Old 09-17-2019, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. Going to watch hockey practice in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
Last Friday, I juggled flaming torches.
Best username/post combo of the threaqd.

Flyboy, Alex Catt came pre-named, but the last two cats I named were Lucretia D. HellCatt and Thrakazog.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:20 AM

Happy Toosday!

It's a chilly morning.
Home from the park. Usually Ripple is ready to leave before I am, but today he wanted to stay and play.
However, I scheduled myself to irk more hours during the week since I am planning on not irking over the weekend.
We have to go get groceries today.

Other than that SSDD
Old 09-17-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
You are a good person. So why are you associating with us???
Hey now, we have our faults but we are lovely animal people. Look at Nut knitting bee sweaters.

Yesterday it rained! I enjoyed the very brief appearance of free water, and the cooler temps and wind for the rest of the day. Today it will be 83F and N.O.S. After that we're supposed to go back to low 90s during the days, and 60ish at night for the foreseeable future. *sigh*

For some reason I stayed up until 4:00. My brain was just running in circles. Hopefully I'll get more unpacking done today. Being productive usually makes me feel less stressed.

Happy Toesday everyone!
Old 09-17-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Forget it Mooooomm; it's Philly.
Hey, hey, it's Philly, not Chinatown (Though Philly does have a Chinatown)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Hey now, we have our faults but we are lovely animal people. Look at Nut's knitting bee sweaters.
I'll raise you 347 Nut knitting bee sweaters & counter with one...FlyTrap.

::watches Sunny fold::
Old 09-17-2019, 11:34 AM

Yay for saving the kitten.

I got a new phone after my old one got washed in the washing machine. All my contacts and pictures came back. I could have just cried. I was sure I had lost everything. Yay Apple and Icloud.

back to irk.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:37 AM

Note to self: ensure beekeeping suit is fully closed up before opening hive. Ow. Luckily it was only one, and it decided to get me above the hairline, rather than somewhere serious (eye, up nose, in ear).

On the other hand, I did get some more honey out- this stuff's suitable for cutting into chunks of comb, which I've not tried before (I normally set them up with 'wired' frames, which, as the name suggests, are reinforced with wire). They've got plenty and leaving it would have meant leaving an extra mostly empty box, which they'd then have to keep warm all winter, so it's not being mean. Despite the views of certain bees.

Anyway, I should make dinner quick 'cos it's beekeeping group tonight. I'd forgotten that was starting up again this week!
Old 09-17-2019, 03:22 PM

It was made clear in the light of the next day the wound on the kitten's neck was worse than I thought. My folks sent it of to a rehabilitation sort of center to be nursed back to health, if such a thing is possible (it seems fine otherwise). It is friendly by cat standards, and it took little effort to coax it into approaching me, so it'll make a good companion whoever it ends up with.

It won't likely end up with my folks, as my mother is reluctant to take on more than a single cat, and the established one was hissing and moaning at it throigh the glass door partition. (She did take a pic of it before it was turned in; I'm trying to get her to email it to me)

I don't even know if the apartment I've signed up for even accepts pets. And I don't even know if I can justify whatever bills the poor thing incurred, though I'll try.

I just hope it pulls through and lives a long happy life wherever it ends ups.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:18 PM

After some very poor sleep, I decided today is "take care of the caretaker" day and called out. More sleep helps a lot.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

This morning before I left on the ol' 115-mile commute, I cut an acorn squash in half and wrapped it in cling film. Mrs. L.A. asked me to last night, so she can bake it for dinner tonight.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:10 PM

If being bitchy was an Olympic sport, I'd be bringing home the gold medal today.
Everything and everybody is plucking my nerves.

I need to find out how to block text messages on my phone.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
If being bitchy was an Olympic sport, I'd be bringing home the gold medal today.
Everything and everybody is plucking my nerves.
Are you dressed appropriately?

Quote:
I need to find out how to block text messages on my phone.
AT&T does (or at least did) have a website you could go to to enter the number/email address, one at a time, up to 250 in total.

