Old 12-23-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
Humanists like Monty aren't fictional people, they have a specific creed with a statement of faith as I just showed you.
Cite that Monty claimed allegiance to this group? Is this just another Calico Jack lie?
Old 12-23-2016, 05:08 PM

"Oh woe is me, I'm being oppressed and exiled!"
Old 12-23-2016, 05:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Cite that Monty claimed allegiance to this group? Is this just another Calico Jack lie?
Never said he "claimed it", in fact I mentioned the intentional aversion that Humanists have about identifying with their ideology is why Humanism bears some semblance to a cult.

Seems like the average humanist will only identify as "atheist" in public instead of with what they actually do believe.

http://www.theness.com/index.php/the-prey-of-cults/

There is one characteristic, however, that all true cults seem to share, and that is the deliberate use of deception. The details of their belief system are revealed to recruits only in stages, calculated to draw them in, step by step, without scaring them off up front. You have to reach the inner circle (level 5) of Scientology, for example, before you learn that we are all allegedly possessed by the banished spirits of alien beings, and that this is the true cause of human suffering. Mainstream beliefs, rather, are completely up front with their beliefs and make no attempt to conceal them.

So what's with all these Humanists, like the American Atheists group and whatnot being deceptive, and presenting themselves just as "atheists" up front, rather than just being up front with their secular humanist ideology?

Last edited by Calico Jack; 12-23-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:09 PM

Calico Jack, you've been here less than a month, and already you seem determined to gain a reputation as a fabricator. Why would you want to be known as a liar?
Old 12-23-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Never said he "claimed it", in fact I mentioned the intentional aversion that Humanists have about identifying with their ideology is why Humanism bears some semblance to a cult.

Seems like the average humanist will only identify as "atheist" in public instead of with what they actually do believe.
So just another lie, then. If you don't want to be known as a liar, then stop lying about other posters. Argue with what they say, not what you infer or invent about them.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
So just another lie, then. If you don't want to be known as a liar, then stop lying about other posters. Argue with what they say, not what you infer or invent about them.
If it looks like a duck, it's a duck. He's saying the exact same type of thinks that secular humanists regularly argue, so no reason to assume he's not another Humanist, just like the majority of "atheist organizations" are.

They intentionally avoid identifying as Humanist just to avoid having their beliefs come under fire; if they just identify as "atheist" they can dodge criticism by just rebutting that "atheism isn't a religion", but atheism is what they don't believe, not what they do believe.

Last edited by Calico Jack; 12-23-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:16 PM

He's a lying liar who lies. I think that's pretty clear.

And that's why I object to you, Calico Jack. I dislike liars, as I said in the post you quoted. Trying to cast aspersions on people who object to your lies (or on their husbands) is not likely to do you any favors.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Calico Jack, you've been here less than a month, and already you seem determined to gain a reputation as a fabricator. Why would you want to be known as a liar?
Who's fabricating anything? Ideologically he's a secular Humanist as far as I can tell, and probably believes natural sciences are the key to solving human problems, therefore me arguing for a higher intelligence than humans went against his views.

I mean if I'm wrong he's free to state what his beliefs are, but "atheism" isn't a belief, just a lack thereof. But atheists of course still have belief systems, even if it doesn't involve a God.

Last edited by Calico Jack; 12-23-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Deflection is more efficient when one simply lies as quickly as they can. This character decides what the truth is and goes from there.

I'm 75% sure it's Cheshire Human. Schools are out for the holidays so it could be one of those bored college kids who've discovered something they think no one Takes Seriously. Anything's possible.
What do you suppose will come first, their banning or their boredom?

Last edited by Nawth Chucka; 12-23-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Why not? He's already known as a troll, a fuckwit, a gibbering moron, a pompous ass, and a thread-shitter, so "liar" completes the package quite nicely.
Quote:
... So not only was he calling for censorship but was straight up lying about me and claiming I was arguing that "evolution isn't real". Just a militant Humanist trying to silence someone who doesn't tow his philosophical line.
You "toe" the line, fuckwit -- "towing" is what you do to cars and water skiers.

