the region.

The marsh in the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve – Small’s office is there, though she manages preserves up through Duval and Nassau counties – supports estuaries used by commercially important types of shrimp, grouper, seabass, snapper and flounder, as well as sport fish such as snook, drum, tarpon and pompano.

The Guana estuaries hold most of the $246 million in annual value the reserve was estimated a few years ago to add to the region through functions like controlling erosion, sheltering wildlife, pollinating plants and cleaning and controlling water that flows through the area’s waterways.
Spending $10,000 to help preserve a quarter-billion dollar annual resource? Sounds like a pretty wise use of government money to me.
Quote:
Teaching college students to laugh
Complete misrepresentation. The Senator's own report belies the dishonest title. These are not "laughing classes." One of the two course funded is described thus in the report:
Quote:
The seminar, called “Why Is It Funny” will “examine
issues such as how laughter plays with our
perceptions, the appeal of subversive humor,
whether comedy is ‘a guy thing,’ the role of
laughter in civic discourse, and whether we
can laugh at war.” In addition to readings
from Aristotle, Shakespeare, and Oscar Wilde,
students will watch classic films and episodes
of M*A*S*H.

p. 35
I understand that some might find this sort of stuff pointless, but unless you're just an ignoramus who believes that all liberal arts education is a waste of time, then this class is no less valuable than any other humanities class in teaching students skills of analysis, critical thinking, writing, argumentation, etc., etc.
Quote:
A cultural exchange for "nose flutists"
Another horrendously dishonest title. The $90 million in alleged waste here is devoted to State Department programs in cultural exchange. According to the Department's own website, the aim of the Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau is:
Quote:
to build friendly, peaceful relations between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through academic, cultural, sports, and professional exchanges, as well as public -private partnerships.
Given the amount that we spend spying on, bombing, shooting and threatening people around the world, spending ninety million on some good relations seems like small potatoes. As for the alleged "nose flutist" exchange, the report is here referring to a $1.5 million musical exchange program that features:
Quote:
public concerts, interactive performances with
local traditional musicians, lecture
demonstrations, workshops, jam sessions and
media interviews and performances.

p. 20
One of the participants last year was apparently a nose flutist. Big fucking deal.

Note also that the total cost of the three examples given above is just over $90 million, and the total cost of all of Senator Coburn's alleged boondoggles comes to about $25 billion. I wonder if he was as concerned about spending $10 billion a month in Iraq a decade ago, or with the $4-6 trillion projected cost of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? And that doesn't even include the newest efforts against ISIS, which Coburn strongly supports.

One of the biggest single areas of waste, according to the report, is $4.2 billion lost to identity thieves "stealing tax returns from unsuspecting taxpayers." The IRS should, of course, do everything possible to prevent this, but a GAO Report (PDF) on the problem notes that some of the measures it recommends to combat fraud, including things like adjusting W-2 deadlines and delaying refunds, would also leave the IRS open to criticism for placing greater burdens on employers, and also for hanging onto taxpayers' money. In addition, the law requires that the IRS pay interest on refunds not issued within 45 days, meaning that one of the measures designed to prevent fraud could also end up costing the government extra money in interest payments (see esp. pp. 14-24 of the report).

Another large area of waste that is dishonestly represented in the report headlines is $3 billion allegedly spent on "Golf Club Testing, Elementary School Experiments Aboard the International Space Station." Of course, these little experiments constitute a tiny portion of the $3 billion that the US spends on the ISS. There are reasonable debates to be had over US spending on the space station, but dishonesty is not the place to begin those conversations.

I lost interest in following up on the rest of the stupid claims, but the blatant misrepresentation is the main takeaway from Coburn's report. Reasonable people can disagree over the need for programs like this, and there are intelligent debates to be had over what the government spends money on, and how much it needs to spend in total. But it seems that Senator Coburn is more interested in dishonest sensationalizing than in rational discussion, and when the whole debate is couched in such dishonest terms, it's hard to take the person making the claims seriously.

