Old 10-07-2017, 09:51 AM

Urbanredneck: Trifecta of ignorance.

Homophobe: Check!

Misogynist: Check!

Bigot: Check!

Living proof that hateful and ignorant is certainly one way to get through life.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

The fact he's a fan of Alex Jones/Infowars says it all.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:10 AM

You forgot anti-vaxxer.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

The guy is either a troll, or just a run-of-the-mill nutcase. No need to really acknowledge him except to nod your head and say "uh huh" every once in awhile, hoping he gets off at the next bus stop.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:18 AM

Shocking.

What are his views on gravity?
Old 10-07-2017, 10:25 AM

He is opposed, and blames Obama.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
The fact he's a fan of Alex Jones/Infowars says it all.
That's the thing. Anyone with a lick of common sense and intelligence knows that Infowars is basically at war with reality. It is completely 100% fabricated bullshit and misinformation. It should be used as a sanity/mental competency test in that if you follow it and believe that nonsense, you are not competent to live in the real world and should instead be institutionalized for your own safety.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:58 AM

Anything in particular lead you to burn this bridge today, or was it just a general sense of malaise?
Old 10-07-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Anything in particular lead you to burn this bridge today, or was it just a general sense of malaise?
UR recently weighed in on the Muslim Peril (the last link in the OP).
Old 10-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
That's the thing. Anyone with a lick of common sense and intelligence knows that Infowars is basically at war with reality. It is completely 100% fabricated bullshit and misinformation. It should be used as a sanity/mental competency test in that if you follow it and believe that nonsense, you are not competent to live in the real world and should instead be institutionalized for your own safety.
I can see reading Infowars or listening to Alex Jones purely for entertainment, the way one might read Weekly World News or watch pro wrestling, just to see what outlandish claims they come up with, but fully aware that it's horseshit. I mean, *I* don't, never have, and will happily live out the rest of my days without ever doing so—but I can see how someone might.

If think you're going to learn some hidden truths concealed by the government and media and exposed only through dogged investigation by amateur underground dot-connectors, or entertain even for one moment the idea that Alex Jones is anything other than a Trumpesque mountebank who's laughing all the way to the bank while fleecing the socially inept, ignorant dupes who comprise the majority of his fan base, then... respectfully, I must differ.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
I can see reading Infowars or listening to Alex Jones purely for entertainment, the way one might read Weekly World News or watch pro wrestling, just to see what outlandish claims they come up with, but fully aware that it's horseshit. I mean, *I* don't, never have, and will happily live out the rest of my days without ever doing so—but I can see how someone might.

If think you're going to learn some hidden truths concealed by the government and media and exposed only through dogged investigation by amateur underground dot-connectors, or entertain even for one moment the idea that Alex Jones is anything other than a Trumpesque mountebank who's laughing all the way to the bank while fleecing the socially inept, ignorant dupes who comprise the majority of his fan base, then... respectfully, I must differ.
I started going there just for the super male vitality, but after a few weeks, he started making sense...
Old 10-07-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post

Living proof that hateful and ignorant is certainly one way to get through life.
Your correct.

Last edited by Mr Shine; 10-07-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Shocking.

The Earth sucks?
Old 10-07-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:

Having an inkling of his actual living quarters, I kind of doubt he's an an urbanite.

Since he stays under cover all the time, I don't think his neck is very red.

In fact, I kind of doubt that he has a neck at all.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Shocking.
Deplorable, even.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiFool View Post
Having an inkling of his actual living quarters, I kind of doubt he's an an urbanite.
Of course he is! He lives in a city that has an amazing thing called a "public library."
Old 10-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Yes, but is he dumber than a doorknob?
Old 10-07-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Yes, but is he dumber than a doorknob?
It's not a contest.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Shocking.

Fucking gravity! How does it work? Let's go down to the quarry and set the machines to record it and find out!
Old 10-07-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:

You can add collegephobe to the list -- higher education has never been part of Urbanredneck's life in any way, so what good is it? Bunch of danged commie liberals, that's all they are! There's an undercurrent of hostility against higher ed and everyone in it running through many of his posts:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=830831
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=819826

Urbanredneck is really a delightfully complete package!

