Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:09 PM
kayaker's Avatar
kayaker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 32,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
A bigger one just looks better. Gives us a lot more confidence to pick up a girl from a bar
Your dick is so big you can pick people up with it?
  #52  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:09 PM
begbert2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Idaho
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
But, you may be disappointed with 4 inches..
Are you actually reading the thread? The consensus of the actual women in the thread appears to be that penis length is among the least of their concerns - and they're more worried about it being too long than too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
A bigger one just looks better. Gives us a lot more confidence to pick up a girl from a bar
Ah, that's why I'm not on the same page with you. I don't pick up women from bars.

And also penises, like toes, just look weird at any size. I can't imagine any size of them looking better. If course as a straight man I'm not really the guy to ask for esthetic opinions about penises anyway.
  #53  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:12 PM
kopek is offline
born to be shunned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southwestern PA
Posts: 15,042
Heterosexual male ---- I would rather be 4 inches taller. But then again I am old and that may play into my answer.
  #54  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:17 PM
Jasmine's Avatar
Jasmine is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
See, this is why I open up with dropping trou without warning. Just lay it all on the table from the get go, so to speak. The ones that don't run away screaming or reach for the nearest half-brick are keepers. Sort of by default.
You're telling me that, shortly after meeting a woman, you just unzip your pants and take out your penis?!
__________________
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge."
--Daniel J Boorstin
  #55  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:20 PM
Chronos's Avatar
Chronos is offline
Charter Member
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The Land of Cleves
Posts: 84,439
By the time a woman finds out how big your penis is, she's already made her decision about you.
  #56  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:20 PM
begbert2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Idaho
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
You're telling me that, shortly after meeting a woman, you just unzip your pants and take out your penis?!
I'm certain that he was being entirely serious and was not joking even in the slightest.

But on the subject of leading with your dick, isn't that what surprise dick picks basically are? (And we know that those are ever-so-beloved by women.)
  #57  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
You're telling me that, shortly after meeting a woman, you just unzip your pants and take out your penis?!

It's about honesty.
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #58  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:25 PM
Gatopescado is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: on your last raw nerve
Posts: 22,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
Being a huge dick is disqualifying, having one is an irrelevance.
Damn.
  #59  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:30 PM
ZipperJJ's Avatar
ZipperJJ is offline
Just Lovely and Delicious
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 25,391
Which sort of guy makes more money? I'll take that one. Hurrrr.
  #60  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:33 PM
Beckdawrek's Avatar
Beckdawrek is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 16,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
Are you actually reading the thread? The consensus of the actual women in the thread appears to be that penis length is among the least of their concerns - and they're more worried about it being too long than too short.

Ah, that's why I'm not on the same page with you. I don't pick up women from bars.

And also penises, like toes, just look weird at any size. I can't imagine any size of them looking better. If course as a straight man I'm not really the guy to ask for esthetic opinions about penises anyway.
You're wrong about toes. Just sayin
  #61  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:33 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
I'm certain that he was being entirely serious and was not joking even in the slightest.

But on the subject of leading with your dick, isn't that what surprise dick picks basically are? (And we know that those are ever-so-beloved by women.)

Speaking of, I'm not yet ready to start dating again ; but when I hit that Tinder you can bet your arse I'm opening with unsollicited Dik-dik pics. I hear ladies are ALL about that these days.
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #62  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
And also penises, like toes, just look weird at any size. I can't imagine any size of them looking better.

I forget which comedian said it, but I once heard flaccid cocks described as "looking like something hanging off the side of a shark's mouth after its feast" ; and that's been resonating with me ever since.
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #63  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Hermitian's Avatar
Hermitian is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
You're telling me that, shortly after meeting a woman, you just unzip your pants and take out your penis?!


You have to admit, that is WAY easier than the current social dating process.
  #64  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:39 PM
begbert2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Idaho
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
You're wrong about toes. Just sayin
No really, have you even really looked at toes? I mean, looked at them?

Also, have you ever really looked at your hands, man?
  #65  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:39 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitian View Post
You have to admit, that is WAY easier than the current social dating process.

I know, right ? And so much more efficient, too ! You say "Hi !", drop trou, put you hands on your hips, get clobbered and move on to the next. You can easily schedule 10, 20 dates per evening that way.
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.

