Old 07-10-2014, 09:25 AM

Has anyone played any of the recent WWE video games?

I haven't had a wrestling game since WCW/NWO Revenge for the N64, so suffice it to say it's been a while.

I might be thinking of picking up 2k14, but I don't know much about how the games are nowadays
Old 07-13-2014, 07:10 AM

Pretty much every year I buy the new WWE game and rapidly lose interest. A big part of that is it seems that most of the online multi-player opponents have ridiculous CAW's with maximized stats and 0 lag. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

2K14 is a nice evolution but doesn't bring anything really new to the table. The 30 Years of Wrestlemania is a fun romp down memory lane, but so many of the matches have obscure victory conditions that it can be a chore sometimes.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Ascension: They're like three-quarter scaled Road Warriors. They squash all the runts. Maybe if they were Paul Heyman guys, but I don't see them being more than enhancement talent to the Rhodes brothers.
I can definitely see the Ascension as Paul Heyman guys. I love seeing them on NXT, and they remind me a lot of Demolition - they're technically heels, but they win their matches clean because they're so awesome that they don't need to cheat. They could definitely use a spokesman, though, and Paul seems like exactly the right guy to put them over.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
So who do you guys think will be next to move from NXT to the main roster?
Nobody, hopefully! Vince and Kevin Dunn need to keep their filthy main roster hands off my NXT guys. Seriously, anybody going up to the main roster is a moment of dread, waiting to see if they'll screw it up. (For women, "if" becomes "how"; the best a main roster lady can hope for are five minute piss-break matches that at least aren't demeaning.)

That said, Sami and Adrian have been working house shows, I think, so they're probably on their way up. The Ascension seem to be an inevitability, just because the main roster needs more tag teams. A bit further out and Tyler Breeze seems likely; hopefully his gimmick won't slot him into Fandango's area, though I fear it will. Further still, and Enzo Amore needs to have a rocket strapped to his back--if not as a wrestler, than as a manager.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:54 PM

I find it odd all the fans on the Internet who get upset about how the Divas are used and talk about how great the female wrestlers are on NXT. NXT female wrestlers are basically no more impressive than female wrestlers have ever been--which is not impressive at all. Sure, anytime they aren't just slapping/hair pulling and screaming and doing real wrestling moves it looks marginally impressive, but I don't get the point.

If I want T&A there's better places to get it than the WWE. Sid Eudy (Sycho Sid / Sid Justice) said in a radio interview recently that he has little respect for women's wrestling and in his opinion it's a waste of time on a card for something that may not even really sell a single ticket to the event.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:49 PM

The problem with women's wrestling in WWE is Vince.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:57 PM

Arguably, the problem with women's wrestling in WWE is Trish. Hot model who can't wrestle and can barely talk happens to be the one-in-a-million that can pick things up at an incredible pace, and there's been a decade of the WWE trying to get the same lightning in a bottle since.

Beyond that, it's something of a chicken and egg problem. Nobody's cared about the division for so long that they can't justify giving them enough time to get people to care about the division.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:41 AM

I used to write RAW reviews for a cable website, and my vendor used to work for WWE. She told me the Divas were constantly frustrated over having little air time to show for their hard work. She couldn't give me an answer as to why they retained Great Khali. :-)
Old 07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
She couldn't give me an answer as to why they retained Great Khali. :-)
1.237 billion Indians.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
1.237 billion Indians.
Surely at least one of them can actually wrestle, though? Or, you know, move with a basic level of athleticism that you might expect from the average WWE fan...
Old 07-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawMonkey View Post
Surely at least one of them can actually wrestle, though? Or, you know, move with a basic level of athleticism that you might expect from the average WWE fan...
What you need is one who can get Indians into the arenas. Jinder Mahal, who though not good was a better wrestler than Khali, couldn't do it. Khali somehow must move tickets, and that counts more than wrestling ability.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:30 AM

Rusev and Swagger was the only interesting thing last night. I wish Swagger was going to win this weekend.

