Old 09-14-2019, 05:42 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Speaking of cramps, the last couple of nights, I've wakened with weird cramp in my legs (right one night, left the next.) It felt like a spasm and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to move my leg if I didn't get it to pass. Both times, I had to get up and walk around, plus rub the muscles that were cramping. No idea what caused it, but it was scary.

SIL had an interview at Tarjay yesterday, and they want him to come back and talk to the front end supervisor. Fingers crossed for good news... FCD had a talk with him the other day - maybe it had an effect?? Again, fingers crossed.

Today is laundry day and clean the critter fountain day. Daughter and SIL are taking a photography class and they've got an assignment, so I'll have Roxy while they're out picturin'. I suggested they plan their assignment around nap time. We shall see.

Other than that, we'll see what the day brings.

Happy Saturday!
Old 09-14-2019, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 72 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 91 and mostly N.O.S. for the day which is a few degrees cooler than it has been. Fall is in the air! The big item on today's agenda is haircuts. We both need it, as we're lookin' a might shaggy. After that N.O.L. somewhere. Also probably some quality cee-mint pond time this afternoon. Sup shall be via forage.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, alas and alack, purtification and the donnin' of appropriate bein' about the public attire must commence.

Happy Sattidy Y'all!
Old 09-14-2019, 07:07 AM

Morning all. Couple of other referees signed up so looks like I only have to referee 1 game. Still coaching 3, and still going to be in the 90's. so still going to be a tough day. Had raisin bread and a Pepsi to tide myself over.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:18 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Roxy woke around 6, because that's what one does on Mommy's day off. I sent daughter back to bed and I just fed the kid a bowl of corn chex and a fresh peach. She's playing with her toy car right now.

Grandmothering is busy work!
Old 09-14-2019, 07:57 AM

At irk. Tis a rainy morning here. Not much to do but just be here.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. It's my day off, so of course I'm working.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

I can't seem to sleep past six on Saturdays. I think the coffee just finished.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:20 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Laundry is sorted and the first load is washing. It's overcast and rumor has it that it'll be sunny later. But do I trust that and hang my clothes out or just toss everything in the dryer?? Decisions, decisions...

Roxy is still running at full speed. She's been up 3 anna half hours - she should be ready for a nap. Yeah, right...
Old 09-14-2019, 09:11 AM

I slept in this morning. 7am. I'm just back from a walk with Bob T. Dog. A++ with a gold star on his forehead (I give him grades on his walks - he earned a dismal D-minus the other night). It's going to rain the rest of the day so I have a rare day of not doing a goddamned thing if I don't feel like it.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:32 AM

G'morning!

Up, caffeinating, breakfasting, towels and sheets in the wash, puppy crate cleaned and fixing to do KP in a bit. Groceries shall be purchased today, some organizing done with the kids' books and under the bed storage. I may even get out on the bike this afternoon.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:08 AM

Afternoon all!

Just got back from the last regular day of cleanin' irk. I've said I can do some holidays and things, as new job is term time only, so it wasn't a proper 'So long suckers!' quit, but still nice to get a break from the increasing levels of Drama (management is being passed down to new generation, so things keep being changed, some apparently just for the sake of changing, some staff are not good at rolling with changes).

Tis a lovely sunny afternoon, which I am wasting by sitting in and playing on t'internet, but dammit, that's what I want to do. I may meander to the shops shortly, as the first instalment of stoodint loan for this year has appeared in my account, so I feel I should make a (small) irresponsible purchase, to honour tradition. I'm out of beer anyway.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:37 PM

Home and wiped out. Six days is too many to irk in a week. Hungry. Unsure what lunch will be. Also sleepy. Blurf
Old 09-14-2019, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We got coiffed, went to the Dollah Sto', and, since we are such food snobs, had N.O.L. at Waffle House. Also some quality time spent at the cee-mint pond this afternoon. We came in at three and are now all showered and cleanded. Chillage ensues. Well, chillage for me, nappage for OYKW. He could nap until six and then go to bed at eight and sleep all night. He does lurve his sleep!
Old 09-14-2019, 02:52 PM

Things I should do today:
Pick up downed pears in the back yard and deposit same into garbage receptacle.
Fix the little fence around the blueberry plants that the roofers mangled.
poop-scoop the back yard.

Whether I actually do any of those things remains to be seen.

