Old 03-05-2018, 04:10 PM

Has anyone ever pitted WillFarnaby ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillFarnaby View Post
Thank goodness for collusion. If only “Great Leaders” through history would have colluded, the masses would have been spared much torment.

The idea that the charges in the indictment amount to anything more than trivial polliticking is a slap in the face to the armies of highly paid campaign consultants, seasoned “operatives”, and mass-broadcast pundits who participated in the election.

This is probably why there is so much anxiety in the mainstream and leftist media and those plugged into it. The idea that they and those like them are not pulling every string is definitely an existential threat to their dreams of domination. The “experts” think they were upstaged by the Unanointed.

The truth is, the vast majority of people just don’t care about what the political “experts” think.
We have the general jist of your peculiar economic philosophy, but where do you stand on Trump? The final three paragraphs seem fawning enough, it's the 1st paragraph that confuses me.

Can you restate the teaching of your 1st paragraph with little words? Gods forfend that we deign to put words in your mouth.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:25 PM

He's an irate and crazy person. I find it pretty pointless to respond to him -- he seems to bear considerable enmity towards anyone who he feels is working for the enemy (the enemy being any government or military organization).
Old 03-05-2018, 04:48 PM

Ask him about the Civil War and get some popcorn.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Charter Member

He's on the border of being delusional and there's no point if engaging him. His basic stand seems to be that when reality collides with his theories, then everyone should ignore reality and listen to Will's theories. Even if the rest of the world chose to embrace Farnabysim, we'd have a hard time doing so; Will has never been able to clearly articulate what his theories are. He just complains that the world isn't in compliance with them.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Too dangerous. I find him intensely boring, so there would be a significant risk of choking on a kernel when I dozed off in mid-bite.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Farnabysim.
Like ew, ick.*

Flyer sock?

*and I just came out of the shower too
Old 03-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
According to him, the country went down the tubes because the wrong side won the Civil War. Or it would have went down the tubes, if it hadn't already went down the tubes when they illegally repealed the Articles of Confederation and replaced it with the tyranny of the Constitution.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:57 PM

So when exactly is he going to Farnaby, anyway?
Old 03-05-2018, 05:59 PM

My first encounter with him was in this thread -- he seems to be some sort of sovereign citizen type. They're always good for a laugh.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

I always thought of him as someone who fell in love with Libertarianism when he was 15 and never out-grew it, getting angrier and angrier the more and more reality diverged from his Sacred Beliefs. Eventually he slid into full-bore delusion and senility.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
His basic stand seems to be that when reality collides with his theories, then everyone should ignore reality and listen to Will's theories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
I always thought of him as someone who fell in love with Libertarianism ...
Checks out.
According to the Anti-Defamation League, "In 2018, domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the US, a sharp increase from the 37 extremist-related murders documented in 2017....every single extremist killing — from Pittsburgh to Parkland — had a link to right-wing extremism."
Old 03-05-2018, 06:17 PM

He's a slight variation on Starving Artist so you may as well pick just one to pit, in the name of efficiency.

Last edited by Bryan Ekers; 03-05-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:22 PM

WillFarnaby is a delusional paranoid crank. I bet there's tin foil in his windows and a well stocked cellar, come the revolution commrades.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
So when exactly is he going to Farnaby, anyway?
farn·a·by

/farn ə bē/

verb

To troll message boards while spouting conspiracy theory rhetoric in the tone of a demented decrepit asthmatic parrot (with a very bad case of halitosis).

"Will liked to Farnaby the Straight Dope Message Board when he had partaken a bit too much of that Ol' Smoky Moonshine."

Last edited by John DiFool; 03-05-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
WillFarnaby is a delusional paranoid crank. I bet there's tin foil in his windows and a well stocked cellar, come the revolution commrades.
Oh dear ... do you think he's smart enough to ground the tin foil so it works? ...
Old 03-05-2018, 11:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
He's a slight variation on Starving Artist so you may as well pick just one to pit, in the name of efficiency.
I don't see it. I might disagree with most of what Starving Artist says but at least what he says seems grounded in the real world.

