Old 03-15-2018, 12:23 AM

Jesus Christ. You can pick up a pair of nosebleed seats for Wrestlemania for about $35 each right now. On Stubhub, where prices are jacked and your wallet lighter.

Field A, Row 1, 1-2 tickets for $10k each. They were a lot more than that for Fast Lane.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post

Field A, Row 1, 1-2 tickets for $10k each. They were a lot more than that for Fast Lane.
Even if I had that kind of money, I would still be hard pressed to choose that option over planting my fat ass in a recliner and watching it on the Network.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:43 AM

As someone who was just at Wrestlemania a year ago, I can tell you that it's simply exhausting.

We left early to get parking/get to the stadium to walk around/see merch/see preshow matches/etc. and by the time the show was over and we got home 12 hours had passed.

That includes: Travel, pre-show matches (Bye Neville), Mania itself, Undertaker's hour-long exit, chilling in the stadium for a half hour to let the crowds die out and then finally driving home.

I don't regret it for a second and it's a world of difference when it's in your backyard, but I am very much looking forward to just sitting at home and watching it
Old 03-15-2018, 01:50 PM

wow more moolah backlash https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193323889.html

yeah going to wm is a process ....... oh also be careful of all the guys on the street selling counterfeit t-shirts and such ...... WWE security wont let you in if they see you wearing/carrying it
Old 03-15-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
wow more moolah backlash https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193323889.html

yeah going to wm is a process ....... oh also be careful of all the guys on the street selling counterfeit t-shirts and such ...... WWE security wont let you in if they see you wearing/carrying it
Well that didn't last long.

It's like I always say: Don't Fuck with the Sponsor.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Well that didn't last long.

It's like I always say: Don't Fuck with the Sponsor.
Now all that remains to be seen is how Vince will spend the next four or five Wrestlemanias punishing the fans for forcing him to change his beloved plans.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:10 AM

There's been some noise about Hulk Hogan returning to WWE, possibly even at the upcoming WrestleMania. Or possibly inducting Hillbilly Jim into the HOF. I wonder if this Moolah uproar would make Vince rethink any such plans (if they ever existed).
Old 03-16-2018, 11:53 AM

I still say (tongue firmly in cheek)

The Bayley Invitational Battle Royal

Then you've got perfect story line setups for her showing up on NXT this time of year to invite NXT wrestlers, women from the other show and even from the indies.

Or to specifically NOT invite someone.

Why Bayley? I dunno, why not?

Hell, make the trophy look like one of those big inflatable wavy arms things.

Or better yet, make it a base with a small motor and an actual, 2 or 3' tall inflatable wavy thing.

Last edited by Chimera; 03-16-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:54 PM

yeah I read that here http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/03/wwe-...after-backlash

you know what saddens me ? the comments below saying things like " millennial twitter mob mentality " or " if it was true why weren't charges filed ect "
Old 03-17-2018, 08:00 AM

This is the same woman who refused to ride on the bus whenever other wrestlers wanted to smoke weed. :-)
Old 03-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Everyone has their own little quirks. I find the smell horrible, so I can understand not wanting to be in a confined area with cigarettes or mj. Of course, I never pimped out anyone other than myself (and unsuccessfully at that :P ) so that is where the similarities end.

How many think Takeover will completely blow away Wrestlemania versus Takeover simply being better than Wrestlemania. They really should do Takeover on Friday, the pre-show (Battle Royals, non-title, non-main event feuds) on Saturday, and Wrestlemania on Sunday. Maybe then we'd get fewer clusterfucks and more one-on-one.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:46 PM

So far, Takeover has been > WM and I have no reason to believe this year will be any different.

That being said, I like these matches: Brawn vs vulnerable structures, Asuka vs Charlotte, Usos vs ND vs BB, AJ vs Nak, CW title (if it's not relegated to the pre-show again)

Not so much: Cena vs UT, RR vs Brock, Ronda and Kurt vs Stephanie and HHH
Old 03-18-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkis is Willin' View Post
There's been some noise about Hulk Hogan returning to WWE, possibly even at the upcoming WrestleMania. Or possibly inducting Hillbilly Jim into the HOF. I wonder if this Moolah uproar would make Vince rethink any such plans (if they ever existed).
Until I hear anybody (besides the crowd) so much as mention Hogan and not get suspended by Vince, I doubt Hogan is going to be on any live WWE programming any time soon. Even if it was a crowd chant, I wouldn't put it past Vince to cancel the next show scheduled for that city because of it.

