Old 07-31-2019, 03:01 PM

Anecdotally---I mean, how could it not be?---width seems to be more desired than length in the male member. Earnest communication, and a knowledge of female anatomy, trumps both. Of the choices, I'll take 6'4."

It is hilarious listening to women describe a guy who was evidently absolutely gigantic. The lady relating the story said she saw his penis, Nope!'d the hell out of there, to which he replied, "Yeah, no worries. I get that a lot." And another young woman replied that a guy like that just meant ya needed more lube. Much laughter was had by all.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

I'm on a baker's dozen of closed Facebook groups for gender-variant people. The transgender men quite often have not had any surgery to generate a penis, for a variety of reasons. The ones who date women report that the complete and utter lack of such an appendage is indeed occasionally a dealbreaker, but not as often as you might expect. If there's good communication and a romantic ignition, it's something you can work around.

Meanwhile, the lesbians have long been saying that they are better at getting other women satiated and pleasured than men, and claim to have statistics to prove it.

I myself have such a physiological appurtenance. I have no idea if it's larger or smaller than standard, nor whether I have more or less skill on average in using it. I'm absolutely positive that none of that has more than superficial bearing on whether or not I've been in demand or had happy partners.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
I think it has less to do with fetishism and more about our sex's insecurities. Many of us stay up at night worrying we're not good enough for the people we have a crush on, and thus will lose them soon as a better guy comes along. And since after 4,000 years we still haven't figured out the first clue about how you womyn work and what y'alls want ; we don't know what "better" really is or could be. So it's putatively any and everything - but "not being satisfying enough in bed" is of course fear number A.1.alpha. .
Nowhere near all men are obsessed with penis size the way some people are, they just don't have a reason to go to small-penis-related reddits so you won't see them there. The 4000 years thing is just silly - opinions about penis size are almost entirely cultural (along with things like breast size, fat vs fit vs bodybuilder, body hair, makeup, facial hair, and the like). To use an example from approximately 2500 years ago, the Greeks felt that large penises were gross and uncivilized and used 'you have a large cock' as an insult - you can see this aesthetic in the small penises on nude statues.

Also, a little secret about women: they don't have a hive mind so there's not one answer for 'how you womyn work', and for the most part if you strike up a friendship with some of them, they'll actually tell you things like what they want and don't want in relationships. Of course, that requires actually listening to what they say which is apparently tricky for some people - for example, in this thread you have exchanges like "I don't really care about cock size, I'd choose the short guy because I like short guys" followed by "Oh, so you like the larger cock size then!".
Old 07-31-2019, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
Waving a giant penis around is a male display ritual, it's not how you attract females of your species.
Quote:
Oh c'mon. We also do it for fun.
Hey, there is nothing wrong with enjoying your manly displays of manliness. Have at it!
Old 07-31-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
Congratulations on expanding your information to sources outside that forum, including actual women. Double congratulations if you actually listen to such women..
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky2002 View Post
This the second time in this thread a woman preferred the 5’7 guy but not because of his larger penis size. Could you really say that 8 inches > 4 inches wasn’t the main reason why you went with the short dude?
Sigh.

I withdraw the congratulations I gave in my first sentence quoted above, on the grounds that you clearly have no intention of qualifying for the congratulations in the second sentence.

You're clearly not trying to get actual information; you're just trying to push somebody into giving an answer that you like and that fits into the nonsense being passed around your thread full of complainers.

It's possible that you'll grow out of this eventually. For both your sake and that of anyone who has to put up with you, I hope so.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

If a woman won't date a short man, how will she discover he has a big penis?

And what about girth?
Old 07-31-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantastic View Post
Nowhere near all men are obsessed with penis size the way some people are, they just don't have a reason to go to small-penis-related reddits so you won't see them there. The 4000 years thing is just silly - opinions about penis size are almost entirely cultural (along with things like breast size, fat vs fit vs bodybuilder, body hair, makeup, facial hair, and the like). To use an example from approximately 2500 years ago, the Greeks felt that large penises were gross and uncivilized and used 'you have a large cock' as an insult - you can see this aesthetic in the small penises on nude statues.