Sting's commercial was pretty good too.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

I'm really looking forward to Battleground, which is surprising for a mid-summer filler PPV - the card is pretty solid, most of the feuds have been set up pretty organically, and there are a few matches where there's no real safe bet on who the winner will be.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTaurusSHO94 View Post
Rusev and Swagger was the only interesting thing last night. I wish Swagger was going to win this weekend.
Eh, I wouldn't mind seeing Rusev crush until about, say, September when a certain Gold Medalist's TNA contract supposedly ends. Having one of Lana's rants interrupted by "Anthem" would absolutely blow the roof off the place.

Assuming, of course, that Angle is fir to ever wrestle again.

Quote:
Sting's commercial was pretty good too.
Yeah, but did you hear the crowd switch to boos when the realized it was just a commercial for the game and he wasn't appearing?
Old 07-15-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
God yes.

He can't even frigging walk why is he still there?!?!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:08 PM

I'd rather see Angle take on Swagger than Rusev. Swagger can go in the ring. If Angle can still go, that would be a fantastic match.

Rusev hasn't done anything to impress me yet. Neither has Reigns, for that matter. They need to organically push people like they did 20-30 years ago. They keep trying to rush people into main event positions and they crash and burn because they're too green.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:06 PM

Eh, I don't see Rusev being beat until *after* they think he's ready to be fed to Cena.

Slowly up the card until then, slide back down the card after. Just like Rybak, Wyatt, etc, etc.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 AM

Some of the guys like Khali are for purposes unrelated to RAW/PPVs. Khali is a big international draw, and the WWE really believes that if it can somehow get even a teensy little bit of the Chinese and/or Indian markets it'll cause their profits to mushroom (Cena has said he receives Mandarin lessons, for example.)

Big Show is another one, I actually thought Show after his first few "green" years developed some real in-ring talent and was impressive athletically as one hell of a guy. But it's been a long time since he's been remotely interesting in terms of story lines and he hasn't been on TV a lot this year. But my understanding is Big Show still does a lot of live events and is still a big draw for those--there are always going to be people willing to pay money to see a legitimate giant, and whatever else Show/Paul Wight is, he's definitely that.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Eh, I don't see Rusev being beat until *after* they think he's ready to be fed to Cena.

Slowly up the card until then, slide back down the card after. Just like Rybak, Wyatt, etc, etc.
To me it's just a question of whether they're using the match to try and revive Swagger's career. Dutch Mantel is great but is having trouble doing much with with soulless Jack Swagger (who is a gifted athlete but lacking in passion/entertainment value), and now that the Real Americans is just Swagger that gimmick probably needs to morph in a way. If they aren't using this match to bring Swagger back to top tier, then they're looking to build Rusev into the next monster heel to feed to whichever main eventer baby face they want to push (could be Cena who they feel needs pushed at all times, for example.)
Old 07-16-2014, 08:39 AM

Might have some more walking wounded at Battleground. The reason why Bray Wyatt showed the right side of his face during his promo was because Ric Flair accidentally busted his eye wide open. During a house show, Flair was wearing a jewelled ring when he hit Bray.

Also, Seth Rollins had to be helped to the back after RAW went off the air. He landed on his foot awkwardly when he was thrown out of the ring and looked to have sprained his leg. Here's hoping he and Ambrose don't accidentally maim themselves in their match Sunday.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:28 PM

I love the WWE. I have always been a huge fan of Triple H and The Undertaker. I loved watching Lita wrestle back in the day
Old 07-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Might have some more walking wounded at Battleground. The reason why Bray Wyatt showed the right side of his face during his promo was because Ric Flair accidentally busted his eye wide open. During a house show, Flair was wearing a jewelled ring when he hit Bray.

Also, Seth Rollins had to be helped to the back after RAW went off the air. He landed on his foot awkwardly when he was thrown out of the ring and looked to have sprained his leg. Here's hoping he and Ambrose don't accidentally maim themselves in their match Sunday.
Rollins 'injury' was story-related. Supposedly Bray Wyatt feels his stitches are a badge of honor, having come from Ric Flair at MSG.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:57 AM

How can Khali draw money if he's never on? (Not that I'm asking for more Khali!) To the side, Bo managed to make his match with Khali awesome. Bad giant!

