Old 08-28-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
Can you guys check the draft results and make sure everything looks up to date and correct? Thanks.
Looks right to me, thanks for setting that up. I checked the remaining player list as well and that seems to be right as well.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:19 PM

I'd like to remind people that if your pick is coming up but you don't think you'll have time to make it, you can send me a list of pre-ranked players in PM and I'll make the pick. I won't read it unless it's necesary to use.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:55 PM

Skipping a new owner's first pick strikes me as a bad idea, even if it is the normal process for this league. I know he's way over, but this is a pretty important spot for his team. So maybe we should give him until 7pm, which might be his normal time. We can get cutthroat about the time later and hopefully make it up. Getting skipped in the 3rd round is not nearly as big a deal as it is in the 1st.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:05 PM

Fair point Jules. Let's give it longer.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:39 PM

12. K. Johnson, DET
Sorry about the delay fellas I won't do it again
Old 08-28-2018, 08:48 PM
Charter Member

2.01 Calvin Ridley WR Atlanta

Last edited by dalej42; 08-28-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:32 PM

Cool. Hamlet is up with 2 picks. Did you PM him?
Old 08-28-2018, 09:37 PM

2.02 Michael Gallup, WR, Dallas
2.03 Christian Kirk, WR, Arizona

I'll pm Omni. I bet I know who he's taking.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:01 PM

2018 Draft
1.01:..Jules.....Saquon Barkley, RB, NYG
1.02:..Justin....Royce Freeman, RB, Den
1.03:..Hamlet....Rashaad Penny, RB, Sea
1.04:..Omni......Sony Michel, RB, NE
1.05:..Ellis.....Baker Mayfield, QB, Cle
1.06:..Jules.....DJ Moore, WR, Car
1.07:..Beef......Nick Chubb, RB, Cle
1.08:..Retro.....Courtland Sutton, WR, Den
1.09:..Gaffer....Derrius Guice, RB, Was
1.10:..Jules.....James Washington, WR, Pit
1.11:..Jules.....Anthony Miller, WR, Chi
1.12:..Overly....Kerryon Johnson, RB, Det

2.01:..Dale......Calvin Ridley, WR, Atl
2.02:..Hamlet....Michael Gallup, WR, Dal
2.03:..Hamlet....Christian Kirk, WR, Ari
2.04:..Omni......
2.05:..Ellis.....
2.06:..Overly....
2.07:..Petey.....
2.08:..Retro.....
2.09:..Gaffer....
2.10:..Beef......
2.11:..RNATB.....
2.12:..Overly....

3.01:..Jules.....
3.02:..Hamlet.....
3.03:..RNATB.....
3.04:..Omni......
3.05:..Ellis.....
3.06:..Beef......
3.08:..Retro.....
3.09:..Gaffer....
3.10:..Hamlet....
3.11:..RNATB.....
3.12:..Beef......

4.01:..Dale......
4.02:..Jules.....
4.03:..Justin....
4.04:..Omni......
4.05:..Ellis.....
4.08:..Retro.....
4.09:..Gaffer....

5.01:..Jules.....
5.02:..Hamlet....
5.03:..Justin....
5.04:..Omni......
5.09:..Gaffer....

6.02:..Justin....
6.04:..Omni......

Last edited by Jules Andre; 08-28-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
2.02 Michael Gallup, WR, Dallas
2.03 Christian Kirk, WR, Arizona

I'll pm Omni. I bet I know who he's taking.
Glad you know....because I see nothing but hot garbage....

I'll settle for 2.04 Jordan Wilkins, RB, IND
Old 08-28-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Glad you know....because I see nothing but hot garbage....

I'll settle for 2.04 Jordan Wilkins, RB, IND
I'm surprised. Not a bad pick, but I didn't expect it.