Things I will do today:
Take the movie back to the Box of Red. (Avengers Endgame. It was OK)
See if they have Men in Black International.
Go to the grocery store.
Eat a bunch of leftover spaghetti.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:12 PM

I have a ton of stuff to do, and though I have been pretty busy, nothing seems to be getting done.
It's a bunch of little piddly things like setting up my pill boxes for the next 28 days. Washing the dogs bowls, unpacking the box from da jungle and putting the stuff away.

I got less than 5 hours sleep last night, so I should take a nap.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:55 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Laundry is off the lines and stowed. FCD is snoozing. Daughter, SIL, and Roxy are at the grocery store. Dogs want to be fed.

And I need to decide what supper will be. Maybe sketties?
Old 09-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

Been waiting for a year and finally went to the Mark Knopfler concert last night. Great show, great band, and the man can still shred. The first encore was "Money For Nothing", which was fun to see live.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:21 PM

Howdy all. Survived the 8 hours of soccer, but now that I have my feet propped up, I am scared how they will feel when I put them back on the floor to start my bath. Kids did Ok, the 10U got beat by the best team in the league, while the Boys and Girls 12U both tied 3-3 and 2-2 respectively. Also refereed my girls game and another 10u game, so I can legitimately claim that I'm tired. Fortunately we had a little rain this morning so there was cloud cover and it never got hotter than 83F, so I'm not char-broiled along with worn out.

Looking back at the day's posts, it looks like it's been a slow day for everybody...which is what Sattidays are for.

Need to find some sustenance (6 slices of raisin bread and 2 Hostess cupcakes in 11 hours really is not nutrition) and make myself presentable.

All y'all have a good night now.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:57 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Speaking of cramps, the last couple of nights, I've wakened with weird cramp in my legs (right one night, left the next.) It felt like a spasm and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to move my leg if I didn't get it to pass. Both times, I had to get up and walk around, plus rub the muscles that were cramping. No idea what caused it, but it was scary.
The Old Wench gets those fairly often to the pain-point of almost levitating out of bed and hobbling around putting all the pressure on that leg she can take. She has seen several doctors over the eons and short of a guy with a bone through his nose in her teen years who blamed it on bad mastodon ju-ju she has never got any answers.

The pre-sale today was really slow. Being the end of the outdoor season I am guessing the other vendors just aren't looking to restock just now. The big winnber was a regular who has gotten quite a few things from us. I had a Quezal ceiling fixture with 4 nice globes and he just fell in love with it. The fixture needs a total re-do but the glass was nice if smaller and ------ I let him have it for $100. I got a feeling its going in his house rather than for resale and he is a really good fellow so what the heck? I got it for nothing cleaning out Muvvers place so I think we're ahead.

Last edited by kopek; 09-14-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:31 PM

Home from grocerying and recreational shopping. The bed has been remade and supper et. Tonight, I'm just going to chill with some documentaries.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:17 PM

well my weekend's went to hell ...aunt hasn't received her timesheet from ihss and shes panicked dut to it all going online soon and shes not signed up for it yet and have 3 million excuses why it shouldn't be done .... which comes down to she doesn't want to use a computer as its an inconvenience to her
They're not supposed to switch it over until next month so hopefully, it comes on Monday..

And i accidentally "closed" my cousins account what happened is she has a sears card that's paid by her mom but for some reason, sears don't like my aunt's bank card so I transfer the money between accounts

well i didn't put in a few dollars over like normal and it his a 0 balance and they did a "soft close" so now aunt has to go to the bank and put in money so it can be reopened ..

What gets me is it wasn't even 24 hours and they closed it and gave us no way to put money in (usually since its the same bank I can do it on their website)..So I'm hearing about that .......

Yeah its been a fun day .......
Old 09-14-2019, 11:20 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home, beer-ed. Off tomorrow?
Old 09-15-2019, 04:44 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 73 Amurrkin out and clear (well, dark) with a predicted high of 93 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. The big plan of the day is deheathenization. If'n I can get OYKW motivated I'd like to do that Luterun style at nine a.m. We discussed the possibility last night. Maybe I'll fry some bacon (while fully clothed thankyewverymuch) as that will roust him out of bed. After that, who knows what the day will hold.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 09-15-2019, 05:51 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

It was a cramp-free night - yay! I'm breakfasting and caffeinating while surfing - the rest of the household, minus critters, is asleep.

