Old 09-10-2019, 07:51 AM

Well, poop. It's working from Reddit, and worked here on preview. Lemme see if I can get tech support from one of the big kids between classes...
Old 09-10-2019, 07:54 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
FCM, I thought engineers were barley able to speak, much less to each other...
Oh, engineers speak, tho it's not always comprehensible. When I was working in Jax, the predominant language was Monty Python with a smattering of Dr. Demento...
Old 09-10-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacunae Matata View Post
Well, poop. It's working from Reddit, and worked here on preview. Lemme see if I can get tech support from one of the big kids between classes...
You just accidentally added the 'cookie monster' bit to the front of the link. this worked for me.

Am testing the new slow cooker with some dal. Not quite willing to leave it to it unattended for 6 hours on the first use though, so I'm hanging around today. Smells promising and it's still only halfway through.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
Yeah, but he was cuddlier than usual. Maybe he did something while I was out.
mebbe he just mised you.

Quote:
Robot Arm, the MMP is like a bunch of old friends meeting for coffee at the local Hardee's (or McDonalds or Starbucks, et. al.), comparing aches and pains, catching up on work and/or family matters, joking and consoling, and in general doing what friends do. Pull up a chair; there's always room for one more. And I hereby bestow upon you the MMP name Waldo.
Bionic Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
I impulse bought a cheap slow cooker yesterday, anyone got any tips for using one?
Return it for the more expensive faster one???

Got some sleep last night so I'm much more functioning today. Ended up with over 1200 photos taken in < 36 hrs this weekend, with ⅔ to of those on Sun. Still don't have the video downloaded yet...& cutting out a little early to do more, a 9/11 memorial tribute. May also got to LSP or ESB to shoot the blue light tribute tomorrow night; we'll see.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
You just accidentally added the 'cookie monster' bit to the front of the link. this worked for me.
So you're one of the big kids now? Thanks!

Cookie is one of the big kids now, btw. Got his rabies shot and tag this morning, and has lost a tooth (from zapping it when he tried to taste-test a drop cord. He may be permanently snaggle-toothed.) Still steady on the growth chart, with the probability of being a hundred pound adult.

LilyKat told me before school that she is having a hard time seeing the whiteboard at school. Eye exam scheduled, teachers notified so she can move to a closer desk until glasses probably.

And the delivery scheduled for today isn't coming until tomorrow. So that's three days borked. (Because when Tony got the first call about delivery, he said "it will be here between 11 and 4." He forgot the word "tomorrow."

Oh well. Steps fixed, mom stuff done, time to start on shelves.

Rosie's signature to all.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:41 AM

Happy Toosday!

Supposed to be hot later today, as of now the windows are open.

Mail came early today, junk mail day, and Ripple is bringing it to me one piece at a time.

I am tired, irked late last night and then woke up too early again. After irk this morning I will be taking a nap.

He didn't do do badly last night at the pool. There was a kiddie pool and I got him to go in.
There was another shar pei there, huge next to Ripple. Much taller and kind of fat. The man told me he has 4 shar pei, two big and two Ripple size.

Cute pup Peaches.
Thanks Nut for a link that irked.

After a nap I have lots of house irk to do, since I was so lazy yesterday.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:53 AM

Blurf Irking as usual. Raining
Old 09-10-2019, 10:42 AM

I've only seen a couple of user acceptance tests, and those were big honking project - complete replacement of core business systems in one case, new security system for a major airport in another case. I've been in a few "throw it over the wall" changes too.

My current company takes (and implements) suggestions from our clientele, but we are in a fairly competitive market.

Quote:
A remote manipulator, also known as a telefactor, telemanipulator, or waldo (after the 1942 short story "Waldo" by Robert A. Heinlein which features a man who invents and uses such devices), is a device which, through electronic, hydraulic, or mechanical linkages, allows a hand-like mechanism to be controlled by a human operator. The purpose of such a device is usually to move or manipulate hazardous materials for reasons of safety, similar to the operation and play of a claw crane game.
Fun personal fact - the main character in Waldo has a disease called myasthenia gravis. Which is why Bob and I knew what that disease was (and how to spell it) when I was diagnosed with it.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:23 AM

Zyada, thanks for the story. Hope you are doing well.

