Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:31 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15

Penis size or Height- what matters more to women


Let's say, 5'7 with an 8 inch penis versus 6'4 with a 4 inch penis. For guys who would you rather be, and for ladies who would you rather date?

Trying to settle a debate. I think the answer is penis size more important
  #2  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:58 AM
Beckdawrek's Avatar
Beckdawrek is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 16,186
Nope
  #3  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:04 AM
Aspidistra is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,460
Which of those values are meant to be the "good" ones, again?
__________________
Science created the modern world. Politics is doing its best to destroy it.
  #4  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:28 AM
Velocity is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 14,879
I'd far rather be the 6'4 guy. Especially since penis size isn't exactly something you can advertise, whereas your height is instantly visible.
  #5  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:57 AM
Aspidistra is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I'd far rather be the 6'4 guy. Especially since penis size isn't exactly something you can advertise, whereas your height is instantly visible.
Well you'd get paid more at work, so there's that
__________________
Science created the modern world. Politics is doing its best to destroy it.
  #6  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:07 AM
gkster is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Nope
Seconded. Nope, nope.
  #7  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:55 AM
PookahMacPhellimey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,183
I'd have to go with the large penis as I don't really like tall men and penis size is indifferent to me. This is an honest answer.
  #8  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:00 AM
snfaulkner's Avatar
snfaulkner is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 7,851
Signed up today with 1 post, huh?
__________________
It may be because I'm a drooling simpleton with the attention span of a demented gnat, but would you mind explaining everything in words of one syllable. 140 chars max.
  #9  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:37 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookahMacPhellimey View Post
I'd have to go with the large penis as I don't really like tall men and penis size is indifferent to me. This is an honest answer.
Wait.. you're taking the big dick despite being 'indiffernt' to penis size.. huh
  #10  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:40 AM
Broomstick's Avatar
Broomstick is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 28,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Let's say, 5'7 with an 8 inch penis versus 6'4 with a 4 inch penis. For guys who would you rather be, and for ladies who would you rather date?

Trying to settle a debate. I think the answer is penis size more important
Obviously, you are male.

Another "nope" here.
  #11  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:41 AM
Helena330's Avatar
Helena330 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Near Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 3,834
5'7" with a 4" penis is fine if he's smart and makes me laugh. Anything's fine if he's smart and makes me laugh.
  #12  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:45 AM
Helena330's Avatar
Helena330 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Near Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 3,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Wait.. you're taking the big dick despite being 'indiffernt' to penis size.. huh
No, she took the guy that's 5'7" because she doesn't like tall guys. The penis was irrelevant. Really, insecure men think penis size is more important to women than it is.

Last edited by Helena330; 07-30-2019 at 03:46 AM.
  #13  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:46 AM
don't ask is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
5'7" with a 4" penis is fine if he's smart and makes me laugh. Anything's fine if he's smart and makes me laugh.
So what if he is smart and there is just something funny about his penis?
  #14  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:55 AM
Helena330's Avatar
Helena330 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Near Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 3,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by don't ask View Post
So what if he is smart and there is just something funny about his penis?
If it makes me laugh, no problem. He might not take too kindly to that, however.
  #15  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:09 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
No, she took the guy that's 5'7" because she doesn't like tall guys. The penis was irrelevant. Really, insecure men think penis size is more important to women than it is.
Fair enough. Am a bit surprised to see no one finding the smaller penis to be a disqualifying trait so far.
  #16  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:27 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
FYI I fully expect both to be a disqualifying trait to most women. This is just to test the waters on which would be less 'bad' if you will.

Last edited by shocky2002; 07-30-2019 at 04:32 AM.
  #17  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:35 AM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
5'7" with a 4" penis is fine if he's smart and makes me laugh. Anything's fine if he's smart and makes me laugh.

I'm funny-lookin' and my penis is clearly smarter than I am ; how do I rate ?
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #18  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:41 AM
Aspidistra is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,460
The average woman is 5'4" - why on earth would being 3 inches taller be "disqualifying"?

Hell, I don't find it disqualifying, and I'm a freaking beanpole
__________________
Science created the modern world. Politics is doing its best to destroy it.
  #19  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:45 AM
Filbert is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,559
Being a huge dick is disqualifying, having one is an irrelevance.
  #20  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:05 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspidistra View Post
The average woman is 5'4" - why on earth would being 3 inches taller be "disqualifying"?

Hell, I don't find it disqualifying, and I'm a freaking beanpole
Have known women to hvae the "heels" requirement.. 5'4' becomes 5'8 in heels..

What about the size then?

