Old 12-30-2018, 06:05 PM

Calling myself out for a couple years ago - Ellis Dee was right, Kelce > Gronk at that point. Kelce just set the TE receiving yards record.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:00 AM

Ended the season on a high note with 130 points against Hamlet, but he basically won by dint of none of Mahomes' three TDs going to TyFreak. That, and Phil Lindsay breaking his wrist at halftime and becoming my fifth IR player (and one of eight players who ended the season on the injury inactive list). Had I beaten Ellis I would have won the championship game... but I didn't, so I didn't. Congrats on a well-deserved championship, Ellis!

Looking to next year, I suddenly have a ton of RB depth again. I doubt the Raiders are bringing back Lynch, and Kareem Hunt is bound to catch on somewhere by midseason). Chris Godwin should also be more reliable with D-Jax almost certain to leave Tampa. However, I'm going to need to find a fourth wide receiver, and another TE would be nice. I'm also going to be in trouble QB-wise if the Bucs don't bring back Jameis Winston to start next year (unless Josh Rosen has a Goff-like turnaround in Year 2).
Old 01-01-2019, 08:12 AM

Congrats to Ellis! Your team really did peak at the right time and it was fun to watch you win it all. (Plus, we really needed something unexpected this year after Varlos won in absentia last year).

I don't think I'll be anywhere near contention next year, but I've got high hopes for my team. If Tevin Coleman really does leave the Falcons (as everyone thinks he will), I'll have three big starters at RB. Four if Royce Freeman breaks through in his second year. My WRs are all over the place, but mostly, they're just old. And that's something I'll need to work on next year.

Bring on 2019!
Old 04-04-2019, 10:29 PM

How's the offseason going for you guys?

Pretty solid for me so far. Apparently there were a lot of problems underneath the surface between Rodgers and McCarthy, and it sounds like Rodgers has a chance to be his old self again under someone else.

Jordan Howard was traded to Philly. They didn't really want or appreciate him in Chicago, presumably they will in Philly, so that's a big upgrade. The flip side of that is that Ajayi, who I also have, loses value. Not sure how his recovery is going. But if they release/trade him and he catches on somewhere else, that's a pretty nice step up for my team.

With OBJ getting traded to Cleveland (FUCK YEAH), I think Evan Engram's value probably goes up just by necessity.

Related, I am very unlikely to be able to ever pry Mayfield out of Ellis' hands.

Last edited by SenorBeef; 04-04-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:40 AM

All I have to say is "Go, Cleveland!"

OBJ should only help Mayfield, especially reunited with Landry, but sadly Landry will likely take a step back. He's mostly a PPR guy, and OBJ will be cutting into those catches in a big way. On the plus side, I'm fully out of the Cleveland running game, which probably takes a bigger hit from OBJ than Landry will.

At this point I think I have become a real-life Browns fan. Not entirely sure I've jumped on the bandwagon "honestly," but it feels organic. So many connections between the Browns and both my fantasy team and the Giants. Here's hoping Mayfield lights it up with his big 3 weapons, 2 of which are on my team. Not sure how many targets will come Njoku's way, but hopefully he takes a step forward next season.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
Jordan Howard was traded to Philly. They didn't really want or appreciate him in Chicago, presumably they will in Philly, so that's a big upgrade. The flip side of that is that Ajayi, who I also have, loses value. Not sure how his recovery is going. But if they release/trade him and he catches on somewhere else, that's a pretty nice step up for my team.
Not so sure about that. Howard has been an enigma for me for a while now. When he was drafted I was pretty down on him. He ran the 40 in the 4.6 range and was right around the cusp of where he's just to slow to be an NFL RB. Yet his production in college was excellent on a team where he was really the only weapon. He surprised as a rookie where he was surprisingly effective as an every down back due to what seemed to be uncanny timing and vision for finding lanes. This continued his sophomore year. Last year with the new system and running scheme, he just couldn't produce. All those concerns about his speed and inability to get to the second level became really apparent. Not sure if he lost a step and/or if the new blocking scheme exposed his limitations. Perhaps he just is one of those guys that needs the reps to develop a rhythm. Tough to say, but more than anything he just looked like a big slow guy that went down on first contact.

Last edited by Omniscient; 04-15-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:58 AM

My first-round QB is probably getting traded. The offensive line in Arizona is awful so he'll likely be in a better situation elsewhere, but it would have been interesting to see what he did in a run-and-shoot offense.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:05 PM

We're going to be setting up the new year's league thread shortly, so in the meantime:
*** 2018 Trade Log ***

#1 (draft)
Jules Andre gets:
Pick 1.01 (RB Saquon Barkley, NYG)
Pick 3.01 (RB Chris Warren, Oak)
Pick 5.01 (WR D.J. Chark, Jax)
2019 3rd Round pick

Dalej42 gets:
QB Russell Wilson, Sea
WR Doug Baldwin, Sea
RB Derrick Henry, Ten
2019 1st Round pick

#2 (draft)
Jules Andre gets:
Pick 2.03 (Sent to Hamlet; WR Christian Kirk, Ari)

Justin_Bailey gets:
WR Donte Moncrief, Jax

#3 (draft)
Hamlet gets:
Pick 1.03 (RB Rashaad Penny, Sea)
Pick 1.11 (Sent to Jules Andre; WR Anthony Miller, Chi)

Justin_Bailey gets:
RB Royce Freeman, Den
Pick 6.02 (QB Mason Rudolph, Pit)

#4 (draft)
Jules Andre gets:
RB Lamar Miller, Hou
WR Corey Davis, Ten
Pick 1.06 (WR DJ Moore, Car)

SenorBeef gets:
RB Jordan Howard, Chi
WR T.Y. Hilton, Ind
Pick 2.10 (QB Sam Darnold, NYJ)