Peaches, pupper gets three Awwwwwwws.... And I got glasses when I was 7 years old, I think it's best that kids adjust to them when they are young.

Spidey, Bionic Man? Utterly uncreative. Mine came from one of the leading SF authors of all time; yours came from a TV show. I restws my case.

Voted to increase my taxes (for a school levy), mailed bills, and bought books, folders, pens and 5 reams of paper for the printer. It's 11:20am and already 93F outside...which is why I am staying inside.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
He didn't do do badly last night at the pool. There was a kiddie pool and I got him to go in.
Ripple was in the pool water. Did he make a...splash?

Quote:
Spidey, Bionic Man? Utterly uncreative. Mine came from one of the leading SF authors of all time; yours came from a TV show. I restws my case.
Who a number of us didn't even get the reference til you 'splained it. Besides, why do we care about some author who writes about San Francisco anyway? I bet you're gonna tell me he left his heart there or sumpin'.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Ripple was in the pool water. Did he make a...splash?

Not this time, I didn't give him a push.

Irk is almost over and then I can take a much needed nap.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:18 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyada View Post

Fun personal fact - the main character in Waldo has a disease called myasthenia gravis. Which is why Bob and I knew what that disease was (and how to spell it) when I was diagnosed with it.
I know a woman who completely recovered after having her thymus removed.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:01 PM

I had the thymectomy many years ago, and it improved things a lot, but I'm never sure if I completely recovered. When you're only symptom is "I'm tired", are you tired because it wasn't 100% effective, because you're out of shape, because you aren't getting enough Vit. D. or because you're developing not quite but almost lupus?
Old 09-10-2019, 03:19 PM

I vote Bionic Man!

I have just had a truly ridiculous fall; worthy of the movies. I slipped on something, and hit the ground. My laptop went flying and was saved by hitting my head on the way back down. I wish my daughter had been able to film it.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:15 PM

I just heard from the garage. They're going to charge me between $500 and $600 to replace the heater core, in my ol' Jeep. The Jeep dealership told me they would charge me $1,000 to $1,200 to repair it. So, it'll be going to the garage, instead of the dealership! They won't be able to schedule it for a couple of weeks. So, as soon as my daughter can secure a ride to work, and back, for a couple of days, I'll get it scheduled. I hope that's the last of it. It usually comes threefold, though. It was the refrigerator going tits up, then, I blew a brake line on the Jeep. This should make it finally settle down. Hopefully nothing else goes tits up in the near future. This shit is gettin' spendy! It will sure be nice to have a working heater, and defrosters, in the Jeep, this upcoming winter! Last winter, without them, was sheer hell.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:44 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Yet again, I'm pissed off at my SIL. He was supposed to take the trash and recycling today. He played video games. He went to the gym with his brother. Then he went to class. So FCD took the stuff to the convenience center, and he hurt his back.

I just deleted a long rant about his worthless ass. Deep, calming breaths...
Old 09-10-2019, 05:23 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
The tech startup I work for was just acquired for $400 million.
By jove I think he has it!

On other news the New Place knows I work there now and the Old Place knows I work at the New Place not but ----- one of Hell's Relations pushed the wrong button and Seattle hasn't a clue what I'm doing.

No big shock; neither do I most of the time.

No biggie; my times are right and everything will get straight but it is almost like that last kiss even after I'm out the door.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Who a number of us didn't even get the reference til you 'splained it.
I got the reference, probably better than most of you know.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:36 PM

Well, that was a change. At 2pm it was 94F here. The a cool front moved it, with scattered tunder-boomers (they cancelled soccer due to lightning in the area) and now at 6:30pm it's 74F. Now if it would just stay there...

FCM, Nice, dammit!!

Nappage has been completed and Dinner has been consumed so Internettin' will occupy most of the evening. All y''all take care.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I vote Bionic Man!

I have just had a truly ridiculous fall; worthy of the movies. I slipped on something, and hit the ground. My laptop went flying and was saved by hitting my head on the way back down. I wish my daughter had been able to film it.
I hope you didn't get hurt!

Well, we may be to where I can leave DH unattended for an irk day, but I don't know if I'm going to be capable of dragging myself to Hades Annex tomorrow. May need a rest day of my own.