I sent a pm to Ellis, just in case
Old 08-29-2018, 01:28 AM

Well, I hated this guy at 1.05, but I actually like him pretty well at 2.05:

2.05 Ellis - Ronald Jones, RB, TB

PM sent to Overly Sentimental
Old 08-29-2018, 01:41 AM

There he goes! That is actually potentially incredible value. We might look back at that pick and marvel how dumb we all were to pass on him so much.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:51 AM

2.06 George Kittle, TE, SF

Anybody interested in trading up to 2.12? I'd like an rb upgrade and an end round pick

Last edited by Overly Sentimental; 08-29-2018 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Dee View Post

Yeah, that's a good pick there. He was in the running for 1.06 until I saw that he's been basically a complete disappointment to his team, but there's plenty of time to recover. His college highlights look good.

I've been too busy over the last few days to comment on the draft so far, so let's catch up.

Quote:
dalej42 gives up:
Pick 1.01
Pick 3.01
Pick 5.01
2019 3rd round pick

Jules Andre gives up:
Russell Wilson, QB, Sea
Doug Baldwin, WR, Sea
Derrick Henry, RB, Ten
2019 1st round pick
This is obviously a huge one, and Jules does it again. I complimented him last week about really changing his team up to make it his, rather than sticking with what he inherited, and he's done an incredible job. Almost his whole roster was picked by him at this point - a totally new dynasty team made out of what he could get for scrapping the old one.

I like this trade for both teams. Dale needs a number of quality players more than he needs one star. Russell Wilson is, at worst, the 3rd best dynasty QB. Derrick Henry is a guy I think may be successful now that Murray is gone. And Doug Baldwin is pretty reliable. And he gets a first pick next year. I think he made a really good trade for his team.

Jules' team has greater depth and can afford to give away a few players, although I'm sure it hurts, if he thinks (like apparently everyone does) that Barkley is the second coming of LdT.

If anything, I like Dale's side of this a little bit (I'm not sold on Barkley being as good as he needs to be to justify this sort of cost) but since both teams had different needs, both teams got away with what they wanted. That's what trading should be - not trying to rip someone else off, but noticing that people have different strengths and weaknesses and helping each other make that situation better.

I also really appreciate how much Dale puts into his team year after year despite usually finishing near the bottom. I'm rooting for him to have a big year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bailey View Post
Trade Announcement

Hamlet gets:
Pick 1.03
Pick 1.11

Justin_Bailey gets:
Royce Freeman (DEN - RB)

With Pick 1.03, Hamlet is taking Reshaad Penny (SEA - RB)
I can see the logic behind this one, if you're super confident that Royce is the second best RB/RB situation in the draft, but it's a bit of a hefty price to jump what seems to be not to be a full tier jump. But I get it - this draft isn't super strong around the end of the first (although Kerryon ended up falling that far) but you could've had Penny or Michel or Chubb and Kerryon. I was pretty surprised - the draft-and-trade thing rarely happens.

Quote:
Call me crazy, but I legitimately think the Browns are going to be mediocre-at-worst this year, and bordering on actually good starting next year. So I'm all-in:

1.05 Ellis - Baker Mayfield, QB, Cle
Welcome, friend. All aboard.

I actually really like Mayfield. I think that if he was 3 inches taller, we'd talk about him as being one of the best prospects ever, but he's not, so people are pretty down on him. But he's worked his ass off for everything he's ever had. His teammates in college couldn't love him more. He's smart, determined, and now that the Browns have a real OC I hope that Hue won't ruin him. I was looking to move into the early second to grab Mayfield, so I was surprised when he came out this early. I don't know if I could've justified using my only pick in the first 30 or so picks on him, though.

Quote:
Jules Andre gives up:
Jordan Howard, RB, Chi
T.Y. Hilton, WR, Ind
Pick 2.10

SenorBeef gives up:
Lamar Miller, RB, Hou
Corey Davis, WR, Ten
Pick 1.06
Omni was pissed at this, which makes me happy. My benchmark for whether I did good or not used to be whether Stringer would get mad, but since he's not here now, Omni would you like to take over those duties?

