Old 06-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
In fairness you could say this of pretty much anybody.
I know. I used to be a one-eyed Montevidean nun suffering from Ekbom syndrome, and now I don't even go to church.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:53 PM

Are we sure he isn't a sovereign citizen type?
Old 06-04-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
But that was before I noticed someone's comment upthread about one of Farnaby's own threads, wherein he shows us that taxation is extortion. That one is even more entertaining.
That isn't too far off libertarian orthodoxy so he isn't really swimming out of his lane. He isn't unpleasant when challenged, as far as I remember.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 PM

The one that stands out is that steaming pile of shit that was the Joe Paterno thread where he and SA were basically denying child rape was logistically possible and that, even if it happened, both committing it and covering up for it were defensible on other grounds.

Did not leave a particularly good impression of his logic or morals.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
That isn't too far off libertarian orthodoxy so he isn't really swimming out of his lane. He isn't unpleasant when challenged, as far as I remember.
Right, the idea that taxation is "theft" or "extortion" or some other very bad word implying illicit criminal activity is quite standard American libertarian orthodoxy, and not incidentally, also standard sovereign citizen bloviation. That doesn't make it any less funny, in a black-humor kind of way, or annoying, if one contemplates the political damage that it wreaks. As for whether he's "unpleasant" or not, he was certainly unpleasant enough to get at least one warning and one mod note in the latest thread. And even when he's not intentionally insulting, I would say that anyone who is persistently and irrationally delusional about the world is likely to be inherently unpleasant. Would you regard an obviously bitter, loudly pontificating street-corner lunatic to be a pleasant person?
Old 06-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
He managed to post two coherent posts in that thread. But then somebody disagreed with something he said. And Will went his usual route; rather than defend his views, he began making personal attacks.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Even sovereign citizens believe in the importance and power of government and laws. They just believe there’s a secret code to the legal system that lets you legally do anything you want if you know all the magic words to say in court.

Will expresses the fervent belief that any form of government is by definition a violent and oppressive form of slavery and despotism. That “all tax is extortion” thread would probably have sovereign citizen adherents calling him a delusional nut job.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
He seems to think sovereign citizens( or many of them )are engaging in conscious civil disobedience, instead of just being the delusional quasi-conspiracy theorists they are. So still cranks, but a different, more noble sort of crank. The way he talks about makes me think he isn't one so much as he is an admirer of anyone who stands up against the evil tyranny of government. He's looks to me more like a bog-standard libertarian extremist, basically an individualist anarchist.

"Real" sovereign citizens are a kinda related subgroup, but they have gone down a side-path where they have functionally embraced a form of legalistic sympathetic magic.

Last edited by Tamerlane; 06-05-2019 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamerlane View Post
"Real" sovereign citizens are a kinda related subgroup, but they have gone down a side-path where they have functionally embraced a form of legalistic sympathetic magic.
It's no different from homeopathy or Reiki or dowsing or any number of other scams run on people with enough unwarranted self-importance to demand to know secret knowledge but insufficient savvy to know when something is both utterly nonsensical and aimed at separating them from their money. The supposed "theory" or "ideology" is just used to dress up the base motives of the people involved: For the scammer, that is getting money, and for the scammed, that is getting to feel important and powerful with the promise of being able to get something for nothing, or, in sad cases, the promise of hope where there realistically is none.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
WillFarnaby. I remember that time that he contributed a thoughtful, convincing idea to a thread. Ahh, memory lane.
*needle being dragged across a record sound effect*
Ha, ha ha. I kill me. Of course that shit never happened.
I think I once saw him post a "nm" to a thread. That would be the most productive he's ever been.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:19 AM

He is, far and away, the most idiotic poster on this website. I sometimes wonder whether or not WF is a real person or an AI product of a Russian troll farm.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:32 AM

Someone who believes that private police will provide better services by "competing for customers" is a dangerous, scary asshole. I'm pretty sure we all know how that competition would work.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:58 AM

I no longer read any of his posts. A) They typically don't make any sense and B) If they do, it's bonkers. He comes in, like some other posters on the board (HD for example), and hijacks a thread into a back and forth argument. Once he takes a dump in a thread, I don't come back.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
I no longer read any of his posts. A) They typically don't make any sense and B) If they do, it's bonkers. He comes in, like some other posters on the board (HD for example), and hijacks a thread into a back and forth argument. Once he takes a dump in a thread, I don't come back.
I think this is an accurate characterization. By the time you figure out what the fuck he's even talking about and put together a response, there's 6 more posts of insane bullshit, each crazier than the last.

You can't out-post the crazy. Best to just point, laugh and walk away.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I think this is an accurate characterization. By the time you figure out what the fuck he's even talking about and put together a response, there's 6 more posts of insane bullshit, each crazier than the last.

You can't out-post the crazy. Best to just point, laugh and walk away.