Every phone has an email address, it's <phone #> @ <provider>; emails to that address come in as texts. Some spammer got a hold of my email address & was spamming away; more than one per hour, but each one was from a different address. Their 'solution' wouldn't have lasted a week in my case. Then they wanted to give me a different phone #. I pushed back because 1) there was nothing wrong with my phone # & I didn't want to go thru the hassle of telling everyone I knew to update it. & 2)They didn't give me a warm & fuzzy that the same situation wouldn't happen again with the new phone #. I explained to them that if, instead of changing the part before the '@' sign if I changed the part after the '@' sign I would have a different phone email address. They said 'go'. I stated I needed to buy new equipment because of their incompetence. Long story short - they paid for my new phone, & (car) chargers...at Verizon!
Old 09-17-2019, 06:06 PM
born to be shunned

From last week ------- kinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
Hey, slowpoke, this week's thread is over here ---> Current MMP
Have I mentioned that I'm not totally adjust to my new schedule? Yeah -- its not being a dumb shit -- it's the new schedule.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:09 PM

Blurf!

I woke up about 2:30 am with a head full of crap and nauseous. Not going TMI level here, but I laid out of irk, slept a lot, drank some ginger tea and watched trash TV today. I'm feeling somewhat better and will attempt to hie my ass to the plant tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:11 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
NOW... I find the MMP

After I already created one.

I guess somebody can merge them.
It's you new work schedule; trust me on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_comp_geek View Post
Moderator Note

I guess that somebody is me.

Two MMPs merged, for the usual reason. Posts are ordered by time posted, not by their original threads, so expect the usual confusion.

I capitalized MMP, just to make sure we don't end up with a 3rd MMP.

Which makes me wonder; has there ever been a third MMP? Or more?
Old 09-17-2019, 06:17 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post

Mine is only 3 pills. But I know people who carry an entire pharmacy.
My daily is 5. But my "as needed" is 10 and includes stuff like the Nitro-Quik that I am not going to stray too far from so packing for trips ..............

OK - I'm caught up. I think.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:29 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
From last week ------- kinda

Have I mentioned that I'm not totally adjust to my new schedule? Yeah -- its not being a dumb shit -- it's the new schedule.
Strike now Kopec, while there is still time!
Old 09-17-2019, 06:31 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
which makes me wonder; has there ever been a third mmp? Or more?
there is another system.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:50 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

It occurred to me this evening that instead of ruble, kopek's nickname should be Tarzan, since he's King of Da Jungle!

Just got Roxy down for the night. She was plumb tuckered out! Her parents should get home soon, then I'll mosey back to bed. Haven't heard from FCD today - I think he's on The List!!! Guess I'll call him.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:53 PM

Well that was exceedingly stupid, even for me. I was making some sugar water for the hummer feeder, and, as the innerwebz said I should, I put it on the stove to boil, and walked away and forgot it.

The house filled up with smoke and the smoke alarm went off. I finally had to pull it down and rip out its battery 'cause it kept resetting itself. I have all the windows open I can open (it's raining) and a bunch of fans going. The little pan is probably a deader.

I hate it when I do stupid stuff.

Hope y'all have a better day.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:59 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Bumba - I did something similar with a pan of eggs, except I didn't just walk away - I went grocery shopping. Thankfully, there was enough water and I was back quickly enough that it didn't start a fire, but it took a lot of scrubbing to de-black that saucepan. And I was still in my 50s at the time, with a still-functioning brain!!!
Old 09-17-2019, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I laundered, dealt with counter guys, made sup and et sup. That was my day. Oh and I talked with the floor folks today. I discussed the idea of them startin' next Moanday instead of this Thursday and they were good with that so they will be hear Moanday. Meanwhile, the new kitchen counters should be ready sometime next week as well. We shall see. Thus will end da cave remodel. I think.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:38 PM

Sari, since new pupper will need a tag, consider the jingle-free variety.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:16 PM

Moooooom, mine was eggs too. Only I went over to wrap Christmas presents for a neighbor who had broken her arm. And I was only thirty.

bumba, I hope that wasn't one of your favorite pans.

Spidey, there is a reason that jingly tags are the norm: we owners always know where the small dogs are that way.

I'm feeling considerably better. Whatever it was is going away, and there's just some head congestion now.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:16 PM

Glad I don't cook much or I'd have burned my house down by now...

Soccer with the girls has been practiced, they did ok, but had to sit several of them down for not paying attention. I'm not a disciplinarian by nature, but 10 year olds, when they are not charming, can be a real pain in the....