The only think I have to do today is clean the critter fountain, since I neglected to do it yesterday. Roxy is going to her grandmother's and daughter plans to spend the day grading papers and such. FCD will want to watch Dallas beat the Redskins. That'll be my day.

Happy Sunday!!
Old 09-15-2019, 06:53 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. I'm going to watch hockey practice in a bit.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:18 AM

Blurf. Stayed up until 10:30pm last night so I'd sleep real soundly, so of course I woke up about 3:30am and never really go back to sleep. Nappage is a definite possibility.

Press on.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:09 AM

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted, clothes in the wash and surfing. I need to do a bit of work on the patio today in addition to the usual Sunday chores.

Happy Sunday!
Old 09-15-2019, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

It's gonna be a long week coming up. Seems my feet are already hurting. I'm going to veg out after I take my mom to the cemetery. It was too wet on Thursday to visit dad's grave, the fifth anniversary of his being killed.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:38 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I dragged the sprinkler over to some plants I'd transplanted a month or so ago - they were looking droopy due to lack of rain. Hope I'm not too late. I also cleaned the critter fountain - go me!

I think it's time to assume the knit position and watch some more Poldark on Amazon...
Old 09-15-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
The big item on today's agenda is haircuts. We both need it, as we're lookin' a might shaggy.
Well it was Scooby-Doo's birthday the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Stayed up until 10:30pm last night so I'd sleep real soundly, so of course I woke up about 3:30am and never really go back to sleep. Nappage is a definite possibility.
Piker. I was well on the road by that point. Alarm went off when it was still Sunny's Saturday. Breakfast (pt 2) was a slice of 'za on 9th Ave a little after 4 Auntie Meridian (all the little meridians were still abed); sober people were me & the two employees. Not any of the customers, nor any of the people on the street, with the possible exception of the homeless beggar.

Saw not one but three skunks roaming the streets of Weehawken (the town on the NJ side of the Lincoln Tunnel). I always thought them to be more woodlands creatures. However, I gave them a wide berth & crossed the street so I didn't exactly get a chance to ask them where they lived as I didn't want to shout & wake the neighbors given the early hour.
Mamma Nature didn't cooperate with my desired photos this weekend. Firday's night's (full moon), at best, I have three more opportunities to take before Memorial Day & this morning's I can't even attempt again until sometime in March. It was looking good until about 5 miles away & then...pea soup is considered runny compared to that fog.

Given how I've already been to the groc & put (almost) everything away; it is now officially naptime.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

0742, and the pork roast has been in the oven for 50 minutes. Should be ready around 1500.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

The Ms wants to start "fall cleaning" today, our twice-a-year, week-long scouring of the homestead. I really hate it, but there is no way to avoid it short of a hospital stay. I can only be happy that it's a small house.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:56 AM

Happy Sunday!

Home from the park, it is going to be a pretty day.

I have lots to do today. I think I could take a week off irk, work steady for 16 hours a day and still not get everything done. I'm debating going to the Bark for Life event today, but I'm not sure. Some of Ripple's friends will be there, but I'm tired. I guess I'll decide closer to 1.

I should do some laundry, and I need to charge the ring doorbell and my toothbrush. Every room needs a good vacuuming, and all the hardwood needs mopping. The yard is a mess, but the skeeters are so bad I think that can wait until it gets cold enough to kill the little bastards. They love me for some reason, even at the park I am getting bit and nobody else is. I should order groceries, to pick up tomorrow. I'd rather go Toosday when I get the senior discount, but my son is out of food. Of course I could just order pizza or something for him.

Mostly all I want right now is a nap.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We deheathenated with the Luteruns and then went to Cracker Barrel. I had their biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig country breakfast as did OYKW, so now we're stuffded! Nappage shall ensue shortly.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Happy Sunday!

Home from the park, it is going to be a pretty day.

I have lots to do today. I think I could take a week off irk, work steady for 16 hours a day and still not get everything done. I'm debating going to the Bark for Life event today, but I'm not sure. Some of Ripple's friends will be there, but I'm tired. I guess I'll decide closer to 1.

I should do some laundry, and I need to charge the ring doorbell and my toothbrush. Every room needs a good vacuuming, and all the hardwood needs mopping. The yard is a mess, but the skeeters are so bad I think that can wait until it gets cold enough to kill the little bastards. They love me for some reason, even at the park I am getting bit and nobody else is. I should order groceries, to pick up tomorrow. I'd rather go Toosday when I get the senior discount, but my son is out of food. Of course I could just order pizza or something for him.