But I am rather amused by the ideas elucidated here and in your various diatribes that I glanced at before I stopped wasting my time, that "humanists" (a word that you must have read somewhere recently, because you use it a lot even though you don't know what it means) are some sort of dogmatists promoting biological evolution. Apparently any physicist who "believes" in gravity or quantum mechanics must be some kind of iconoclastic heathen. You really are a fucked-up moron.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawth Chucka View Post
Deflection is more efficient when one simply lies as quickly as they can. This character decides what the truth is and goes from there.

I'm 75% sure it's Cheshire Human. Schools are out for the holidays so it could be one of those bored college kids who've discovered something they think no one Takes Seriously. Anything's possible.
What do you suppose will come first, their banning or their boredom?
Well you haven't pointed out any violations I've made, so looks like you just want an echo chamber where anyone who doesn't agree with you is banned, well best of luck wasting your holiday trying to get me banned if it means that much to you, mate.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Well you haven't pointed out any violations I've made, so looks like you just want an echo chamber where anyone who doesn't agree with you is banned, well best of luck wasting your holiday trying to get me banned if it means that much to you, mate.
I am so much not your mate in any sense of the word. But thanks for the warning from a deliberate time waster that I should not waste my own time. Take a hard look at that obvious double standard and decide if that's the person you want to be.
You want to appear as though you chose to join this membership, yet you disdain and condescend to it? It's a shitty and unbelievable premise to start from and if it walks like a duck...
Old 12-23-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Who's fabricating anything? Ideologically he's a secular Humanist as far as I can tell, and probably believes natural sciences are the key to solving human problems, therefore me arguing for a higher intelligence than humans went against his views.

I mean if I'm wrong he's free to state what his beliefs are, but "atheism" isn't a belief, just a lack thereof. But atheists of course still have belief systems, even if it doesn't involve a God.
So you're determined to make things up about other posters, content in your own supposed expertise in these belief systems which no poster here has identified as.

I'm less than convinced, and I tend to think you're just another liar. Certainly a much simpler explanation than that you happen to have a perfect understanding of these posters as well as their supposed belief system.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
So you're determined to make things up about other posters, content in your own supposed expertise in these belief systems which no poster here has identified as.

I'm less than convinced, and I tend to think you're just another liar. Certainly a much simpler explanation than that you happen to have a perfect understanding of these posters as well as their supposed belief system.
Well I'm convinced if you're a guy who proposed to women who's vocabulary stops at "Thats, like, sooo fucking weird!" then you don't have very high standards, if weren't going to continue to derail things.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Well I'm convinced if you're a guy who proposed to women who's vocabulary stops at "Thats, like, sooo fucking weird!" then you don't have very high standards, if weren't going to continue to derail things.
What does this have to do with me? What the hell are you talking about?
Old 12-23-2016, 06:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
What does this have to do with me? What the hell are you talking about?
Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else
Old 12-23-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Since you confuse whose with who's, yeah prolly.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
So an idiot as well as a misogynistic liar? Want to say something racist too?
Old 12-23-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
No one is trying to get you banned. Getting banned is a self effort. Mods don't care what we think, they have their own standards.

Oh, and PALATR is more appropriate when describing what we're doing.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
So an idiot as well as a misogynistic liar? Want to say something racist too?
No I'm not a whipped little worm like you are who's still afraid that mommy will give him a spankwing for saywing something wacist.

And then wonders why "nice guys" like him got passed over by girls for all the "douchebag jocks" and probably has repressed misogynistic urges because of it like Elliot Rogers or Norman Bates, lmao

But hey it'd be way more easy to insult your race if I knew what type of 'untermensh' you are to start with, worm, lol

Last edited by Calico Jack; 12-23-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
No one is trying to get you banned. Getting banned is a self effort. Mods don't care what we think, they have their own standards.

Oh, and PALATR is more appropriate when describing what we're doing.
Well princess you haven't pointed out any violations, other than you and some others apparently being butthurt over me insulting a stupid cartoon show.

So if that's the kind of crap that mods ban people over here for (but ignore posters who call out individual members as pedophiles), it's pretty pathetic. I'm hoping you're just BSing and that the mods aren't nearly as impartial as your threats imply.

