Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-24-2019, 09:40 AM
wahsahzii is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
"What are you going to do about it" is not a shrug but a challenge.
  #52  
Old 12-24-2019, 12:39 PM
Atamasama's Avatar
Atamasama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,967
Honestly I blame Obama for this.

I’m not sure how or why, I’ll get back to everyone on that.
  #53  
Old 12-24-2019, 02:29 PM
Riemann's Avatar
Riemann is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Santa Fe, NM, USA
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Honestly I blame Obama for this.

I’m not sure how or why, I’ll get back to everyone on that.
It's probably an unforeseen consequence of Obamacare that this woman had sufficient healthcare that she didn't die from her meth habit years ago.
  #54  
Old 12-24-2019, 03:48 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,540
Blaming a meth bender for her incident is going to be tougher. Looks like this is kind of a hobby of hers:
"In the latest charge, Franklin was accused of leaving a roadway, travelling onto a sidewalk and hitting a 12-year-old boy in an apartment complex in Des Moines. The boy suffered minor injuries. Witnesses to the crash told police that the vehicle accelerated prior to the crash, drove onto the sidewalk and hit the boy, CBS Des Moines affiliate KCCI reported."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nicole-...sh-2019-12-23/
  #55  
Old 12-24-2019, 03:49 PM
Atamasama's Avatar
Atamasama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
It's probably an unforeseen consequence of Obamacare that this woman had sufficient healthcare that she didn't die from her meth habit years ago.
Thank you! There we go!

“Thanks for nothing Obama.”
  #56  
Old 12-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Kovitlac is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 176
Shockingly, racism was actually not invented by Trump. Crazy, I know!

All sarcasm aside, this woman is a piece of shit and I hope she gets everything she deserves. Sad, disgusting excuse for a human being.
  #57  
Old 12-26-2019, 06:10 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovitlac View Post
Shockingly, racism was actually not invented by Trump. Crazy, I know!
...
Trump is an idiot. He's never invented anything. He's not capable. What he does is stoke the fires, no heavy lifting.
  #58  
Old 12-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Chingon is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the hypersphere
Posts: 794
I guess it's too bad this lady didn't just pull out a gun and shoot the girl down. She'd have all the usual crew her singing her praises as a self defense patriot.
  #59  
Old 12-26-2019, 07:10 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingon View Post
I guess it's too bad this lady didn't just pull out a gun and shoot the girl down. She'd have all the usual crew her singing her praises as a self defense patriot.
Where are the usual shit-head apologists who like to pop into threads and defend assholes who run people down with their cars? Maybe waiting for the talking points to arrive in their in-box. "The kids were probably waving sticks at the nice lady! They deserved it!"
  #60  
Old 12-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Mr. Miskatonic's Avatar
Mr. Miskatonic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Under a pile of books
Posts: 6,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingon View Post
I guess it's too bad this lady didn't just pull out a gun and shoot the girl down. She'd have all the usual crew her singing her praises as a self defense patriot.
Nah, the standard tactic now is to try and “prove” that the agressor is actually ANTIFA and so we need to ban them.
__________________
"When you kill the Morlocks, the Eloi tend to die too"
  #61  
Old 12-26-2019, 07:33 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,669
FALSE FLAG!!! FALSE FLAg!!!
  #62  
Old 12-27-2019, 07:00 AM
Der Trihs's Avatar
Der Trihs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale View Post
I think it speaks volumes about the character of people when their first reaction to hearing of someone getting hurt is how can that be used politically.
It's a politically caused crime. This is what millions of Americans wanted, what they voted for, and what they cheer for. If anything the average Republican would only be unhappy that the girl lived.

If you gave the typical Republican a button that would magically burn every non-white person on the planet alive, they'd push it without hesitation. One handed, since they'd be using the other to masturbate at the thought of billions of burning untermenschen.
  #63  
Old 12-27-2019, 08:35 AM
septimus's Avatar
septimus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Land of Smiles
Posts: 20,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
It's a politically caused crime. This is what millions of Americans wanted, what they voted for, and what they cheer for. If anything the average Republican would only be unhappy that the girl lived.

If you gave the typical Republican a button that would magically burn every non-white person on the planet alive, they'd push it without hesitation. One handed, since they'd be using the other to masturbate at the thought of billions of burning untermenschen.
Although I agree with your general sentiments, Der Trihs, I fear that you may be almost approaching the realm of exaggeration or caricature.

Last edited by septimus; 12-27-2019 at 08:35 AM.
  #64  
Old 12-27-2019, 08:42 AM
Der Trihs's Avatar
Der Trihs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Although I agree with your general sentiments, Der Trihs, I fear that you may be almost approaching the realm of exaggeration or caricature.
The modern Republican party is in practice the Nazi party with a red white and blue paint job and even less competence.

So yes; I consider it perfectly reasonable to think that most of them would like nothing better than to kill most of the population of the planet, because that's what such people are like.