Last edited by shocky2002; 07-30-2019 at 05:05 AM.
  #21  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:24 AM
Richard Pearse is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 10,481
Penis height, definitely.
  #22  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:35 AM
Machine Elf is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Challenger Deep
Posts: 12,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
If it makes me laugh, no problem. He might not take too kindly to that, however.
You haven't seen Unforgiven, have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In 1880 in Big Whiskey, Wyoming, two cowboys—Quick Mike and "Davey-Boy" Bunting—attack and disfigure prostitute Delilah Fitzgerald with a knife after she laughs at Quick Mike's small penis.
  #23  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:44 AM
panache45's Avatar
panache45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: NE Ohio (the 'burbs)
Posts: 45,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Let's say, 5'7 with an 8 inch penis versus 6'4 with a 4 inch penis.
My husband has them both beat.
  #24  
Old 07-30-2019, 06:11 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by panache45 View Post
My husband has them both beat.
Congrats!
  #25  
Old 07-30-2019, 06:25 AM
puzzlegal's Avatar
puzzlegal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,485
Well, I prefer guys who aren't that tall, but that's not so tall as to be disqualifying. And 5'7" is a little on the short side, but within the range I'm comfortable with. So I'm indifferent to the height

The big dick might be large enough to hit me in the uterus, and if so, that would be a real turnoff. The small dick is still plenty large to do the job.

So, all else equal (and all else is never equal) I'll go with the tall guy.

But really, can I have the smart, kind, funny guy, instead of either of them?
  #26  
Old 07-30-2019, 07:08 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
Well, I prefer guys who aren't that tall, but that's not so tall as to be disqualifying. And 5'7" is a little on the short side, but within the range I'm comfortable with. So I'm indifferent to the height

The big dick might be large enough to hit me in the uterus, and if so, that would be a real turnoff. The small dick is still plenty large to do the job.

So, all else equal (and all else is never equal) I'll go with the tall guy.

But really, can I have the smart, kind, funny guy, instead of either of them?
Well let's just say both guys have ideal personalities.

anyway, never thought I'd see the day where a woman would prefer 4 over 8. But kudos to you

Last edited by shocky2002; 07-30-2019 at 07:08 AM.
  #27  
Old 07-30-2019, 07:22 AM
snfaulkner's Avatar
snfaulkner is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 7,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Well let's just say both guys have ideal personalities.

anyway, never thought I'd see the day where a woman would prefer 4 over 8. But kudos to you
Probably because you're pre-conceived notions about women are false. Go meet a few. Talk to them like humans. But don't lead off with this poll question.
__________________
It may be because I'm a drooling simpleton with the attention span of a demented gnat, but would you mind explaining everything in words of one syllable. 140 chars max.
  #28  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:01 AM
panache45's Avatar
panache45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: NE Ohio (the 'burbs)
Posts: 45,350
The OP is obviously a dwarf with a micro-penis, and is unable to decide where to direct his envy.
  #29  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:10 AM
markn+ is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: unknown; Speed: exactly 0
Posts: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by panache45 View Post
My husband has them both beat.
He's 5'8 with a 5 inch penis?
  #30  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:16 AM
Helena330's Avatar
Helena330 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Near Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 3,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
I'm funny-lookin' and my penis is clearly smarter than I am ; how do I rate ?
If your penis does all the thinking, no thanks!
  #31  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:35 AM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
If your penis does all the thinking, no thanks!

I think it's more that I vastly overthink his perhaps more pertinent intuitions
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #32  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:51 AM
bump is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 18,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I'd far rather be the 6'4 guy. Especially since penis size isn't exactly something you can advertise, whereas your height is instantly visible.
I'd say height is more important, if only because like you say, it's immediately obvious.

And unless things have changed drastically from years past, the size of one's unit isn't usually going to be a first-pass filter for most women, unlike height. It takes several dates for that to come into play, and as I understand it, a man would have to be far out on the tails of the bell curve for it to really be an issue either way at that point.
  #33  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:59 AM
epbrown01 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
Probably because your pre-conceived notions about women are false.
Speaking as a guy, I've never met a woman who thought penis size was important, and I've never met a guy who believed that. File it under "people are weird."
__________________
"Motorcycles - the cigarettes of transportation." Seth Meyers
  #34  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:00 AM
Death of Rats is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: A Humid Oven
Posts: 3,577
What if he is a 5'7" guy with a 6'4" penis? Would that make a differance?
__________________
SQUEAK!
  #35  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:35 AM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death of Rats View Post
What if he is a 5'7" guy with a 6'4" penis?