It certainly won't be at WM, if for no other reason than somebody would be certain to bring it up at the WWE Shareholders Meeting on April 21.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
So far, Takeover has been > WM and I have no reason to believe this year will be any different.
In my question, that was a given. The question was how much better will Takeover be.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:56 PM

They're trying to squeeze in so many matches at Wrestlemania that I have to believe that 80% of them are going to go 2-3 minutes, tops, after the entrances. Also wondering how many get put on the pre-show, cancelled, or written off with backstage attacks or the like.

They had better give AJ-Nakamura well over 20 minutes, and that's going to be difficult on this card.

I want to see the damned cruiserweight title match on the main show.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:47 AM
Charter Member

I want to see AJ-Nakamura on last. I know it will be Brrrrrock Lesnar, but I want AJ to retain. However, I'll probably be wrestled out by that point, so maybe Cena-UT to close, when I don't really care anymore, and have AJ-Nakamura around 10pm Eastern, right when I'm about to give up and leave the rest for tomorrow?
Old 03-19-2018, 12:30 PM

Ten minutes for Triple H to make his entrance.
Two minutes for the other three combined.
30 second match.

Trips and Angle start, Angle gets thrown back into his own corner, Rhonda taps herself in. 20 seconds of Stephanie stalling. Ankle lock. Tap.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:16 PM

Au contraire, mon Chimere, Ronda has to have more ring time to justify her contract. Kurt works half the match, sells getting hurt because he's got an iffy neck, and tags the Rousy One in to a (planned) pop. HHH's sledgehammer comes into play and conks Ronda while the ref is distracted. Ronda then sells being all disoriented from the blow, while Steph acts all "now I got you" and milks more hold time. Ronda does some Hulkouts to get the audience to pop, then gets her submission hold on Steph. HHH breaks it up, Kurt runs in, and they do twin ankle locks.

It's true, it's damn true.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:41 AM

Ultimate Deletion turned out to be Ultimate Excretion.

It had little of the silliness and wackiness that made all the TNA Hardy Compound movies so much fun. There were some parts that got some guffaws from me, like the part where Bray went around whacking all those mutant crosses while Matt hid and laughed, like Bugs Bunny watching Elmer Fudd while he shoots up all the rabbit holes. I also liked when Reby played the piano version of Bray's theme song. But they decided to reuse some of the old Bray vs Orton footage with the old shack in flames as flashbacks for Bray when he looked at the City of Obsoletion or whatever it was. They're being too serious when they try to get all psychological, and it just doesn't work in the (Br)Woken universe.

At the end, Bray got dumped into the Lake of Reincarnation, but Senor Benjamin couldn't find his body. They could have had Bray coming out wearing a Nexus shirt with his hair tied back so he could be Husky Harris. HOW COULD THEY HAVE PASSED THIS UP?
Old 03-20-2018, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

Credit for trying to be different, but failure in execution. I don't know if it was too silly or not silly enough.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:25 PM

The breakingest news of breaking news to ever break

This is massive and changes Wrestlemania and a whole helluva lot of things moving forward.

Does the SHIELD need a third guy
Old 03-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Oh please make him Braun's tag team partner...
Old 03-20-2018, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

How sad is it that I immediately wonder if anything from wwe.com is a work?
Old 03-20-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
How sad is it that I immediately wonder if anything from wwe.com is a work?
I'm just the opposite. If it's on .com I'm more inclined to believe it than if it appeared on a random-ass site or the WON or something stupid like that.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:13 PM

3-4 man stable. That way he can talk and be protected. NOT Owens and Zayn.

