Old 08-26-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
Hmm. Did Hamlet just mind read JB?
Probably. I assume he doesn't trust any NE RB either. And Chubb is in Cleveland. I don't want anything to do with that situation.

And Hamlet's 6.02 pick will probably need to go to me so we can both finish the draft with 25 players.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:30 PM

What a wild start. If Hamlet drafted Freeman specifically hoping someone would try to trade for him after the fact, that is ballsy.

I sent a pm to Omni.

Last edited by Jules Andre; 08-26-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Charter Member

So I gather that none of the keepers or new rosters have been set up on Yahoo, so we need to figure out the available players on our own?
Old 08-26-2018, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

1.04 Sony Michel, RB, Patriots

Not in love with this pick. If anyone is interested in trading for his rights, shoot me an offer.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Dee View Post
Yep. Our draft typically only has like 60 picks or so, so it's not like you have to maintain a list of hundreds. Just google around for "dynasty rookie draft" to find lists and rankings.
In the past, Varlos would put in all the keepers and update the rosters as the draft went along. This made it easy to find the top remaining players, which was especially useful after say the 2nd round when you may start looking for non-rookies, second kickers and defenses.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:55 PM

You can see the rosters pre-cut on the old league page and you can see cuts from this thread.

Did you PM Ellis?

My pick may be late as I may be late to go home tonight. I'm potentially interested in trading down into the late first or early second.

Edit: I'll be doing what you ask for overnight. I needed the cuts list to do it so I was just waiting until then.

Last edited by SenorBeef; 08-26-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

I PMed Ellis.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:25 PM

I've been mulling over what to do for the last 30 minutes. I hate what's on the board right here, so I'm considering trades.

This is just an FYI that I'm looking to make a selection sometime around 9 to 9:30.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:07 PM

Call me crazy, but I legitimately think the Browns are going to be mediocre-at-worst this year, and bordering on actually good starting next year. So I'm all-in:

1.05 Ellis - Baker Mayfield, QB, Cle

I don't love the available RBs and WRs here, I have zero need for a TE, and two of the three QBs on my roster are entering their 15th season. (Yikes!) I need some QB depth going forward, and I have zero faith in Sam Darnold. By contrast, in 5 years I think Mayfield will be the Browns starter and putting up above average (though probably not great) fantasy numbers. Good enough for me.

Refreshing the draft list for the new page:

1.01 Jules - Saquon Barkley, RB, NYG
1.02 Justin - Royce Freeman, RB, Den
1.03 Hamlet - Rashaad Penny, RB, SEA
1.04 Omni - Sony Michel, RB, NE
1.06 Beef -
1.07 Petey -
1.08 Retro -
1.09 Gaffer -
1.10 Jules -
1.11 Hamlet
1.12 Overly -

2.01 dale -
2.02 Hamlet -
2.03 Jules -
2.04 Omni -
2.05 Ellis -
2.06 Overly -
2.07 Petey -
2.08 Retro -
2.09 Gaffer -
2.10 Jules -
2.11 RNATB -
2.12 Overly -

3.01 Jules -
3.02 Hamlet -
3.03 RNATB -
3.04 Omni -
3.05 Ellis -
3.06 Beef -
3.08 Retro -
3.09 Gaffer -
3.10 Jules -
3.11 RNATB -
3.12 Beef -

4.01 dale -
4.02 Hamlet -
4.03 Justin -
4.04 Omni -
4.05 Ellis -
4.08 Retro -
4.09 Gaffer -

5.01 Jules -
5.02 Hamlet -
5.03 Justin -
5.04 Omni -
5.09 Gaffer -

6.02 Justin -

Notes:

I removed Overly's 4th round pick since his final cuts leave only 3 draft picks, and I added a 5th round pick for Omni. I also moved Hamlet's last (6th round) pick to Justin to even out their unbalanced trade. (Otherwise, Justin would be left with a hole in his roster, and Hamlet can't use it anyway. Being the very last pick in the draft it has no value.)

PM sent to SenorBeef.