Yet at the same time and in the same general eco/cultural area Romans and Etruscans couldn't stop drawing huge, priapic dicks everywhere. Even wore them as apotropaic jewelry.

That being said, obviously I wasn't being overly serious. That's twice in this thread I've cockwooshed - maybe I really do have an outstanding dik-dik.

Quote:
Also, a little secret about women: they don't have a hive mind so there's not one answer for 'how you womyn work', and for the most part if you strike up a friendship with some of them, they'll actually tell you things like what they want and don't want in relationships. Of course, that requires actually listening to what they say
(emphasis mine) That's just cheating.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Yet at the same time and in the same general eco/cultural area Romans and Etruscans couldn't stop drawing huge, priapic dicks everywhere.
.....sounds like Marines.....
Old 07-31-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
Anything's fine if he's smart and makes me laugh.
Well, my penis never fails to make women laugh.

I mean... that's a good thing, right?
Old 07-31-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Yet at the same time and in the same general eco/cultural area Romans and Etruscans couldn't stop drawing huge, priapic dicks everywhere. Even wore them as apotropaic jewelry.
A guy who's got an adorable dik-dik and knows what "apotropaic" means---okay, I'm impressed.

(Unless that was somebody else's dik-dik you sent the picture of?)
Old 07-31-2019, 09:16 PM

You know, as a guy, I've never really paid much attention to other guys's dik-diks. And for a time I figured that, hey, they're all more or less the same size, right? Or at least within a narrow enough range that any differences wouldn't be all that noteworthy. Sure, sometimes you'll hear about a guy who is particularly well-endowed, or otherwise, but for the most part, a dik-dik is a dik-dik. Much like hands or feet.

But then a girlfriend once gave me the low-down on the length, girth and particular idiosyncrasies of all her past lovers' dik-diks. With drawn illustrations. So then I learned that some women, at least, certainly notice. FWIW.

True story. It was certainly an informative way to spend an afternoon.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:52 PM

Illustrations, you say? Did she have a portfolio she carried around, or did she draw them from memory?
Old 08-01-2019, 01:15 AM

All this talk of dik-diks kinda..sorta...makes me feel..well..um..hungry.
For Sonic corndogs
Old 08-01-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
That being said, obviously I wasn't being overly serious. That's twice in this thread I've cockwooshed - maybe I really do have an outstanding dik-dik.
Generally making a 'joke' by just stating a position that people in the thread and around the internet actually hold and expecting everyone to go 'oh, ha-ha this person repeating that tired mantra is obviously being silly' doesn't work well. Whether you're 'being serious' or not, the information you posted was completely wrong, and is exactly the sort of thing that the OP and people like him say - phrasing it in a slightly dumber way than usual doesn't actually make a joke. And your adding the bit about the Romans in your reply makes it sound like you actually take the argument you put forth seriously enough to try to defend it, so the whole "hurr, you got wooshed" schtick doesn't really stand up.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:41 AM

I'm disappointed in all of you! 164 posts and not one mention of "tallywacker!?"

Last edited by lingyi; 08-01-2019 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantastic View Post
Generally making a 'joke' by just stating a position that people in the thread and around the internet actually hold and expecting everyone to go 'oh, ha-ha this person repeating that tired mantra is obviously being silly' doesn't work well. Whether you're 'being serious' or not, the information you posted was completely wrong, and is exactly the sort of thing that the OP and people like him say - phrasing it in a slightly dumber way than usual doesn't actually make a joke. And your adding the bit about the Romans in your reply makes it sound like you actually take the argument you put forth seriously enough to try to defend it, so the whole "hurr, you got wooshed" schtick doesn't really stand up.

Astoundingly enough, you can be (and in fact, I often am) serious AND making with the funny at the same time ! Onions, ogres, layers and that. Complex stuff, I know.
In this particular case, I was being serious about men's insecurities and fear of their girlfriends and wives riding away with some other, "better" guy ; while the bit about y'alls and womyn was couching those true, if often irrational, fears in ha-ha language, as denoted and underlined by a semantic code shift, the better to acknowledge the absurdity of such fears. Oh yeah Kimstu, I know about code shifts too. I'm a true Renaissance man. Except for all the syphilis and stuff.

