Old 03-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

It's the Golden Goose Realty building.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:06 PM

I think Golden Goose was limited time only. If I'm right, I'm sure it'll come back.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:27 AM

Yeah, looks like I missed it. D'oh!
Old 03-07-2019, 08:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
I don't know if it is just a bug on mine or more universal, but if I go to the friends list and come back after tapping 'Sky Finger,' then a bunch (but not all) of my buildings have instantaneously regenerated their cash.

Maybe try tapping 'Sky Finger,' go to friends and back, and then tap all your people.
I tried this and yes, it works.

Steps I took:

1. Sky finger (SF) was active.
2. Tapped all people and buildings.
3. Put all peeps to work.
4. Crawled Springfield, ensuring I have no unclaimed money.
5. Tapped SF with all bldgs claimed.
6. Went to friends, came back (only went to friends opening screen)

The animation of cash "tapped" appeared around many... but I don't think all... of my buildings, my $ increasing from 23,868 to 35,678, an increase of 12k.

Last edited by JohnT; 03-07-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:52 PM

I LOOOOOOVE the current mystery box situation in the event that dropped yesterday (another boring mini event). It's got so many things in it. 30 donuts, five options are given. If you don't see something you want, hit refresh and five new things pop up. I don't know how many variations in your selection you get. I can tell it's not truly random. But you could get lucky and get your thing on the first or second try and you still get prizes anyway. My bonus has shot up, I have a few new buildings and random characters. And I'm getting some people I've just never gotten around to getting. I don't want to be a completionist because I want there still be something to work for, to strive towards.

I have tons of donuts because I haven't liked most of the recent premium offers and even if I do buy something, I earn 3 a day usually from "leveling" up... even though it's not real levels. So when I spend donuts I usually earn them back before I spend again. I have so much IGC I could always farm if I blow through my stash and I have the Golden Goose and I could sell my tile thing for donuts. I'm having a hard time not buying everything. I love spending virtual money.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:40 AM

I mined a metric shit-ton of donuts and got everything in the box. Every last damn thing.

Still have some missing checks in my 'collections' tab. So it doesn't quite have every historical thing.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:55 PM

No, and some of it is bundled differently from when it was originally offered. I have ice princess Martin skin but not the ice palace, so he only has 2 tasks. I wanted the palace but I can't find it, so I assume that it's bundled with the skin now and isn't offered to me. They were originally separate, with the skin as a free prize and the ice palace as a premium offer during one of the Christmases.

I'm trying to pace myself AND getting annoyed at the combos. There are some characters I do not want. At all. Let's just say some of the ones based on real people. If the boxes shuffle poorly, something "good" might be in that box and never another one.

But it seems to be getting a LOT of positive feedback. Maybe they'll do this once or twice a year.

On the other hand, if most people like it, we'll never see it again and continue to get copy/paste crap events with terrible prizes from now on.

Sigh.

I'd play Stonecutters again just for donut prizes or the few skins I don't have.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:49 PM

I've gotten my bonus over 600%. I've got around 30 tasks in my taskbook. I started out with about 3700 donuts. I spent hundreds of them, farmed some rat trucks, spent more, farmed some rat trucks, lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm down to $200M from probably $1B or close to it. I get a bonus box every 9 rat traps. 10 bonus boxes = one mystery box purchase (I always get 3 donuts).

I'm getting down to the dregs or weird stuff. I'm running out of room in my town. I had one big undeveloped area and it's almost full. I have a lot of junk areas I could clean up but... ugh, it's a mess. There's still some land I don't have too. And if I get low on donuts I'll be selling my land tokens, I guess.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:59 AM
Charter Member

My unemployment center stopped working. It only sends 12 of 178 characters on tasks, requiring me to tap the rest. Which was fine when I had 50, but not when I have 180. Anybody else have this happen to them?

Last edited by JohnT; 03-18-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
My unemployment center stopped working. It only sends 12 of 178 characters on tasks, requiring me to tap the rest. Which was fine when I had 50, but not when I have 180. Anybody else have this happen to them?
That has happened to me when there's a daily goal like "Send Springfielders to... " So the Unemployment office will send all non-Springfielders off on their tasks but the others don't get sent and are waiting to be sent on that daily goal. Kind of annoying when you need to send 5 characters on that task and have everyone else wandering around because of it.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, I think that's tied to this. I had a "Send Springfielders to..." daily task which I killed in an effort to get more donuts (success!). However, the game seems to think that the original task is still in effect. Hopefully, with Mr. Burns finishes his 8-hour whatever and I get my 6 donuts, things will go back to normal.