Last edited by Ellis Dee; 08-26-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Keepers
QB
Blake Bortles, QB, Jax
Mitchell Trubisky, QB, Chi
Andrew Luck, QB, Ind

RB
Alex Collins, RB, Bal
Tarik Cohen, RB, Chi
Elijah McGuire, RB, NYJ

WR
Julio Jones, WR, Atl
Golden Tate, WR, Det
Adam Thielen, WR, Min
Danny Amendola, WR, Mia
Robert Woods, WR, LAR
Chris Hogan, WR, NE
Kenny Golladay, WR, Det
Torrey Smith, WR, Car

TE
Kyle Rudolph, TE, Min
Gerald Everett, TE, LAR

K
Ryan Succop, K, Ten

DEF
Chicago, DEF, Chi
Kansas City, DEF, KC

Cuts
Jacoby Brissett, QB, Ind
Dwayne Washington, RB, Det
Thomas Rawls, RB, NYJ
Chandler Catanzaro, K, TB
Dwayne Allen, TE, NE
Chris Conley, WR, KC
Tajae Sharpe, WR, Ten

Sorry for the delay folks.
Need to add a cut that I forgot.

Cuts
Jacoby Brissett, QB, Ind
Dwayne Washington, RB, Det
Thomas Rawls, RB, NYJ
Chandler Catanzaro, K, TB
Dwayne Allen, TE, NE
Chris Conley, WR, KC
Tajae Sharpe, WR, Ten
DeMarco Murray, RB, Ten

Forgot that he retired. Man I am in rough shape.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:21 PM

I'll need at least a few hours. Sorry. Not home yet.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:13 PM

Deciding, I think, between Guice, Chubb, and Ronald Jones. Didn't think they'd all be here.

A lot of people on fantasy discussions seem to think that if you thought Guice was the #2 or #3 pick this year, then you should still be willing to draft him in the mid firsts - dynasty is for the long haul and he'll only miss one year. He's likely to get his chance next year (Redskins just patching over the problem with Peterson) and surgery recoveries when you're that young are usually successful. But anything could happen. Maybe Perine gets better and earns the starting job going forward. Maybe Guise will lose his explosion after the surgery. A lot of people would take Guise here, but I'm not sure I can stomach drafting a guy I know will miss a year due to injury before he's proven.

Ronald Jones - this seems like a good situation because there's no one else in TB and they drafted him pretty high. And based on some college film I like his running style, reminds me a bit of a less shifty LeSean McCoy. But every piece of news that's come out about him is negative, and he's running for 1 YPC in the preseason.

Nick Chubb - I'm actually not terribly compelled to make the homer pick here. It's too hard to judge from his preseason - the second unit offensive line is really bad in run blocking and regularly gets him killed behind the line - it's hard to even tell what he could do. His running style doesn't seem to be anything special, but he has a good size/speed ratio. I think they structured Hyde's contract so that they could cut him whenever they wanted, so maybe he's the full time guy in Cleveland next year.... but maybe Hyde does well and keeps it a split committee for a long time.

Or I could take the best WR here but none seem to be too highly rated.

Surprised and sad Mayfield went before me. I was actually going to try to move down into the second round where I thought I could pick him up. Ah well. I'm actually pretty sold on Mayfield - I think after all this time he's the guy. I said something pretty positive but not quite as positive about Kizer last year, but I can see now that Mayfield's accuracy and decision making are in a totally different tier.

Will have a pick in a bit.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Deciding, I think, between Guice, Chubb, and Ronald Jones. Didn't think they'd all be here.
Your thoughts closely mirror mine on pretty much all counts.

I almost drafted Chubbs, but I just couldn't pull the trigger for two reasons:

1) I already have Carlos Hyde; doubling up on the Cleveland running game seemed to have a lower ceiling than taking their (in my mind) franchise quarterback for years to come.

2) After watching two Browns preseason games, I dunno, I kinda think Hyde will be the man there.