Last edited by Kobal2; 07-30-2019 at 12:40 PM.
  #66  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:41 PM
Kimstu is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 22,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
Speaking of, I'm not yet ready to start dating again ; but when I hit that Tinder you can bet your arse I'm opening with unsollicited Dik-dik pics.
Kobal2, you've got the most adorable dik-dik there that I've ever seen. I don't care a hoot what size it is.

Oh, and add me to the list of women who have no particular preference about either height or penis size. Actually, in both categories I probably prefer "short to average" over "significantly above average".

Last edited by Kimstu; 07-30-2019 at 12:42 PM.
  #67  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:45 PM
begbert2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Idaho
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
Kobal2, you've got the most adorable dik-dik there that I've ever seen. I don't care a hoot what size it is.

Oh, and add me to the list of women who have no particular preference about either height or penis size. Actually, in both categories I probably prefer "short to average" over "significantly above average".
Aw, darn, I'm taller than average. (Not 6'4", though, that's over the top. So to speak.)

And I honestly don't know whether I have a long dick or not. It, er, varies.
  #68  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
Kobal2, you've got the most adorable dik-dik there that I've ever seen. I don't care a hoot what size it is.

[moving to phase 2]So how you doin' ? [/mtp2]
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #69  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:54 PM
Velocity is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 14,882
Countdown to Pit relocation, but....lol. Btw, the OP may not be a long-surviving poster at the Dope at this rate.
  #70  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:59 PM
Kimstu is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 22,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
Aw, darn, I'm taller than average.
No problem, I make exceptions for the smart and funny ones.

See, OP, that's another fundamental problem with your absurd poll question. Not only are there a lot of women who don't even prefer tall men or long dicks over short ones in the first place, but also a lot of women who do have some kind of initial preference about male dimensions are perfectly happy to deprioritize that preference in favor of other qualities that are more important to them.

(As for your inference from your own experience that being short with a big dick is preferable to being tall with a small one, well duh, of course that's what the women who go home with you are going to say, because they can tell it's what you want to hear. It never ceases to amaze me how blithely some guys are willing to read "She likes me because this particular characteristic of mine impressed her" for "I'll tell him how impressive his characteristic is because I like him".)

Last edited by Kimstu; 07-30-2019 at 01:00 PM.
  #71  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:03 PM
lingyi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,962
Two questions I'm surprised haven't been asked yet.

How did the debate the OP is referring to begin?

and

5'4" woman with double D's or 5'10" woman with double A's?

Edit: Yes, I know, the second question is just as stupid and demeaning as the Op's.

Last edited by lingyi; 07-30-2019 at 01:04 PM.
  #72  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:08 PM
begbert2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Idaho
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
5'4" woman with double D's or 5'10" woman with double A's?

Edit: Yes, I know, the second question is just as stupid and demeaning as the Op's.
You know, I was just thinking that the OP's question (and the whole issue of male dick size in general) is sort of a statement of how men actually do seem to care inordinately about the size of their partners' secondary sexual characteristics. The assume that women care about dick size because they care about breast size and are projecting their issues of size concern onto women.

God, my half of the species is shallow.
  #73  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:08 PM
MichaelEmouse's Avatar
MichaelEmouse is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,291
Height and penis size may matter very much to some women but most men seem to have as distorted a view of what women tend to want as most women do for men. The average man and woman are both much less demanding than usually expected.

Penis size and bodybuilder-type muscles are two aspects which seem to obsess many men while being largely irrelevant to most women. That pressure comes mainly from other men and from each individual man. I would guess that for most women, height and penis size, beyond a modest minimum, either sit low on the priority list or don't even make it on the list.

As for height, look at the men chosen by the most sought-after women like young rich famous talented great-looking female celebrities. They tend to be a little taller than average but not much. As just one example, look at Anne Hathaway. She could have married a 7-feet-tall basketball player if she's wanted but she ended up marrying a man who's about the same height as her and makes less money. You can find other examples. So, maybe, OP may have a distorted view of women's typical priorities.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
5'7" with a 4" penis is fine if he's smart and makes me laugh.
Damn.