Last edited by JohnT; 03-18-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Mr. Burns is done yelling at his employees or whatever, and things are back to normal at the unemployment office.

Lesson learned: If you kill a Daily Challenge task, the game still reserves those affected Springfielders from participation in the unemployment office, even if another challenge has been offered. And this lasts until the 2nd Daily Challenge is completed.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:54 PM

And *sometimes* when you send everyone on these "make cynics eat hamburgers" tasks, it takes people out of their skins. Which is annoying because I am super greedy and I want my premium skins going alllllllllll the time. Two premium skinned characters = three regular characters and it adds up.

But *sometimes* it keeps them in the skins. So you can't always tell.

I can't just go through the thing at the top right and click everyone one by one without looking because it'll *sometimes* reset the skin. I have to *gasp* pay attention.

The best solution is to just cancel any terrible job like that. However, they're often event-related (Send Springfielders to hunt for Bob, e.g.) and you can't X it out.

I've only made a few purchases today. My boxes still have some interesting things in them, but it's like... if there are five things offered, then one seems to be a premium skin for someone who is already premium or has a premium skin OR something I have OR something I really don't want. They don't see to change up very much. Like Candy Kevin is always with the other same things, not rotated out so sometimes Candy Kevin is with the Ice King, sometimes he's with the Mayan Bundle. Always Kevin with The Grumple and Stampy balloon for me. And those three are ok prizes. Santa's village with a Santa skin for Homer when I already have several premium Homer skins, including a winter one? No thanks. And it has the Training Plane, which if I don't have, I have enough planes that look like it I don't need another.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:01 AM

I have a quick question about buying premium stuff. Do you spend real money on donut packs, or just use what you've collected, or a bit of both? I never buy any premium stuff and calculated that if I could sell my donuts 12 at a time for cash I'd get over 300.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:52 AM

I spent some modest amounts of money early in the game. But now I've been playing regularly for 5-6 years and have huge amounts of cash and bonus percentage build up.

If I need donuts I buy a single 'rat trap truck' and the XP from that levels me up twice for a total of 6 donuts received.

You might be interested in this link about 'kwik-e-mart farming'
https://tstoaddicts.com/2016/09/28/f...r-free-donuts/

or this link about the bonus percentage of various items
https://tstoaddicts.com/2016/09/29/c...ded-for-items/

or this link about what is in mystery boxes, which is the cheapest way to buy items that give bonus percentages (but you end up with a lot of junk too)
https://tstoaddicts.com/2013/08/23/w...comment-570207

Last edited by Folly; 03-19-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:11 AM

I play it similarly, I did spend a little bit early on but now there is the Monorail-recycling center jobs that get you 3 donuts as well as the find Maggie and the sometimes-donut-producing daily goal. With all of that, I have around 500+ donuts and I'm reluctant to use them. I think I have premium skins for just about everyone who can get one.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:05 PM

I used to buy an occasional scratcher but when the "last level" thing happened, there was a glitch that let you keep leveling up and I made like 4k donuts and have been coasting on those for a while. It also coincided with a drastic decline in quality of premium items for sale. If I had made bank when the corn glitch was going on and they were still early in releasing levels (just past the Squidport expansion, iirc), I'd have spent more on premium things. I don't find a lot of the new premium stuff appealing and wait for them to come back in mystery boxes.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

If Geraldo Rivera had opened Al Capone's vault and found the TSTO sky finger, the mocking disappointment would still be the same. Without the ability to clear tasks, this thing is effectively worthless, imho, unless you play once a day, putting everyone on 24-hour tasks... then, in hour 12, it would be useful.

But otherwise? Not really.

