Old 01-22-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
in a just world messing up a dinosaur thread should result in a god-damned instaban.
I'm not sure I agree but I like your enthusiasm.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubric Scarab View Post
This is my first post (long time dope peruser). I actually registered because that post made me so angry and I was considering reporting it. I've never really paid close attention to board moderation issues because I'm more entertained by reading than posting, and worthless posters are easy enough to skim over, so I'll ask the more knowledgeable people: does that post not violate the GQ rule about guesses, WAGs, and speculation? He even basically says he has no interest in providing evidence.

It's frustrating because I've been very into dinosaurs since I was a young kid, and here I was calmly enjoying a very interesting and informative thread with some great posts by very knowledgeable people, and then it's like I turn a corner and walk face first into that big pile of Triceratops shit from Jurassic Park. I was not expecting to see such a garbage post with no substance except a link to a garbage website.

And for fuck's sake, later on he starts the process of trying to turn an interesting thread into another tedious, moronic debate about evolution. I could give two shits about political trolling, but in a just world messing up a dinosaur thread should result in a god-damned instaban.

In all seriousness, is that post worth taking the time to report? Would anything be done? I've always had the impression that GQ has higher standards than the other sub-forums.
From your fingers to the mods eyes, at the very least some folks need to be banned from GQ.

CMC fnord!
Old 01-22-2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
Seeing activity on this thread, I figured that someone had posted this.
Despite what Urbanredneck claims, I'm sure dinosaurs died out long before humans appeared. However, I now suspect that at least one Neanderthal has survived.

Incidentally, he claims to be a former high school science teacher.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erysichthon View Post
Despite what [B]Incidentally, he claims to be a former high school science teacher.
He's one of those "science" teachers who doen't let evidence get in the way of his world view.

"Just because a mouse is in the cookie jar, that doesn't make it a cookie."
Old 01-24-2018, 06:18 PM

that makes it worse - someone not totally ignorant of real science but still willing to dilute it with his religion.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:28 PM

The man's spelling and grammar are absolute shit, and he claims to be a teacher? Yikes.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:54 PM
Elephant Whisperer

I suspect some exaggeration. He was actually a high-school janitor.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:26 AM

Or else he taught driver's ed.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

Another gem from our resident ignoramus:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...&postcount=832
Old 02-01-2018, 03:37 PM

oh heres yet another http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=848369
Old 02-03-2018, 05:32 PM

I just can't.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:37 PM

We have to remember that these people are delicate flowers. Snowflakes even, in a world that is very scary, purely evil and aligned against all that is good and Christian.

Reason and information are the tools of Satan, to convince you that the world is real and God isn't. That other people deserve special rights to be your equal when they clearly are not.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:15 PM

I don't believe for one minute he's a teacher. Or else he taught at some small fundie charter school -- he's just so fucking stupid.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Despite what Urbanredneck claims, I'm sure dinosaurs died out long before humans appeared. However, I now suspect that at least one Neanderthal has survived.

He should read this memo from God, to the Kansas Board of Education. I'm thankful that things have improved a little since it was written.

http://neilrieck.net/docs/god_on_evolution.html

Last edited by Baker; 02-03-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:39 AM

he thinks homeless people are carefree and don't need healthcare because "free clinics"

I wondered why nobody else challenged this nonsense and I can only suppose you aren't bothering to read him anymore. I totally forgot we already knew he was either a troll or to stupid to live.

and yet he continues to start threads and people respond, including me.

Old 03-09-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieLikesVariety View Post
he thinks homeless people are carefree and don't need healthcare because "free clinics"

I wondered why nobody else challenged this nonsense and I can only suppose you aren't bothering to read him anymore.
I'ma cut that post a bit of slack though, since I read it as just offering an illustration of Asuka's point about some homeless people being of the "hobo by choice" variety.