I'd love it if he "picked" (read, was allowed to pick) some of the guys who just aren't being given a chance or aren't being taken seriously.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:07 PM

Sorry, I can’t get excited about this. While the possibilities are endless, WWE will find some way to fuck it up.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:08 PM

Those aren't tears. My allergies are acting up.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:57 PM

Well his contract is up in July or September or something like that. So they can use him and re-sign him, or screw it up and see him in Ring of Honor.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:38 PM

Now they just need to tell Daniel Bryan not to EVER do the Diving Headbutt again.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:18 AM

I'm really digging 205 Live now. TJP is my favorite heel because of the way he dabs. Drewlac is so much better after dropping his gimmick and demonstrates such great ring knowledge. Mustafa Ali has an intriguing personality where he internally struggles with his dark side. Hideo Itami is finding his niche as a heel, and the Luchas are fun without being silly.

Hopefully Ali & Alexander won't get screwed over at WM.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:40 AM

Well they need to move all of the non-title matches and both battle royals to the pre-show and put all of the title matches, including the Cruiserweight, on the main show.

I think Alexander v. Ali should curtain jerk Wrestlemania. And they should get at least 10 minutes.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:30 PM

I feel like I'm the only fan in WWE universe (other than the first commenter under the WWE.com article) that doesn't just love Daniel Bryan.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I feel like I'm the only fan in WWE universe (other than the first commenter under the WWE.com article) that doesn't just love Daniel Bryan.
I'm kinda with you. I have no history with the guy because he was only kind of a thing when I started watching again, and retired soon after. He's fine to me but nothing to write home about.

I'm the same way with Punk too.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:42 AM
Charter Member

Rey Mysterio is off the card for Strong Style Evolved this weekend due to a bicep injury. Will Ospreay will be taking his place against Jushin Liger. The show will also be featuring a US title match between Jay White and Adam Page, as well as the Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi) vs. the Young Bucks, and a number of tag matches including Okada & Ishii vs. Suzuki and ZSJ. This one's airing live on AXS on Sunday evening, and it should be a fun show.

In other news, WWE has officially announced the Greatest Royal Rumble will be live on the WWE Network next month, at noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, and that Jerry Lawler and JR will be reuniting on commentary for it.

Last edited by Smapti; 03-22-2018 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:45 AM

wow how old is liger? I thought hed retired years ago.......
Old 03-22-2018, 03:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
wow how old is liger? I thought hed retired years ago.......
He'll be 53 this November, and still working a full-time schedule in New Japan. According to Profightdb, he's worked 28 matches so far in 2018, though most of them have been tag matches.

Last edited by Smapti; 03-22-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:54 AM

wow does muto still wrestle too ?
Old 03-22-2018, 08:18 AM

STC, does NXT hand out printouts of Gargano's icon to the audience? They got the front row to participate in the angle with him and Ciampa. Do the NXT people have preselected fan lookalikes that come out for the angle and then leave, or did they take the actual fans aside and coach them on what to do?
Old 03-22-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I think Bryan can be credited with being the first wrestler to demonstrate to Vince that you don't have to be an oversized steroid abuser to get over. WWE had luchas and the like before, but mainly as a sideshow. Bryan had the abused underdog look that connected with the audience.

My favorite Daniel Bryan era was when he partnered with Kane as team Hell No. DB was the whiny brat and Kane was the evil monster with gallows humor whose grotesque comments made Bryan upset. The skits of them attending anger management classes were fuckin' hilarious and made for some of WWE's best TV moments. When the team broke up and Bryan went solo, that's when he broke out into major stardom.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
STC, does NXT hand out printouts of Gargano's icon to the audience? They got the front row to participate in the angle with him and Ciampa. Do the NXT people have preselected fan lookalikes that come out for the angle and then leave, or did they take the actual fans aside and coach them on what to do?
I haven't attended a taping in forever cuz they sell out so damn quickly, and I haven't watched the episode you're referencing, but based on previous times being there I bet they gave out the signs to front row and let the people just be themselves.

They've done their fair share of audience pandering and stunt pieces (like when Street Prophets went outside Full Sail and had a standoff with Tino/Riddick) and they've never brought in other people to do their dirty work. I would greatly assume the audience is legit.

