Old 10-05-2019, 07:40 PM

Let's all pit the "Eat the babies" woman.

In case you're living under a rock a woman got up at an AOC town hall and did a bizarre rant about eating babies. Here's a story on the subject.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...troll-larouche

Donny Jr. tweeted about in basically saying that she's a typical leftist. Daddy called AOC a "wack job", as if a Congressperson is somehow responsible for everything some rando says at one of her town halls.

But the joke was on them. She was a Larouche plant. (He may be gone, but his "organization" endures.) And of course FOX joined in. Still, kind of nice to see them caring (or at least pretending to) about folks who've actually been born. A nice distraction it was from the latest trump scandal and nobody is talking about his idea of feeding them to the alligators in a "border moot", rendering that one, at least, a moat point.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...-or-alligators

She tries to troll AOC and ends up letting the righties demonstrate that they don't have the collective brain cells needed to spot an obvious ringer.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

I dunno, nice, plump milk-fed babies might make a change from veal.

Mmmm, schnitzel anyone?
Old 10-05-2019, 07:50 PM

Not very original, is it? Swift did it better.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
Not very original, is it? Swift did it better.
Yes he did. And with more class.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:54 PM

Don't worry, in about a week we'll have Slacker and Sage Rat getting to the bottom of this baby eating cult story.

Last edited by Chingon; 10-05-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:56 PM

Soylent Green is babies!
Old 10-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Riiiiiiiiibs! DRIPPING WITH SAUCE! Falling off the bone!
Old 10-05-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Soylent Green is babies!

Just stay away from the Soylent Brown.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:09 PM
Charter Member

In another thread in Mundane and pointless stuff, a poster thought that I was strange for pointing out that concentrating on draconian population control strawmen was done by many on the right in an ignorant attempt at discrediting people that want to prevent the climate or the environment from going bad.

Seems that even the wackos are in tune with the right wing media too.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Soylent Green is babies!
It's a Cookbook "To Serve Babies"

Every once in a while, some anti-abortion person claims that the abortionist eats the fetal parts, but this never is proven.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:37 PM

Seems like they would be a high fat, low protein choice--an even worse choice than an adult.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
Seems like they would be a high fat, low protein choice--an even worse choice than an adult.
Yes, but it's healthy brown fat. Mmmm-mmmh!
Old 10-05-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
In case you're living under a rock a woman got up at an AOC town hall and did a bizarre rant about eating babies. Here's a story on the subject.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...troll-larouche

Donny Jr. tweeted about in basically saying that she's a typical leftist. Daddy called AOC a "wack job", as if a Congressperson is somehow responsible for everything some rando says at one of her town halls.

But the joke was on them. She was a Larouche plant. (He may be gone, but his "organization" endures.) And of course FOX joined in. Still, kind of nice to see them caring (or at least pretending to) about folks who've actually been born. A nice distraction it was from the latest trump scandal and nobody is talking about his idea of feeding them to the alligators in a "border moot", rendering that one, at least, a moat point.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...-or-alligators

She tries to troll AOC and ends up letting the righties demonstrate that they don't have the collective brain cells needed to spot an obvious ringer.
Right wingers are just simply psychotic fucking out of touch idiots. God, it's nice not to be one of them.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Right wingers are just simply psychotic fucking out of touch idiots. God, it's nice not to be one of them.
Right Winger chiming in.

While I don't like AOC (Particularly the G.N.D. Pipe Dream) that comment/display at her rally was obnoxious and disgusting.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1 View Post
Right Winger chiming in.

While I don't like AOC (Particularly the G.N.D. Pipe Dream) that comment/display at her rally was obnoxious and disgusting.
And it had nothing to do with AOC. How bout dem apples?
The commenter was just another psychotic fucking right winger. If you'll pardon the redundancy.

Last edited by bobot; 10-05-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
And it had nothing to do with AOC. How bout dem apples?
The commenter was just another psychotic fucking right winger. If you'll pardon the redundancy.
The LaRouche movement is not right wing nor left wing. It started from the radical left and a number of the adherents ran as Democrats in the 70s and 80s (as the US Labor Party, and later the National Democratic Policy Committee. But regardless of that, it’s not left wing, and more often resembles the right wing (though again it’s not).

It’s like a weird mix of Marxism, Neoconservative ideals, and fascism. I know people call the Republicans a party of Nazis, but the LaRouche folks are a lot closer. Including open and blatant paranoid anti-Semitism.

