Old 11-25-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaTea View Post
I agree with this. Most Americans want Trump to STFU with the tweets, and it's one of the only things that seems to bother my conservative friends on Facebook right now.
Well, it's hard for them to deny or refute something that came directly from the Whiny Bitch In Chief's own tiny unmanly little troll fingers.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Trump is tweeting today that the only reason he lost the popular vote is due to millions of people voting illegally.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:30 PM

At least the press has stopped beating around the bush and is finally just calling him a liar:

CNN: Trump falsely claims 'millions of people who voted illegally' cost him popular vote

NY Times: President-elect Donald J. Trump said on Sunday that he had fallen short in the popular vote in the general election only because millions of people had voted illegally, leveling his claim — despite the absence of any such evidence — as part of a daylong storm of Twitter posts voicing anger about a three-state recount push.

Washington Post: Trump makes baseless claim that millions ‘voted illegally’ for Clinton
Old 11-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Elephant Whisperer

It's a mystery why this recount would make Trump so angry. Even Clinton's team admits it's extremely unlikely to come to anything. But it's really gotten under his skin, and when something gets under this piece of filth's skin, he Tweets up a storm.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
Trump is tweeting today that the only reason he lost the popular vote is due to millions of people voting illegally.
Whiny douchebag is whiny.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:31 PM

4 years of this, we're in for.

I hope the 26% of eligible voters who voted for him are happy.

I mean, even if his statistically impossible claim were true, his supporters are still nowhere near the majority they think they are.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:43 PM

Why the hell doesn't someone who cares about him sit him down, say WTF is WRONG with you, and take away his twitter account?
Old 11-27-2016, 08:47 PM

He's crying because the larger the number of votes for Clinton, the less he is able to claim some sort of mandate.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
Why the hell doesn't someone who cares about him sit him down, say WTF is WRONG with you, and take away his twitter account?
[Trump replies, with a vaguely effeminate cobra-like gesture]

"You're fired."

[/Trump replies, with a vaguely effeminate cobra-like gesture]
Old 11-27-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Waldo Pepper View Post
[Trump replies, with a vaguely effeminate cobra-like gesture]

"You're fired."

[/Trump replies, with a vaguely effeminate cobra-like gesture]
He may not fire Ivanka....maybe not one of his other spawn...seriously, I said this during the election - I would have been appalled if my father was doing any of this crap. Discreet word with his doctor, gently taking away his electronics, whatever it takes.

ETA Even Kellyanne Conway ralized he had to be handled like a toddler.

Last edited by raventhief; 11-27-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:38 PM

It's funny. Whenever the spotlight starts coming in to focus on the really disturbing stuff-- in this case the breathtaking depth and breadth of conflicts of interest-- he just happens to make a "stupid" tweet that dominates the news and social media for a few days.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamino Neko View Post
4 years of this, we're in for.

I hope the 26% of eligible voters who voted for him are happy.
Probably. He's going to get a great many people hurt and killed, which is what they wanted.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by even sven View Post
It's funny. Whenever the spotlight starts coming in to focus on the really disturbing stuff-- in this case the breathtaking depth and breadth of conflicts of interest-- he just happens to make a "stupid" tweet that dominates the news and social media for a few days.
Yep. "funny."
Old 11-27-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by even sven View Post
This doesn't feel like a deliberately timed distraction. Trump takes the Wisconsin recount and Clinton's growing popular vote numbers very, very personally...much more personally than stories about his shady ethics.

This is how he reacts when his ego is damaged, and now it's a matter of national security. What a fun four years we have ahead.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Fuck caring about HIM, it'd be nice if someone who cared about the COUNTRY would step up.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:21 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Fuck caring about HIM, it'd be nice if someone who cared about the COUNTRY would step up.
They don't listen to Democrats.
And Republicans are firmly Party Before God, God Before Country.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:43 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Someone on CNN tonight was saying a source close to Trump was asked this and replied that Trump would "probably" not have as much time to tweet as inauguration day neared. When asked if someone couldn't just ask him to stop tweeting so much, the source reportedly said, "I'm not going to be the one who tells Donald Trump not to tweet."

The felling seems to be only someone super close to him could get away with it, specifically his son-in-law.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:36 AM

Quote:
He may not fire Ivanka....maybe not one of his other spawn...seriously, I said this during the election - I would have been appalled if my father was doing any of this crap. Discreet word with his doctor, gently taking away his electronics, whatever it takes.

ETA Even Kellyanne Conway ralized he had to be handled like a toddler.
Hell, a coventry style mode, where he can post all he wants but it won't go out. Have some fake accounts to get mad and to say yay Trump.

And get him some fucking tranquilizers. He does most of his tweeting late at night, so just call it insomnia.

I mean, isn't that better than having Pence get him declared mentally ill and unfit to serve? (That is what I would do if I were him.)