Last edited by Calico Jack; 12-23-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:51 PM

I have no problem admitting I'm trying to get trolls banned. If you don't like that, stop trolling. It's not hard.

If they don't get banned, then people will keep on quoting them, which makes ignoring them less than effective.

Last edited by BigT; 12-23-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
No I'm not a whipped little worm like you are who's still afraid that mommy will give him a spankwing for saywing something wacist.

And then wonders why "nice guys" like him got passed over by girls for all the "douchebag jocks" and probably has repressed misogynistic urges because of it like Elliot Rogers or Norman Bates, lmao

But hey it'd be way more easy to insult your race if I knew what type of 'untermensh' you are to start with, worm, lol
Ahh, another internet psychic! A failed one, just like all the others, but it's always amusing to see idiots attempt to read minds through the web.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:

You overlook the fact that we're dealing with pure genius here. Calico Jack has come here to enlighten us with his far-reaching wisdom on a wide variety of topics, and who are you to question his awesome powers? Learn to let go, and let Calico teach you the meaning of life while he has time, before he has to go back to remedial high school after the holidays.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:00 PM

Well Sunny Daze, Jackie's really ramping up his troll cred exponentially lately, you could have been spot on with the 25th date, but I'm afraid the ban hammer will fall earlier. He's way past the usual half-life of obvious trolls, even for this board.

ETA: sorry mods, I wouldn't want your job, but would you please let me in your approved troll-dar squad? It wouldn't take so long then each time.

Last edited by EinsteinsHund; 12-23-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
You overlook the fact that we're dealing with pure genius here. Calico Jack has come here to enlighten us with his far-reaching wisdom on a wide variety of topics, and who are you to question his awesome powers? Learn to let go, and let Calico teach you the meaning of life while he has time, before he has to go back to remedial high school after the holidays.
Think his jackets smell like clove cigarettes?
Old 12-23-2016, 07:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Ahh, another internet psychic! A failed one, just like all the others, but it's always amusing to see idiots attempt to read minds through the web.
Idiot is a term for a mentally retarded person, you intolerant ableist
Old 12-23-2016, 07:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsHund View Post
Well Sunny Daze, Jackie's really ramping up his troll cred exponentially lately, you could have been spot on with the 25th date, but I'm afraid the ban hammer will fall earlier. He's way past the usual half-life of obvious trolls, even for this board.

ETA: sorry mods, I wouldn't want your job, but would you please let me in your approved troll-dar squad? It wouldn't take so long then.
You know there's a list of rules on this forum right?

Feel free to show the rules I've broken instead of just screaming "troll" or "banhammer" because something I said about "Bronies" got you all hot and bothered.

You guys must just still be hung up about Trump winning the election and need something to get offended over. Go to Democratic Undergroun d or DailyKos or somewhere if you want an echo chamber.

Last edited by Calico Jack; 12-23-2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Gee, Jack... did that hit close to home?
Old 12-23-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Apologies. You're a stupid, misogynistic liar, judging only by your posts.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
No one cares... go back to your safe space

Last edited by Calico Jack; 12-23-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
No one cares... go back to your safe space
What are you talking about, liar? Do you always inject random, unrelated concepts into conversations, or only on this board?
Old 12-23-2016, 07:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
What are you talking about, liar? Do you always inject random, unrelated concepts into conversations, or only on this board?
No, I really don't care, get over the fact that Trump won, I would've voted for Cruz, but it's pedantic progressives like you who sit around chanting "wacist, misogynist" like 'power words' who are the reason Trump won in a landslide. You're as bad as the evangelical Christians who chastize people for saying "Oh my God", no one likes you.

Last edited by Calico Jack; 12-23-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
No, I really don't care, get over the fact that Trump won, I would've voted for Cruz, but it's pedantic progressives like you who sit around chanting "wacist, misogynist" like 'power words' who are the reason Trump won in a landslide. You're as bad as the evangelical Christians who chastize people for saying "Oh my God", no one likes you.
What does any of this political stuff have to do with anything I've said? Where do you get this crap?
Old 12-23-2016, 07:30 PM

Wait, did I miss it, or are we still waiting for Calico Jack to link to someone wanting him banned for the post he referred to?