Need to do a little mid-month shopping tomorrow, need sugar and salad mix along with a few other things. Trying not to use my credit cards since the bills come around the 20th so I'd like to avoid adding any new charges to them (just one of my idiosyncrasies...).

Mowage will be Thursday...or Friday.

All y'all take care.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:51 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 75 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 96 and N.O.S. for the day. Summer does not want to leave. Today I shall lay in provisions. I have visions of shrimpies 'n grits for sup along with some type of vegetative matter TBD. I hope to be inspired whilst in the Pubic Sto'. Also, I shall head over to the church house to do some church janitor Junior Warden chores.

{{{red}}} glad you're feelin' better.

MetalMouse I too shall accomplish mowage either tomorrow or Firday.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, bother, alas, and alack, I must purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire.

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 09-18-2019, 05:03 AM

Mornin' all.

Day off today, done washing, now trying to decide what to do with the rest of the day. It's too nice a day to waste inside, I might go down the coast for walkies.

I'm reacting way more to that bee sting I got yesterday than normal; I have acquired a bulging forehead, and though it doesn't hurt at all, it feels like I'm in the early stages of turning into a rhino. If I poke it, I can make a dent which stays for several minutes. Kinda cool.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:35 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

HOCKEY GAME AFTER WORK!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
Mornin' all.

Day off today, done washing, now trying to decide what to do with the rest of the day. It's too nice a day to waste inside, I might go down the coast for walkies.

I'm reacting way more to that bee sting I got yesterday than normal; I have acquired a bulging forehead, and though it doesn't hurt at all, it feels like I'm in the early stages of turning into a rhino. If I poke it, I can make a dent which stays for several minutes. Kinda cool.
[Mom]stop pucking at it[/Mom]

Feel better, red
Old 09-18-2019, 05:38 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Slept like the dead last night - guess I really was tahred! FCD said his instructor needs to leave around 3:30 today. So with luck, my sweetie will be home before 8, tho I'm not holding my breath.

Lots of slow folks on the road today, all in front of me!!! I was behind one driver who apparently was afraid to do the speed limit, and naturally, there was no way to pass. But I'm here more or less intact. Much to do for Josh that has to be done by tomorrow - it'll be a busy day.

Happy Wednesday!!
Old 09-18-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
Spidey, there is a reason that jingly tags are the norm: we owners always know where the small dogs are that way.
Whether you get that tag or not, it's a funny commercial.

Nut, you sound like a bagelhead. Yes, it's a real thing. No, I don't know why.

Swampy, you're dinner visions are just plain wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
HOCKEY GAME AFTER WORK!!!!

[Mom]stop pucking at it[/Mom]
You've got too much hockey on the brain.

Mooommm, methinks you should drive an Astin-Martin to work, specifically, this one. One just sold last month.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:34 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Spidey - I need a flying car so I can just zip over the morons on the road.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:19 AM

Morning all. Morning paper has been collected and shopping list prepared, so will try to get out and do what is needed this morning.

Spidey, taking two burgers out of the freezer now to celebrate National Cheeseburger Day this evening. Thanks for the heads-up. And saying doggio has hockey on the brain allows that he has a brain...

FCM, yeah, weren't we supposed to have flying cars by now?

Nut, hope you feel better, but if a stinger starts growing out of your tailbone...

Swampy, high is predicted at 94F today; I am really wondering when it is going to start to be OBJ (Old Beatup Jacket) weather again.

All y'all take care now.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:20 AM

blurfage Slowpokes in front of me this morning too. Also maid day so i had to prepare for that. For the record getting old sucks. Now it is my shoulder on the left. I had rotator cuff surgery on the right one many years ago but this feels just like that one did back then. I suppose I need to make an appointment to get it checked.

Blurf
Old 09-18-2019, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I have laid in provisions, taken care of church janitor Junior Warden duties includin' haulin' the biiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can (just one this week!) all the way down to where it goes for pickup tomorrow, and moved some stuff around in the garage. I have help comin' this Sattidy to move some heavier stuff around. It's amazin' what kind of help one can get with the offer of beer, burgers (we'll celebrate then Spidey) and cee-mint pond time. I'm especially glad that some of that help will be young muscle. Well, couple guys in their 30s which I count as young. I got some nice lookin' fresh spareguts that will serve as the vegetative matter for tonight's sup.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:59 AM

Mid-month shopping is completed, also went to a couple of sports stores and bought some new pinneys for practice (I had a whole bag of them, but left it at the soccer field and it had disappeared by the time I went back). The burgers have defrosted nicely, so in about an hour I'll get the cheese and fixin's out and celebrate.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:15 AM

Happy Hump Day!

