Old 10-15-2019, 09:25 AM

Wendy's dropped the broccoli cheese stuffed potato?

Broccoli cheese stuffed potato has been my favorite for a long, long time.

I don't see it on Wendy's menu anymore.
https://menu.wendys.com/en_US/category/fries-sides/

They no longer offer any baked potatoes stuffed with veggies. That's just screwed up.

We can and will make our own at home.

I guess Wendy's uses Velveeta? A package of frozen broccoli and baked white potatoes.

I'm on my way to Kroger. Stuffed taters for lunch.

Last edited by aceplace57; 10-15-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:35 AM

We were planning on Wendy's for lunch.

But I'll bake the potatoes, then add the cheese and thawed broccoli. Then maybe 5 to 10 mins back in the oven? Just long enough to heat the broccoli and melt the cheese.

We already make our chili cheese baked taters at home. I don't like Wendy's chili anymore. We use Wolf brand chili on the taters. We slice the baked tater, put on plate and add the heated chili & shredded cheese. Works better than stuffing them like Wendy's.

Last edited by aceplace57; 10-15-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:43 AM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace57 View Post
They no longer offer any baked potatoes stuffed with veggies. That's just screwed up.
Any time a chain discontinues an item, it's almost undoubtedly due to one of two factors:
1) The ingredients became too expensive, or too difficult to reliably obtain
2) The item doesn't sell well enough to justify keeping it on the menu (especially if it uses unique ingredients that aren't used in other menu items)

My educated guess is that it's the latter. For every menu item that a restaurant has, there are some patrons who adore it, and who will be very unhappy if it gets discontinued -- and the restaurant knows this fact. The issue, of course, is that the items that don't sell well are only beloved by a small number of people.

I can guarantee you that Wendy's knows exactly how many of those potatoes that they sold, and what percentage of their guests actually bought them. Discontinuing it annoys a relatively small number of people, but it very likely makes more money, on a net basis, for the restaurant, either by making room on the menu for better-selling items, and/or reducing the number of ingredients that the restaurant needs to stock and maintain.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:53 AM

The broccoli potatoes were on the menu for at least 10 years.

I used to buy one every week for lunch. The Wendy's near me has run down and is dirty. I quit going there last year.

We were going to visit the location near my mom. It's still good and has a big lunch crowd. I was disappointed to learn they dropped my favorite item.

I still like their burgers. But only at locations that haven't run down. You can tell by the size of the crowd at noon. The nasty one near me only has a few cars in the lot at noon

Last edited by aceplace57; 10-15-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:54 AM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

20 quatloos says Wendys pulls a McDonalds and brings the potatoes back periodically ala McRib.