Well, alright then; Where's that saw?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
If it makes me laugh, no problem. He might not take too kindly to that, however.
I'm pretty sure that's covered by Rule 34.
  #74  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:18 PM
FairyChatMom's Avatar
FairyChatMom is offline
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern Merrylande
Posts: 41,636
I can honestly say I never once thought about the size of the penis of any guy I met or dated. However, I never felt comfortable when I dated really tall guys - it made me feel insignificant bordering on invisible. That's the only reason height matters to me.
  #75  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Mallard is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 233
All men want a hot 22 year old blonde with big hooters. All women want men with a big.......wallet. As long as that criteria is met, everyone's happy.
  #76  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:32 PM
thorny locust is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Fair enough. Am a bit surprised to see no one finding the smaller penis to be a disqualifying trait so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
FYI I fully expect both to be a disqualifying trait to most women. This is just to test the waters on which would be less 'bad' if you will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
anyway, never thought I'd see the day where a woman would prefer 4 over 8.
Oh, good grief. You sure don't know much about women, do you?

It ain't the size, it's what you can do with it. And with the rest of your body and mind, for that matter. If you think sex is all done with the penis, that's a strong negative right there.

I have a moderate personal preference for short men; but height is nowhere near the major factor in attraction. Penis size is nowhere in the picture at all; though I suppose if I'd ever had direct experience with one large enough to be painful, that would have been a negative.
  #77  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:49 PM
lingyi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,962
I had two female friends, both petite Koreans tell me that their husbands were too big (length and girth) and it actually hurt sometimes. A co-worker (yeah, don't know why women tell me these things!) said that her husband was so big that it caused damage to her uterus.

On the other hand, when I asked another friend if penis size mattered, she told me "Of course! So it doesn't fall out when you're on top!"
  #78  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:53 PM
kayaker's Avatar
kayaker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 32,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
A co-worker (yeah, don't know why women tell me these things!) said that her husband was so big that it caused damage to her uterus.
He dilated her cervix and entered her uterus?!

I stopped at our local library the other day and asked if they had the new book about living with a smaller than average penis. She told me it wasn't in yet. I left in tears.
  #79  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:01 PM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
I can honestly say I never once thought about the size of the penis of any guy I met or dated. However, I never felt comfortable when I dated really tall guys - it made me feel insignificant bordering on invisible. That's the only reason height matters to me.
Did you not think of any guys sizes because they were all near average? Maybe you would have thought about it had they been noticeably small or large
  #80  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:12 PM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
Oh, good grief. You sure don't know much about women, do you?

It ain't the size, it's what you can do with it. And with the rest of your body and mind, for that matter. If you think sex is all done with the penis, that's a strong negative right there.

I have a moderate personal preference for short men; but height is nowhere near the major factor in attraction. Penis size is nowhere in the picture at all; though I suppose if I'd ever had direct experience with one large enough to be painful, that would have been a negative.
Again its odd to me that so far no woman has expressed a preference for tall and/or well endowed men. There should at least be several to balance out the ones who dont prefer tall and hung.

Maybe its an age thing? I get the sense that most of yall are much older than me.. as a millennial i can say that girls my age are obsessed with this stuff

Last edited by shocky2002; 07-30-2019 at 02:12 PM.
  #81  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:16 PM
Beckdawrek's Avatar
Beckdawrek is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 16,197
Nm

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 07-30-2019 at 02:17 PM.
  #82  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:19 PM
MichaelEmouse's Avatar
MichaelEmouse is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post

Maybe its an age thing? I get the sense that most of yall are much older than me.. as a millennial i can say that girls my age are obsessed with this stuff
What elements have lead you to that conclusion? People talking about it online when you specifically sought out people emphasizing them?
  #83  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:21 PM
I Love Me, Vol. I's Avatar
I Love Me, Vol. I is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SF
Posts: 4,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
No, she took the guy that's 5'7" because she doesn't like tall guys. The penis was irrelevant. Really, insecure men think penis size is more important to women than it is.
Wait... can't I be insecure about my height? I'm fine with my penis size. I'm about 5'9". It'd be better for me if women were more concerned about penis size than height.
  #84  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:26 PM
tomndebb is offline
Mod Rocker
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: N E Ohio
Posts: 40,875
When I was much younger, I might have gone for the larger penis size. (I'm not sure, however. 6'4": I would be nice to be tall.)
However, after years of reports and studies indicating the a long penis is not that important to women, I would probably still opt for height over penis length. (Girth might have been a different issue, but I have never seen reliable information regarding what is considered a good size.)
  #85  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:26 PM
thorny locust is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Did you not think of any guys sizes because they were all near average? Maybe you would have thought about it had they been noticeably small or large
Nope.

