Old 09-12-2019, 05:12 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 71 Amurrkin out and clear (well, dark) with a predicted high of 95 and N.O.S. for the day. No real plans for the day which is fine by me. Sup shall be baked chikin boobs (is doin' that in a slow cooker considered bakin'?), smashed N.O.T., peas 'n carrots, and rolls. I foresee some quality cee-mint pond time today.

{{{Sunny}}} glad you got checked out. Hope things go well with MIL.

Bats cool about the air time! Congrats!

Metal Mouse no worries. The cremains are in a clear bag, whereas the trash is in black bags.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 09-12-2019, 05:41 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Say goodnight FCM. (only old folks like FCM and I will get the reference).
You reminded me of friends of ours in FL who had a couple of dogs named George and Gracie!

Roxy and I were a little late leaving this morning, and things compounded. I got stuck behind slooooooooooow drivers much of the way, and after I dropped her off, the way out of the subdivision was blocked by a school bus picking up a kid in a wheelchair. I'm not certain they had to block the intersection to do that... anyway, further delay.

But I had a good sleep, despite 3 wakes to pee - could I have grown a prostate???

Another hot one in store - will this summer never end? Happy Thursday anyway.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:50 AM

It's gonna be a loooonnnng day.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:52 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Double shift today.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:40 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Baby Engineers intends to invent a device similar to the glucose pump worn by diabetics, except his would mainline caffeine. He's sure there's a market for it!
Old 09-12-2019, 06:50 AM

Cinnamon bun weather again, but it’s supposed to cool down later. I can’t decide if I want to irk from home today.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:23 AM

Morning all. Same prediction today as the last 2 days, stray thunder-boomers in the PM, hopefully they will avoid us and I can get my soccer practices in. Need to take out the recycleables (it's cut my trash collections way down) and do some general cleaning and pickup about the house.

All y'all take care.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Baby Engineers intends to invent a device similar to the glucose pump worn by diabetics, except his would mainline caffeine. He's sure there's a market for it!
Yes please. Add a means to include ibuprofen and I'll be his number one fan.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Point me at his kickstarter page - I'm in.

It's oh-dark-thirty, so it must be car pool time. 'Beamette spoke coherently when spoken to, and her light is on. I've it a 15% chance she'll be out here on her own, without the big boots of the law me having to pay her another visit.

Oooh - I hear a door opening!
Old 09-12-2019, 09:13 AM

blurf I overslept an hour. guess i needed it blurf
Old 09-12-2019, 09:16 AM

It's Thursday already, mumpers. How did that happen? All I got is *blurf*
Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 AM

Good morning.

FCM, you mean 'insulin' pump.

Not a lot happening, today. I got groceries, and stuck some ham hocks in the Instant Pot. I'll let 'em cool, then pick the meat off of 'em, which will be added to the Soup Beans, for this weekend.
I just switched out my CGM, and I'm seriously considering doing some hovelwork. 'Considering' is the key word, here. Bah.

Have a good Thursday.

Last edited by nonacetone; 09-12-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:25 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scareyfaerie View Post
It's Thursday already, mumpers. How did that happen? All I got is *blurf*
Time marches on in it's petty pace, from day to day, lighting fools the way to dusty death.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Time marches on in it's petty pace, from day to day, lighting fools the way to dusty death.
Isn't that spotlight on you rather blinding?

Got an email from the liberary - "To renew your account or update contact information, bring your library card to one of the 18 public libraries in _____ County, with valid ID (i.e., driver's license) verifying your current address. Photo ID is preferred but not required, as long as the document has address information."

Here's the thing, I have never lived in that county. I used to work in that county & got that card when they came to our orifice & set up a signup table in the lobby. That job was a couple of years ago & I don't have much reason to be in that county anymore so I'm not going to bother with it but I both wonder how I was not only allowed to signup for something that I no longer qualify for but was actively encouraged to do such (they came to us) & why they'd want to cull their membership lists. Given it's a county library I'm guessing they get county funds but isn't that somewhere that they should encourage membership? It's not like server space for a larger database is going to cost them much nor will people who don't use their services.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:34 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonacetone View Post
Good morning.