Quote:
Surprised and sad Mayfield went before me. I was actually going to try to move down into the second round where I thought I could pick him up. Ah well. I'm actually pretty sold on Mayfield - I think after all this time he's the guy. I said something pretty positive but not quite as positive about Kizer last year, but I can see now that Mayfield's accuracy and decision making are in a totally different tier.
The first Cleveland preseason game happened to be against the Giants, meaning I watched every snap. I was impressed with Mayfield in that game. Then the Hard Knocks effect starting kicking in -- where the more I see a player the more I like them just by virtue of familiarity -- and I started thinking about "What if I drafted Mayfield with my 1st?" I then stumbled across the third preseason game against the Eagles and recorded it just to see if I was crazy.

Not only did I like what I saw from him in that game too (despite not scoring any points), but I was also reminded how fragile Taylor is. I'm rooting for Taylor to stay healthy to get Mayfield more time on the bench, but frankly I'll be surprised if he lasts more than 6 games.

I've got Big Ben and Eli, both of whom could fall off a cliff tomorrow. Like, literally tomorrow, as in Monday, August 27th. The only other QB on my roster is Mariota. I like Mariota, but not "build a team around him" like him. But I could see myself being perfectly content with a Mayfield/Mariota tandem for the next 10 years, which is why the extreme reach felt justified to me.

I have two guys coming off pre-season IR from last year and both are looking to be underutilized to the point of uselessness this year due to the extreme "out of sight, out of mind" effect you get on NFL rosters. No way was I spending a top 5 pick on a "maybe next year" running back no matter how much I like Guice. Ronald Jones strikes me as a gamble at best, and I'm notoriously bad at early first round gambles.

The wide receivers this year all look like garbage to me, at least in terms of spending a first round pick on one.

In the end, I wanted to spend my top 5 pick on a player I felt was guaranteed to actually contribute to my team for years to come, and Mayfield seems so much more likely to do that than anyone else available.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:45 AM

Trade to announce:
Jules Andre gives up:
Jordan Howard, RB, Chi
T.Y. Hilton, WR, Ind
Pick 2.10

SenorBeef gives up:
Lamar Miller, RB, Hou
Corey Davis, WR, Ten
Pick 1.06

With the sixth pick, Jules Andre selects DJ Moore, WR, Car

Lots to say about this one in a bit. Sorry for the extended time on this pick. That was pretty much my fault. SenorBeef was trying to make his choice, and I kept tossing offers out until something stuck. Petey is on the clock, pm sent.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:53 AM

Updated Draft tracker

Thanks for the refresh, Ellis. Even if your formatting makes my eye twitch.

1.01 Jules - Saquon Barkley, RB, NYG (from dale)
1.06 Jules - DJ Moore, WR, Car (from SenorBeef)
1.07 Petey -
1.08 Retro -
1.09 Gaffer -
1.10 Jules -
1.11 Hamlet
1.12 Overly -

2.01 dale -
2.02 Hamlet -
2.03 Jules -
2.04 Omni -
2.05 Ellis -
2.06 Overly -
2.07 Petey -
2.08 Retro -
2.09 Gaffer -
2.10 Beef-
2.11 RNATB -
2.12 Overly -

3.01 Jules -
3.02 Hamlet -
3.03 RNATB -
3.04 Omni -
3.05 Ellis -
3.06 Beef -
3.08 Retro -
3.09 Gaffer -
3.10 Jules -
3.11 RNATB -
3.12 Beef -

4.01 dale -
4.02 Hamlet -
4.03 Justin -
4.04 Omni -
4.05 Ellis -
4.08 Retro -
4.09 Gaffer -

5.01 Jules -
5.02 Hamlet -
5.03 Justin -
5.04 Omni -
5.09 Gaffer -

6.02 Justin -
Old 08-27-2018, 02:55 AM

Yeah, sorry, most of the delay was on me. I had planned to cram research in on Thursday and Friday and ended up too busy, and then away from my computer for the weekend. So I was cramming in a lot over those few hours. Petey wasn't around anyway so it probably didn't matter much, but sorry all the same.