Thinking this is way in my favor is short term thinking, though. It does probably make my team better in the next 2 years, but Jules may get the best of it after that. Corey Davis was probably the top WR prospect in 3 years and it's not like he's a bust - he was hurt, and started playing well at the end of the year. He could absolutely become one of the blue chip players who's ranked top 10 in dynasty every year. And he could do it for a decade. That's a big cost to give up for me.

In return, TY Hilton is very very good when his situation is good, and not very good when it isn't. Whether Luck can feed him the ball properly is going to be a gamble. He's 28, so he's not old, but he's a lot older than Davis. He'll start declining in 2-3 years.

Howard over Miller is an upgrade, but I think Miller will bounce back a bit this year so it's not that huge a gap. But I get better and younger at RB, so that's great.

Moving down from a late second to a mid first is not a small part of this trade. I could've ended up taking Chubb/Kerryon back to back, which is in retrospect sounds delicious.

Still, I'm quite sure I'm ready to contend. I was derailed by a Rodgers injury last year, but things are lining up for me including JOSH GORDON and I think I can make a championship run this year. I'm trading some future value to get players I hope to have star production now. And Jules takes a very long term view on these things even though he's only been in the league for a short while, which is good.

But I do have some inside information that makes this trade seem better - I saw a cell phone pick of Lamar Miller doing coke at a rave, and Corey Davis has the same condition that the guy in memento did and can only teach himself to play WR through conditioning.

Quote:
Petey gets Demaryius Thomas
SenorBeef gets pick 1.07

1.07 Nick Chubb, RB, Cleveland Browns
Feels a bit silly to trade out of the 1.06 and then trade for the 1.07. I did the same thing last year in the second round. I feel like with Josh Gordon coming back, and I'm hopeful about Martavis Bryant, Cameron Meredith, and Allen Robinson coming back (all gone last year) that I can replace that production and get younger. It does make me a little RB heavy - I had a good WR/RB balance before and now I feel like my WR depth is suffering a bit, but I'm happy with it.

Demaryius faced pretty much the worst case scenario for himself last year and still came out with almost 1000 yards. He's very steady, and Petey will get a few years of reliable high floor production out of him.

I kept going back and forth on Kerryon and Chubb. I mentioned that already. Kerryon passes the eye test better to me - I like his running style more. Chubb is just a size/speed guy. But then when I looked it up - he's a very good size/speed guy. 98th percentile SPARQ score.

It ended up coming down to...... if Kerryon is a star, and I don't take him, I can live with that. But if Chubb is a star, I have to watch him every week, since I'm watching Browns game, and see him putting up points that aren't for me.

More later.

Last edited by SenorBeef; 08-29-2018 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:16 AM

Quote:
But I do have some inside information that makes this trade seem better - I saw a cell phone pick of Lamar Miller doing coke at a rave, and Corey Davis has the same condition that the guy in memento did and can only teach himself to play WR through conditioning..
God damn it, I KNEW IT. Fold up the league. My team sucks and I've made a lot of shitty trades!!!!
Old 08-29-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's a good pick there. He was in the running for 1.06 until I saw that he's been basically a complete disappointment to his team, but there's plenty of time to recover. His college highlights look good.
As the proud owner of Peyton Barber, I've been relieved to see just how poorly RJII has performed this preseason (less than 1.5 yards per carry) and the problems he's reportedly having understanding the playbook. But teams don't use a second round pick on a guy and then write him off after some early struggles, so I envision him as a change of pace back for the rest of season. I don't think he'll ever be a lead back, which is fine in the second round of a rookie draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Beef
If anything, I like Dale's side of this a little bit (I'm not sold on Barkley being as good as he needs to be to justify this sort of cost) but since both teams had different needs, both teams got away with what they wanted. That's what trading should be - not trying to rip someone else off, but noticing that people have different strengths and weaknesses and helping each other make that situation better.
I agree with this sentiment. Losing Wilson when you have Wentz and Garropolo is fine. Losing Henry when you have Fournette and Mixon may be fine. Losing Baldwin when you have Cooper and Diggs may be fine. But to give all three up for an unproven commodity at a position with such a limited shelf life is begging for trouble.