It is a beautiful cool day, windows open, gently breeze blowing.

Got the brat off to daycare, saw the doctor, and now home. My son wants to go to the Mexican restaurant today. Then I have house irk to do, and then irk irk to do.

Cute commercial Spidey, except for the part about getting a drink, I have a weak stomach for that kind of stuff. Ripple only jingles when we are out. It does no good to put a collar on a shar pei, their necks are too thick, so he wears a harness when we go out. Even without an ID tag, he still has his rabies tag, his license tag, and his akc tag to jingle.

I'm a little less bitchy today than I was yesterday.
Just a little.
No I wasn't wearing the t-shirt you linked to Spidey, but I should have been.

Personally, for slow poke drivers in front of me, I'd rather have a tank. But a cow catcher could work too.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:16 PM

We lost power sometime during the night so I’m posting from my phone. Not gonna spend a lot of time on this though, mercifully. Just wanted to see if it was doable.
All y’’all take care.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:13 PM

Home from lunch at the Mexican restaurant.
'It was good, but I am stuffed, and I think the bill was wrong, or maybe they discounted the desserts because both should have come with fried ice cream and they didn't. Maybe they were out of ice cream. Our server barely spoke English and I barely speak Spanish, so we pointed at the menu for our orders.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:43 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

We did Salsa's for supper because I didn't feel like cooking. FCD called just south of Philly - apparently the traffic there is maximum suckage. Hoping he gets home before I crash.

SIL got called back after his interview at TarJay - they want to talk to him again tomorrow. We shall see...

Meanwhile, I think I'll assume the knit position for a while.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:59 PM

Talk about suck ass drivers.

Just going to pick up Ripple, asshole runs a red light, gets in front of me, and then drives 20 mph.

Then a grown man, on a bicycle, comes whizzing around the corner and is coming head on at me in the middle of my lane. Traffic is heavy and I have no where to go, so I am slamming on my brakes when he finally finds a low spot in the curb and goes up onto the sidewalk. Otherwise I think the idiot would have run head on into me.

Then I got behind somebody from WV, who was driving so slowly that one of the people behind me passed everybody on the right to get in front of him/her.

And I don't know what it is lately with people who don't pull all the way into parking spaces. It's bad enough their ass end is hanging out into the lane, but when they park next to me in a tight parking lot, it makes it damn hard to get out.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:05 PM

Maybe you're a unicorn now nut.

Irked today. Still felt a bit puny, but survived. I hope the new boss stays as level headed as she seems to be. Tomorrow, she will shadow me part of the day. Yippee.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:13 PM

Made it through the truancy meeting. In the end, the truancy people said that they would not be accepting any further referrals from the school about 'Beamette. The school was also reminded about their obligations to provide an education.

That's about it. A lot of worry on my part, but it's done now.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
We did Salsa's for supper because I didn't feel like cooking. FCD called just south of Philly - apparently the traffic there is maximum suckage. Hoping he gets home before I crash.

SIL got called back after his interview at TarJay - they want to talk to him again tomorrow. We shall see...

Meanwhile, I think I'll assume the knit position for a while.
Better you should crash than him.

Good luck to SIL. We had a friend who worked at Tar-Jay for awhile. He told stories of ineptitude, but I think it prolly varies from store to store.

Power's back on. Yay! It was a good excuse for us to go have lunch at the local(est)* bakery though. I had mulligatawny soup. Yum!
I also bought a loaf of their rye bread** to go with the good corned beef I bought yesterday. Reuben sammies tonight.

*We have two local bakeries, both good, but the one we went to is 2 blocks away.
The other one is a whole 6 or 7 blocks away.

**(Even though it doesn't have caraway seeds.)
Old 09-18-2019, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Sup got supped and 'twas nummy. I lurves me some shrimpies 'n grits! Chillage has since ensued. Actually, OYKW has crashed for the night. He was tahrd, poor thing!