One of my early introductions to this specimen was when he described this highly offensive personal affront that made him very, very angry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
The other day while Christmas shopping at WalMart a Muslim couple was there. The husband was dressed fairly normal but the wife had the full length black outfit and had her head covered and her face partially covered. They got more than a few stares and they was many an angry look.

Americans have been told to be tolerant but I think our tolerance is coming to an end.
One can't blame him, of course. When you're willing to spend a considerable premium to shop at the very best most prestigious top-tier retail establishment in the world, you have a right to expect a truly high class shopping experience. Needless to say, this means white shoppers only and certainly no oddly dressed foreigners. (Some may wonder how Urbanredneck knew that this couple were foreigners. Don't be silly. Just look at them. Real Americans are sick of this sort of thing.)
Old 10-07-2017, 03:44 PM

Oh, look! Urby is shy. Didn't even brag once about being a racist.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:50 PM

Didja ever notice the only time people like Urbanredneck become feminists is if it's Muslims doing the misogyny?
Old 10-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Elephant Whisperer

What, another Urbanredneck pit thread? For a board composed of smart people, it amazes me so many can't see him for the troll he is. He's just here to yank people's chains, and that's all. Anyone truly that ignorant would not be spending time here. Stop feeding the troll.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Didja ever notice the only time people like Urbanredneck become feminists is if it's Muslims doing the misogyny?
'Cuz he knows they is doin' it wrong. You ain't s'posed to cover 'em up, you morans!
Old 10-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

For a long while now I have read his name as, UBER redneck.

It kinda helps. But yeah, why engage with this level of intolerance, etc, etc, etc.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
What, another Urbanredneck pit thread? For a board composed of smart people, it amazes me so many can't see him for the troll he is. He's just here to yank people's chains, and that's all. Anyone truly that ignorant would not be spending time here. Stop feeding the troll.
Let me introduce you to an important guiding principle that has never let me down: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

This principle has many important corollaries, one of which is pertinent here: the assessment that "nobody could be that stupid", while it reflects a commendable optimism, is usually wrong.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
Let me introduce you to an important guiding principle that has never let me down: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

This principle has many important corollaries, one of which is pertinent here: the assessment that "nobody could be that stupid", while it reflects a commendable optimism, is usually wrong.
Just because he's stupid doesn't mean he can't also be malicious.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
You can add collegephobe to the list -- higher education has never been part of Urbanredneck's life in any way, so what good is it? Bunch of danged commie liberals, that's all they are! ...
One of his biggest cries about education is teacher's unions. The dude is a cookie cut Limbaugh stooge.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I agree. Urby's perniciously stupid.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:

Bah. He's just a troll. No more, no less.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
That's quite true. My maxim is primarily useful in accounting for the behavior of bureaucracies rather than lunatic posters. Still, as applied to an individual poster like Urbanredneck, there's a commendable generosity of spirit in the presumption that he was just born stupid rather than being intentionally malicious.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Remember Wildest Bill? That's who he reminds me of.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
Remember Wildest Bill? That's who he reminds me of.
Except that WB was capable of providing actual entertainment (as opposed to the nihilistic entertainment of bashing our heads against the wall of his cranium), too. Remember "Gotcha ya!"?

For the relative noobs

Last edited by jayjay; 10-07-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Except that WB was capable of providing actual entertainment (as opposed to the nihilistic entertainment of bashing our heads against the wall of his cranium), too. Remember "Gotcha ya!"?

For the relative noobs
Relative noobs? The guy was banned in 2001! His banning is almost old enough to vote!