As I described it earlier, Jules is clearly swinging for the fences. He needs Fournette to continue to get double digit touchdowns and Mixon to improve dramatically on his 3.5 ypc. He needs Cooper to be a true #1 WR and Diggs to outplay Theilen. He needs Wentz to be healthy and productive. And now he needs Barkley to be a once in a decade RB. If everything works out for him, he'll have an amazing, young team.

But things rarely work out that well. We will see though. It's what makes fantasy football interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef
I can see the logic behind this one, if you're super confident that Royce is the second best RB/RB situation in the draft, but it's a bit of a hefty price to jump what seems to be not to be a full tier jump. But I get it - this draft isn't super strong around the end of the first (although Kerryon ended up falling that far) but you could've had Penny or Michel or Chubb and Kerryon. I was pretty surprised - the draft-and-trade thing rarely happens.
I was all in on drafting Penny as soon as I realized I had the #2 pick. Then the preseason started. Freeman came on as the starter in Denver, and Penny got injured and couldn't overtake Carson for the #1 role. I was completely torn. Freeman doesn't have the burst and speed to be a true gamechanger, but he's been highly productive and is in a much better position. So I reluctantly went with Freeman. When Justin Bailey made the offer, it was right up my alley. I got an additional first round pick, which is sorely needed to rebuild my depth with young talent, for giving up one side of a coin toss. If I loved Freeman more, or loved Penny less, I wouldn't have made the trade.

Quote:
I actually really like Mayfield. I think that if he was 3 inches taller, we'd talk about him as being one of the best prospects ever, but he's not, so people are pretty down on him. But he's worked his ass off for everything he's ever had. His teammates in college couldn't love him more. He's smart, determined, and now that the Browns have a real OC I hope that Hue won't ruin him. I was looking to move into the early second to grab Mayfield, so I was surprised when he came out this early. I don't know if I could've justified using my only pick in the first 30 or so picks on him, though.
That's just it too. Mayfield was a "my guy" and I think he'll be, at worst, a fine NFL QB. But from a pure value standpoint, 1.05 is way too early for a rookie QB, especially with the number of them available.

Quote:
Omni was pissed at this, which makes me happy. My benchmark for whether I did good or not used to be whether Stringer would get mad, but since he's not here now, Omni would you like to take over those duties?

Thinking this is way in my favor is short term thinking, though. It does probably make my team better in the next 2 years, but Jules may get the best of it after that. Corey Davis was probably the top WR prospect in 3 years and it's not like he's a bust - he was hurt, and started playing well at the end of the year. He could absolutely become one of the blue chip players who's ranked top 10 in dynasty every year. And he could do it for a decade. That's a big cost to give up for me.
Key word: Could. You got two every week starters for moving down a round and giving up a "Could" who hasn't had a 100 yard game or a single touchdown. Hell, I just drafted two "coulds" WR's. That was a good trade for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor
Feels a bit silly to trade out of the 1.06 and then trade for the 1.07.
You gave up Demaryius, a thirty year old WR whose targets, yards, ypc, and tds has gone down each of the last three years and whose team just drafted his replacement. He's got one, maybe two, more years of WR2 production in him. Not a bad price for the 7th pick. Chubb was on my radar, and was, to my mind, the BPA available there. Nice get.

I must say, it's been a very interesting draft so far. My team is waaaaaaayyyyyy RB heavy now, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Last edited by Hamlet; 08-29-2018 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

Since this is my only pick, I might as well Ricky Williams it.