FCM, you mean 'insulin' pump.
What's the difference??

Hey, it was early and I was still caffeinating.

And now, lunch is over and I gotta get back at it. C'mon Dec 13!!!
Old 09-12-2019, 10:49 AM

Happy Thorsday!

It's hot outside.

I have much to do today.

MetalMouse we have had several of the talks

This talk is about getting his homework done before I go to irk in the evening, because when I get off irk I am heading straight up to bed and I am not going to do any proofreading on the way.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:49 AM

Another morning has been wasted. Did get the recyclables out to the can, but that's been the sum of my activities. Just looked and it's 88F now at 10:45am. Best reason I can think of to stay inside.

All you working folks take care.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:25 PM

Can us non-working folks take care too? I've got a long drive tomorrow. *does the happy dance, now that there are no ex-clients to see it*
Old 09-12-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
But I had a good sleep, despite 3 wakes to pee - could I have grown a prostate???
Good lawd, you don't wanna do that! Sometimes those things keep on growin'!

Hope your head is better Sunny

And hope Hubs and DH are doing better.

Nava, hope your new clients are better than your old clients.

I've been kinda busy fixing the things that the roofers broke or poked holes in. Looks like we'll be needing to get new gutters put on now.

Bad night last night. I assploded at about 3:30, and again at 5:30. I felt kinda empty when I finally drug outta bed, so I just ate some leftover jambalaya and lime aid. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Happy blurfday!
Old 09-12-2019, 01:26 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
I'm so glad I finished school before those books came out.
You too, huh?

He was actually one of the good ones. Several others wanted him to nail my hide to the wall for it but he understood the joke and the moment and played along. It actually became a sort of inside joke around us with him assuming Waldo-like poses at random now and then.

And I'm almost sorry its Friday; my Friday at least. This 4 day schedule will take some adapting. I did work hard, broke several good sweats, and had much fun. Now if I can just get Hells Relations to tell someone where I'm actually working ------------
Old 09-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Isn't that spotlight on you rather blinding?

If the light is on me, it is obviously for your use.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:22 PM

afternoon blurfage I went grocery shopping for spaghetti making stuff and wound up spending a hundred dollars. Anyway, that is what's for supper.

Slow season is well and truly upon us. Such long and boring days. One clerk left right around two and had not had a single sale today.

I have to irk on Sat for a half day so I have requested to be off on Moanday so I can get my two in a row off. Also next Firday I want to be off for my BD. We shall see if the Acting Director will approve it since I don't have a boss right now. My old boss leaves tomorrow for Guam.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Congrats Bats! Willing to share a link?
I don't have a link to a recording quality version of anything off the EP, but at the risk of making an ass of myself, here's me driving around with Bob listening to the song, and then me hearing the name check just as I was pulling into my garage. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how much it annoys you) only a minute of the song got uploaded so you'll miss out on Quills's killer outro solo. Just imagine Mark Knopfler and Eric Clapton had a baby and taught Quills how to wail.

I'm On The Radio
I'm Famous, Bob

F-bomb warning ... I F-bomb a lot, so don't play this really loud at work, unless you work down at the docks or something.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:41 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Home. Roxy and I braved WalMart, and I got the stuff I needed plus a few more things. I also got 8 small mums that will go in the 4 planters in front of the house. Tomorrow.

Supper will be grab whatever.

I don't have to work this weekend.

That is all.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:23 PM

Took a nap and feel much better.
Naps are becoming a habit again, that is what happens when late night callers are drunk/high and want to talk for an hour. Or can't remember/understand what they were told and need it repeated... several times.