Had an interesting thing happen... should've realized it was possible as I think I saw this before, but didn't glom on to the implications:

1. Got a daily challenge yesterday. Killed it, got another (Send Cletus to do whatever...)
2. Didn't get around to sending Cletus to do whatever until I went to bed last night. Sent him to do whatever, went to sleep.
3. When I get on the game this morning, I see that I have the option to kill the Cletus daily challenge, even though he is done doing it.
4. So, saying "what the hell", I killed it.
5. A new challenge, for yesterday, appears (my third challenge offered for the day). 6 donuts to send Springfielders to do something for 4 hours! Whoo-hoo! Take that, Cletus!
6. (Also, today's challenge also netted 1 donut. Since I gained a level, this will end up being a 14 donut day.)

Anyway, lesson of the story: If you don't like the daily challenge, kill it. If you don't like the new one, wait a day, and kill it again. Continue killing it daily until it gives you a donut challenge.

Last edited by JohnT; 03-21-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

It was a 44 donut day - my daily challenge was the last in a series, got a mystery box which held 30 donuts.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
It was a 44 donut day - my daily challenge was the last in a series, got a mystery box which held 30 donuts.
Aw man. I don't get those kinds of MBs much any more and when I do it always seems like a fish pond or ONDA. I used to get good stuff, like Squeaky Voiced Teen.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:31 AM

New questions just hit. There's a 4 hour Smithers task and a Burns task to start it. I can't do the Burns task though.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:05 PM

Tennis courts with a 2.25% bonus for just 10 Oscars. I'm guessing it's a glitch that will be patched. I just bought 32 of them and bumped my bonus up considerably.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:07 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the heads-up, just bought 300 Oscars worth, and am making more.

Last edited by JohnT; 04-11-2019 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:38 PM
Charter Member

I'm grinding through Oscars, have raised my percentage by at least 120%. There's 11d, 9h left on this one, so it may be possible to raise the % multiplier by 1000%.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal View Post
Tennis courts with a 2.25% bonus for just 10 Oscars. I'm guessing it's a glitch that will be patched. I just bought 32 of them and bumped my bonus up considerably.
When you posted this, my bonus was 223%. It's now 505%, and growing. Just grinding the hell out of those Oscars.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:20 AM

After a little consideration, I also elected to add a bunch of tennis courts. My Springfield Heights is starting to get a little overrun with them but I don't go there too often anyway.

Interestingly and unrelated, when I play the find Maggie minigame, I don't usually hear Maggie sucking on her pacifier when I get close. I usually play with the volume turned down but I turn it up for the game. Anyone else experience this?
Old 04-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Huh. I have so much empty land in my Springfield that I'm just dumping these things "miles" away from the main city.

I hear Maggie most of the time. Sometimes the sound doesn't come through, but I just zoom in/out and that fixes things.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:00 PM

I'm laying them out north of the main city in the Springfield Heights area, which has some space. I do wish we could extend the land up there because I have those monorail tunnels wasting their potential because I'd have to redo whole sections of my Springfield if I wanted to get them in.

I'll try zooming with Maggie to see if that works.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

I've always had a question about the Maggie thing - does she only appear in a radius around the factory? Does she have to appear in "downtown" SF? What are the conditions for her to hide?

So I just moved the playdough factory so it's surrounded by a bunch of empty land and I'll guess I'll find out in 8 hours.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:09 PM

Not for me, she appears all over the place. My Simpsons home is in the NW area where the game starts and she's sometimes around there or the nearby "downtown." I have a house farm to the south and she's there sometimes too.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Interesting! Because, for me, she only appears in so many spots - Cletus's farm, the Simpsons house, on the roofs of the houses... and it's all in one circle to the NE-NW of my (old) playdough factory location.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:43 PM

Maggie is limited to appear on pink, purple and white houses, Kwik e Mart's, lard lads, the Simpson house, Cletus's farm, Moe's Tavern, the elementary schoolhouse, Krusty Burger, and Madam Chao's. Those are what I recall off the top of my head. If you have a pink house farm or a lard lads farm, she pops up more frequently on those. Maybe blue houses too, but I'm not sure.

I have 12 lard lads set up on the Northeast border of town, and she shows up there frequently.

I also turn the sound up only when playing the Maggie game. I'd say 1 of 10 times I don't hear her even though I'm in the vicinity.

I can't say that I've been grinding Oscars, but I'm up 300 points to almost 1200% now. I'm thinking I can get it to 1300% playing at my usual times.

Last edited by Personal; 04-21-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

I've raised my % from 223% to 750%, two days to go.