Last edited by mhendo; 10-25-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:59 AM

Fucking awesome post, mhendo. Well done.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Where to begin. How about government grants for any of the following:...
... Studying "hangry" (hungry and angry) spouses as they stick pins into voodoo dolls

[et cetera. Imagine it all said snarkily by Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendo View Post

[very large amount of real information. Unfortunately, it would take much work by Jon Stewart's team to make it humorous, and the jokes would appeal only to intelligent people]
Stupid liberal idea of the day? To imagine that dolts like D'Anconia have the capability or desire to fight their own ignorance.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Another large area of waste that is dishonestly represented in the report headlines is $3 billion allegedly spent on "Golf Club Testing, Elementary School Experiments Aboard the International Space Station."
I can picture silly experiments like this being considered necessary for the mental health of the station crew, i.e. giving them a chance to do something that isn't mission-critical or stressful, just kinda fun.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:45 AM

Thanks mhendo for taking on the task. It is pretty much always the case with these fucking things.

I wish conservatives weren't such reliable liars. If deceit and ignorance were my stock in trade, my conscience would be troubled.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Let's have a look at a few of those, shall we? And rather than use a crappy Chicago Tribune link that requires registration
That link doesnít require registration. In fact, I just double-checked, and it works fine for me. Sorry that your browser sucks.

Quote:
These are not "laughing classes." I understand that some might find this sort of stuff pointless.
Thereís no might about it. Itís de facto pointless. If colleges want to offer such nonsense, and pay ďteachersĒ to run them, and the students pay for that, no skin off my nose. But why should the government take other peopleís money to pay for that crap?

Quote:
One of the participants last year was apparently a nose flutist. Big fucking deal.
Thatís nice, except that in the real world, thereís no such thing as a nose flutist.

Quote:
And that doesn't even include the newest efforts against ISIS, which Coburn strongly supports.
Do you mean like how Obama strongly supports it? I havenít seen your criticism of the President. I donít expect I ever will.

Quote:
Another large area of waste that is dishonestly represented in the report headlines is $3 billion allegedly spent on "Golf Club Testing, Elementary School Experiments Aboard the International Space Station." Of course, these little experiments constitute a tiny portion of the $3 billion that the US spends on the ISS.
ďJust a tiny portionĒ is no excuse for wasting taxpayer money. Were you against the IRS Star Trek video? Iím sure that was a tiny portion of the overall IRS budget.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:06 PM

Relevant article on this subject from last year:
Why I Study Duck Genitalia

Last edited by Llama Llogophile; 10-25-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Let's have a look at a few of those, shall we? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
Fucking awesome post, mhendo. Well done.
Aye, that was fucking awesome; there is no other phrase that is even close to adequate.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Thatís nice, except that in the real world, thereís no such thing as a nose flutist.
O rly?

Quote:
Do you mean like how Obama strongly supports it? I havenít seen your criticism of the President. I donít expect I ever will.
Tu quoque. Goal post move. Ad hominem. Fail.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
{...} Were you against the IRS Star Trek video? {...}
Are you against all IRS training videos, or just the ones that don't put people to sleep?

CMC fnord!

Last edited by crowmanyclouds; 10-25-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:28 PM

Shouldn't D'Anconia be off in Galt's Gulch, jerking off to Galt ranting over the loudspeaker?
Old 10-25-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
That link doesn’t require registration. In fact, I just double-checked, and it works fine for me. Sorry that your browser sucks.
My browser is fine. The site says, when i click on the link:
Quote:
To continue reading this PLUS story, you need to be a digital member. Choose an option below to continue. If you're already registered just sign in below.
Sorry, but i'm not registering for a website just because you are too slow and retarded to find the original source.
Quote:
There’s no might about it. It’s de facto pointless. If colleges want to offer such nonsense, and pay “teachers” to run them, and the students pay for that, no skin off my nose. But why should the government take other people’s money to pay for that crap?
As i said, there are important issues to be discussed here, and i think it's perfectly reasonable to ask whether the NEH should fund classes like this. Some will say no; others yes. But that doesn't excuse misrepresenting what was happening. It was not a class to teach students how to laugh.