Last edited by BigT; 11-29-2016 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Hell, a coventry style mode, where he can post all he wants but it won't go out. Have some fake accounts to get mad and to say yay Trump.

And get him some fucking tranquilizers. He does most of his tweeting late at night, so just call it insomnia.

I mean, isn't that better than having Pence get him declared mentally ill and unfit to serve? (That is what I would do if I were him.)
Rather than insomnia, I suspect sundowning.

They stopped Trump from Tweeting just before the election. Once he's inaugurated, the Real Republicans & his family can plan a compassionate medical retirement--and everybody will believe them.

President Pence will keep things on an even Republican course. His kids can manage the businesses. Melania won't have to move into that dump in DC & her kid can stay in his school.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:09 AM

Politifact is giving him three separate "Pants on Fire" ratings for his recent foray into election fraud. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Anyone notice a shift recently in the way the media is covering Trump? The last few weeks, it's less, making statements like "Trump makes controversial claim" and more "Trump says stuff that's decidedly untrue".
Old 11-29-2016, 08:28 AM

I'm normally not one for conspiracy theories, but at this point, I think it's pretty obvious that Trump is using Twitter to distract. This morning he is suggesting that burning the flag be punishable by a year in jail and/or loss of citizenship. There is no reason to make this proclamation right now except to distract everyone.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
Politifact is giving him three separate "Pants on Fire" ratings for his recent foray into election fraud. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Anyone notice a shift recently in the way the media is covering Trump? The last few weeks, it's less, making statements like "Trump makes controversial claim" and more "Trump says stuff that's decidedly untrue".
Actually, this has been going on for several months; the media seemed to get a wake-up call when it became apparent that Trump was going to get the nomination. But too little, too late. Here's probably the most famous example, from CNN in June.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I'm normally not one for conspiracy theories, but at this point, I think it's pretty obvious that Trump is using Twitter to distract. This morning he is suggesting that burning the flag be punishable by a year in jail and/or loss of citizenship. There is no reason to make this proclamation right now except to distract everyone.
da faq? I am, yet again, surprised. How I retain the capacity at this point is beyond me. I guess my soul is still alive somewhere, deep inside.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

From the Despot-Elect this morning, tweeted 6:55 am-"“Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag — if they do, there must be consequences — perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!”

All right, Trumpettes-defend this.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:25 AM

First question: do professional protesters do this more than amateur protesters?
Old 11-29-2016, 09:26 AM

President-elect Blissfully Unaware is about to take the Oath Of Office, too.

http://www.heritage.org/constitution...oath-of-office
Old 11-29-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
First question: do professional protesters do this more than amateur protesters?
No, but they have their own armour. Saves having to rent all the time.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:27 AM

This is what it would have looked like if Captain Queeg had had access to Twitter.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

I dunno if I'd want the Donald on Ambien. He could just wind up sleep-tweeting and Og knows what THAT would be like...
Old 11-29-2016, 09:31 AM

Giant black snake chasing my mother into a tunnel....
Old 11-29-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
This is what it would have looked like if Captain Queeg had had access to Twitter.
Has he had his strawberry moment yet? As afraid as I am to see what that might look like, it's when we just might see the more intelligent Trump supporters figure out the mistake they made. Then we will truly be living in interesting times.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
From the Despot-Elect this morning, tweeted 6:55 am-"“Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag — if they do, there must be consequences — perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!”

I can picture the Trump Inner Circle drawing straws, to see who gets to break the news to the boss that he doesn't have the power to decide what's a crime, and that he doesn't get to define "free speech".

I'm envisioning one of those Hitler Downfall videos.

Last edited by jsc1953; 11-29-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:35 AM

You guys apparently have no skills in Boss Suckanomics. No one needs to tell him, just insist that he is right, and when other people tell him he can't actually do that shit, blame them.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Indeed, I think he's been using his ridiculous tweets to distract the media from the much bigger issues going on, for example the massive conflict of interest between his presidency and his business.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
You guys apparently have no skills in Boss Suckanomics. No one needs to tell him, just insist that he is right, and when other people tell him he can't actually do that shit, blame them.
Of course; an elegant solution. "Absolutely, Mr. President - one of our congressional toadies will be submitting the Crucifixion for Flag Burners Act of 2017 as soon as Congress is back in session."
Old 11-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suranyi View Post
Indeed, I think he's been using his ridiculous tweets to distract the media from the much bigger issues going on, for example the massive conflict of interest between his presidency and his business.
He's not distracting the media. He's distracting the people, because the people, as a whole, don't give a flying fuck about his conflicts of interest. They should, but they don't. Instead, Donnie's tweetstorms get more eyeballs looking at commercials, so that is what the media runs with.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:27 PM

Well, if you do care, there are small things you can do. The voicemail for the House Oversight Committee has been full for several weeks now (I'm sure this is just an oversight. See what I did there?), but if you call the chairman's office (Chaffetz) directly (1-202-225-7751) a live person answers the phone, and will chat with you. She assured me that the President elect is totally going to make changes to his business arrangements, and we should give him time. It's worth calling just to hear that.