Rollins did a hell of a job selling that knee injury--there was a lot of speculation around that it was a shoot. Well done, Traitor Rollins!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
How can Khali draw money if he's never on? (Not that I'm asking for more Khali!) To the side, Bo managed to make his match with Khali awesome. Bad giant!

Rollins did a hell of a job selling that knee injury--there was a lot of speculation around that it was a shoot. Well done, Traitor Rollins!
My understanding is Khali is being used to try and get WWE more attention in India. I assume he probably is a big part of any live event tours they've done in India. I have no idea how often that happens, I know back in the 90s Bret Hart went to India and was very popular, so they do go to the subcontinent from time to time.

Day to day I'm not sure how much revenue Khali drives, but I know the Big Show still does a lot of live events and is probably a big draw just due to his size. It's possible Khali is a good live event draw even in the States just for the spectacle of him.

In general I suspect Khali will go down as one of the great McMahon mistakes, his just simply cannot wrestle or even move effectively. There had to have been some better Indian wrestlers they could have found and trained in the "business" than that guy.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:12 PM

Battleground Predictions?

1. Cena vs Orton vs Kane vs Reigns: Cena, since they're already advertising him defending the title against Brrrrrock Lesnar at Summerslam. Rollins will be unable to cash in the magic briefcase, because...

2. Rollins vs. Ambrose: This will be the match of the night. Ambrose will probably lose, since he's been portrayed as the scrappy fall guy, but he'll steal the magic briefcase and keep Rollins from cashing in.

3. Jericho vs Wyatt: Wyatt, since Jericho doesn't have any problems putting over younger talent at PPVs, like he did with Fandunghole at WM. There's got to be a surreal twist in this match somewhere. The light bright jacket vs the haunted lantern!

4. AJ vs some Diva: I suspect Paige will inadvertently cause AJ to lose.

5. Wyatts vs Usos, 2/3 falls: Usos, since the Wyatts don't need the belts to get over. Wyatts trash the Usos and win the 1st fall. The 2nd match will be an Uso quick pin. Usos take the 3rd after a quinquadruple frog splash.

6. Battle Royal for IC belt: Ordinarily I would go with Cesaro, but his stock seems to have fallen lately, and he's already won the AtG BR. I BO-lieve Bo Dallas will pick up the belt and be the inspiration for jobbers everywhere.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:13 PM

Got the Divas match wrong... AJ and Paige are actually versus each other. I'll go with AJ, since they gave the belt back to her immediately after she returned.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:24 PM
Charter Member

I'm personally predicting the Wyatts pick up the belts this time, to set up a feud with the Ascension when they make it to the main roster (which I predict will happen soon - they're doing a tag tournament in NXT to pick a new #1 contender, and I'm figuring that the Vaudevillians are going to win the tourney and then the titles.)
Old 07-19-2014, 06:17 PM

I can't see the Vaudevillains gimmick lasting too much longer. It's amusing for now, but them winning the titles would be like letting Doink the Clown win a belt.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I can't see the Vaudevillains gimmick lasting too much longer. It's amusing for now, but them winning the titles would be like letting Doink the Clown win a belt.
The Ascension have to drop the belts to someone if they're going to come to the main roster soon, and I can't really think of another tag team in NXT that's over enough and hasn't already been squashed by them. (Big Cass and Enzo Amore, maybe?)

(And does my memory deceive me, or wasn't Doink the Intercontinental Champion at some point?)

Last edited by Smapti; 07-19-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:29 AM

Battleground

Wyatts vs Usos should be required for every PPV for the next year. They stole the show. Rowan even had some spots.

No Rollins vs Ambrose match. Guess Rollins's leg injury was legit. Summerslam's a better venue for their match anyway, since it's a bigger draw.

Paige vs AJ: Solid match, but Paige is going to be cutting herself. Her angle will be the increasing presence of mysterious slashes all over her wrists.

Swagger vs Rusev: This is an awkward angle with the Malaysian jet disaster in the headlines lately. WWE has no shame anyway, but the US vs Russia schtick has been done to death. I just wanted this match to be over with quickly, but it just. wouldn't. stop.

Bray vs Jericho: Surprise win for Jericho. Guess this means the feud continues. This match had the most time devoted to Bray's closeups: eerie web of hair covering his discolorated eye.

