Old 07-29-2019, 11:16 AM

I think NB was referring to the outcome of the race itself in those conditions (e.g. Hamilton and Bottas spinning in virtually the same place, but Hamilton just avoiding race-ending damage and Bottas not), rather than betting on its outcome.

Nice to see Vettel managing to actually give other drivers some space this time. Perhaps the recent sanction has had the desired effect. And lucky that Verstappen can't seem to launch his car off the line, otherwise it might have been another dull runaway victory. In all seriousness though, great drives by those two, credit where it's due.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
I assume they race in the rain because they don't want to delay the race until Monday when many people cannot show up? Any other race series race in the rain? NASCAR and Indy car don't race in the rain, don't know about other smaller US race series.
Indycar races in the rain, just not when they're on ovals.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:32 PM

Ok, dumb question time. Watching free practice one today, and the commentators have mentioned the F3 cars running practice earlier on the day. Which brings up a question that's always been on my mind - when another series races on the same weekend, what do the other cars use for pits? Surely the F1 teams don't vacate the pits, so what do the other cars use?
Old 08-03-2019, 03:26 PM

Max gets his first Pole and becomes the 100th driver to sit on Pole.

Dag, it depends on the circuit. I know a couple tracks have second sets of garages, but others do not and in fact used the F1 facilities. Don't know the logistics of it, however. Wish I did...
Old 08-03-2019, 11:23 PM

I've just set up an account on Bovada because I stupidly missed the wager cutoff that my other betting site imposes on Formula 1. Luckily Bovada is not only open later for betting, but also offers FAR more bets on F1 than the site I'd been using, which allows you only to bet to win. Bovada offers almost as much variety for F1 than other sites do for baseball and basketball. You can bet on showings in the top 3, top 6, top 10, you can bet by team, you can bet on who will retire first, on who will have the fastest lap, on a myriad of other things. You can even bet on whether or not the damn safety car will be in the race (!). Just wanted to throw this out there, in case anyone else here cares to wager on these races.

Based on Vettel's surprisingly strong performance last time, I bet on him to win, which would have a large payoff. Safety bet on Hamilton, "first to retire" on Leclerc (another small risk/high-reward wager.)

The "top 6" and "top 10" options, I want to wait until a little later in the season to try. There are some wild cards like Raikkonen who I think has a good chance of cracking the top 6, and Kvyat and Stroll who could muscle into the top 10 if they do even just slightly better in qualifying.