I once had a friend comment on the large penis size of somebody we'd both been with. I hadn't noticed.

I think she had because it interfered with her diaphragm (I was using a different method).

As far as height, I've gone with quite short and quite tall men, as well as some in the middle. It's mildly annoying to have to stretch to kiss the tall ones; but not anywhere near annoying enough to outweigh other factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
girls my age are obsessed with this stuff
Cite, please?

I've run into men who seemed obsessed with it. I've run into women who had some preference, but not enough to outweigh other factors. Why do you think physical size would outweigh other factors?
  #86  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Beckdawrek's Avatar
Beckdawrek is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 16,197
Take it from someone older and wiser () than you. You will out grow this weirdness. Grown women ain't walking around looking at crotches.
Look up, dude, my eyes are up here. I'm a 6ft. tall woman, of course I wanted a tall or taller mate. Penis size was NEVER an issue.
You're being fooled into thinking your endowment matters to a potential lover. If you're leading with your oh, so large penis you may get yourself into trouble.
I have children who are millenials and I could possibly be the age of your Mother. My advice: go ask her what she thinks of your theories. (Psst! You're not gonna like her answer)
  #87  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:41 PM
tomndebb is offline
Mod Rocker
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: N E Ohio
Posts: 40,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Again its odd to me that so far no woman has expressed a preference for tall and/or well endowed men. There should at least be several to balance out the ones who dont prefer tall and hung.
Alternatively: it might just be a dumb question.

It might be nice to simply lie back and imagine one's "perfect" date/spouse/whatever, but in the real world that is not how people generally meet,
[Craigslist, looking for person with the following physical characteristics.
height,
weight,
BMI,
genitalia length,
width,
weight,
percentage of skull (still) covered by hair,
percentage of back covered by hair,
etc. . . .]
Given the unrealistic nature of the question, the real question becomes "Why should anyone care?"

Last edited by tomndebb; 07-30-2019 at 02:42 PM.
  #88  
Old 07-30-2019, 02:58 PM
tim-n-va is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,229
My theory is that women donít care about penis size because they are too worried if their breasts are big enough.

Plus or minus one-third of the average would probably not be disqualifying if all other factors were acceptable.
  #89  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:09 PM
lingyi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Again its odd to me that so far no woman has expressed a preference for tall and/or well endowed men. There should at least be several to balance out the ones who dont prefer tall and hung.

Maybe its an age thing? I get the sense that most of yall are much older than me.. as a millennial i can say that girls my age are obsessed with this stuff
The OP is basing his/her comment on what's said in porn!
  #90  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:10 PM
lingyi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,962
@ the OP.

You still haven't posted, how/why the debate started and what the context of the debate was.
  #91  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:19 PM
shocky2002 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
@ the OP.

You still haven't posted, how/why the debate started and what the context of the debate was.
Ok. I come from a forum full of guys who complain of women and their standards in dating, especially regarding height. Someone asked whether itd be better to be short and hung or tall/small and that sparked a debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Take it from someone older and wiser () than you. You will out grow this weirdness. Grown women ain't walking around looking at crotches.
Look up, dude, my eyes are up here. I'm a 6ft. tall woman, of course I wanted a tall or taller mate. Penis size was NEVER an issue.
You're being fooled into thinking your endowment matters to a potential lover. If you're leading with your oh, so large penis you may get yourself into trouble.
I have children who are millenials and I could possibly be the age of your Mother. My advice: go ask her what she thinks of your theories. (Psst! You're not gonna like her answer)
Thats great. I love tall women haha. Its also nice you dont care much for size

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
Cite, please?

I've run into men who seemed obsessed with it. I've run into women who had some preference, but not enough to outweigh other factors. Why do you think physical size would outweigh other factors?
Tinder women lol they straight up list their 'requirements' if you will
  #92  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
If you're leading with your oh, so large penis you may get yourself into trouble.