IC BR: The Wizz takes it because he's good at rolling out of the ring and being a nonfactor. Guess they thought his straight-to-video movies needed a stimulus.

Fatal 4-way: Surprisingly decent match. They pulled off the double-power-bomb-superflex spot rather well. I'll always be a mark for Reigns's mat punch. One of these days I'm going to take a clip of that and put in some lightning bolts crackling out of his fist.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Battleground
No Rollins vs Ambrose match. Guess Rollins's leg injury was legit. Summerslam's a better venue for their match anyway, since it's a bigger draw.
I doubt they would have let Rollins take as many bumps from psycho-Ambrose as he did if he were legit injured. They're just building up their match for Summerslam.

I really enjoyed this show, and I'm surprised how wrong I was on my match predictions.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:26 PM

I agree on Wyatts vs Usos, that was an old school style great tag team match. I remember back in the day the tag team matches were often the most exciting matches on the card, whereas in modern WWE many of them feel like filler/nonsense. Not this one, amazingly well worked.

Paige vs AJ was okay for a women's match. I'm glad AJ didn't win with the Black Widow. Something William Regal said awhile back in an interview, is that one of his metrics for something being a good wrestling move is that it actually relies on the actual motions of the body and how the body works. The Black Widow violates that completely, because it's a submission maneuver in which we are to believe the recipient doesn't realize they are supporting the assailant's weight with their legs, and that if they chose not to do that they would easily escape the hold.

I agree on Swagger vs Rusev. I actually like both guys individually, Rusev especially showed me against Big E he can sell as well as work a pretty physical/athletic match for a big guy. Swagger has always been physical/decent in the ring (boring character, though.) But the two together just worked a snoozefest of a match, the Big E match at MitB was a far better Rusev match.

All I can guess about the IC Battle Royal is they saw no reason to push anyone else in the match or perhaps the IC is so pointless they didn't figure it mattered match in terms of pushing anyone. The biggest thing I think we're seeing from that match is just a strong confirmation that for some reason Cesaro's "push" is over. I've not felt like he was being treated seriously in about a month and a half now, once Brock comes back and Paul is representing him again I wouldn't be surprised if Cesaro gets even less air time.

It's odd too, my understanding is the brass love Cesaro and he was clearly being groomed just recently for a major main event push.

The Fatal 4-Way was "okay" maybe 2 / 4 stars, it loses points from me because they had Cena end it the exact same way he ended MitB. We all knew this was a filler match since WWE already has plans for Cena in the main event of SummerSlam (necessitated by DB's injury), but come on, that doesn't mean you end it with the exact same AA-onto another wrestler, finish of the MitB match.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:39 AM

RAW was kind of "ehh" last night, but Ambrose was the star, IMO. His body language is masterful. He stumbles, flails drunkenly, clutches at pain, but pulls off those comeback-from-nowhere moves like a horror movie slasher. I love the way he almost falls through the ropes but hooks them with his legs and springs back in out of sheer spite.

Otherwise, the Stephanie-goes-to-jail angle was just more McMahon drama to fill out three hours of post-PPV air time. Xavier Woods leading a race-related stable? The dude never wins, even on NXT. Please let this angle die in developmental hell.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:37 AM

I liked the Nation of Domination.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTaurusSHO94 View Post
I liked the Nation of Domination.
It's interesting that they are re-hashing a faction from only 15 or so years ago almost verbatim.

Obviously nothing is original anymore (especially in wrestling) but the "militant black group" is unique enough that it's funny to see they are doing literally the exact same thing.

Maybe Mark Henry will be a catalyst and they will call themselves NOD and make it a new NOD, as opposed to "insert tough black name here" and have it just BE the Nation of Domination.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 PM

How much longer is Bray Wyatt's character going to stay like it is? I'm not saying it's on it's last legs, but I don't see it being the same a couple of years down the road without becoming stale. After all, Kevin Sullivan's Prince of Darkness character eventually got old. It was still recognizable, but once he turned on Dory Funk and Sir Oliver Humperdink the character became less over the top. I wonder if it could turn out that Sister Abigail is still alive, and she exposes him as a fraud?
Old 07-25-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Has anyone played any of the recent WWE video games?