Jules is Brownsing the hell out of this draft. In the making it interesting way, not the "being bad at whatever they're doing" way.

Going from Davis to Hilton is 6 years in age, which hurts me right in my balls, but Hilton has been consistently great with good quarterbacking. I hope Luck can function this year. And Howard is probably my highest floor starter now with a decent ceiling. In return, Lamar Miller was unreliable. Losing the 1.06 hurts, though. But I couldn't decide on the damn thing anyway.

Last edited by SenorBeef; 08-27-2018 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:04 AM

I'll have to update the rosters in the new league to account for everything so far tomorrow. It's probably a lot of busywork since I'll be starting from scratch. Will try to get it done by the afternoon.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:23 AM

Well, well, well. I finally completed the mission for which I set out in 2017. I posted during that draft that my plan was to get three of the top five picks and turn them into my core for the next 5 years: Fournette, Corey Davis, and whichever of Mixon, Cook, and McCaffrey was there. Mixon was my favorite of the that last three, which may have been a mistake. We'll see. But those three players were each such incredible prospects based on my grading criteria that I was determined to get all three.

But try as I might, I couldn't manage to get that third pick. The way it worked out, I had to sacrifice getting Davis, and he has maintained a powerful enchantment over me ever since. I tried a couple different times last year to pry him from SenorBeef, and it just never went anywhere.

I think in terms of pure "value," I came out behind in this deal by a tiny bit. Howard is a high-ceiling workhorse in an emerging offense. Hilton has as good a chance as anyone to lead the league in receiving. But, the three-year plan is basically complete. Now the average age of all my starters (sans kicker and defense) is under 24, with the oldest being my QB at 25. No one on my bench is older than 27. I imagine I won't be trading up in the 1st round of the draft for quite a few years.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:45 AM

Trade.

Petey gets Demaryius Thomas
SenorBeef gets pick 1.07

1.07 Nick Chubb, RB, Cleveland Browns

PMing retro.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:55 AM

I kept going back and forth between Chubb and Kerryon Johnson. I think Kerryon Johnson will be the better player for next 2 years, but I'm hoping Chubb's 98th percentile Sparq score wins out for the ceiling in the end. It's funny because I like Kerryon's running style more and he seems more impressive in highlights, Chubb is just sort of a boring size/speed guy, but rather than go with my heart and my eyes I went with consensus ranking and athleticism.

I guess I'll be mildly haunted if Kerryon turns out to be a star, but it would've bothered me more if Chubb did and I didn't have him.

This actually makes my team kind of RB heavy. I was fairly balanced before with Howard/Drake/Ajayi/Crowell/Montgomery/Perine and Gordon/Hilton/Thomas/Robinson/Meredith/Martavis/Nelson but this move leaves me a little understaffed at WR. Go Go Josh Gordon.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Andre View Post
Thanks for the refresh, Ellis. Even if your formatting makes my eye twitch.
Out of curiosity, how so?

The reason I changed it from the original formatting in post 81 is because I wanted it to be clearly obvious which lines displayed a taken pick and which lines did not. In post 81, you couldn't even tell at a glance what pick was currently on-the-clock.

The main issue is the variable-length descriptions of the picks. If they're all roughly the same (narrow) width, it makes it easier to review the draft with a glance instead of having to carefully parse each line.

Note: You forgot to add Omni's 6th round pick.

EDIT: See this post from last year's thread as an example. It's identical to the formatting I applied (on purpose; I looked up last year's formatting) except I stripped out the "[from owner]" trade notices, which don't strike me as hugely relevant.

Beef (or anyone) is of course free to add them back in, but I feel it just makes the list harder to read. Maybe add them back in at the end of the draft in a final recap?