Although as I'm typing that, I remember someone in a local Facebook group I'm in mention a "stunt granny" in the latest set of tapings, maybe that's what you saw? If someone is taking a bump that is definitely a plant.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I think Bryan can be credited with being the first wrestler to demonstrate to Vince that you don't have to be an oversized steroid abuser to get over. WWE had luchas and the like before, but mainly as a sideshow. Bryan had the abused underdog look that connected with the audience.

My favorite Daniel Bryan era was when he partnered with Kane as team Hell No. DB was the whiny brat and Kane was the evil monster with gallows humor whose grotesque comments made Bryan upset. The skits of them attending anger management classes were fuckin' hilarious and made for some of WWE's best TV moments. When the team broke up and Bryan went solo, that's when he broke out into major stardom.
How about Shawn Michaels. Wikipedia may have him at 6'1", but I've stood close to him, I'm 6' (technically 5' 11 7/8" as my brother says when I say I'm a six-footer), and Michaels is NOT over 6' tall. Michaels is, however, still taller than Bryan. Chris Jericho is beefier, but he's only 5' 9 or 10". Even Bret Hart wasn't very big (though like everyone in that era was pumped full of PEDs).

It's not like Vince never pushed smaller, it is just that the smaller people had to prove themselves far beyond what the larger people had just to get a push, let alone get to the top of the card.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
When I was in front of the hard cam at the Raw where Daniel Bryan retired, they came through before the show and handed us paper "THANK YOU BRYAN" signs to hold up during his speech.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post

Although as I'm typing that, I remember someone in a local Facebook group I'm in mention a "stunt granny" in the latest set of tapings, maybe that's what you saw? If someone is taking a bump that is definitely a plant.
No, no fans took bumps. Ciampa was tearing away their Gargano signs until the last one turned out to be Gargano himself wearing a lucha mask. There was an older woman who gave Ciampa a thumbs down, but nothing more physical than that.

There was a LU episode a couple years back where select fans got to take part in a strap match. A bunch of them got to take a bump when one of the luchas did a stage dive on them. I'm sure American venues in general don't want anything like that happening unless the participants sign a bunch of liability waivers.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
No, no fans took bumps. Ciampa was tearing away their Gargano signs until the last one turned out to be Gargano himself wearing a lucha mask. There was an older woman who gave Ciampa a thumbs down, but nothing more physical than that.

There was a LU episode a couple years back where select fans got to take part in a strap match. A bunch of them got to take a bump when one of the luchas did a stage dive on them. I'm sure American venues in general don't want anything like that happening unless the participants sign a bunch of liability waivers.
I watched the segment because the best way of telling if it was real or not was who I recognize from previous tapings. One of the sign holders is who I affectionately call "Solo Cup Street Prophets Guy" because he always has his solo cup and giant SP sign. They were definitely all regular fans that got signs. Kind of a shame I missed it, although we never get seat seats so it's not like we would have been a part of it anyway.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:28 AM

Jim Cornette Announces Wrestling Comic at IDW, Claims It Will Make You Rich

In a nutshell, the comic book is going to be stories of what happens backstage at wrestling shows. Cornette says he's going to be the wrestling equivalent of the Crypt Keeper.

I think I'll drop a few bucks into his Kickstarter.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
In a nutshell, the comic book is going to be stories of what happens backstage at wrestling shows. Cornette says he's going to be the wrestling equivalent of the Crypt Keeper.
What's his relationship with Jerry Lawler?

I'm thinking Lawler drawing a Cornette Crypt Keeper.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:44 PM

I guess they're still on speaking terms. Cornette always gives props to the way Lawler ran Memphis in his podcasts.

Lawler illustrated Mick Foley's Christmas Chaos.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:27 PM

So Shane is legit hospitalized and some random site is saying the women are getting tag belts.

Certainly changes WM plans, but not by a ton because DB can wrestle again. Tag belts also mean that The Iconic Duo actually have a future!
Old 03-28-2018, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

I heard the belt was for 205. And it seems Shane is expected back by WrestleMania.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:06 AM

The dark match yesterday after Smackdown involved one of the refs (Danilo or, as he's known in the Cups household, Divas Ref) getting in on the action and removing his shirt and superkicking Aiden English. He then went for the pin, AJ grabbed the ref's shirt and halfheartedly put it on and did the 1-2-3.

Boy I would have loved to have seen that.