I haven't had a wrestling game since WCW/NWO Revenge for the N64, so suffice it to say it's been a while.

I might be thinking of picking up 2k14, but I don't know much about how the games are nowadays
I enjoyed WWE All Stars. Very much an arcade style game, not a realistic one.

I enjoyed the Uso win at Battleground, I love them, and I enjoy Harper and Rowan (though not Bray). They had me going through out the match thinking my guys would lose it.

But then again, I'm kinda enjoying the Hollywood Miz thing for the moment.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:19 PM

P-man, I think Bray's family will change roster eventually, as Luke Harper is breaking out as a solo star. Maybe a "dissention in the ranks" angle will result, leading to a Wyatt-Harper feud, and Bray will then take in new family members to be his stooges. I still like the current angle and hope the Wyatt family stays together for as long as possible, but nothing lasts forever.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-man View Post
How much longer is Bray Wyatt's character going to stay like it is? I'm not saying it's on it's last legs, but I don't see it being the same a couple of years down the road without becoming stale. After all, Kevin Sullivan's Prince of Darkness character eventually got old. It was still recognizable, but once he turned on Dory Funk and Sir Oliver Humperdink the character became less over the top. I wonder if it could turn out that Sister Abigail is still alive, and she exposes him as a fraud?
Quote:
P-man, I think Bray's family will change roster eventually, as Luke Harper is breaking out as a solo star. Maybe a "dissention in the ranks" angle will result, leading to a Wyatt-Harper feud, and Bray will then take in new family members to be his stooges. I still like the current angle and hope the Wyatt family stays together for as long as possible, but nothing lasts forever.
The biggest problem with Bray, and I've mentioned this before, is that he never ever ever wins.

He might have a vic or two on a Raw or one of the other shows, but when it's crunch time, when it's time for him to follow through on is threats he loses.

His rantings and ramblings also have gotten stale to me, it's just hashing the same thing over and over again. So Bray either needs to win, or actually DO something here soon, otherwise he's going to get real old real fast
Old 07-25-2014, 05:00 PM

Apparently rumors are going around (started by David Meltzer) that Daniel Bryan may be facing the same situation as Edge, that after his second surgery the prognosis is he will not be able to return to wrestling. It's well known we were originally going to see DB - Lesnar at SummerSlam to build up DB even more with probably a win, over the guy who beat Taker at WM30. When we thought DB was just going to be out for awhile, it was assumed Lesnar would be beating whomever at SummerSlam (ends up being Cena), and that a returning DB maybe beats Lesnar at WM30 to right the world.

What happens now if DB is expected to not return? Does it still make sense to put the belts on Lesnar? If not, how is the WWE going to make Cena as champ "not stale?" Because I'm just not seeing it. I guess maybe a Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior style face vs face feud with Reigns v Cena that culminates in Reigns taking the straps?

Last edited by Martin Hyde; 07-25-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

Leaner will win Summerslam and go on to face Reigns down the road. The real question is what to do with a stale Cena. There's no where else to go but to the long-awaited heel turn...and merchandise sales be damned!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:20 PM

Yeah, the speculation has been for quite some time that Lesnar takes the title at Summerslam, then holds it until WM, when he puts over Reigns. Reigns has got some work to do to get to that point, but it's a long way off still. And, once Lesnar shakes the inevitable face-ish heat that he'll get from half the Universe (myself included) for beating the everloving shit out of John Cena, he should be able to build some pretty good heel heat defending the title on every PPV between now and then.

Which is Lesnar's real value right now--he can sell the Network. If it's the only place we're going to get to see him fight--which it will be--then it should get some fence-sitters to put their $10/mo down. The thing that'll be tricky is who to feed him. Honestly, I don't think John should even get a rematch, much less a three match series; nothing against John, but once the belt's on Lesnar, he needs to start getting over as a proper heel ASAP. Ambrose would be a good match once he's done w/ his feud w/ Rollins; his "unconventional style," as the announce table likes to say, makes him closer to credible against the Beast. Past that, I dunno. Reigns isn't an option until WM or closer to it, at least. Maybe Batista, but I want that poor guy to get a few meaningful wins sometime. Sheamus? While he's considered a bit of a snoozefest in the IWC, I think he's pretty over w/ the kids and casuals. It's a shameful thing, though; he needs a heel turn almost as bad as he needs to get rid of some of those limes.