Having a problem with AT&T again Every time I call I get someone for whom English is not their first language and can't handle it when I go off script. Every time I try to fix it online I get either stuck and told to log out and log back in, or I get into a loop, or I get some asshole who tells me to delete my cookies and start over - which has never helped. Funny how the website irks perfectly if I want to buy a new phone. Last time I got some woman who asked permission to take control of my account, got to the point where I get stuck, and she got stuck. She said there is something wrong with the system. No shit! Today I got someone who couldn't hear me and said my phone was fading in and out. How convenient for her.
Every time I use the website I get asked for feedback. I am up to expletives for every third word and typing in ALL CAPS, and still no results.
I hate to change to a new carrier, I have been with AT&T for a long time, but I have had enough. All I want to do is block third party charges, that is an option, but it won't let me get there.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:55 PM

Moooooooom, I would volunteer to test market the caffeine pump.

Irked, came home. My new supervisor starts Monday. I wonder if she knows what she's in for.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:27 PM
born to be shunned

Dinner was rice under BBQ pork stuff; easy and over and done. Now its time to get ready for Monday Night Football the sorta-Thursday Night Edition.

Which is to say it is Thursday but all other comparisons are only in my brain.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:19 PM

Sketties was good, fetch is fun and I am gonna attempt sleep. My brain hates me and won’t let me get to sleep until the wee hours. I shall try though.

Sari the AT&T phone system sucks. Never again for me. I never did get my problem handled.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 09-12-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Charter Member

Thick pork chops, potatoes and canned (yuck) green beans for dinner.

Watership Down spoiler: Hazel dies in old age, dammit!
Old 09-12-2019, 09:46 PM

Evening all. Got two soccer practices in (10U 5-6:30 and 12U 6:30-8pm) despite the High School closing the main road here due to Homecoming (or something) parade. Came home and made Cheeseburgers (asked my 12U team should I make Cheeseburgers or BLT's and the vote came down for Chee-burgers). Watching some tackleball and sending out a couple of e-mails to absent players.

Outside of that, internettin' until bedtime arrives.

Moooooooommmmm gots Muuuuuuuuuuuuummmmms.

That is all.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Charter Member

Worked a doublr. I'm so shorthanded right now, Friday just became Third Monday
Quote:
Quote:
What's the difference??

Hey, it was early and I was still caffeinating.
Hopefully the Soviets are stealing your pre caffeine designs.

red. I'll stick with the actual coffee. I like the ritual(The Catholic in me loves rituals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
I don't have a link to a recording quality version of anything off the EP, but at the risk of making an ass of myself, here's me driving around with Bob listening to the song, and then me hearing the name check just as I was pulling into my garage. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how much it annoys you) only a minute of the song got uploaded so you'll miss out on Quills's killer outro solo. Just imagine Mark Knopfler and Eric Clapton had a baby and taught Quills how to wail.

I'm On The Radio
I'm Famous, Bob

F-bomb warning ... I F-bomb a lot, so don't play this really loud at work, unless you work down at the docks or something.
No, that's fucking cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Took a nap and feel much better.
Naps are becoming a habit again, that is what happens when late night callers are drunk/high and want to talk for an hour. Or can't remember/understand what they were told and need it repeated... several times.

Having a problem with AT&T again Every time I call I get someone for whom English is not their first language and can't handle it when I go off script. Every time I try to fix it online I get either stuck and told to log out and log back in, or I get into a loop, or I get some asshole who tells me to delete my cookies and start over - which has never helped. Funny how the website irks perfectly if I want to buy a new phone. Last time I got some woman who asked permission to take control of my account, got to the point where I get stuck, and she got stuck. She said there is something wrong with the system. No shit! Today I got someone who couldn't hear me and said my phone was fading in and out. How convenient for her.
Every time I use the website I get asked for feedback. I am up to expletives for every third word and typing in ALL CAPS, and still no results.
I hate to change to a new carrier, I have been with AT&T for a long time, but I have had enough. All I want to do is block third party charges, that is an option, but it won't let me get there.
I switched to Sprint from AT&T. Plus: I having working voicemail now. Minus: less signal. And one hell of a change(pro tip: download the file transfer software to your old phone before you switch).
Old 09-13-2019, 05:12 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis <snerk> 69! <snerk> Amurrkin out and clear (dark, but the moon is all bright and shiny) with a predicted high of 95 and partly cloudy (mostly N.O.S.?) for the day. I shall take care of some church janitor Junior Warden duties over to the church house this mornin' and then who knows what. Mayhaps some quality cee-mint pond time since it is still Summer in these parts. Sup shall be majik intartoobz pizza. Sallit will make it a healthy meal.