Mostly all I want right now is a nap.
Sahirrnee, be careful of the mini flying vampires--around here we are having a big outbreak of West Nile and EEE.

This might be a good time to tell the son to put on his big boy undies and figure out his own food. Tell him it's a dry run for when you are hospitalized from frustration due to his not interacting with the rest of the planet.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:14 PM

!!!TMI warning!!!

Had a bad evening of it last night. Three trips to the bathroom in 30 minutes. Had to take a loperamide. (immodium-d) that I keep around for just these festive occasions.
My two functioning brain cells decided to talk to each other for a change and I had a thought: Fake crab. I had made some crab salad yesterday with some fake crab that had been on sale. So I dug the packaging out of the garbage and read the ingredients. Sorbitol!!
Why didn't I read the ingredients in the store? I couldn't. I had to use a set of reading glasses AND a magnifying glass AND a strong light to read them here at my desk. Bastids!!!
I really love crab salad sammies too, but there's nothing else for it except to throw it out.

[/TMI]

Mom, what kind of critter fountain do you have? I got the boys a new one last year that promised to be easier to clean then their old one but it's still a PITA to get into the not-readily-apparent nooks and crannies.

Happy sunday y'all
Old 09-15-2019, 01:46 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Bumba - this is the one we have. It takes about 15 minutes from unplugging it to restarting it. I've got several brushes for cleaning little spaces, and I use a scrubby sponge on the larger areas. I have to clean it ever other week or it gets scummy, and I replace the filter monthly. Which reminds me, I need to order more filters.

FCD is watching Dallas spank Washington. Shortly, I will return to knittage.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:03 PM

I haven't taken a nap and I should have.
Didn't go to the Bark for Life event either, been sitting here vegetating.

Do humans have to worry about EEE Alien? Guess I should look it up.

I suppose my son could order his own pizza. I'm sure that is what he would do.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:04 PM
born to be shunned

Our last sell-down of the season is over and went really good but not great.

Both our colds are on the mend but at that really-drained-feeling stage.

Looking forward to 04:45 in the AM -------- and you have no idea how shocked I am to type that.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:07 PM

Hope you're feeling better now bumba! Sorbitol can be pretty evil on the system.

I didn't get any yard work done, but I did take Nelson to the dog park and did some work in the studio. I fixed Flamenco aigs for supper. Yum!
Old 09-15-2019, 06:33 PM

At 4pm I decided to close my eyes for 15 minutes. The cat was on the couch and forbid she be disturbed so I laid down on the floor. Two,hours later I woke up.....
Old 09-15-2019, 07:37 PM

In today’s bone headed move I stripped the bed and remade it. I tossed the blanket/quilt out by the washer. Hubby put the quilt in the washer and my phone was wrapped up in it. So, I have lost all my pictures and all my contacts. I am pissed mostly at myself. I guess there is a small chance my contacts may be stored in the cloud. I won’t know anything until Tuesday since I am off tomorrow. I am not making a special trip.

Dammit.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
In todayís bone headed move I stripped the bed and remade it. I tossed the blanket/quilt out by the washer. Hubby put the quilt in the washer and my phone was wrapped up in it. So, I have lost all my pictures and all my contacts. I am pissed mostly at myself. I guess there is a small chance my contacts may be stored in the cloud. I wonít know anything until Tuesday since I am off tomorrow. I am not making a special trip.

Dammit.
Bag of rice. If it is a IPhone, everything is in the cloud anyways, and still might be if it isn't.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:16 PM

butters, if your phone is less than five years old, chances are that everything is backed up in the cloud. Appendages crossed.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:05 PM

It is an IPhone. I know I had cloud storage at one time. I don’t know how old it is but probably over 5 years.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

Sloth day. The Paclers won.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
It is an IPhone. I know I had cloud storage at one time. I donít know how old it is but probably over 5 years.

Well, it doesn't owe you anything...if it doesn't come back, upgrade to at least a 8, and it can be happy on anybody's network, and they are water resistant.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:56 PM
Charter Member

Sloth day. The Packers won.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:40 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
Sloth day. The Paclers won.
In his best Father Mike voice -- you are forgiven, my son.

PS -- these end-of-summer colds really stink.

Close enough that I may add insult to injury with a cigar.

Last edited by kopek; 09-16-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:26 PM

Hey, slowpoke, this week's thread is over here ---> Current MMP