If you and Senator Doofus want to talk about the issue in intelligent terms, by all means start the conversation, but don't begin your argument by lying about what the topic is.
Quote:
That’s nice, except that in the real world, there’s no such thing as a nose flutist.
Not only has Snowboarder Bo demonstrated that you are wrong about this, but the very study that you are supporting in this thread makes clear that such a thing exists.
Quote:
Do you mean like how Obama strongly supports it? I haven’t seen your criticism of the President. I don’t expect I ever will.
OK, it's clear you're not very smart, so i'll explain this for you slowly, in order to help you grasp the point.

My purpose in bringing up the Irag and Afghanistan wars, and the recent moves against ISIS, was not specifically to make any argument about whether or not they constitute good foreign policy or a wise course of public spending. Nor is my position on President Obama's recent foreign policy decisions especially pertinent to my point.

I was simply observing that Senator Doofus (supported by you) seems incredibly preoccupied by a relatively small percentage of government spending, and also seems intent on misrepresenting, dishonestly interpreting, and straight out lying about, that small percentage just to score stupid political points. And in doing so, he seems to be ignoring huge budgetary items that, in the opinion of many Americans, have also represented a colossal waste of taxpayer money.
Quote:
“Just a tiny portion” is no excuse for wasting taxpayer money.
I completely agree. If we find large areas of waste or poor spending, we should address the issue, and if we find small areas we should also address the issue. But if this problem is, as you and Senator Doofus seem to believe, so worthy of attention, why is it necessary to dress it up in lies and misrepresentation in order to make your point?

Why not just say, for example, "The government should not be spending $45,000 on funding humanities classes at universities"?

Why not just say, for example, "The government should not be spending $10,000 to help preserve ecologically and economically significant estuarine regions"?

Why not just say, for example, "The government should shut down all funding for the International Space Station"?

Why not just say, for example, "In order to reduce the cost of identity theft fraud, the IRS should change the deadlines for W-2 filing, and delay issuing tax refunds, in accordance with the recommendations of the Government Accountability Office"?

You know why people like you don't say stuff like that? Because you recognize that, for all the griping that many Americans do about taxes and government spending at the general, abstract level, the fact is that plenty of Americans like many of the things that government spends money on, and think that much of this government spending is worthwhile even when the benefits might be difficult to measure, or cultural and social rather than economic. Basically, you're not honest about it, because if you were, many of the people you're trying to con would ask you questions like, "What are you smoking? And where can i get some?"

Last edited by mhendo; 10-25-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:09 PM

Let me guess, this guy thought Palin was right on the mark when she ranted about Fruit Flies.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Charter Member

Holy shit mhendo, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone get their asses handed to them in such a polite manner. Well done.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
Holy shit mhendo, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone get their asses handed to them in such a polite manner. Well done.
The problem is he didn't recognize what he was being handed. Nor how it got detached in the first place.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmanyclouds View Post
Are you against all IRS training videos, or just the ones that don't put people to sleep?
Does the Gilligan's Island video meet your expectations of proper oversight over the people's money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zU2BxRw9_Q

How about the line-dancing one?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3368874.html

Or the GSA? Hot tubs, mind-readers! and commemorative coins.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...taxpayer-dime/

If you think that any of that is A-OK, you're seriously messed up.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Does the Gilligan's Island video meet your expectations of proper oversight over the people's money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zU2BxRw9_Q

How about the line-dancing one?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3368874.html

Or the GSA? Hot tubs, mind-readers! and commemorative coins.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...taxpayer-dime/

If you think that any of that is A-OK, you're seriously messed up.
You've obviously never had an office job for a large employer.

Which is probably good, since you're apparently pretty stupid.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Charter Member

Are you gonna shit yourself if you find out they ordered sandwiches and soda for the Christmas party?
Old 10-25-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
My browser is fine. Sorry, but i'm not registering for a website just because you are too slow and retarded to find the original source.
I just checked a third time, and the link is not behind a subscription/paywall. Why you're arguing this is beyond me. And no, I'm not a member of Digital Plus or whatever they call it.

Quote:
I was simply observing that Senator Doofus (supported by you)
When did I support Senator Coburn? He's the retiring Senator from Oklahoma, a state I have nothing to do with.