2.07 Lamar Jackson, QB, Bal
Old 08-29-2018, 01:24 PM

Pick 2.08 Tre'Quan Smith WR NO

Can someone send a PM for me? I'm on a phone.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:28 PM

No worries, I'm logged in. Give me a minute.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:37 PM

2.09 Keelan Cole, WR, Jac
Old 08-29-2018, 01:39 PM

I'm on. Coming in a bit.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Dee View Post

PM sent to Overly Sentimental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Andre View Post
There he goes! That is actually potentially incredible value. We might look back at that pick and marvel how dumb we all were to pass on him so much.
I mean...the reports out of camp and the preseason performance are about as bad as they can be. I considered him but, he just screams bust.

Jordan Howard had a really poor preseason and couldn't catch as well....but he wasn't getting shit on by his coaches at the same time.

Well see....but I'm not buying it.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I gotchu fam.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:47 PM

Sorry, hard decision between Darnold and Rosen. I didn't expect both to be here. Rankings seem split about 50/50. Seems like Darnold has the higher ceiling and the direct path to starting, but a worse situation. Arizona is a good situation for a rookie QB, but Bradford is pretty good ahead of him, but breaks a lot and so he'll probably get a chance. Pick coming within 15 or so minutes, just doing some last minute watching.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I gotchu fam.
Is that English? It looks like it should be English, but it makes no sense to me.

And get offa my lawn.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
If you think Corey Davis is Julio Jones, then this trade is certainly a very fair trade, and probably slightly tilted in your favor. I think that assessment is utterly insane and you need to get your meds checked.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:52 PM

Not necesarily Julio Jones. Maybe a young TY Hilton

Even if he's Allen Robinson or so, that'd still be a pretty fair trade I think. You're not accounting for age or situation enough, at least on the WRs.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Davis was hurt last year.....but was also on the field for 89% of the teams passing plays in his 12 full games. He caught only 34 of his 64 targets for zero TDs with a 20% share of targets. That's a big enough body of work to seriously undermine this idea that he's going to ever be a WR1. If you think he's going to be AR15 or even TY, you're doing it on pure faith in spite of the tape he's put up. He's not a rookie, we have an idea of what he actually is, and it's not good.

Running back age is WAY WAY more important than WR age. Hilton can be productive for 5-6 more year. Miller can't. It's a real possibility that Hilton puts up more fantasy points in the remainder of his career than Davis does, and I think a betting man might say the odds favor it.

Last edited by Omniscient; 08-29-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:08 PM

There was also a time where WR weren't expecting to actually contribute until year 3. This changed when we started seeing the OBJ, AB, etc. where we think all WR rookies better produce or they're a bust.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:12 PM

Alright alright.

2.10 Sam Darnold, QB, NYJ

RNATB is up. Sending PM.

Last edited by SenorBeef; 08-29-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:16 PM

I learned nothing from rankings and preseason footage.

The preseason footage for Darnold is him through endless RB flares and easy crossing routes. Stuff anyone could hit against second team defenses. Nothing exceptional about him stood out, but he didn't have much of a chance either.

Rosen's situation in Ari at least with the second team doesn't look as good as I thought - his WRs could not get open. He kept throwing to a covered WR, and I'm not sure if that's because he couldn't make progressions or because everyone was covered so he just picked one and tried to force a pass. He kept throwing passes that were almost great passes but not quite. Picked throwing lanes poorly. Locked on too much.

Can't tell them much apart on arm strength, Darnold has much better mobility.

So, eh, I had to pick one. I picked the one I liked pre-draft. I could very well be wrong on this one and the other one goes on to be a star.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I learned nothing from rankings and preseason footage.

The preseason footage for Darnold is him through endless RB flares and easy crossing routes. Stuff anyone could hit against second team defenses. Nothing exceptional about him stood out, but he didn't have much of a chance either.

Rosen's situation in Ari at least with the second team doesn't look as good as I thought - his WRs could not get open. He kept throwing to a covered WR, and I'm not sure if that's because he couldn't make progressions or because everyone was covered so he just picked one and tried to force a pass. He kept throwing passes that were almost great passes but not quite. Picked throwing lanes poorly. Locked on too much.