They oppose colonialism and foreign wars (strongly opposing UN sanctions against Iraq and the first Gulf War), but they want to lift up third world countries by exporting technology and education to them. They want to colonize Mars, establish a massive beam weapon system in space for defense (like Reagan’s “Star Wars” program) and get rid of nukes and all ICMBs.

They were the group that infamously compared Obama to Hitler (even Rush Limbaugh called them out on that). They also called George W Bush a “mental defective”. They repeatedly clash with the FBI, and in 1988 LaRouche and 25 associates were convicted of fraud. They run an extensive worldwide private intelligence system, and often act as agent provocateurs (this incident with AOC is typical).

Dismissing them as “right wingers” is pitifully naive.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
The LaRouche movement is not right wing nor left wing. It started from the radical left and a number of the adherents ran as Democrats in the 70s and 80s (as the US Labor Party, and later the National Democratic Policy Committee. But regardless of that, it’s not left wing, and more often resembles the right wing (though again it’s not).

It’s like a weird mix of Marxism, Neoconservative ideals, and fascism. I know people call the Republicans a party of Nazis, but the LaRouche folks are a lot closer. Including open and blatant paranoid anti-Semitism.

They oppose colonialism and foreign wars (strongly opposing UN sanctions against Iraq and the first Gulf War), but they want to lift up third world countries by exporting technology and education to them. They want to colonize Mars, establish a massive beam weapon system in space for defense (like Reagan’s “Star Wars” program) and get rid of nukes and all ICMBs.

They were the group that infamously compared Obama to Hitler (even Rush Limbaugh called them out on that). They also called George W Bush a “mental defective”. They repeatedly clash with the FBI, and in 1988 LaRouche and 25 associates were convicted of fraud. They run an extensive worldwide private intelligence system, and often act as agent provocateurs (this incident with AOC is typical).

Dismissing them as “right wingers” is pitifully naive.
Baby Eater!
Old 10-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Don't forget their big recurring conspiracy rant about the Brits trying to re-establish their world hegemony through controlling everything nefarious that goes on. They have been in the last couple of years having a field day with the Christopher Steele story (of course they detest Robert Mueller as he had a major role in busting Larouche back in the day).

Last edited by JRDelirious; 10-06-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Right Winger chiming in.

Try reading the thread before taking a dump in it-What is obnoxious and disgusting is that some right-wing nutjobs staged the event to make AOC look bad. Got anything to say about them?
Old 10-06-2019, 01:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Right Winger chiming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Try reading the thread before taking a dump in it-What is obnoxious and disgusting is that some right-wing nutjobs staged the event to make AOC look bad. Got anything to say about them?
I'm pretty sure that's what he was doing. "The display" is what he refers to as "obnoxious and disgusting", not "AOC".

Last edited by Smapti; 10-06-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
I'm pretty sure that's what he was doing. "The display" is what he refers to as "obnoxious and disgusting", not "AOC".
Exactly. I found the baby comment abhorrent, not AOC. And to answer others; yes those who endorsed that comment and rode with it are assholes too.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Right Winger chiming in.

Would agree that the people who are responsible for this charade are more of a threat to the American dream and mom's apple pie than Ms. Ocasio-Cortez ever will be?
That the people distorting this story obviously have an agenda that does not serve the public interests?

The timing suggests some people had their tweets prepared. (At the very least they alerted each other to the story) Does that show them to be obnoxious and disgusting?
Old 10-07-2019, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Librarian View Post
Would agree that the people who are responsible for this charade are more of a threat to the American dream and mom's apple pie than Ms. Ocasio-Cortez ever will be?
That the people distorting this story obviously have an agenda that does not serve the public interests?

The timing suggests some people had their tweets prepared. (At the very least they alerted each other to the story) Does that show them to be obnoxious and disgusting?
Yes. I would agree for the most part. She probably was confused by the dumbass heckler and they took her (AOC) lack of proper answer to be an acknowledgement, I suppose trolls exist in person too. I actually give AOC credit and respect for her passion in her pursuits, as misguided as I believe some of them may be. She at least has passion, unlike so many congresscritters..

Last edited by anomalous1; 10-07-2019 at 04:20 AM. Reason: .,
Old 10-07-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Yes. I would agree for the most part. She probably was confused by the dumbass heckler and they took her (AOC) lack of proper answer to be an acknowledgement, I suppose trolls exist in person too. I actually give AOC credit and respect for her passion in her pursuits, as misguided as I believe some of them may be. She at least has passion, unlike so many congresscritters..
I actually think that's why a lot of them hate her, because she reminds them of when they actually stood for something. But as a younger person she knows the meme about not feeding trolls and that the best way to react for someone looking for a reaction is to not react at all.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:22 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Since when is it wrong to eat babies? Like I'm gonna stop.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
Since when is it wrong to eat babies? Like I'm gonna stop.
In much of the world, package labels bear images of the contents. Gerber Babies are well-know globally as American fast-food. Thus those not raised according to Dr Spock (and who never voted for him) can be excused for their confusion. As Korzybski may have said, "The map is not the territory and the label is not the product."