Quote:
Why not just say, for example, "The government should not be spending $45,000 on funding humanities classes at universities"?
snip.

You forgot foot massages for bunny rabbits.

Quote:
Because you recognize that, for all the griping that many Americans do about taxes and government spending at the general, abstract level, the fact is that plenty of Americans like many of the things that government spends money on, and think that much of this government spending is worthwhile even when the benefits might be difficult to measure, or cultural and social rather than economic. Basically, you're not honest about it, because if you were, many of the people you're trying to con would ask you questions like, "What are you smoking? And where can i get some?"
How am I not honest about it? I'll be the first to state that the government shouldn't be spending our money on cultural or social issues.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I just checked a third time, and the link is not behind a subscription/paywall. Why you're arguing this is beyond me. And no, I'm not a member of Digital Plus or whatever they call it.

When did I support Senator Coburn? He's the retiring Senator from Oklahoma, a state I have nothing to do with.

snip.

You forgot foot massages for bunny rabbits.

How am I not honest about it? I'll be the first to state that the government shouldn't be spending our money on cultural or social issues.
Protip: You got your ass handed to you, and pretending you can still fight is just making you look sad.

Whimper and crawl away. You've earned it.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobohan View Post
You've obviously never had an office job for a large employer.
I do, but it's radically changed. I started in 1990. Back then, we used to drink alcohol at lunch, with, and paid for, by our bosses. There were hams/turkeys/pies to take home during the holidays. Plus Christmas parties held at
swanky ballrooms. There were also trips to San Diego, Arizona, Mexico, and the Caribbean on the company dime.

Then, the recession of the early 2000's hit. After that, nada. If you arranged a work group lunch it was made clear, up front, that it was pay as you go. We even had to make up any extra time that the lunch lasted over the normal lunch hour. Believe it or not, they even stopped providing coffee, juice, water, or donuts during morning meetings.

Last edited by D'Anconia; 10-25-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:26 PM

Did they continue to pay for your digital membership to the Tribune?
Old 10-25-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greenjeans View Post
Did they continue to pay for your digital membership to the Tribune?
No, I've never had a digital membership to the Tribune. In fact, I'm cheap, so no.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:

It's behind a paywall for me as well.

Quote:
How am I not honest about it?
By misrepresenting what the funding actually funds.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Charter Member

Anyone who takes anything John Kass writes seriously is dumb as a bag of hammers.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
By misrepresenting what the funding actually funds.
There shouldn't be any funding for foot massages of bunny rabbits. Period. Full stop.

Last edited by D'Anconia; 10-25-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:

If I may, D'Anconia, I'd like to ignore your questions about budgeting for a moment and focus on this. "Why you're arguing this is beyond me." Do you think mhendo is lying? Too stupid to access a webpage?

Often people "on one side of the political divide" think people "on the other side" are liars or morons. By writing "Why you're arguing this is beyond me" rather than, say, "Interesting; I wonder if it's a location issue," you seem to assume that mhendo is lying.

Do you come here to fight ignorance? Some have suggested you're ignorant. Start out small and practice fighting your own ignorance before you help plan the federal budget. Maybe run experiments. Here's a hint: I can't access the webpage either.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
There shouldn't be any funding for foot massages of bunny rabbits. Period. Full stop.
And if someone researches that one will you get it or will you just continue on your Gish Gallop?

'Cause right now this is how you sound,
"Damn it! How many times must I tell you people to STOP BOTHERING ME WITH FACTS that do not support my argument?!!??!?!?!?!"

CMC fnord!
for whom the link also does not work . . . 'prolly 'cause I'm "seriously messed up"!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Except that you're being completely dishonest in your descriptions of those efforts.

I don't think anyone would say we should be massaging bunnies just for the fuck of it at the governments expense, but that's not at all what's happening and frankly you're a lying sleazeball douchbag for intentionally making gross misrepresentations in a lame attempt to validate your political biases.

Other than that, Welcome to the boards!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
And risk a strategic luck shortage?

But in any case, the money spent on studying rabbit feet, and rabbits in general, is trivial compared to other government expenditures and may be more useful, or if nothing else adds to the collective knowledge of zoology. There are certainly worse ways to spend.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chicago Tribune when I try to read your link
To continue reading this PLUS story, you need to be a digital member.
Same here, Sparky.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Except that you're being completely dishonest in your descriptions of those efforts.