I agree that the fact that a small subset of homeless people actually enjoy a lifestyle that's pretty marginal in material terms would be a crappy reason for not trying to help homeless people in general to attain a more secure and prosperous life.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:50 AM

Urbanredneck has the distinction of having at least two threads celebrating his exploits (this is the other one), but I think this one is the better place for an update, since it's been noted here that in addition to being a homophobe, misogynist, and general all-around bigot with a special aversion to Muslims, Urbanredneck also has an extreme aversion to institutions of higher learning (see post #20).

There is currently a good discussion going on in GD about the differences between US and Canadian universities, so imagine my delight to see Urbanredneck show up and join the discussion. I was expecting the usual stellar insights, and he did not disappoint. First, he starts JAQing off about the obvious superiority of American universities based on certain important objective metrics, the most notable ones that I picked out being:

- those who go to American universities invariably walk around with T-shirts with the university logo and have university bumper stickers on their cars. That alone I think is enough to clinch the argument, but there's more ...

- American universities have school songs

- American universities have admission standards, like SAT scores (believe it or not, if your SAT score is not high enough, you might not get in!)

- American universities have international students (like, students actually come from other countries just to study there; personally, I don't believe it, because I've never heard of such a thing, but he says it's true!)

Later on, the previously noted collegephobia finally rears its head, to wit: if a Harvard graduate's toilet gets plugged up, who is he going to call to unplug it? He's going to call a plumber who went to a humble plumbing school (and I presume that this toilet-unplugging hero who plies his trade while the Harvard graduate helplessly looks on is probably a redneck). Like many of UR's brilliant insights, there's just no arguing with this. If someone just had the courage to ask the presidents of Harvard and MIT what they do when their toilets get plugged up, it would send shock waves through the whole system of American higher education, exposing its utter futility.

And as another parting shot, he also points out (via JAQing, again) that the best American schools have fraternities and sororities with, like, Greek letters in their names. Presumably nothing like this exists in Canada, which probably doesn't even have Greek letters, and that pretty much clinches the argument.

I must say that, plugged-toilet argument aside, it's heartwarming to see a collegephobe like Urbanredneck take up such a spirited patriotic defense of American universities despite being so heavily opposed to all forms of education on general principle. I can only assume that he's recently seen Animal House and has been persuaded that despite their propensity to teach things and to be all liberal and stuff, universities do actually have some redeeming features that he could get on board with, like Greek-lettered fraternities, food fights, and dead horses in the dean's office. Plus of course the T-shirts, bumper stickers, and school songs.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
Later on, the previously noted collegephobia finally rears its head, to wit: if a Harvard graduate's toilet gets plugged up, who is he going to call to unplug it? He's going to call a plumber who went to a humble plumbing school (and I presume that this toilet-unplugging hero who plies his trade while the Harvard graduate helplessly looks on is probably a redneck). Like many of UR's brilliant insights, there's just no arguing with this. If someone just had the courage to ask the presidents of Harvard and MIT what they do when their toilets get plugged up, it would send shock waves through the whole system of American higher education, exposing its utter futility.
I, too, noted that he glossed over who a plumber would want to call if they get cancer. Probably a Harvard Medical School grad.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:45 AM

At least he didn't ask if Canadian universities had libraries.

Last edited by Grey; 03-28-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

They do, of course, but the books are written in Canadian, rendering them useless.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:00 AM

He certainly knows how to troll the SDMB effectively.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:06 AM

Actually Canadian university libraries have some of the most important scholarly books ever written in the history of mankind, according to the demanding academic standards of Urbanredneck.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingon View Post
He certainly knows how to troll the SDMB effectively.
Even though he is incessantly attempting the disingenuous-OP-question technique, he is still as clumsy as ever doing it.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
I, too, noted that he glossed over who a plumber would want to call if they get cancer. Probably a Harvard Medical School grad.
Why would he call some egghead? Thoughts and prayers, baby, thoughts and prayers. If it's good enough for dead students, it's good enough for the cancer needs of a red-blooded, red-necked*, red-votin' American.