Interesting to see a bit of the furor going on around here on 9/11 and soon thereafter--WB's last thread was about legalizing automatic weapons so that we would be better matched against the hordes of terrorists that were apparently soon to stream into the country.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
WB's last thread was about legalizing automatic weapons so that we would be better matched against the hordes of terrorists that were apparently soon to stream into the country.
Terrorists are streaming into the country! In #20 I quote Urbanredneck reporting that he had spotted a woman wearing a hijab at the local Walmart, causing him to have a conniption fit in an appropriately emotional exhibition of disgust and fear. This is exactly the sort of situation in which an automatic weapon is required!
Old 10-07-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Terrorists are streaming into the country! In #20 I quote Urbanredneck reporting that he had spotted a woman wearing a hijab at the local Walmart, causing him to have a conniption fit in an appropriately emotional exhibition of disgust and fear. This is exactly the sort of situation in which an automatic weapon is required!
Actually, here is a photo of a whole bus full of terrorists!
Old 10-07-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
Relative noobs? The guy was banned in 2001! His banning is almost old enough to vote!
I tend to forget that I'm old.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:14 PM

Good. Keep it up.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Same with homophobia - when it's a Muslim doing it, Urbanredneck and his ilk are right there on our side. But once there's no brown people being homophobic, LGBT folk can go fuck ourselves (but not each other).
Old 10-08-2017, 12:19 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Hilarious that Urbanredneck today inadvertently admitted to having a sock account. He admitted he is also Bruiser1036. Mods, take note.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Charter Member

If he starts calling us dhimmis, the odds of a LonesomePolecat sock will increase some.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Hilarious that Urbanredneck today inadvertently admitted to having a sock account. He admitted he is also Bruiser1036. Mods, take note.
So what do you think now, Siam Sam? Maybe I'm not up on my socking... Is he more classic troll or vile racist douche bag?
Old 10-08-2017, 05:41 PM

Socking! Positively socking!
Old 10-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
It's interesting that neither Urbanredneck nor Bruiser1036 has returned to the thread—or posted anywhere else on the Dope—since the alleged sockery was pointed out.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
So what do you think now, Siam Sam? Maybe I'm not up on my socking... Is he more classic troll or vile racist douche bag?
He could be the latter but is definitely the former. Either way, I still believe his main purpose is just to yank people's chains. He has outed himself as also being Bruiser1036, and that exposes his trollery, although it is odd he adopted two similar personas. But who knows who else he is here? He could be me! If one sock has now been proven, there could be others of differing viewpoints.

I've always wondered why TPTB can't see Okrahoma is the banned handsomeharry reincarnated, but that poster never admitted to sockery. Now that Urbanredneck has admitted it, it will be interesting to see how long he lasts.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:47 AM

Quote:
The question here, though, is whether malice and stupidity mutually enhance one another, or tend to cancel each other out. (For example, it's often remarked that stupidity is the only thing preventing Trump from putting some of his vast malice into effect.)
Old 10-09-2017, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
<snip>
You do the Left no favors by ranting like a loon.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:30 AM
Charter Member

That's what this Jones character does. And there are people who believe him.

Your point is not at all clear.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
He could be the latter but is definitely the former. Either way, I still believe his main purpose is just to yank people's chains. He has outed himself as also being Bruiser1036, and that exposes his trollery, although it is odd he adopted two similar personas. But who knows who else he is here? He could be me! If one sock has now been proven, there could be others of differing viewpoints.

I've always wondered why TPTB can't see Okrahoma is the banned handsomeharry reincarnated, but that poster never admitted to sockery. Now that Urbanredneck has admitted it, it will be interesting to see how long he lasts.
Just tossing out a possibility, here, but: this thread's title is predicated on the idea that the guy is ignorant, right? And you're willing to conclude, in this post, that he's stupid enough to slip up and out himself?

Is it possible he just replied, not as the OP, but without realizing he was responding to a post meant only to refer to the original poster?

Because then everything would fall into place pretty much the same way -- he's stupid, he's ignorant, you name it -- but he didn't actually mention stuff from the thread's first post, prefaced by a brisk "as I indicated when I started this thread," because he wasn't accidentally admitting to being the OP; he was just being dumb.

I mean, yes, granted, it could've been the other thing, too. But could it have just been a guy who was too dimwitted to notice the part about "OP"? Or too ignorant to know what it means? Or whatever, so long as it's not proof positive of socking?
Old 10-09-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeLurker View Post
You do the Left no favors by ranting like a loon.
What ranting? The gullibility of Jones' fanbase and his financial interest in exploiting them is fairly well documented. I recommend the recent Last Week Tonight piece on Jones.