Old 08-07-2019, 01:29 PM

Favourite and Cool Music Video Locations

The fifth thread I ever started (which sank like a stone anaswered) asked for the identity of the location of a music video : Amel Larrieux's Get Up. Well, thanks to recognizing the same brutalist building (*ugh*) The Weeknd's song Secrets being on telly just now, I now know the identity of the building. It's the Andrews Building of the Univertity of Toronto. While there's a lot of CGI in The Weeknd's video, it also uses another cool location - the Toronto Reference Library. In looking that up, I found out another favourite music video, Tears For Fear's Head Over Heels, was also filmed in a Toronto college library.

So, any particular locations for music video that you like? Looking for specific buildings or sites, not general areas. Bonus if it's used for multiple videos, like that beach tube cave thingy (in LA?).

Last edited by MrDibble; 08-07-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:27 PM

I'll never fail to be amused by the fact that the music video for "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls was filmed in a nunnery in Pasadena. It was directed by Michael Bay, who somehow didn't blow anything up.