My mood is definitely not great. Trying not to snarl too much at DH, but it's not easy. Many of what TVTropes terms "Cluster F-Bombs" are being deployed against other "drivers".
Old 09-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
The main thing is to not lend money to Dogbutt, Kopecbutt or Spiderbutt.

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; for loan doth oft lose both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry" Which means, those motherfu-kers won't pay you back.
And don't forget to use coasters when Mooooooom is around.

nut, I don't know what size your cooker is, but I do beans in either of mine, dal in the big one, veggie soup and, IN the small (1.5 quart) one, I've been known to do steel cut oats overnight in it. If you do a search for foods that you like that may be a good fit with "slow cooker", you will find a wealth of recipes.

Your pupper is a cutie peaches!

Be careful, sunny!

I have my car back! With a touch screen that works! I do need to redo my presets though. I did a couple of them before I left the dealership and tried out GoogleMaps to see if it worked on the way home. I hate how that app always seems to take you through residential neighborhoods with a lot of left turns with no light. It always comes up to hang a right on the street before mine, hang an immediate left on a street that it's almost impossible to do anytime other than the middle of the night, go through the industrial park and THEN turn on my street. I could just, you know, go the next street down and turn right at the light.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home. had an Old Fashioned.

Sunny, Hope your hardware didn't wreck your wetware.

{{{{Nettie}}}}

Peaches, link does not work.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:

Am testing the new slow cooker with some dal. Not quite willing to leave it to it unattended for 6 hours on the first use though, so I'm hanging around today. Smells promising and it's still only halfway through.
Here is a working link. Cute pup.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE
Puppy!
Old 09-11-2019, 12:25 AM

In the past two weeks, my family has gone from "he's OUR crazy relative" to "shit, we gotta get paperwork to sign papers for our crazy relative."

Fuuuu...ugly word.

Now that my uncle has no capacity to assign legal decisions to the people he trusts, my mom and aunt have to go to court and wrest legal capacity from a sister who doesn't speak to my uncle and a child who is only interested in the finances. We have to publish all petitions in the local legal organ.

My uncle isn't competent. We're just fighting for the right to keep him in memory care, for his own safety.

There's no estate. My uncle has been estranged from his children most of my life. He's bugfuck insane.

We aren't fighting for his assets. There are no assets.

We're fighting to retain nursing home visits. My mom and her sisters. My brother. Me. The kids. And to keep him in a safe environment.

We have been his family for my lifetime.

Even if he had financial resources, I don't give a rat's ass. We just want my uncle to be okay as he deals with dementia.

His daughter just filed discovery paperwork to find my uncle's wealth, because she's next of kin. I hope she'll drop her court petition when her lawyer explains that there's no estate to recover.

Uncle J has $1700.We found a memory care unit that would take him on Medicare. We worked out a visit schedule where Mama, my aunt, my brother, me, or one of my kids visits 2+ times per week. We went to the probate court so that my mom or aunt can make legal and medical decisions. Paid an attorney to guide us the whole way.

And now his sister and daughter think we've overstepped.

(It's family and complicated, of course. The uncle in question was raised by my grandparents. He's been my crazy uncle as long as I can remember. For his sake, I want what's best for him. For the sake of mom and aunt, I kinda need a court decision allowing them to be responsible. Both are hyper-responsible. Both have been held responsible for Uncle J for far longer than my lifetime. Neither is cynical enough to see financial gain from his estate - there's nothing to argue about. And both would grieve to see J do without if no one looked after Uncle J.

I'm third in line. My uncle is the burden I inherit if he and I outlive the next generation.

I don't want that burden. But I'll be goddamned if I let anyone take advantage of his insanity.

He's my crazy uncle, and he matters.

Insane, but important.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:39 AM

Adding context:

My uncle fell in his yard a couple of weeks ago.

After he was rescued, he gave social worker instructions to call my aunt (local,) my mom, and the radio station (100 miles away) where I worked 20 years ago.