He's been so busy with post after post of insults (and many of them so random that they don't apply to anyone here), but he's made no effort to prove he wasn't lying?

If I'd made a claim and people thought I was making it up, I'd show them the proof and shut down the accusations. Well, if I had the proof...

But if I were lying all along and got called on it, and for some twisted reason couldn't admit it... yeah, then maybe I'd start insulting everyone with any taunt i could think of to distract everyone.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
You know there's a list of rules on this forum right?

Feel free to show the rules I've broken instead of just screaming "troll" or "banhammer" because something I said about "Bronies" got you all hot and bothered.
Hahaha, you're so precious a troll, I'll give it a seven. I'll let you in on a secret: I'm a 48 old single male, I've never watched a second of that pony show, but I have a hard on for Spongebob Squarepants, always had, I was hooked after the first episode I ever saw. I think it's one of the most clever TV shows I know and I laughed my ass off, and the miracle was always that my four year old nephew could enjoy the show as well as his then 38 year old uncle, though we mostly laughed at different times. So please analyze me: show what you can do! (but without mentioning Trump or humanism, that's a challenge for you)
Old 12-23-2016, 07:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsHund View Post
Hahaha, you're so precious a troll, I'll give it a seven. I'll let you in on a secret: I'm a 48 old single male, I've never watched a second of that pony show, but I have a hard on for Spongebob Squarepants, always had, I was hooked after the first episode I ever saw. I think it's one of the most clever TV shows I know and I laughed my ass off, and the miracle was always that my four year old nephew could enjoy the show as well as his then 38 year old uncle, though we mostly laughed at different times. So please analyze me: show what you can do! (but without mentioning Trump or humanism, that's a challenge for you)
TMI
Old 12-23-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
TMI
I give it a 1 for content, but a 9 for perfidy.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:

Please tell us more. It's fascinating!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Or you're just fucking stupid. I'll go with that.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Well princess you haven't pointed out any violations, other than you and some others apparently being butthurt over me insulting a stupid cartoon show.
Actually, I'm not concerned about who or what you've insulted. I'm just here to see who wins your meltdown pool. I have tomorrow, 9 PM Eastern. Please do it between then and 10 PM, I need the money. Thank you.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Or you're just fucking stupid. I'll go with that.
Would that I could offer a spirit... 5x distilled. Let that troll be beneath his bridge.

Spirit of Holiday Cheer...?

;-)
Old 12-23-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
Please tell us more. It's fascinating!
Has he called anyone a 'beta' yet (or even funnier, referred to himself as an 'alpha')?
Old 12-23-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Pope View Post
Has he called anyone a 'beta' yet (or even funnier, referred to himself as an 'alpha')?
No, but he has referred to the untermensch.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Whoa, Nelly! Yet another troll thinks I'm a Humanist? Now that's funny,
Old 12-23-2016, 10:24 PM

OK, now I'm intrigued. Monty, have you ever said "I am a Humanist! Read my manifesto. Here are our beliefs, and our headgear, meetings are at 7pm Thursdays, unless the Steelers are playing."?
Old 12-23-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
You forgot to mention the troll's hypocrisy. In this thread he seems to want the whole Internet to be a free-for-all, but in his meltdown thread, he reported another poster.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:58 PM

The 35 kg. computer guy has been banned.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Humanists like Monty aren't fictional people, they have a specific creed with a statement of faith as I just showed you.

Monty thinks he's "spreading the good news" in the name of Humanism by educating people about evolution, and as my suggestion about higher intelligence is at odds with his creed, he seems to fancy me a heretic worthy of excommunication apparently.

This is why Humanists are starting to become as popular with the average person as Jehovah's witnesses and Mormons are.
WTF are you on about? It really doesn't take all that much intelligence (lucky for you) to do a search on this board to find out that I'm not a humanist nor am I an atheist; I'm cetainly not against science. You, on the other hand, have definitely proven your views of science aren't scientific.

Last edited by Monty; 12-24-2016 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Whoa, Nelly! Yet another troll thinks I'm a Humanist? Now that's funny,
Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Humanist Party?

Maybe he meant Humorist.

Last edited by John Mace; 12-24-2016 at 01:50 AM.