The bit about the Romans was just saying interesting historical stuff for the sake of saying it. And it's absolutely correct : the Romans LOVED the cock. Title of my upcoming book, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate
.....sounds like Marines.....
*nod* but the Romans didn't have crayons to eat yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu
A guy who's got an adorable dik-dik and knows what "apotropaic" means---okay, I'm impressed.
And just you wait until you see my collection of D&D books, baby... Wait, wait, come back !

Last edited by Kobal2; 08-01-2019 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Speaking of, I'm not yet ready to start dating again ; but when I hit that Tinder you can bet your arse I'm opening with unsollicited Dik-dik pics. I hear ladies are ALL about that these days.
It's not something I'd ever do but I have to think for all the complaints men wouldn't send them if they didn't ever get a positive response.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewder View Post
It's not something I'd ever do but I have to think for all the complaints men wouldn't send them if they didn't ever get a positive response.

Real talk, it's not something I'd see myself doing, but I can see points of a relationship and/or flirt where dick pics have a legit space. Like if she's being all teasing and dirty talking and you want to convey the meaning "this is having the positive effect you're looking for, keep it up you saucy little minx" then, y'know, a picture is worth a thousand words I guess.

Opening up with a dick pick out of the blue however, if I had to guess, really isn't about getting a positive response to begin with. To me it's half about the narcissistic notion that "any reaction is better than being ignored" and half about pre-emptively dealing with the fear of rejection. As in, of course she told you to fuck off, what else did you expect ? You sent her a picture of your genitals before even saying hello ! But since you knew she was going to reject you from the get go, it's OK, and she's rejecting you for the obviously shitty thing you just did rather than your personality or how your face looks or whatever, stuff that might actually hurt your feelings or prompt some sort of self-questioning.

Of course it's absurd, but human psychology pretty much is at every level.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:58 AM

(IOW, it's the grown-up version of pulling on Becky's braids at recess cuz' you fancy her. Because of course just telling her about feelings and stuff feels a lot more uncomfortable, and might lead to *gulp* intimacy. Which guys are taught less than zero about, nor generally know how to handle. So, you pull on the braids instead, since that leads to a much less vulnerable space.

I'll readily admit that, even though I'm getting better at it these days (or maybe I've just gained more levels in "ain't givin' a fuck"), I still often feel the urge to defuse Awww moments or react to compliments by deadpanning stupid stuff like "wanna fuck now ?" or "I also have a giant cock btw")
Old 08-01-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Clark View Post
Don't worry, he'll tell her.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag Otto View Post
Illustrations, you say? Did she have a portfolio she carried around, or did she draw them from memory?
Just from memory.

I mean, we're not talking Florentine Renaissance painting levels of accuracy or detail. Just the sort of quick sketches that, for instance, I might be able to produce, if you asked me to draw a comparative lineup of my ex-ladyfriends' boobage.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Clark View Post
"I don't know why Bill gets all the women. He's only 5'4" and I happen to know he has a short dick.

And the women come flocking to him when all he does is stand there licking his eyebrows."

Also -
Quote:
Average penis size for men is 5 1/2 inches.

Average penis size for men who Google "average penis size" is 4 1/2 inches.
Seriously, there's nothing I can do about my height, and also nothing I can do about the dimensions of Mr. Happy. So all I can do is get a gun collection, a large SUV, and lie about my great sense of humor and net worth.

Regards,
Shodan

PS - I'm a grow-er, not a show-er. Really! And I like long walks on the beach!
Old 08-01-2019, 09:12 AM
SDSAB

What if a pro basketball player focused on keyboard music after retiring from the NBA? He might be a 7-foot-tall pianist.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

"I rang the doorbell, didn't I?"

Regards,
Shodan
Old 08-01-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post
Just from memory.