Last edited by Ellis Dee; 08-27-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Dee View Post
Out of curiosity, how so?
I was just messing with you for changing it. It's fine, and I appreciate the help keeping up with it.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Trade to announce:
Jules Andre gives up:
Jordan Howard, RB, Chi
T.Y. Hilton, WR, Ind
Pick 2.10

SenorBeef gives up:
Lamar Miller, RB, Hou
Corey Davis, WR, Ten
Pick 1.06

With the sixth pick, Jules Andre selects DJ Moore, WR, Car

Lots to say about this one in a bit. Sorry for the extended time on this pick. That was pretty much my fault. SenorBeef was trying to make his choice, and I kept tossing offers out until something stuck. Petey is on the clock, pm sent.
Wow, that looks like a really lopsided trade in Beef's favor....again.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Wow, that looks like a really lopsided trade in Beef's favor....again.
Oh, good. I was worried people were going to stop trading with me for winning every trade and clearly establishing myself as the eternal emperor of this league for generations to come.

I can absolutely see how you might see this trade as a win for Beef, especially if you just look at this year. Assuming Howard fits the new offense, he's a safe pick. If Luck returns to form then Hilton is a safe bet, too. Miller and Davis are definitely not. But Miller was the equivalent of a top 8-10 back when Watson was healthy last year, and he did that as a fatass. Davis never got a chance to get going. If you think Davis will be a bust based on last year, yeah, this looks bad. I think he's a stud, and he's only 23.

If I overpaid, I was willing to do so to pick up the extra first round pick. And I moved up over a full round in doing so. That's a big deal.

There is a trade calculator out there that I saw which says I lost this deal, though it calls it a slight win for Beef. But there are several others that say I won the trade. So, I won't say you're outright wrong here, but "really lopsided" doesn't sound reasonable, to me. Hell, the Saquon trade was a much worse loss for me according to calculators. I vastly overpaid to get my guy in that case. Like, dale took my lunch money in that one. I should tell a school monitor, or something.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:53 PM

I got a couple of things in the hopper, but I'll make my pick around 6ish (cst) if those don't look like they work out.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Oh, good. I was worried people were going to stop trading with me for winning every trade and clearly establishing myself as the eternal emperor of this league for generations to come.

I can absolutely see how you might see this trade as a win for Beef, especially if you just look at this year. Assuming Howard fits the new offense, he's a safe pick. If Luck returns to form then Hilton is a safe bet, too. Miller and Davis are definitely not. But Miller was the equivalent of a top 8-10 back when Watson was healthy last year, and he did that as a fatass. Davis never got a chance to get going. If you think Davis will be a bust based on last year, yeah, this looks bad. I think he's a stud, and he's only 23.

If I overpaid, I was willing to do so to pick up the extra first round pick. And I moved up over a full round in doing so. That's a big deal.

There is a trade calculator out there that I saw which says I lost this deal, though it calls it a slight win for Beef. But there are several others that say I won the trade. So, I won't say you're outright wrong here, but "really lopsided" doesn't sound reasonable, to me. Hell, the Saquon trade was a much worse loss for me according to calculators. I vastly overpaid to get my guy in that case. Like, dale took my lunch money in that one. I should tell a school monitor, or something.
Lamar Miller is 27 and has never put together a 1100 yard season. Howard is 23 and has had 2, and their offense if going to be more dynamic this year. Houston drafted what they hope is Miller's replacement in the 3rd round last year. Corey Davis had 375 yards in 11 games last year. TY has had 4 1000 yard seasons and has Luck back.

I mean, rationalize away, but age, upside and production all heavily favor Beef and the difference between 1.06 and 2.10 isn't close to making it up. If it were 1.01 or 1.02 I might think otherwise. Miller is AT BEST the Titan's version of Demarco Murray, who is now retired.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:21 PM

Alright, so I'm trying to enter the rosters/draft results on yahoo, but the teams must be finalized before I can do that. We actually have 2 people who still haven't taken their invite to the new league, so I can't finalize yet.

Overly Sentimental and Hamlet are the two who aren't signed up yet.