And it's a far more common attitude than a lot of people want to believe.
  #65  
Old 12-27-2019, 09:37 AM
carnivorousplant is offline
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 59,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye, Watering View Post
Thanks to Traitor Trump, it's okay to be a racist. It's okay to be fearful and afraid. It's okay to be hateful and violent. It's okay to be stupid.
"I have a note from my Doctor."
__________________
You callous bastard! More of my illusions have just been shattered!!-G0sp3l
  #66  
Old 12-27-2019, 10:10 AM
JRDelirious is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Displaced
Posts: 16,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Although I agree with your general sentiments, Der Trihs, I fear that you may be almost approaching the realm of exaggeration or caricature.
Where have you been? This is consistent with what Der has been posting on these boards for years.
  #67  
Old 12-27-2019, 10:22 AM
Really Not All That Bright is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 68,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is naive to pretend it is not a duck. Nothing is helped by pretending we don't know with reasonable certainty that the woman who hates Mexicans so much she is willing to run them over is a Trump supporter. People who are that racist tend to support Trump, and Trump has directly encouraged these exact beliefs.
Steve King is her congressman, and has said much worse things than Trump about Mexicans. You want to blame someone other than her, blame him.
__________________
This can only end in tears.
  #68  
Old 12-27-2019, 10:46 AM
kayaker's Avatar
kayaker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rural Western PA
Posts: 33,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
Steve King is her congressman, and has said much worse things than Trump about Mexicans. You want to blame someone other than her, blame him.
Maybe Stevie will take a page from Matt Bevin's playbook and pardon Nicole Marie Poole Franklin.
  #69  
Old 12-27-2019, 12:49 PM
carnivorousplant is offline
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 59,575
Is she smiling because she is stoned? Many people are smiling in their arrest pictures. I wonder why. Perhaps they are stupid.
__________________
You callous bastard! More of my illusions have just been shattered!!-G0sp3l
  #70  
Old 12-27-2019, 01:37 PM
Chisquirrel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
Steve King is her congressman, and has said much worse things than Trump about Mexicans. You want to blame someone other than her, blame him.
Close, but no cigar. Clive and Des Moines are in the 3rd District, represented by Cindy Axne.

Steve King is a piece of shit and blemish on Iowa, however.
  #71  
Old 12-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Chisquirrel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Is she smiling because she is stoned? Many people are smiling in their arrest pictures. I wonder why. Perhaps they are stupid.
Hey now, that's why they vote for Trump!
  #72  
Old 12-27-2019, 01:42 PM
Nava is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hey! I'm located! WOOOOW!
Posts: 43,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Although I agree with your general sentiments, Der Trihs, I fear that you may be almost approaching the realm of exaggeration or caricature.
I think he failed to point out that the definition of "white" used by those particular people tends to be narrower than most. If anything, his depiction was too kind.
__________________
Some people knew how to kill a conversation. Cura, on the other hand, could make it wish it had never been born.
  #73  
Old 12-27-2019, 01:42 PM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 35,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Many people are smiling in their arrest pictures. I wonder why.
They think their lawyer will get them off the hook.
  #74  
Old 12-27-2019, 02:19 PM
Gatopescado is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: on your last raw nerve
Posts: 23,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
"Of course the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. But that doesn't eliminate the idea that so did some Germans."
-American Trump Supporters
Forget it. He's on a roll.
  #75  
Old 12-28-2019, 09:23 AM
Folacin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of the River
Posts: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Is she smiling because she is stoned? Many people are smiling in their arrest pictures. I wonder why. Perhaps they are stupid.
I'd guess years of social conditioning - "Smile for the camera!"
  #76  
Old 12-28-2019, 12:17 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Blaming a meth bender for her incident is going to be tougher. Looks like this is kind of a hobby of hers:
"In the latest charge, Franklin was accused of leaving a roadway, travelling onto a sidewalk and hitting a 12-year-old boy in an apartment complex in Des Moines. The boy suffered minor injuries. Witnesses to the crash told police that the vehicle accelerated prior to the crash, drove onto the sidewalk and hit the boy, CBS Des Moines affiliate KCCI reported."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nicole-...sh-2019-12-23/
Somebody should put the bitch down.
  #77  
Old 12-29-2019, 04:39 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,771
She has quite the history of arrests for violence and drug and alcohol offenses, but she was in probation.
https://apnews.com/9510a14253054b808da341e6462eda14
  #78  
Old 12-29-2019, 07:18 PM
don't mind me is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: somewhere over there
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
She was charged with stabbing one boyfriend in the chest in 2017 and, months later, with threatening another with a butcher’s knife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
She has quite the history of arrests for violence and drug and alcohol offenses, but she was in probation.
https://apnews.com/9510a14253054b808da341e6462eda14
You have to wonder what the second guy was thinking. She got it out of her system?
  #79  
Old 12-30-2019, 01:06 AM
elucidator is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 60,343
Keeps the relationship fresh! Is she gonna dress up like a Japanese school girl and sit on my lap, or slash me with a machete? Surprise oral sex, or twist a corkscrew into my chest?
  #80  
Old 12-30-2019, 05:43 AM
Two Many Cats is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Keeps the relationship fresh! Is she gonna dress up like a Japanese school girl and sit on my lap, or slash me with a machete? Surprise oral sex, or twist a corkscrew into my chest?
Which comedian was it that said, "Don't stick your dick into the crazy."?
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017