OTOH many GOPs are known to devour young-uns not their own. I saw that somewhere.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:34 PM

God damn fucking Larouche.

When I was a more active admin on Wikipedia it was a nightmare dealing with his fanatics. They are a cult, no exaggeration. Not a political movement. Total fucking wackos.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:57 AM

Enough with the Swiftboating already.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Enough with the Swiftboating already.
Add enough baby recipes and it becomes gravyboating.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:58 AM

I have found tweens to be tastier than babies. But they're harder to catch.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panache45 View Post
You gotta wait until they're around 15 or so, getting all mopey and angsty, storming off to their room all the time and being really sure nobody knows they're smoking weed. Easy to trap then.

OTOH, baby leather is much softer.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
You gotta wait until they're around 15 or so, getting all mopey and angsty, storming off to their room all the time and being really sure nobody knows they're smoking weed. Easy to trap then.
If you're lucky, you can just have them declared brain dead and then harvest the leather after a safe euthanization.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panache45 View Post
What's best is that they are beat by only the elderly when it comes to unlikelihood that they will be missed.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

But tween leather is more durable, so I guess it depends on whether you’re looking to make a chamois to polish your Beemer, or a pair of riding boots...
Old 10-06-2019, 10:45 AM

I'm trying to figure out how people find tweens harder to capture. All it takes is marketing a app on their phone telling them the party is in your kitchen.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:47 PM

Olaf: Bar maid! Bring me stronger ale! And some plump, succulent babies to eat!
Old 10-06-2019, 04:07 PM

Trolls gonna troll. What makes me despair are the right-wing "she hasn't denounced baby-eating!" jerks.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don't mind me View Post
Trolls gonna troll. What makes me despair are the right-wing "she hasn't denounced baby-eating!" jerks.
They're either ill-informed, trolling cunts or disingenuous assholes. Either way, it's a good signal that they're worth ignoring entirely. Don't despair, thank them for saving your valuable time.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don't mind me View Post
She has not? Well, let me do it for her then: I denounce baby eating! So, done. Wasn't that difficult...
Old 10-07-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardel-Lux View Post
She has not? Well, let me do it for her then: I denounce baby eating! So, done. Wasn't that difficult...
Don't toss babies out! Stew them with veggies in Marukome Boy miso paste. Yes, paste-em and taste-em, don't waste-em!

Last edited by RioRico; 10-07-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioRico View Post
Don't toss babies out! Stew them with veggies in Marukome Boy miso paste. Yes, paste-em and taste-em, don't waste-em!
Sorry! I will heed your advice next time, you sound convincing. It rhymes, so it must be true. Do you have any recipes? Should I apply the miso paste after the cooking or should I marinate them beforehand?
Old 10-07-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardel-Lux View Post
Eh, I'm still on the fence. What's the downside?
Old 10-07-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Eh, I'm still on the fence. What's the downside?
See reply #8 by Darren Garrison: They are not very healthy.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:52 PM
A Rather Dubious Fellow Indeed

Most of the fat renders off during cooking. Not a major concern.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:56 PM

Helga Zepp-LaRouche

His widow.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
For some reason I thought that she had predeceased him.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:12 PM

Here’s an example of how complicated LaRouche thought is and why it doesn’t fall along left-right sides.

They believe that there should be no conflict with Middle Eastern extremism (Taliban, Al Qaeda, Islamic State). They feel that there should be an open dialogue between them and western powers and that the war against terrorism is misguided and wrong. Okay, that sounds like they might be leftist.

But then when you go further, they believe that dialogue needs to be opened so that the west can educate and reform the people of the Middle East and bring civilization to them.

So how do you classify that?
Old 10-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Charter Member

I have heard this mentioned twice - once was on a conservative-leaning talk show I listen to on the way to work, and the SDMB. The talk show hosts mocked Baby-Eating Lady, and in much the same way as the SDMB.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 10-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Don't eat babies yourselves. Feed them to endangered carnivores, let the cats develop a taste for human flesh.

[Edit: Fine, fine, sharks. We have to share the land with the cats.]

Last edited by foolsguinea; 10-08-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:52 AM
Elephant Whisperer

When eating babies is outlawed, only outlaws will eat babies.