Uncle was in hospital for a couple of days before someone tried the third number.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:49 AM

Back when I broke my foot trying to slide down a set of narrow, slippery stairs, the Puppy Doctor in the ER gave me a scrip which involved two different versions of Oxy and more paracetamol than I consume in five years. I only took one box of each; the two boxes of Oxy remained unopened. Yesterday I went to get to the pharmacy and asked if I could bring there some medication I had that I was not going to need, the pharmacist said yes, I gave her both boxes. I don't know if they'll go to the Medications Bank or what, but it's something I'm glad to have off my hands and it seems stupid to send it to a landfill.

Writing emails in French when you have an American speaking loudly next to you is hard. -er. I don't think this particular guy can whisper; he seems like one of those people whose whispers manage to be more understandable than their usual voice, because they're as loud but slower.

One more day left in this project. This morning I got a call from a very newbie agent who had been given several questions to ask me and asked them all in order and exactly in the way they'd been given to him, and didn't seem to understand the answers at all. One of them was "is it possible that you might be getting an extension?" I managed to avoid laughing out loud. Explaining that it's you who fired the client is considered bad form

Last edited by Nava; 09-11-2019 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:12 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 73 Amurrkin out and clear (dark, actually) with a predicted high of 95 and N.O.S. for the day. This mornin' I shall lay in provisions. This afternoon I shall attend Jim's funeral and shall have ush duty. We expect a crowd so two of us who are "old pros" at ush duty stepped forward and volunteered. We're nice like that, dammit! Jim's cremains (I like that word cause it's so weird!) will be interred in the memory garden. OYKW is takin' the afternoon off and will be there as well. Afterwards we shall go partake of a late N.O.L./early sup somewhere. I have a feelin' that by that time I'll be more in the mood to get takeout than go sit down somewhere and eat.

Peaches cute pup! Hope everything works out with your mom and aunt gainin' legal custody. I had a crazy uncle who had pretty much cut off all contact with family though he would occasionally talk with my mom. When we found out he was in a nursin' home (transferred there after bein' in the horsepistol) my next to oldest brother and I were able to gain custodianship (is that a word?) to ensure he stayed there. Bro did a ton more stuff than I did because he lives in Ye Olde Home Towne and could handle local stuff. We informed the other nieces and nephews of what was goin' on and they were uber supportive in this, so we had that goin' for us.

Nava have you gone into happy dance mode yet?

Sunny yikes! Hope you're OK after that fall.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas, alack, and bother, I must purtify and don appropriate goin' to the Pubic Sto' attire. After that I must don appropriate funeralizin' attire. I have to act adult all day. WOE!

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 09-11-2019, 05:31 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

{{{Peaches}}}- hope all goes well for you and yours. It's sad how money, or the belief there's money, can tear families apart.

My mom's younger brother got it in his head that she was using their father's estate for herself rather than for the care of their mentally handicapped youngest sister. Mom offered to show Uncle all the accounting, but for years, he wouldn't speak to her - he didn't even come to my dad's funeral. After the sister died and the remaining estate was divided between Mom and her brother, he did come visit her once. At least they made peace of a sort before he died. So, yeah, families and money can be, um, interesting.

Tim gave me a bunch of work last night, so yay! Brent sent me some also. Not sure if I'll be working this weekend again - we shall see. But it's time to dive in. Happy Wednesday!
Old 09-11-2019, 06:35 AM

The weather is how I like cinnamon rolls. Hot and sticky. Forecast is 88 with a dew point of 88. Windows are all steamed up and not from my exciting life.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:40 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

OMG, I forgot to mention the total adorableness of Roxy last night. One of those anti-smoking commercials came on - featuring a woman speaking with an electronic larynx. It prompted Roxy to pick up one of her wooden blocks, hold it to her throat, and speak in the raspy, electronic-type voice. Cracked me up!!!
Old 09-11-2019, 07:04 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated ,and sheveled. I get to drive an hour each way to attend a 90 minute meeting. Then go to work.

Peaches, I hope you can get you uncle taken care of.

Moooommmm!,
Old 09-11-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedin View Post
The weather is how I like cinnamon rolls. Hot and sticky. Forecast is 88 with a dew point of 88. Windows are all steamed up and not from my exciting life.
For cinnamon rolls, that's good. For weather it's caca.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Jim's cremains (I like that word cause it's so weird!) will be interred in the memory garden.
Just don't mix up the cremains with the crasins.