And yeah, Bray needs to be pretty comprehensively rebuilt at this point. I love the gimmick/character and his commitment to it, but the Cena feud ultimately did him no favors and while da boyz' match w/ the Usos was the highlight of the night at Battleground, they haven't exactly been racking up the wins either. (Not to mention that they've been booked more and more as a tag team that's independent of Bray.) Bray can cut all the promos he wants saying that he doesn't care about wins and losses--right now, he's just not a credible threat. Hopefully he'll come out of this program w/ Jericho a little bit stronger... and keep building back up.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Charter Member

I'd say Bray is due for a face turn soon if only because he's too over with the crowd to continue as a heel, but I don't think the gimmick needs to be changed too much. IMO, he's the closest thing this generation has to the Undertaker, and he's good enough on the mic that they don't need to mess with a good thing.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:16 PM

Some burglars picked the wrong house to rob.

Stephanie will do anything to get back at Brie!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:51 AM

Does WWE even count as a game?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozuit View Post
Does WWE even count as a game?
It toes the fine line between "sport" and "theater" and because the athleticism is the most prominent part it made more sense to put it here than, say, "Cafe Society".

Also you all have no idea how angry I am that Bo Dallas lost. It has no point, it doesn't help GD R-Truth of all stupid people (he's not even in the soon-to-be angry black faction!) and it kills his gimmick and kills his character

Last edited by Sir T-Cups; 07-29-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir t-cups View Post
also you all have no idea how angry i am that bo dallas lost. It has no point, it doesn't help gd r-truth of all stupid people (he's not even in the soon-to-be angry black faction!) and it kills his gimmick and kills his character
My client, R-Truth, CONQUERED THE STREAK!

Last edited by Smapti; 07-29-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
My client, R-Truth, CONQUERED THE STREAK!
HA.

Well damn, now I'm mad they didn't have him lose to Lesnar just for the giggles
Old 07-29-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
And yeah, Bray needs to be pretty comprehensively rebuilt at this point. I love the gimmick/character and his commitment to it, but the Cena feud ultimately did him no favors and while da boyz' match w/ the Usos was the highlight of the night at Battleground, they haven't exactly been racking up the wins either. (Not to mention that they've been booked more and more as a tag team that's independent of Bray.) Bray can cut all the promos he wants saying that he doesn't care about wins and losses--right now, he's just not a credible threat. Hopefully he'll come out of this program w/ Jericho a little bit stronger... and keep building back up.
I don't think he needs to be rebuilt so much as he needs to just WIN. I thought Jericho came back to help put him over, then for some dumbass reason they had Jericho win the first match. Made no damned sense. Wyatt needs to go over decisively (and cleanly) in their next two matches. Then maybe a series of brief upper and mid-card feuds where he plows through them quickly. Say, pin Kofi two matches in a row, utterly destroy Miz in a match, go over Sheamus in a feud, etc.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Also you all have no idea how angry I am that Bo Dallas lost. It has no point, it doesn't help GD R-Truth of all stupid people (he's not even in the soon-to-be angry black faction!) and it kills his gimmick and kills his character
Nah, it had to happen. Admittedly, I'd rather just about anyone do it than R-Truth, who is in contention for my least favorite wrestler on the roster (mostly because of his shitty entrance/theme song), but he just happened to be the jobbiest jobber that ever jobbed a job, and that's who needed to go over Bo. So far from killing Bo's gimmick, it's exactly what Bo's gimmick needs to develop. Bo's not an inspirational face; he's an insecure, delusional heel who'll cheat to win and freak out when he loses (as he did this time--but he did it to R-Truth, who may have the only face on the roster more punchable than Bo's... I digress).

Brandon Stroud does a better job than I can; check it out. For further examples of what Bo's really all about, go watch the Mr. NXT segments from NXT about a month back or so. (Also, just watch them because they're amazing. Easy contenders for segment of the year for all of WWE's programming.)