Starving Artist might say that he supports Trump because Trump will stick it to the liberals. Now I might feel that that's a poor goal to pursue but I will concede that voting for Trump probably will see the liberals getting stuck.

Ask Will who he supported in the 2016 election and his response will be completely off the wall. He might not acknowledge that Trump or Clinton were even running or that an election occurred.

In a current thread on racism, Will appears to be denying the existence of white privilege. Now other people in the thread denied it as well. But their reasons were things like saying that racism no longer exists or that black people now have as much power as white people or that it's all a liberal myth. Will denied the existence of white privilege because he doesn't believe white people exist.

Now how are you supposed to have a meaningful discussion of racial issues with somebody who will come up with something like that?
Old 03-06-2018, 12:50 AM

These types of threads are why characters like Will Farnaby exist.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
I always thought of him as someone who fell in love with Libertarianism when he was 15 and never out-grew it, {...}
He shoulda picked the book with the orcs in it, amiright?

CMC fnord!
Old 03-06-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
I don't see it. I might disagree with most of what Starving Artist says but at least what he says seems grounded in the real world.
The similarity I've noted is the robotic repetition of their core assertions, regardless of any and all mitigating facts others bring to light. Occasionally, they can be pushed into saying things that are completely ridiculous but call them on it, and they'll express sincere belief in the obvious factuality of the ridiculous thing they've just said. Both of them are unsinkable rubber ducks in this regard, and pitting one is as fruitless as pitting the other.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
. Will denied the existence of white privilege because he doesn't believe white people exist.

Now how are you supposed to have a meaningful discussion of racial issues with somebody who will come up with something like that?
Hi Nemo. That could be an ironic poke at the very common argument that racial prejudice is ridiculous because race does not exist. Or it could be real agreement with that position; I won’t try to analyze whether that stance is relevant in the linked thread—which I didn’t read.

I agree with your point that SA and WillF are different critters
Old 03-06-2018, 08:11 AM

He's a libertarian. Listen to him politely, smile now and then, thank him for his trouble, and forget whatever he says. He's harmless enough, he's just a libertarian.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
The similarity I've noted is the robotic repetition of their core assertions, regardless of any and all mitigating facts others bring to light.
Okay, I'll agree with you on that one.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
These types of threads are why characters like Will Farnaby exist.
Wow, that was the most Farnabesque statement in the whole thread! Care to elaborate?

Last edited by Do Not Taunt; 03-06-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Not Taunt View Post
Wow, that was the most Farnabesque statement in the whole thread! Care to elaborate?
Ambivalid is playing SDMB: The Game, in which each thread is a mission and we're all NPCs. I'm a sassy hooker for some reason.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Seriously? Well that gets a wow from me too. Trolls troll for attention and irritation. What better validation of that than a multipage pit thread which combines it all in one go. C'mon.

Last edited by Ambivalid; 03-06-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Ambivalid is playing SDMB: The Game, in which each thread is a mission and we're all NPCs. I'm a sassy hooker for some reason.
Boy, hush yo mouth.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Seriously? Well that gets a wow from me too. Trolls troll for attention and irritation. What better validation of that than a multipage pit thread which combines it all in one go. C'mon.
Well, see, now this is logic, which your original post lacked. Obviously, you thought it was implied, but I honestly had no idea where you were going with that.

That said, I'm not sure I agree with the logic. If the consensus of the board is that Farnaby is a troll, let's just ban him and be done with it. But if there's some reasonable chance he's earnestly posting his crazy thoughts, we should at least encourage him to be better at it. A pit thread is an attempt at publicly shaming him into doing so. Or at least letting people blow off a little frustration.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Well, see, now this is logic, which your original post lacked. Obviously, you thought it was implied, but I honestly had no idea where you were going with that.

That said, I'm not sure I agree with the logic. If the consensus of the board is that Farnaby is a troll, let's just ban him and be done with it. But if there's some reasonable chance he's earnestly posting his crazy thoughts, we should at least encourage him to be better at it. A pit thread is an attempt at publicly shaming him into doing so. Or at least letting people blow off a little frustration.
Ok, I've just consistently without fail seen nothing but 100% worthless posts coming from this pitee of ours. Nothing of substance, nothing but partisan jabbing, trolling, just general assholishness. If you disagree, show me something from him supporting that position.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Ok, I've just consistently without fail seen nothing but 100% worthless posts coming from this pitee of ours.
Of his last 100 posts, only 2 were "quality posts". Not 100%, worthless, but close.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Of his last 100 posts, only 2 were "quality posts". Not 100%, worthless, but close.
I'm dubious of even that claim. 😁
Old 03-06-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Boy, hush yo mouth.

