Old 01-10-2017, 09:30 PM

Does anyone still play The Sims?

And if you do, do you do the challenges? How did that work out for you? I've played The Legacy and the I Am Surrounded By Idiots challenges. I have yet to do 10 generations of either.

I'd sure like to hear that people have finished these challenges, their experiences and scores. Any other challenges out there that I can also not finish? Unless I'm the only one still playing this game. Which is totally possible because I never let go of things.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Charter Member

I tried collecting Día de los Muertos skulls in 4 but stopped after two. Too much of a bother.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 01-10-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
I tried collecting Día de los Muertos skulls in 4 but stopped after two. Too much of a bother.
This is an in-game thingy. Challenges are player made, um, challenges. It tries to change the way you play the game by making up rules. Check the links for them and tell me what you think. Please.

I said "please"!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggirl View Post
This is an in-game thingy.
No, it's an official challenge. Other than starting a Legacy family (whose surname happens to be "Legacy") I've had zero interest in any others. I'm too much into paring up different Sims to see what results* to spend much time with any one family.

*did you know that a female Werewolf and a male Vampire will only result in more Werewolves?
Old 01-10-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
No, it's an official challenge. Other than starting a Legacy family (whose surname happens to be "Legacy") I've had zero interest in any others. I'm too much into paring up different Sims to see what results* to spend much time with any one family.

*did you know that a female Werewolf and a male Vampire will only result in more Werewolves?
I hate to argue with the only person answering my question but. . . that is an official Sims Org in game add on and not a fan made challenge. You can tell because it comes from The Sims 4TM site. These perks were planted by EA and are not at all fan made.

Wait, you said it is an official challenge. Yes. Yes it is. The challenges I'm talking about do not originate with EA. As per the links.

Last edited by Biggirl; 01-10-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:18 AM

Coincidentally, I reinstalled The Sims 2 a couple days ago. Those challenges look interesting and I might do them once I've gotten back into the swing of things. In the meantime, maybe I can actually fulfill Don Lothario's lifetime goal of making woohoo with 20 sims.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:42 AM

I still play Sims 3. I like it better than 4 because 4 feels like a smaller game, if you know what I mean.

My favorite thing to do is to start characters out in difficult situations with self-imposed rules like no money and that the character may not get a job and cannot raise money by directly selling things they collect.

(EDIT: I guess that's what challenges are all about now that I read about them)

Last edited by Cardigan; 01-11-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Charter Member

I play Sims 4 off and on. I never do challenges. Well, I never do externally defined challenges. I typically come up by myself with some scenario I want to play out and do that. Often by changing settings with mods (MC Command Center is essential).

While Sims 3 was great (still installed on my machine), I find the interactions more interesting in Sims 4.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:50 PM

Hey, just an add on here. Sims 4 has added toddlers! Yay!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:11 PM

Addendum: Toddlers are not part of a DLC pack. They're a free update.

This week Maxis also announced an upcoming vampire DLC for TS4. So if you like supernatural stuff in your Sims game, it's on its way.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:40 AM
Charter Member

Huh. When did 4 add the ability to play transgender sims?
Old 07-05-2019, 09:03 PM

I'd love to play The Sims 2, but my computer can't handle it. (Actually, I don't even have a DVD drive, though I have The Sims 2 and several expansion packs, which I played on my previous computer.)
Old 07-06-2019, 06:36 AM

I played the Sims 2 for many years for an embarrassing amount of time. I had a community that had some as on their 4th generation. At some point I changed computers and did not reinstall it. Then when I changed computers again I lost track of the save game files. When I lived last year I was in "Angry Packing" mode and saw all those giant clam shell containers all the expansions came in, thought to myself I would never play it again and threw them away. Until this moment I didn't regret it but this brought back some memories and I do a little.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:45 PM

I got Sims 4 recently for free from EA. My 5-year-old really likes it.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Huh. When did 4 add the ability to play transgender sims?
Evidently at some point in 2016. Guess I haven't created a sim in at least four years.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:03 AM
Charter Member

I still play.
And I've done some challenges (just finished 100 baby. It's exactly what it sounds like, you have 100 babies. I never want to see a toddler again). There's also a sims forum that does mini-3week challenges throughout the year. I do those from time to time, too.

I've more than gotten my money's worth out of the Sims.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:02 AM

I still play, and have since the original. I recently got the base Sims 4 because they were giving it away. So far, I find Sims 4 more boring and cartoonish than the previous games. They appear to have simplified it for mobile/console play, even more than they had for Sims 3.