I mean, we're not talking Florentine Renaissance painting levels of accuracy or detail. Just the sort of quick sketches that, for instance, I might be able to produce, if you asked me to draw a comparative lineup of my ex-ladyfriends' boobage.
I was expecting etchings.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
[...] I still often feel the urge to defuse Awww moments or react to compliments by deadpanning stupid stuff like "wanna fuck now ?" or "I also have a giant cock btw"
I see! Well, that explains what happened that time when we were discussing medieval cavalry tactics.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChockFullOfHeadyGoodness View Post
Definitely the double A's. We are talking about report cards, right?
I prefer a woman with double A's because of they are readily attainable and generally cheap. OTOH, none of my electronics take double D's!

Batteries.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

For the Consecutive Thread Titles thingie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Posts
Penis size or Height- what matters more to women

Pencil sharpener museum.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewder View Post
Some people are clearly doing it to troll or threaten people, which would be enough to get the notion of dick pics into the public consciousness. And you add to that people who think their dick's length and appearance are among their best features, you could get people thinking "This is a way to show my good side, while also showing that I'm interested in sex!" without ever having to hear a credible success story.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:55 PM

I think some guys use the scattershot approach. Just keep doing dickish things until someone actually responds positively. Then you know you've found the type of low-standards woman you're looking for. Kind of like how spam emails are written so that only the stupidest people will respond.

In my all-male high school, a teacher (!!!) once gave the class some grotesquely inappropriate advice on how to pick up women. The gist of it was, approach the woman and blatantly proposition her. He said "9 out of 10 of them will reject you, but when you find the one that doesn't, you've won".
Old 08-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn+ View Post
I think some guys use the scattershot approach. Just keep doing dickish things until someone actually responds positively. Then you know you've found the type of low-standards woman you're looking for. Kind of like how spam emails are written so that only the stupidest people will respond.

In my all-male high school, a teacher (!!!) once gave the class some grotesquely inappropriate advice on how to pick up women. The gist of it was, approach the woman and blatantly proposition her. He said "9 out of 10 of them will reject you, but when you find the one that doesn't, you've won".

I actually saw a guy doing this once in Washington Square Park. He walked up to every woman and asked if she wanted to have sex with him. My friend asked him, basically, WTF?, and he said he never had to spend more than an hour before he found a willing partner.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I see! Well, that explains what happened that time when we were discussing medieval cavalry tactics.

I... um... yes ? Probably.

So, wanna fuck now or what ?

(no but more seriously, I don't remember, got a link ?)
Old 08-01-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
(no but more seriously, I don't remember, got a link ?)
It was just a joke. Relax.
Quote:
So, wanna fuck now or what ?
Maybe. If you talk to me about cavalry tactics some more. You know I dig that.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:37 PM

OK, so about the role of stirrups, you see...
Old 08-01-2019, 04:49 PM

There is actually a study that answers this exact question here:

https://incels.wiki/w/Scientific_Bla...greater_height
Old 08-01-2019, 05:10 PM

I'm not clicking on a link to an incel wiki.

Do you have a link direct to the study? Who was it done by?
Old 08-01-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
I actually saw a guy doing this once in Washington Square Park. He walked up to every woman and asked if she wanted to have sex with him. My friend asked him, basically, WTF?, and he said he never had to spend more than an hour before he found a willing partner.
The guy must have been really unattractive. In Washington Square Park, it should have taken him 5 minutes.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Andrea Martin: "Guys, women don't care. As long as it reaches from you to us, it's gonna be fine."
Old 08-02-2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Penis size or Height- what matters more to women
Size, or *height*?

Well, it it's too far off the ground to reach, that could be a problem.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:53 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Did you not think of any guys sizes because they were all near average? Maybe you would have thought about it had they been noticeably small or large
Late to answer this, but, no, I never cared what a guy had in his pants - ever. And the one time I remember meeting a guy who felt compelled to brag about the size of his dick, there was no doubt that I wanted nothing to do with him. To me it just doesn't matter.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Late to answer this, but, no, I never cared what a guy had in his pants - ever.
See, though, I think this is what really breaks some dudes' hearts. You may think it's comforting for us to know that penis size doesn't matter. Or you may not think that. I can't read your mind. But anyway. This goes right to the heart of the insecurities of guys like our OP. Or at least that is my current hypothesis.