(*) Although, now that I think about it, the odds of a plumber having a red neck are pretty small. They must spend most of their time indoors in bathrooms and kitchens, so their exposure to the sun would be limited.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

He is in West Virginia, right?

Doesn't that explain all?
Old 03-28-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
He is in West Virginia, right?

Doesn't that explain all?
Kansas.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:32 PM

He also bumblefucked his way through his "Sokal Squared" thread:

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=871911

I'm pretty sure that because of that one published paper, we can throw out all published research. It's the ultimate "GOTCHA!!!"
Old 03-30-2019, 04:54 PM

Now he's whining about the fact that *gasp* trans people offended when you won't accept them as they say they are!

(Starts at post #139 and gets increasingly more moronic as it goes)
Old 03-30-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katriona View Post
Kansas.
Who could imagine they would freak out in Kansas?
Old 03-30-2019, 07:40 PM

KansasKansasKansas-do, do-do, do do do Kansas

Not sure what everyone's complaining about a misogynistic collegiaphobic high school teacher who's concerned about Harvard's clogged toilets.

He just needs to amp up more Bob Jones-y goodness.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
They do, of course, but the books are written in Canadian, rendering them useless.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Ironically, the dinosaurs did not die out before humans appeared - indeed the aves are with us still. And, of course, most modern humans have at least some Neanderthal ancestry.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:53 AM

Urbanredneck may have Neanderthal ancestry, but the dominant strain in his ancestry is troglodyte. Of the several definitions, I think the most suitable are "A person considered to be reclusive, reactionary, out of date, or brutish" and, in particular, "A lower-functioning subspecies humanoid that usually inhabits subterranean dwellings, and enjoys frequenting Wal-Mart."

Evidence for all the above abounds. This one comment alone pretty much establishes that those definitions are appropriate.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck
Let's say your an employer. You pass on looking at job applicants with obvious African American sounding names. Does that make you racist?

Well yes. But on the other hand think about how many employers with lots of experience hiring people, can size up a potential in just a few minutes and decide whether or not to hire them. So in this case many employers of small businesses have told me they have gotten that way because of bad experiences in the past with black employees. And thats even been from black employers.

So are they still racist?

He is one of literally only two posters on this board who I feel are far below the standards of intelligence, common sense, and decency. And the other one is almost exactly like him, to the point where I've thought they might be the same person.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:08 PM

He's still obviously trolling. I am not sure how much more obvious he can make this.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Okay, technically, he was picketing outside with a creationist sign. But that counts as teaching science at a high school.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
Ironically, the dinosaurs did not die out before humans appeared - indeed the aves are with us still. And, of course, most modern humans have at least some Neanderthal ancestry.
Most true, but my understanding is that Africans in general don't. Racists can suck on that for a while.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck
Let's say your an employer. You pass on looking at job applicants with obvious African American sounding names. Does that make you racist?

Well yes. But on the other hand think about how many employers with lots of experience hiring people, can size up a potential in just a few minutes and decide whether or not to hire them. So in this case many employers of small businesses have told me they have gotten that way because of bad experiences in the past with black employees. And thats even been from black employers.

So are they still racist?
Having negative opinions about people based on their skin color?

Yes, Urban, that's the actual definition of racism.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Having negative opinions about people based on their skin color?

Yes, Urban, that's the actual definition of racism.
But what if I'm racist?

Is that racist?
Old 07-24-2019, 08:26 PM

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...8&postcount=53

That’s some unapologetic white supremacy right there.

Go pop some OxyContin and dig up some coal, asshole. And taken your broken down suicidal unemployed white male asshole brethren with you.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:19 AM

He's what I call an operational troll: he may really just be as stupid and bigoted as he appears, but the effect is that operationally, he acts like a troll on this board.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:00 AM

Calling out more racist bullshit from Urbanredneck.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
The fact he's a fan of Alex Jones/Infowars says it all.
Yeah, this.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
He is opposed, and blames Obama.
roflmao