Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2019, 11:56 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Trump is impeached. How quickly, or even could he be removed before the election?

Let's say that Trump does, indeed get impeached by both houses. Whether you think this is likely or not, for the purposes of this thread it happens. The evidence is so damning and conclusive that enough Republicans are on board with doing it. So, first question...how quickly could it happen if that's the case? Let's say a total bombshell falls (I think several have already fallen at this point, but something REALLY big...so big that it's incontrovertible), say, next week. How quickly would/could the process go to impeach him, and then remove him? What time frame might we be looking at, realistically, given the scenario above?

Is there even enough time, if it all comes together, to impeach and remove Trump before the election? If that does happen, what happens to Trump's current re-election run? I assume...and this might be a bad assumption, which is why I'm asking...that if he's impeached, he can't continue his campaign. Is that true?

This stuff is probably more GQ type questions, with some Pit and GD thrown in for how contentious this might be, but what I'd like to hear is more fact based answers. Since it's about Trump and the election, this seemed to be the right forum.

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!