I believe the correct retort is: Shut your whore mouth!
Old 03-06-2018, 01:57 PM

WilFarnaby is what happens when you are raised as a child being fed an exclusively sweet, sweet libtard tear diet. His parents are really the unsung heroes here
Old 03-06-2018, 02:02 PM

Pretty sure his parents were Marxists. He's still rebelling for their love and attention.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:19 PM

Pretty sure he killed his parents.

ETA: obviously

Last edited by Ambivalid; 03-06-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:58 PM

nc

Last edited by andros; 03-06-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: too much of a reach for a lame joke
Old 03-06-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Ok, I've just consistently without fail seen nothing but 100% worthless posts coming from this pitee of ours. Nothing of substance, nothing but partisan jabbing, trolling, just general assholishness. If you disagree, show me something from him supporting that position.
To be clear, I've never seen a valuable post from either. But I have no idea whether he holds his ideas earnestly or not.

The pattern I've usually seen from him is a drive-by post, which I'd say 50% of the time just gets ignored, since it contributes so little. If he's a troll, he's pretty bad at it. The good ones stick around and really rile people up. Farns just can't be bothered.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwolf49 View Post
Oh dear ... do you think he's smart enough to ground the tin foil so it works? ...
Nope!
Old 03-07-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I have no idea whether he holds his ideas earnestly or not.
If he holds any ideas earnestly, it's the idea that trolling is easy.

Last edited by Ambivalid; 03-07-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:13 AM

It would be interesting to meet WillFarnaby in real life. He might be a likable intelligent-seeming guy ... until you start talking about economics or politics.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Oh don't be coy...you know why.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
WilFarnaby is what happens when you are raised as a child being fed an exclusively sweet, sweet libtard tear diet. His parents are really the unsung heroes here
... or home schooled by the John Birch Society
Old 03-08-2018, 04:00 PM

nm too stupid

Last edited by Ambivalid; 03-08-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:34 PM

Delusional crank is back.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

The one thing about him that really throws him off his "type" is that he isn't living in some shack in Idaho, or with his white brothers in an encampment on a Civil War battleground -- excuse me, a battleground of the War of Northern Aggression.

He has said before he lives in Baltimore. Which is fascinating to me.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:58 PM

I still say something happened to him after Trump was elected. We never agreed before, but I at least remember his attacks on me being coherent.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
He's on the border of being delusional and there's no point if engaging him. His basic stand seems to be that when reality collides with his theories, then everyone should ignore reality and listen to Will's theories.

TBF that's mine too, but my theories tend to be more benign. Mostly they revolve around our communal need for another drink wot you oughta pay for because... let me get my diagrams real quick...
Old 06-04-2019, 05:20 PM

Wholly endorsed. He's a gum-flapping dingdong.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I thought his performance in that thread was remarkable in that every single thing he said was not just factually wrong, but pretty much the humorous diametric opposite of reality. And he certainly said a lot of words in that thread, buzzing around in it like flies around dog shit. But that was before I noticed someone's comment upthread about one of Farnaby's own threads, wherein he shows us that taxation is extortion. That one is even more entertaining.

No wonder the guy is so hostile and bitter. He occasionally must have to leave his fortified survivor shack and go out into the real world, and that cannot be a pleasant experience for him. There are laws to be obeyed and government oppression everywhere! I can't even imagine what he goes through when he has to file tax returns. Probably heavy doses of Valium and anti-psychotics.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I still say something happened to him after Trump was elected.
In fairness you could say this of pretty much anybody.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:21 PM

WillFarnaby. I remember that time that he contributed a thoughtful, convincing idea to a thread. Ahh, memory lane.
*needle being dragged across a record sound effect*
Ha, ha ha. I kill me. Of course that shit never happened.