I read, but retained little, so yays, boos, hugs, trouts, chitlins, and how you doin's all around, as needed.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants sustenance. Then, bother, alas, and alack, I shall purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire.

Happy FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH Y'all!
Old 09-13-2019, 05:26 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Up early on my day off, naturally, but since I slept pretty well last night, it's OK. FCD and I will go out for breakfast this morning because we can. SIL has work this afternoon, so I'll have Roxy duty. Not sure what I'll do with her.

The only thing I know for sure is I need to plant the mums. And not walk under any ladders.

Happy Firday!!
Old 09-13-2019, 05:47 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated ,and sheveled. Off to work.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:01 AM

Had a bit of slumber (more last night than the previous two, combined) so I feel a bit more human now; still a bit groggy, though.

Sari, AT&T sucketh so bad they actually paid for my new phone...at Verizon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Happy FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH Y'all!
The nice thing about today's FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH is that the Werewolf gets to partake in it since it's also a full moon. Don't forget to take your dinosaurs to dinner!
Old 09-13-2019, 08:13 AM

So not relishing the prospect of Hades Annex today. Friday the 13th plus full moon? Eek.

I have got to start getting more sleep.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:46 AM

Morning all. Stayed in bed until 7:45am and need to break fast here shortly. Girl's soccer practice tonight then coach three games and referee one tomorrow. 96F is the high predicted for today and only getting to 91F tomorrow. Sunday will certainly be a day of rest.

All y'all have a safe Friday the Thirteenth

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 09-13-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:03 AM

Blurfage Tis Firday finally but I have to irk tomorrow so dammit. It's just a half day but with my commute it just ruins the whole day. I have a clerk here tomorrow but she has never irked alone so I told her I'm gonna stay in my office and she is on her own but I will be here is she needs help. It is the slow time of the year and there is no reason she can't handle it.

If it is approved I shall be off on Moanday in order to get my two in a row.

Old boss stopped in to say goodbye. I am gonna miss him a little. Always an unknown when I get a new boss.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:21 AM
born to be shunned

Enjoying my day off and this weekend we're doing the last antique show of our season. And I get to attend a motorcycle club meeting. I won't be going on a bike for reasons given earlier in this thread but at least I can go.

Also playing around a head cold --------- I'm going Mucinex all over it.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:38 AM

Thunderboomers, big thunderboomers, woke me up at 2:30. Yesterday afternoon there was a tornado warning. At least the weather has stopped being cinnamon buns for today. I ain't scared of Firday the 13th. I own a black kitteh and a red mare. Chestnut mare, beware!
Old 09-13-2019, 11:26 AM

Happy Firday the 13th

It's cold and wet outside. We didn't stay as long at the park as usual.
I can always tell when Ripple is ready to leave, it is the only time he jumps on me.