Agreed. First of all, beware slamming doors.
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #93  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:33 PM
begbert2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Idaho
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
As far as height, I've gone with quite short and quite tall men, as well as some in the middle. It's mildly annoying to have to stretch to kiss the tall ones; but not anywhere near annoying enough to outweigh other factors.
As a 6'1" man, I've worried the fact that I've stood at a head taller than some of the women I've dated. It feels like something's wrong when you want them to stand on a stepstool when kissing.

Now that my fears have been confirmed, I will become neurotic now.
  #94  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:49 PM
Sunny Daze's Avatar
Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay Area Urban Sprawl
Posts: 12,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Ok. I come from a forum full of guys who complain of women and their standards in dating, especially regarding height. Someone asked whether itd be better to be short and hung or tall/small and that sparked a debate.
"Standards in dating"? Do tell.
  #95  
Old 07-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Broomstick's Avatar
Broomstick is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 28,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Fair enough. Am a bit surprised to see no one finding the smaller penis to be a disqualifying trait so far.
Understand this truth about penis:

Anything at all about a penis matters far, far, far more to men than it ever will to women. It's not that women are opposed to penis*, it's just not as important to us as it is to you.

This, by the way, is why sending dick picks to women is unlikely to get you a date. It's like trying to get someone to buy a car by sending an unsolicited picture of the inside of the car's crankcase as the first thing. It's not that no one cares about the crankcase - it's important and we'd like a functional crankcase - but that's nowhere near the first thing that attracts someone to a car. The assumption is that, until otherwise mentioned, the crankcase works just fine so there's really no reason to point it out. There are so many other features a prospective buyer will want to examine and evaluate first, before she ever gets to the crankcase, that you really should pay more attention to those other things. I mean, really, who pays attention to how big the crankcase on their car is or isn't? Does it work? Yes? Then who cares.




* OK, there are a few women opposed to them, but since they don't spend a lot of time around men, given a choice, and don't date men, I'm pretty sure the OP's question is not addressed to them so I'm assuming we don't have to take that small subset of women into account in this thread.

Last edited by Broomstick; 07-30-2019 at 03:55 PM.
  #96  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:02 PM
Broomstick's Avatar
Broomstick is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 28,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
FYI I fully expect both to be a disqualifying trait to most women. This is just to test the waters on which would be less 'bad' if you will.
Oh, by the way - there are already several threads regarding how women view men's height. You might try searching for them if you want more amazing information on how women care less about these things than men do.
  #97  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:09 PM
Broomstick's Avatar
Broomstick is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 28,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Your dick is so big you can pick people up with it?
There was a side-show performer with the Jim Rose Circus who went by the name Mr. Lifto that I can't link to directly without violating forum rules but... yeah, it's about a guy who lifts heavy things with his penis.
  #98  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:14 PM
bump is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 18,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
I had two female friends, both petite Koreans tell me that their husbands were too big (length and girth) and it actually hurt sometimes. A co-worker (yeah, don't know why women tell me these things!) said that her husband was so big that it caused damage to her uterus.

On the other hand, when I asked another friend if penis size mattered, she told me "Of course! So it doesn't fall out when you're on top!"
That brings up something else that the OP has not considered- women come in different sizes as well- what's just right for one woman may seem like a Pringles can to another, or a chapstick to a third.
  #99  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:21 PM
MichaelEmouse's Avatar
MichaelEmouse is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
Ok. I come from a forum full of guys who complain of women and their standards in dating, especially regarding height. Someone asked whether itd be better to be short and hung or tall/small and that sparked a debate.
A group of men online who complain about women and the fact that they're not getting the results they want out of dating and ascribe their dissatisfaction to something they can't fix (e.g.:height, penis size) rather than something they can but which is unpleasant and difficult to change (e.g.:attitude, personality, habits). "If I don't have the dating life I wish I had, it's because women won't even consider men who aren't tall and don't have large genitalia", is that the summary of their complaint? Although it may be accurate in a small percentage of cases, I'd be wary of taking that complaint and explanation at face value

Last edited by MichaelEmouse; 07-30-2019 at 04:22 PM.
  #100  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Treppenwitz is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
There was a side-show performer with the Jim Rose Circus who went by the name Mr. Lifto that I can't link to directly without violating forum rules but... yeah, it's about a guy who lifts heavy things with his penis.
There's a pharma industry story - recounted as true - that in some clinical studies of Viagra, one of the variables measured was (ahem) weight lifting ability.

All I said was "recounted as true"....

j
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017