I don't think anyone would say we should be massaging bunnies just for the fuck of it at the governments expense, but that's not at all what's happening and frankly you're a lying sleazeball douchbag for intentionally making gross misrepresentations in a lame attempt to validate your political biases.
Not dishonest at all. What misrepresentations have I made about the study in question, or anything else? They were giving fucking Swedish massages to bunny rabbits' feet.

This is something one would expect out of The Onion, not a government grant.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Not dishonest at all. What misrepresentations have I made about the study in question, or anything else? They were giving fucking Swedish massages to bunny rabbits' feet.
What misrepresentations have you made? After mhendo showed the inaccuracies (to use the most charitable term) in a few of your examples, your credibility is not very high right now. If you want to rant about massaging rabbits' feet you're gonna need to bring a few more facts to your side of the debate.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
If you want to rant about massaging rabbits' feet you're gonna need to bring a few more facts to your side of the debate.
Is U.S. News good enough?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...funding-debate
Old 10-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

This is something one would expect out of The Onion, not a government grant.
The actual point of the study was to measure if massage improved recovery from exercise.
From the asshole's Wastebook Page 8.
Quote:
The massages were given after subjecting the rabbits to exercise to measure its impact on recovery.
So, yes, you did misrepresent the expenditure. You did not actually state why the massages were being done or the goal of the study.

Last edited by running coach; 10-26-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Yes, and? That article explains why the study was being done. Which you don't want to hear.

Last edited by Rick Kitchen; 10-26-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The research actually sounds kind of interesting and potentially useful to me, exercising the rabbits and seeing if massage afterward promotes faster recovery. It sounds like a bad deal for the rabbits, but could be helpful to us. Did you read your own cite or just grab an item from a Google search list?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
They weren't just massaging the rabbits' feet. They were studying the effects of massage in helping muscles recover after exercise. What misrepresentations have you made? There's another one for you right there.

Now, if you'd like to debate whether that sort of study is a good use of government funds, go for it. But you don't do your argument any favors when you say that all they were doing was massaging little bunnies' feet.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
enough?
I'd prefer you first address my question in #2679.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:26 AM

So basically it is a medical/exercise study where rabbits are the subjects.

Yeah... not having a problem with that.

Maybe I can play this game as well:

How about an overstuffed annual $550 million dollar program teaching government employees how to play musical instruments?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
The actual point of the study was to measure if massage improved recovery from exercise.
From the asshole's Wastebook Page 8.

So, yes, you did misrepresent the expenditure. You did not actually state why the massages were being done or the goal of the study.
So you don't care that the government is spending other people's money on foot massages for rabbits? My guess is that you don't pay any federal income tax. Am I correct?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
So you don't care that the government is spending other people's money on foot massages for rabbits? My guess is that you don't pay any federal income tax. Am I correct?
So you're going to continue to misrepresent the facts.
That much is clear.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miskatonic View Post
So
How about an overstuffed annual $550 million dollar program teaching government employees how to play musical instruments?
Well. there's always the "nose flutists" which at least two people in this thread claim that they exist.

Last edited by D'Anconia; 10-26-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:32 AM

I sense a meme in its infancy.

"But... but... but... rabbit massages!"
Old 10-26-2014, 12:33 AM

Quote:
So you're going to continue to misrepresent the facts.
That much is clear.
What fact have I misrepresented?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
What does that have to do with it?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
What does that have to do with it?
Because people who aren't paying for things, who don't have any skin in the game, can wish for the sky, including bunny rubs.

That doesn't make it a good idea.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
What fact have I misrepresented?
Okay, I'll try to explain this calmly, but even a brain-damaged freakin' orangutan...

Sorry. They didn't just massage little bunny's feet. They exercised the rabbits' muscles, and studied how those muscles recovered in rabbits that received a massage compared to those that didn't. You are leaving out the purpose of the study. That is what you are misrepresenting.

Jeez, they'll need to start putting instructions on toilet paper next.