Not saying this is going to change the world, but I hope people call.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by you with the face View Post
Has he had his strawberry moment yet? As afraid as I am to see what that might look like, it's when we just might see the more intelligent Trump supporters figure out the mistake they made. Then we will truly be living in interesting times.
No... I think the strawberry moment is still to come...God help us all.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I wonder if he is trying to goad people into burning the flag to marginalize the protests against him?
Old 11-29-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No... I think the strawberry moment is still to come...God help us all.
If someone takes his phone away he'll probably strip search everyone in Trump Tower.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:25 PM

What good are brains? They apparently don't make you rich.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
If someone takes his phone away he'll probably strip search everyone in Trump Tower.
Just the cute female ones.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:39 PM

"Hmmm. Couldn't find it. Better check Ivanka again."
Old 11-29-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
What good are brains? They apparently don't make you rich.
Just the cute female ones. (stolen from above)
Old 11-29-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Good lord, people are dense.

What, exactly, is anyone supposed to defend? Is there some concrete proposal being put forward? No. He said something on the internet. On Twitter, FFS. The medium specifically designed for people to transmit every half-assed idea and feeling that rolls through their head.

Trump makes a statement about his emotional reaction to flag burning; it's one that the vast majority of Americans share. When people criticize him, they're putting themselves on the pro-flag burning side.

"but first amendment, supreme court, blah blah blah..." Of course. Trump knows all that as well as you do, which is why he's not making a serious proposal. He's saying shit on Twitter, and by reflecting the feelings most people have about flag-burning, he builds trust with them; moreover, he makes the people who can't help criticizing him put themselves on the pro-flag burning side. Your hatred of him lets him live in your head.

It's rhetoric, not dialectic. Trump has been making fools of people who don't understand the difference for two years now. When you know the difference, you can meet rhetoric with rhetoric, dialectic with dialectic. When you don't, you're a sperg who takes jokes seriously, takes profanity literally, and asks people to "defend your position" on Twitter.

Last edited by furt; 11-29-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:27 PM

Ah. So your defense is that Trump is a liar full of half-assed ideas. That's your defense. Got it.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:28 PM

You Americans are just never satisfied, are you? You complain when everything a presidential candidate says sounds rehearsed and focus-grouped and microscopically vetted, and you complain when a candidate talks off the cuff and says things that are stupid. You clearly want some kind of Sorkin-ideal where all the dialog is sparkly and witty and profound and sounds spontaneous, but you voted for a Tourette's-afflicted Mister Ed, and you're just gonna have to suck it up for four years.

[/fair and balanced criticism #allyanksaredopes]
Old 11-29-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furt View Post
Good lord, people are dense.

What, exactly, is anyone supposed to defend? Is there some concrete proposal being put forward? No. He said something on the internet. On Twitter, FFS. The medium specifically designed for people to transmit every half-assed idea and feeling that rolls through their head.

Trump makes a statement about his emotional reaction to flag burning; it's one that the vast majority of Americans share. When people criticize him, they're putting themselves on the pro-flag burning side.

"but first amendment, supreme court, blah blah blah..." Of course. Trump knows all that as well as you do, which is why he's not making a serious proposal. He's saying shit on Twitter, and by reflecting the feelings most people have about flag-burning, he builds trust with them; moreover, he makes the people who can't help criticizing him put themselves on the pro-flag burning side. Your hatred of him lets him live in your head.

It's rhetoric, not dialectic. Trump has been making fools of people who don't understand the difference for two years now. When you know the difference, you can meet rhetoric with rhetoric, dialectic with dialectic. When you don't, you're a sperg who takes jokes seriously, takes profanity literally, and asks people to "defend your position" on Twitter.
Or, you're a twat who's just blubbering his fool mouth off defending an ignoramus.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furt View Post
Where do I start with this?

1. Good thing a Trump isn't a woman. Because the whole making statements based on emotions thingy would have us all wondering if he's on his period right now.

2. It's crazy he lets himself get emotional about flag burning in the first place. So that isn't a defense.

3. When people criticize him, he sees that akin to them burning the flag? To feel that way means Trump sees support for him as indistinguishable with patriotism. As if he is the United States. Egomaniacal, anyone?
Old 11-29-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
You Americans are just never satisfied, are you? You complain when everything a presidential candidate says sounds rehearsed and focus-grouped and microscopically vetted, and you complain when a candidate talks off the cuff and says things that are stupid. You clearly want some kind of Sorkin-ideal where all the dialog is sparkly and witty and profound and sounds spontaneous, but you voted for a Tourette's-afflicted Mister Ed, and you're just gonna have to suck it up for four years.

[/fair and balanced criticism #allyanksaredopes]
Well I sure didn't vote for him. Apparently a lot of others didn't either.