Can't tell them much apart on arm strength, Darnold has much better mobility.

So, eh, I had to pick one. I picked the one I liked pre-draft. I could very well be wrong on this one and the other one goes on to be a star.
The Jets just traded Bridgewater to the Saints. I think you made the right (and easy) choice.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:36 PM

Don't have much choice with the trash left on this board.

2.11 Josh Rosen, QB - Ari. I'll PM Overly.

Last edited by Really Not All That Bright; 08-29-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:09 PM

Quick Update:

2018 Draft

1.01 Jules - Saquon Barkley, RB, NYG
1.02 Justin - Royce Freeman, RB, Den
1.03 Hamlet - Rashaad Penny, RB, SEA
1.04 Omni - Sony Michel, RB, NE
1.05 Ellis - Baker Mayfield, QB, Cle
1.06 Jules - DJ Moore, WR, Car
1.07 Beef - Nick Chubb, RB, Cle
1.08 Retro - Courtland Sutton, WR, Den
1.09 Gaffer - Derrius Guice, RB, Was
1.10 Jules - James Washington, WR, Pit
1.11 Jules - Anthony Miller, WR, Chi
1.12 Overly - Kerryon Johnson, RB, Det

2.01 dale - Calvin Ridley, WR, Atl
2.02 Hamlet - Michael Gallup, WR, Dal
2.03 Hamlet - Christian Kirk, WR, Ari
2.04 Omni - Jordan Wilkins, RB, Ind
2.05 Ellis - Ronald Jones II, RB, TB
2.06 Overly - George Kittle, TE, SF
2.07 Petey - Lamar Jackson, QB, Bal
2.08 Retro - TreQuan Smith, WR, NO
2.09 Gaffer - Keelan Cole, WR, Jax
2.10 Beef - Sam Darnold, QB, NYJ
2.11 RNATB - Josh Rosen, QB, Ari
2.12 Overly -

3.01 Jules -
3.02 Hamlet -
3.03 RNATB -
3.04 Omni -
3.05 Ellis -
3.06 Beef -
3.08 Retro -
3.09 Gaffer -
3.10 Hamlet -
3.11 RNATB -
3.12 Beef -

4.01 dale -
4.02 Jules -
4.03 Justin -
4.04 Omni -
4.05 Ellis -
4.08 Retro -
4.09 Gaffer -

5.01 Jules -
5.02 Hamlet -
5.03 Justin -
5.04 Omni -
5.09 Gaffer -

6.02 Justin -
6.04 Omni -
Old 08-29-2018, 05:34 PM

Other than Josh Allen I know nothing about anyone in the rest of this draft.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:39 PM

Just know that I really, really wanted Tre'Quan Smith even though I don't need a WR and I will make it my personal mission to destroy Retro for taking him.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:05 PM

I was hoping to grab him in the 3rd before the pre-season started. Once he flashed some real ability in theast couple games I didn't think he drop much further. Especially with the unashamed homers we have in this league.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Other than Josh Allen I know nothing about anyone in the rest of this draft.
Yup. I feel like I'm just going to throw a dart when my turn comes back up again in the fourth round.

Though I feel better about trading up for Freeman now. I was eyeing what I thought was an early flyer on Baker Mayfield at 1.11, but that was apparently never going to happen.

Though I'm a little bummed I missed a shot at Michael Gallup too. Good pick up by Hamlet.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:45 PM

I have three picks left, and three guys I want. I'm betting one of them goes right now, the next at 3.09, and the last right before my last pick.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:18 PM

2.12 J. Kelly, RB, LAR
Old 08-29-2018, 07:29 PM

I'm here, but I'm at work so I just need a few minutes.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:23 PM

Agonized over this pick, because I suspect I know who Hamlet is going to take. In the event I'm wrong, standing offer to swap my 4.02 for your current pick, and my 2019 2nd for your 2019 3rd until my guy is off the board.