I think my at&t problem is resolved. We'll see. I got somebody on chat yesterday, and it seems she had no problems blocking 3rd party purchases and is supposed to have deleted the charges. I haven't gotten any confirmations yet.
I don't like verizon, and I had a huge blowout with sprint years ago. I've never had verizon but a person I know who has isn't too happy about them, but she has to have verizon for her job. I had a big blow up with sprint several years ago. I didn't have one of their phones but OAOASO had to have sprint for his job. Since he has suckass credit I got a phone for him. Somebody bought a phone on the account, an obvious forgery because the signature was not mine, as well as the person should have had to show ID since they bought it in a store. Sprint refused to take the charge off my bill so I told them to go fuck themselves and closed the account. I think one of their employees was behind the fraud.
Up until now, I have been happy with at&t. I don't know what their problem is.

Lots to do around the house today, and over the weekend.
I have a horrible headache, and it is not like me to get headaches.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:36 PM

Watched part of the Dem debate last night but got bored with the same old same old and wandered off. I swear the DNC has their hands up all their asses making their lips move. If I wasn't so thoroughly disgusted with the rampant corruption of the republican party I'd just quit voting in national elections altogether.

Anyway, happy Friday the Thirteenth.

Saw the full moon last night before the clouds rolled in. A werewolf would have a hard time of it here in Orygun in the winter.

Wifey is off for the weekend with some of her painterly pals for another class, so I'm without adult supervision again. Gonna make sketti n meatballs tonight. Gotta use up some of this homemade marinara sauce that's taken over our freezer somehow.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:18 PM

It's amazing what a nap can do for one's disposition.

I do wish the neighbors would stop fighting. I'm not sure which ones are fighting, but they were loud enough to wake me up.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

Trader Joe's turkey meatloaf is probably ready to take out of the oven. I've had a vodka with unsweetened cranberry-lime seltzer, and now I'm starting a bloody Mary style of thing (vodka, V8 juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, celery seeds).
Old 09-13-2019, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

I let the dogs out this morning before I left for work.
The Pomeranian brought in a desiccated rodent. I could not tell if it was a rat or a squirrel. I lost a good towel today, a hand towel demoted by Mrs. Plant (v.3.0) to "Fish Room".

dammit.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:56 PM

Evening all. Soccer has been practiced, but teaching and running drills for 12 9-11 year old girls is...wearing.

If things don't change, I may be refereeing 2 games, coaching 3 (and maybe refereeing 1-2 of them) and all in 90F heat. Hope I survive.

Heading off to bed and hoping I get a good night's sleep--I'll be needing it...
Old 09-13-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Evening all. Got two soccer practices in (10U 5-6:30 and 12U 6:30-8pm) despite the High School closing the main road here due to Homecoming (or something) parade. Came home and made Cheeseburgers (asked my 12U team should I make Cheeseburgers or BLT's and the vote came down for Chee-burgers). Watching some tackleball and sending out a couple of e-mails to absent players.

Outside of that, internettin' until bedtime arrives.

Moooooooommmmm gots Muuuuuuuuuuuuummmmms.

That is all.
You could have split the difference and had a bacon cheeseburger.

Irked, came home, took Nelson to the dog park for his Friday evening playdate with Watson, the dachshund. Later, a couple who used to bring their dogs to the small dog side when they were puppies, brought them over to the small dog side to visit their playmates (their dogs are a Rottweiler and a labradoodle, so not too little any more). All of the dogs had a good romp and now Nelson is snoozing in my arms.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home. Tomorrow is my day off. But I'm gonna have to work, so I have to miss a sober remembrancepig pickin'/Irish Wake for a friend's Mom. With hot witches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
The nice thing about today's FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH is that the Werewolf gets to partake in it since it's also a full moon. Don't forget to take your dinosaurs to dinner!
Where wolf?
Old 09-14-2019, 03:28 AM
born to be shunned

Since the 13th is over for my timezone I'll just say I HATE FOOT CRAMPS!!!!!!!

Especially when they don't set me for top of the page.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:41 AM

Happy Saturday!

Up early, too early to go to the park.
It opens at 6 but I prefer not to go while it is still dark.

It's a cool 64 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 81.
I should have the windows open, I'll do that when I get back.

Nothing special on the agenda today except irk and house irk.