He's not worried that his penis is too small. He's actually worried that his penis doesn't matter. That you don't even care. Big, small, whatever: His penis simply isn't very interesting.

And isn't that the most frightening thing of all? The ultimate humiliation?

Maybe that's what is going on with dudes who send dick picks. They just want someone to at least notice the damned thing.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:08 AM

FWIW, not that I've much experience in the matter, but the only aspect of my anatomy a woman's cared about was the length of my fingers.

(Yeah this is a nice first post to make to these distinguished fora. My appreciation to you, OP; for this thread of yours has been a most amusing read.)
Old 08-02-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
See, though, I think this is what really breaks some dudes' hearts. You may think it's comforting for us to know that penis size doesn't matter. Or you may not think that. I can't read your mind. But anyway. This goes right to the heart of the insecurities of guys like our OP. Or at least that is my current hypothesis.

He's not worried that his penis is too small. He's actually worried that his penis doesn't matter. That you don't even care. Big, small, whatever: His penis simply isn't very interesting.

And isn't that the most frightening thing of all? The ultimate humiliation?

Maybe that's what is going on with dudes who send dick picks. They just want someone to at least notice the damned thing.
The opposite of love is indifference
Old 08-02-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Don't worry, he'll tell her.
God forbid he's also a pilot from Texas.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
God forbid he's also a pilot from Texas.
Who happens to be a "polyamourous" athiest vegetarian.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelEmouse View Post
The average man and woman are both much less demanding than usually expected. [...] As just one example, look at Anne Hathaway. She could have married a 7-feet-tall basketball player if she's wanted but she ended up marrying a man who's about the same height as her and makes less money.
Yes, but... have you investigated the size of his package?
Old 08-02-2019, 12:13 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn+ View Post
...In my all-male high school, a teacher (!!!) once gave the class some grotesquely inappropriate advice on how to pick up women. The gist of it was, approach the woman and blatantly proposition her. He said "9 out of 10 of them will reject you, but when you find the one that doesn't, you've won".
Before he was Mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg was notorious for boldly propositioning women soon after meeting them. A friend asked, "Don't you get slapped a lot?" He replied, "Yeah, but I get laid a lot, too."
Old 08-02-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Before he was Mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg was notorious for boldly propositioning women soon after meeting them. A friend asked, "Don't you get slapped a lot?" He replied, "Yeah, but I get laid a lot, too."
Being a billionaire probably helped his overall Success to Failure ratio more than a little bit.

"Joe 6 Pack" isn't likely to have the same kind of batting average, and in today's 2019, he's plenty apt to get kicked in the 'nads and then have it immortalized on the internet and branded a would-be "Sexual Predator" by people all over the world, none of which is actually completely undeserved, depending on exactly how he offered up his "Working Man's Indecent Proposals"
Old 08-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Penis does matter - it matters that one is present and it works. Other that.... well, that's pretty much it, actually. Sorry if that's not enough.

(For some people even "it doesn't work" or "it's not present" can be worked around. It's not they don't care, it's just that they don't hold a problem against a person and for them it's not a deal-killer in a relationship. An area where mileage definitely varies.)
Old 08-02-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
Penis does matter - it matters that one is present and it works. Other that.... well, that's pretty much it, actually. Sorry if that's not enough.

(For some people even "it doesn't work" or "it's not present" can be worked around. It's not they don't care, it's just that they don't hold a problem against a person and for them it's not a deal-killer in a relationship. An area where mileage definitely varies.)
There are plenty of guys with ED, yet who are in totally fulfilling sexual relationships. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need an erection to have an orgasm or ejaculation. And if PIV or PIA are impossible, there are certainly alternatives.

And yes, there are guys (especially many F-to-M trans) who don't have a penis at all. And that doesn't have to be a problem.