As the saying goes, don't roll in the muck with a pig, you'll only get dirty and the pig will brag on Twitter how much he owned you and get like 5000 rets.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
I've never put anyone on ignore, but he's coming close.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wiggler View Post
Someone who believes that private police will provide better services by "competing for customers" is a dangerous, scary asshole. I'm pretty sure we all know how that competition would work.
It's called La Cosa Nostra, and it worked just fine until Statists got involved and arrested the fine young men offering to protect those fruit stands.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:28 PM

Hard to believe no one has called out this racist lying cunt in over two months. Can't pick just one post in particular, so I give you the current last page in this thread.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Hard to believe no one has called out this racist lying cunt in over two months. Can't pick just one post in particular, so I give you the current last page in this thread.
Is that the thread where he calls democracy the "real" threat because of its capacity to influence larger events? I think this asshole really wants an American Putin.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wiggler View Post
Is that the thread where he calls democracy the "real" threat because of its capacity to influence larger events? I think this asshole really wants an American Putin.
Probably. I've lost track of the numerous dumbshit things that seep endlessly from his every orifice.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:02 PM

I didn’t realize asking for a citation for claims of white supremacy was so objectionable. Let’s add another featherweight pitting to the pile.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:04 PM

Fuck off.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillFarnaby View Post
I didn’t realize asking for a citation for claims of white supremacy was so objectionable.
So you were just asking questions.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:30 AM

Honestly I've had him on ignore for quite some time and am seriously considering putting people who quote him on ignore as well. He's an idiotic troll who has to wit never offered anything of any value to any conversation and the board would be better off if he fucked off to whatever hole he came from.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:16 AM

I loved this part.
Quote:
Cite wherein Obama and/or Bush encouraged violence at rallies or defended white supremacists?
Quote:
It is funny that you will twist yourselves into pretzels to avoid supporting the claim that Molyneux and Southern support violence. Perhaps you should refrain from trusting biased secondary sources.

Believe it or not there are other ways to initiate violence, like starting wars.
So there you have it. Obama and Bush are more violent than Trump because they happened to be in office when we were at war. Plus, Will c & p'ed the "trusting biased secondary sources" line that's been thrown against him so many times. Wake up and smell the chem trails!
Old 08-14-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
I loved this part.

So there you have it. Obama and Bush are more violent than Trump because they happened to be in office when we were at war. Plus, Will c & p'ed the "trusting biased secondary sources" line that's been thrown against him so many times. Wake up and smell the chem trails!
“Happened to be in office” - A-plus analysis.

They Mister Magoo’ed themselves into mass slaughter, impoverishment, and assassinations.

In any case I never said Bush and Obama were more violent than Trump. They were all pretty much equally violent. Perhaps GWB was a little more violent than the other two, but not much.

Last edited by WillFarnaby; 08-14-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
So you were just asking questions.
No. Demanding answers that never came.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:03 PM

Why are you even bothering?? Put him on Ignore and be done with it!!

Old 08-14-2019, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

Often I wonder where WillFarnaby is employed, seeing as how video stores are pretty much a thing of the past.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Often I wonder where WillFarnaby is employed, seeing as how video stores are pretty much a thing of the past.
The parasite shits on the productive class.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

Counterculture record store it is, then.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Employed? I wonder if he ever leaves his house.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Maybe phone sex operator then?
Old 08-14-2019, 01:23 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Wouldn't that mean opening the trapdoor?
Old 08-14-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
In any case I never said Bush and Obama were more violent than Trump. They were all pretty much equally violent. Perhaps GWB was a little more violent than the other two, but not much.
OK, you IMPLIED (without really typing it out) that Bush and Obama were more violent than Trump because of wars. You counted war casualties, which have fuck-all to do with provoking violence at white supremacy gatherings. You offer nothing but petty bickering and semantics to an adult discussion, and nobody's taken your side. See how successful your approach is?
Old 08-14-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
OK, you IMPLIED (without really typing it out) that Bush and Obama were more violent than Trump because of wars. You counted war casualties, which have fuck-all to do with provoking violence at white supremacy gatherings. You offer nothing but petty bickering and semantics to an adult discussion, and nobody's taken your side. See how successful your approach is?
Calling out wars as violence is “semantics”. More stellar editorial from you.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Maybe phone sex operator then?
"You're into humiliation, aren't you, you little worm? Then, lick my boots, you filthy STATIST!"
Old 08-14-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
He's a libertarian. … thank him for his trouble, and forget whatever he says. He's harmless enough, he's just a libertarian.
"They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of"
Old 08-14-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Wouldn't that mean opening the trapdoor?
Don't be silly, you two - bridges aren't houses, and they don't have trapdoors.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Calling out wars as violence is “semantics”. More stellar editorial from you.
No calling out wars as "having fuck-all to do with a discussion about provoking violence among white supremacists." You're clinging to an irrelevant leaky inner tube in an ocean of relevance.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
Don't be silly, you two - bridges aren't houses, and they don't have trapdoors.
Ding, ding.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
No calling out wars as "having fuck-all to do with a discussion about provoking violence among white supremacists." You're clinging to an irrelevant leaky inner tube in an ocean of relevance.
The discussion was about the most dangerous ideologies not just white supremacy. Please follow.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:57 AM

Oh, I am occasionally tempted to take the off-ramp into Farnabyville - the billboards promise hookers and blackjack and a 24-hour all-you-can-eat buffet. But I've done that before and discovered there are no women at all there, the only card game is Fizzbin and the "buffet" consists of pumpernickel croutons, raw turnips, a pile of used Kleenex and an asthmatic gerbil.

So now I just drive on by, and am all the happier for it.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
The discussion was about the most dangerous ideologies not just white supremacy. Please follow.
Hee hee... you're like the little kid who got sent to his room by his mother and mutters his comeback at low volume so she won't hear.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Please leave, and we'll consider it.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Oh, I am occasionally tempted to take the off-ramp into Farnabyville - the billboards promise hookers and blackjack and a 24-hour all-you-can-eat buffet. But I've done that before and discovered there are no women at all there, the only card game is Fizzbin and the "buffet" consists of pumpernickel croutons, raw turnips, a pile of used Kleenex and an asthmatic gerbil.

So now I just drive on by, and am all the happier for it.
Your error was is assuming the gerbil was part of the buffet. It was the hookers.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
No. Demanding answers that never came.
It's because you're demanding that everyone else only give you the answers you want to hear.