Have also gone from level 524 to 759 via 1 day of Kwik E Mart farming as well. With a 750% bonus and the 5x accelerator, every 6 marts raised me a level.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:05 AM
Charter Member

Kind of an imbalance in that it takes 5 donuts to buy an Oscar, but only 2 donuts to rush somebody to make one.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:44 AM

What is the quickest way to determine bonus again? Wasn't it tapping a Kwik-E-Mart?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
What is the quickest way to determine bonus again? Wasn't it tapping a Kwik-E-Mart?
Now you can just click on your star meter and it'll tell you at the top.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:48 AM
Charter Member

Your "scores" (levels, donuts, $, etc) are to the bottom left.

Click on the row of stars. Your percentage should appear in small text. It'll say "Total Bonus from Conformity and Decorations: 773.90% Money and XP".

Well... the number will be different, of course.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:13 AM

Aha, there it is. I'm at 452.15%, which is not too shabby.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Kind of an imbalance in that it takes 5 donuts to buy an Oscar, but only 2 donuts to rush somebody to make one.
Thinking about this...

I have a guy who does 2 Oscars in the same time it takes the others to do 1.

Rushing him costs the same as the others: 2 donuts.

Therefore, 1 tennis court can be bought with 10 donuts.

(Effectively, 1 donut = 1 Oscar = .25% rating boost.)

The Big Pig, Police Tank, and Hot Tub gives 2.5% and is 60 donuts, a .000416% boost per donut.

Even with this mystery box, they still go for 30 donuts, a .000832% boost per donut.

Question: Does 10 donuts sound like a good price for a 2.5% boost in rating?

Last edited by JohnT; 04-23-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that's far better than anything that can be purchased directly with donuts.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal View Post
Quote:
When you posted this, my bonus was 223%. It's now 505%, and growing. Just grinding the hell out of those Oscars.
Quote:
I've raised my % from 223% to 750%, two days to go.

Have also gone from level 524 to 759 via 1 day of Kwik E Mart farming as well. With a 750% bonus and the 5x accelerator, every 6 marts raised me a level.
Ugh. Damn thing is finally over. When I started, I was at level 524 and had a bonus of 223%. Now I'm at 902 & 907.05% respectively. Had I realized the 10 donuts = 2.25% (not 2.5% stated above, sorry!) much earlier, I'd likely have achieved the 1000% goal I mentioned upthread by using the level donuts for Oscars (would've gained another 170%, if my theory iz correct!)
Old 04-24-2019, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

I know I'm a bit behind since I took a year off, but I went from ~125% to 340% during this event, so pretty darn worthwhile.

I assume I must keep the tennis courts deployed for them to count; they won't count while in storage, right?
Old 04-24-2019, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Correct. If you store them, you lose the bonus.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:

I agree with Folly. 10 donuts for 2.5% is better than anything else that I've seen.

I was able to boost 400%. I, too, wish I had discovered the item earlier. I'm now close to 1300% and have noticed a marked bump in my collections.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:39 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

I got a big update a couple of days ago but no new event. Am I missing something?
Old 04-27-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
I got a big update a couple of days ago but no new event. Am I missing something?
No update on mine that I can see. The google app store says the last update was March 5.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

Ha! Finally maxed out levels, now get to play the 1/2/3 donuts game. Haven't really done the math, but it seems that, with my % levels where they are, the smart play is that it's always worth upgrading 1 donut for $50k, but don't bother upgrading 2 donuts.

With Maggie, I always go for 3 donuts.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Ha! Finally maxed out levels, now get to play the 1/2/3 donuts game. Haven't really done the math, but it seems that, with my % levels where they are, the smart play is that it's always worth upgrading 1 donut for $50k, but don't bother upgrading 2 donuts.

With Maggie, I always go for 3 donuts.
At your percentage, cash will become a non-issue, and whether it's the better play cash-wise will be immaterial. I always go for three donuts. My cash reserves continue to grow, despite my KEM farming and 3-donut strategy. There's really nothing else of significance to spend cash on.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:09 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
No update on mine that I can see. The google app store says the last update was March 5.
Then Im not sure what happened. It made me upload a large update on Thursday.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

Over the past two, three weeks I've been having severe connection issues. Anyone else?