MOOOOOOM here's hopin' FCD makes it back at a reasonable hour and appropriate/inappropriate appendages crossed for SIL re the Tarjay gig.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:56 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
It occurred to me this evening that instead of ruble, kopek's nickname should be Tarzan, since he's King of Da Jungle!
Nah -- that's JB. Not to be confused with JC. But while Jesus would never think himself Jeff it is possible Jeff ...........

Still some ongoing HR issues. What is fun is knowing its all going to be fixed in time but seeing our site lead, who can move mountains and perform miracles, shake his head saying "How can it be this difficult?" Forget the smilies -- that one had me ROFLMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
Well that was exceedingly stupid, even for me. I was making some sugar water for the hummer feeder, and, as the innerwebz said I should, I put it on the stove to boil, and walked away and forgot it.

The house filled up with smoke and the smoke alarm went off. I finally had to pull it down and rip out its battery 'cause it kept resetting itself. I have all the windows open I can open (it's raining) and a bunch of fans going. The little pan is probably a deader.

I hate it when I do stupid stuff.

Hope y'all have a better day.
Remember these important words -------- it sounded like a good idea at the time.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:26 PM

Evening all, soccer has been practiced and BLT consumed for dinner, so all is right with the world. Had to yell at a kid today, he simply would not stop taking other kids soccer balls (we'd klck a ball to a certain kid and he'd run over and intercept it every. single. time.) so I bawled him out. Told his dad about it and he in effect said 'the kids used to being yelled at' so he wasn't disturbed, but I still didn't like doing it.

ruble, in Bumba's case, I alway prefer the old "What could possibly go wrong?"

Sunny, yeah things working out for Beamette.

Mooooomm, hope FCD gets back sometime...

Sari, suckass drivers are as common as the flu virus and much less pleasant. My condolences.

All y'all have a good night. Garbage and recycleables go out tomorrow morning.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
You've got too much hockey on the brain.
I'll skate past his. I was just board after a long summer, but I had to stick to my sport. A few Freudian slips are just icing on the cake.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:46 AM
Charter Member

Thank goodness I don't have to work on Saturday. It would have screwed up my days off. The event we were to cater was canceled. I'll still have almost forty hours, so I'm okay. My feet have been killing me lately.

The oldest relative I have has died. He was ninety-five, a cousin of my mother's. Not close, but well known to me as I saw him every year at family reunions. He wasn't able to be at the latest, two weeks ago, but I saw him about two months back. My mom is one of the oldest cousins left now, about number three I think.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:44 AM
Charter Member

Up ,caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

AVAST YE SCURVY DOGS, IT BE ITENATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY

Arrrr! tis a good day for rum and wenches!
Old 09-19-2019, 05:44 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

FCD got home just before 9 - he'd left Newtown at 3:30 - Philly area traffic sucketh mightily!! But it was a good trip. Not only did he get the training he wanted, but he'd taken his computer, and their computer guys went over it and installed a bunch of updates and drivers he needed.

And now I must brag on my RoxStar. She speaks fluent sheep! Daughter and SIL took her after supper to the fairgrounds - daughter is entering a couple of photos - and they walked around a little. The fair actually opens today, but things were being set up. They took Roxy to see the sheep pens, and as the critters bleated, Roxy bleated back! Daughter put a video on her FB - cracked me up!!!

Came in to a pile of work on my desk, so yay! But I shouldn't have to work this weekend, so double yay! Now I've just got to make it till 3:00.

Happy Thursday!
Old 09-19-2019, 06:35 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Ye Scurvy Dogs! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 72 Amurrkin out and partly cloudy (whatever that means) with a predicted high of *ONLY* 86 (BRRR!) and mostly N.O.S. for the day. This mornin' I shall head over to the church house because I shall meet with a co-parishoner to re-arrange space in what we call The Little Chapel of The Resurrection (a small room off the Narthex in the church proper where resides the original St. Pat's Altar) to accommodate a meetin' of The Episcopal Church Women Diocesan Council on Sattidy. They must meet there cause the Girl Scouts have the Parish Hall on Sattidy for their meetin'. I do not want to do this, but do it I shall cause I'm supposed to, I think, and I'm nice dammit! Sup shall be majik intartoobz pizza, just cause.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas, alack, bother of all bothers, I must purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire. This will make the second day in a row. Woe!

Happy Thursday Y'all!