Quote:
May also got to LSP or ESB to shoot the blue light tribute tomorrow night; we'll see.
I am going to see it, but with a fiend who has connections / access to the base of the lights as well as some building to look down on the base. It's gonna be a looong night (especially since he emailed me last night that his schedule changed & he is now going. This meant being up late cleaning out memory cards & appropriately filing pics & getting everything ready for this evening. I am pretty excited about going as I've never seen it live.

wet one, we're having cinnamon roll weather here, too.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:53 AM

Peaches, hope things work out without too much legal trouble. Fortunately my brother and I both agreed about my Dad over the years, from Home to assisted living to nursing home and we're both doing well so there was no argument over money.

wet one, hot and sticky and you like it? That's...weird.

Nava, Freedom!! (yeah, Braveheart was on TV last night...). And Americans always talk loudly, especially if talking to someone whose English isn't great--they understand it better if it's shouted...

Red, glad the car is working. Now too see what breaks next...

Sunny, hope you're doing ok. It's often sorer the following day.

Back up to the mid-90's today, no errands to run so I'll stick around the house for awhile.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 09-11-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Note: I hate cinnamon roll weather. I do like cinnamon rolls...
Old 09-11-2019, 11:09 AM

Happy Hump Day!

Been a messy morning.

Son and I need to have a talk.

Glad you are okay Sunny

I need to go get a blood test, and son asked if we can go to Mexican restaurant today.
I need to get busy.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:43 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
I got the reference, probably better than most of you know.
On an unrelated note ------ a now-former-manager could have passed as the artist's model for "Where's Waldo" ---- and then he had to show up wearing a red stocking cap. That came close to getting me in trouble.

(For some reason Da Jungle frowns on us peasants grabbing a manager and yelling "I found Waldo, I found Waldo".

Go figure.

On another unrelated unrelated note ------ I actually got to volunteer for a "crash sort" ----- a last-ditch effort to get Perfect Packages out for the same day. It was frantic but a whole ton of fun. The dude running the shift (think Bull Shannon) actually thanked me and really meant it; I did two lanes while most people did one. I am feeling good right about now.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:28 PM

Planning to return to irk tomorrow. So far as I know, all necessary calls have been made, the one appointment I thus far know will be needed is made, and DH has so little need of pain meds that I don't think I need to worry about him taking enough to get into difficulties while I'm gone. Today's pretty much a test run of him doing as much as he can for himself so we can identify and solve problem areas while I'm here to help. Hopefully, we can handle some paperirk today or it can wait until the 20th, when I know I'll need to be off that day anyway to take him to the orthopedist. Yes, I will be making use of FMLA protections on this.

One project that got put off a few days was dealing with a pork roast. It's currently in the crockpot with water, soy sauce, and onion. Once it's cooked, I'm hoping for something in the shredded pork vein, with some additional Asian-ish sauces I have on hand added. Did manage to get all but one grocery bag back out to the car, that last straggler can wait a moment.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:40 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Stopped on the way home and picked up a small smoked picnic. It's in the oven now. Sides will be cabbage-n-onions, corn bread, and maybe white corn.

Mid-afternoon, I hit a wall - 4 hours of sleep just don't cut it! I figure an early night with Mel should help. I may have to work this weekend again - depends on how fast Josh gets his next design done. We shall see.

Just barely over 3 months of work to go...
Old 09-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Got Jim funeralized. Lots of folks so ush duty was hectic, but the both of us ushes done good. Did one of my ummm... weirder [del]church janitor[del] Junior Warden duties, that of unscrewin' the little plate on a Columbarium niche, ploppin' the cremains in, and replacin' the plate. When the engraved plate comes in (takes four to six weeks) I get to unscrew the little plate again and put that one on. Fun! Oh and since tomorrow is trash day, I hauled the biiiiiiiiiiiiig trash cans down to where they go for pickup. Oh and there was food left from the N.O.L. for the family so after the funeral, we snuck in the kitchen (OK, we were told to go in there) and had fried chikin, N.O.T. sallit, butter beans, sweet tea, and brownies. YUM!
Old 09-11-2019, 04:53 PM

swampy you lead an interesting life. I'll forego asking questions about the plop transfer.

Peaches best wishes with your uncle.