D'you mean "a guy and his annoying roommate" ?
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #36  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:43 AM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown01 View Post
Speaking as a guy, I've never met a woman who thought penis size was important

I have, twice, but both guys were (apparently - I mean I wasn't there with a slide rule or anything) extreme cases. The first was very much in love with the guy, but eventually tearfully resolved to leave him because, and I second-hand quote, "I don't even know when he's in ". The second girl wasn't nearly as much in love, I think it was more of a friends with benefits type thing, but she called it quits after a couple months because he was *too* huge and sometimes poked her in the cervix. Which hurts like a motherfuck, by all reports.



So the aformentioned edges of the bell curve.
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #37  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:48 AM
raventhief's Avatar
raventhief is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Let's say, 5'7 with an 8 inch penis versus 6'4 with a 4 inch penis. For guys who would you rather be, and for ladies who would you rather date?

Trying to settle a debate. I think the answer is penis size more important
Who are you debating?
  #38  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Royal Nonesutch is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
But kudos to you
No, all the kudos are to YOU, my beloved, cherished and completely new friend, shocky2002.

You see, it isn't every day someone can just show up here among the Smartest and the Hippest and immediately have the intellectual luminaries who frequent these (virtual) Hallowed Halls of Knowledge all a-twitter with their provocative hypotheticals.

No indeed, that is quite an impressive Stunt. Man, you ought to be proud, it's like walking into a star-studded Hollywood celebrity roast, grabbing the Mike, and bringing the house down with your opening zinger!!!

Last edited by Royal Nonesutch; 07-30-2019 at 09:54 AM.
  #39  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:52 AM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,208
Good. Grief.

The ONLY things that matter to me are the guy's head (the big one, not the little one) and his heart. (Oh yeah, the checkbook doesn't matter much either.)

Carry on.
__________________
"If we're not supposed to dance, why all this music?" Gregory Orr
  #40  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:54 AM
Jasmine's Avatar
Jasmine is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,137
This conversation makes me feel like I'm back in junior high school.
__________________
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge."
--Daniel J Boorstin
  #41  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:29 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Good. Grief.

The ONLY things that matter to me are the guy's head (the big one, not the little one) and his heart. (Oh yeah, the checkbook doesn't matter much either.)

Carry on.
Well, you could still choose between the two
  #42  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:38 AM
BubbaDog's Avatar
BubbaDog is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: KC MO or there abouts
Posts: 5,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
FYI I fully expect both to be a disqualifying trait to most women. This is just to test the waters on which would be less 'bad' if you will.
And what do you plan to do with this valuable information?
  #43  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:43 AM
Sunny Daze's Avatar
Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay Area Urban Sprawl
Posts: 12,513
What an interesting question.

Which of these two hypothetical people is you and which is your friend?
  #44  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:50 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaDog View Post
And what do you plan to do with this valuable information?
Sharing it with my pals over another forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
What an interesting question.

Which of these two hypothetical people is you and which is your friend?
I am short and well endowed thankfully
  #45  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Just Asking Questions is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
I'm funny-lookin' and my penis is clearly smarter than I am ; how do I rate ?
Hooker No. 1: Well, the little guy was kinda funny-lookin'.

Marge Gunderson: In what way?

Hooker No. 1: I dunno... just funny-lookin'.

Marge Gunderson: Can you be any more specific?

Hooker No. 1: I couldn't really say... He wasn't circumcised.
  #46  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:57 AM
Nava is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hey! I'm located! WOOOOW!
Posts: 42,221
By the time I'm seeing his penis, his height has already been in the picture for quite a while.
  #47  
Old 07-30-2019, 11:17 AM
DrCube is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Caseyville, IL
Posts: 7,444
Guys want big dicks for their own reasons. Whether the woman wants it is kind of irrelevant. I highly doubt that even if women preferred small dicks and made that preference well known, that guys would start being jealous of smaller ones.
  #48  
Old 07-30-2019, 11:17 AM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
By the time I'm seeing his penis, his height has already been in the picture for quite a while.

See, this is why I open up with dropping trou without warning. Just lay it all on the table from the get go, so to speak. The ones that don't run away screaming or reach for the nearest half-brick are keepers. Sort of by default.
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.

Last edited by Kobal2; 07-30-2019 at 11:21 AM.
  #49  
Old 07-30-2019, 11:29 AM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
By the time I'm seeing his penis, his height has already been in the picture for quite a while.
But, you may be disappointed with 4 inches..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCube View Post
Guys want big dicks for their own reasons. Whether the woman wants it is kind of irrelevant. I highly doubt that even if women preferred small dicks and made that preference well known, that guys would start being jealous of smaller ones.
A bigger one just looks better. Gives us a lot more confidence to pick up a girl from a bar
  #50  
Old 07-30-2019, 11:49 AM
drad dog is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,037
I believe penis height matters more to women than penis size.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017