Gotta go for the tantalizing upside, even if it might be a bit of a reach. Pick 3.01 Chris Warren III, RB, Oak

Pm sent to Hamlet

Last edited by Jules Andre; 08-29-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:52 PM

Gentlemen - I'm leaving work and travelling tonight, back online in the morning. (I don't pick until 3.09, just an FYI if you're waiting)
Old 08-29-2018, 09:06 PM

3.02 Mike Gesicki, TE, Miami

I need a TE, and he's the best option that doesn't have a stress fracture in his foot. Here's hoping my other two guys make it to me.

I'll PM RNATB.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:18 PM

Got to take an RB sooner or later, and this guy seems to have the easiest path to playing time.

3.03 Kalen Ballage, RB, Miami

PMing Omni.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroVertigo View Post
I was hoping to grab him in the 3rd before the pre-season started. Once he flashed some real ability in theast couple games I didn't think he drop much further. Especially with the unashamed homers we have in this league.
It actually wouldn't have been a homer pick for me, even though he played for the Undefeated National Champions (TM). I watched every one of his college games and I've never seen a big receiver create that kind of separation at any level. He was wide open on practically half his routes, but he also has the speed and strength to win contested balls. He's going to be a stud from day 1.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
It actually wouldn't have been a homer pick for me, even though he played for the Undefeated National Champions (TM). I watched every one of his college games and I've never seen a big receiver create that kind of separation at any level. He was wide open on practically half his routes, but he also has the speed and strength to win contested balls. He's going to be a stud from day 1.
Sounds like Homer-talk.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Davis was hurt last year.....but was also on the field for 89% of the teams passing plays in his 12 full games. He caught only 34 of his 64 targets for zero TDs with a 20% share of targets. That's a big enough body of work to seriously undermine this idea that he's going to ever be a WR1. If you think he's going to be AR15 or even TY, you're doing it on pure faith in spite of the tape he's put up. He's not a rookie, we have an idea of what he actually is, and it's not good.
See, this quote is where you lose me, because I think you've gone so far into defending your taek that you've lost your mind.

You seriously think you can determine the future of a player based on 64 targets in an injury-shortened season? Okay, let's play. What about these players? Did any of these rookie seasons lead to a good player?

Code:
Tgt	Rec	Yds	YpR	TDs	C%
65	34	375	11.00	0	52.3%
66	38	446	11.74	3	57.6%
44	23	283	12.30	1	52.3%
69	40	418	10.45	4	58.0%
I'll give you the first one for free, that's Corey Davis.

You admit first that Davis was hurt, but then mention his stats as if they are objective proof he's a bust, while completely discounting that you just admitted that he was hurt. This isn't an on/off thing. Hurt if you miss a game, Healthy if you play. In the same way that people criticize Fournette for only running for 3.88 yards per carry. Bust! Except he ran for 4.6 yards per carry before getting hurt, then played hurt the rest of the season and ran for 3.2 in those games.

And then you say defending him is a matter of "pure faith in spite of the tape he's put up." But...he didn't put up bad tape. What you've quoted are just empty numbers, devoid of context. His tape proves he was still creating separation and getting open, but it also happened that Mariota was struggling immensely and they were both constrained within an archaic, unimaginative offense. Which is changing, just like it is for Howard. To be fair, I think Mariota is the biggest hurdle to Davis becoming a stud WR. Mariota might suck really bad.

It is just plainly wrong to say with even a hint of certainty that we know what Davis is.

Quote:
Running back age is WAY WAY more important than WR age. Hilton can be productive for 5-6 more year. Miller can't. It's a real possibility that Hilton puts up more fantasy points in the remainder of his career than Davis does, and I think a betting man might say the odds favor it.
Are you saying that Hilton will put up more fantasy points than Davis from 2018 to the end of their respective careers? Because I'll take that bet a thousand times, that's absurd.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:58 AM
Charter Member

Was really wanting John Kelly. That pick stung. I'll fall back on...

3.04 Ito Smith, RB, Atl

PM Sent.