I ended up going to the ER yesterday to get checked out. Mild concussion, but the CT revealed a whole parcel of neck damage. Some of it may be contributing to my head issues, so maybe this will be a good accident. I'm putting off telling my husband while he's traveling. I'm afraid he's convinced I can't be trusted to walk across a room.

My MiL has still not recovered from her illness a few weeks ago. I'm taking her to the doctor tomorrow to see if we can get her assessed and stabilized. At this point, she needs assistance with everything. Her retirement home wants another $2000/month to keep her there. I think if she can't do anything on her own, she needs to move to a nursing home. I hope the doctor will be able to help.

Hugs to all.

Last edited by Sunny Daze; 09-11-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:31 PM

{{{peaches}}} Families be weird like that. When my brother passed, his older daughter from his first marriage wasted no time getting an attorney to try for part of his estate. Joke was on her: he still had two minor children at home and his house was solely in his wife's name (he'd had a heart attack before it was purchased and the bank wouldn't approve a mortgage in both of their names, in addition to the fact that his wife made more money than he did). Once the attorney found this out, he pretty much laughed her out of his office. When my dad goes, I figure that the crazy sister in California will be the one to hold up probate.

I got my friend to the eye doctor today. I haaaaaaaate parking in the VU hospital complex with a passion. I told him that, should I take him again, it would be better to go to one of the suburban offices.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:21 PM

My band (I Suppose You Know Karate) finally finalized our EP and it's been mastered and pressed (well, duped). There are copies available, but I'm not here to hawk them, I'm here to tell you how fucking awesome it is to hear one of your songs played on the radio. I know in this day and age of YouTube channels and podcasts and Patreon pages and Garage Band and all that it's not as special as it used to be, but it's still friggin' cool.

One of the local rock stations (106.9 - Frank FM) has a local music show - Greetings from 207 - and I had the heads up that we were going to get some air time. The show started at 7:00; me and Bob (my dog) drove around for forty minutes until we came on and it sounded great. The Ballad of Polly and Daphne. Our typical loud - soft - loud type of effort featuring Ponch's bellowing vox, an added Hammond organ, me on rhythm and my boy Quill tearing up the lead on the outro. I was so afraid I'd be super self-conscious when I'd heard it, especially because all the other featured music was really, really good, but we fit right in and I had big fat, personally played, barre chords screaming through a Marshall stack coming through my car speakers and I'm good with that.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:48 PM

Bats, congrats on air time.

Sunny, hope something good comes out of your fall in terms of the headaches.

Ummm, swampy, so you put the cremated remains away and then took out the garbage cans...I do hope you got that order right...

Nettie, hope DH does OK. And these days, the less pain medicine you need, the better, it appears.

Say goodnight FCM. (only old folks like FCM and I will get the reference).

Sari, figured you would have had that talk with him years before...

No soccer again, had thunder rolling around the area, still no rain or storming, but the Parks (and the soccer league) don't take chances with storms and as much as I wanted to practice, I can't disagree with them. Let the King of Burgers take care of dinner and made out my menu for the rest of the week. Internettin' is the plan for tonight, the garbage and recycleables go out tomorrow.

All y'all take care.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:46 PM
Charter Member

Mrs. L.A. and I split a backed acorn squash for dinner (sprinkled with garlic powered and brown sugar, with some margarine). It was good. I freakin' love acorn squash. I had some no-carb peach-flavoured sparkling water left -- just enough for a couple of drinks. So I'm on my second vodka-and-flavoured-sparkling water drink. Feeling it. (I'm not a drinker, so a little alcohol affects me more than it did when I was in my 20s and 30s.) I have to get up at 04:30 in the morning for my 115-mile commute.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:07 PM
Charter Member

Meetinging, worked, beered. More tomorrow.

Quote:
Sari, figured you would have had that talk with him years before...
Great for getting ai time, Batty.

{{{{Sunny}}}}
Old 09-11-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
(For some reason Da Jungle frowns on us peasants grabbing a manager and yelling "I found Waldo, I found Waldo".
I'm so glad I finished school before those books came out.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:56 PM

Congrats Bats! Willing to share a link?
Old 09-12-2019, 02:06 AM

Home. It was incredible!!! Goosebumps!!!

Need sleep.