I'm going to send out another set of invites now, please take them.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Lamar Miller is 27 and has never put together a 1100 yard season. Howard is 23 and has had 2, and their offense if going to be more dynamic this year. Houston drafted what they hope is Miller's replacement in the 3rd round last year.
1100 is an odd number to choose as a benchmark. Miller did once run for 1099 yards, but you're right. Miller has proven he can never run for 1100 yards. He's never come close. On a serious note, Howard is a more accomplished runner, there's no doubt about that. But Miller has put together four straight seasons of 1200 total yards, which is what matters. His replacement is coming off a serious foot injury, hasn't been cleared to play yet, and wasn't great when he did play.
Quote:
Miller is AT BEST the Titan's version of Demarco Murray, who is now retired.
I don't understand this comparison. They aren't the same type of player at all. I think you only mentioned Murray to insinuate Miller is close to retirement? But let's go with this, since you brought it up.

Murray retired at 30. So if I get 3 more years of Miller, I'm happy. And that whole thing about Howard being in a more dynamic offense? It's very possible he doesn't fit that offense and falters. That has happened before... ironically, most recently when DeMarco Murray imploded under Chip Kelly.

I like Howard a lot, but if the downgrade from Howard to Miller (what... 15 points over a season?) gets me Davis and Moore for Hilton and whoever you can get with a late second, I think I did okay. Davis and Moore are both exceptional talents, to me. They rated very, very highly in my grades. In fact, Davis has my highest WR grade for an incoming rookie over the last three years, and Moore is second. That's why I was so aggressive in grabbing the extra pick. I understand your grades might differ. I think I did okay.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Alright, so I'm trying to enter the rosters/draft results on yahoo, but the teams must be finalized before I can do that. We actually have 2 people who still haven't taken their invite to the new league, so I can't finalize yet.

Overly Sentimental and Hamlet are the two who aren't signed up yet.

I'm going to send out another set of invites now, please take them.
I just accepted it. Should I just leave my team from the SDMB Dynasty 2018 league that, I'm guessing, simply updated the 2017 one, or will we just not be using that one?
Old 08-27-2018, 04:31 PM

The old league has our records and league history, so I'm going to see if I can leave it open in some sort of dormant state in case we ever want to look back.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:24 PM

Pick 1.08 Courtland Sutton WR DEN

PM to be sent.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:31 PM

And Marqise Lee is out for the season before it even starts. Why am I not surprised?
Old 08-27-2018, 05:47 PM

Pick 1.09 Derrius Guice RB WAS

I would've taken either Mayfield or Moore at this spot if either had been available. I did not think I'd have to trade up, though, to get either one of them.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
1100 is an odd number to choose as a benchmark. Miller did once run for 1099 yards, but you're right. Miller has proven he can never run for 1100 yards. He's never come close. On a serious note, Howard is a more accomplished runner, there's no doubt about that. But Miller has put together four straight seasons of 1200 total yards, which is what matters. His replacement is coming off a serious foot injury, hasn't been cleared to play yet, and wasn't great when he did play.

I don't understand this comparison. They aren't the same type of player at all. I think you only mentioned Murray to insinuate Miller is close to retirement? But let's go with this, since you brought it up.

Murray retired at 30. So if I get 3 more years of Miller, I'm happy. And that whole thing about Howard being in a more dynamic offense? It's very possible he doesn't fit that offense and falters. That has happened before... ironically, most recently when DeMarco Murray imploded under Chip Kelly.

I like Howard a lot, but if the downgrade from Howard to Miller (what... 15 points over a season?) gets me Davis and Moore for Hilton and whoever you can get with a late second, I think I did okay. Davis and Moore are both exceptional talents, to me. They rated very, very highly in my grades. In fact, Davis has my highest WR grade for an incoming rookie over the last three years, and Moore is second. That's why I was so aggressive in grabbing the extra pick. I understand your grades might differ. I think I did okay.
Let me sum it up this way. I just finished my IRL Big Money Fantasy draft this past weekend. It's in it's 14th year and the scoring system is ridiculously biased towards running back (don't ask), it's a full-redraft league. In that draft Howard was the 11th RB off the board in the 2nd round right after Dalvin Cook and right before Davante Freeman. Lamar Miller went at the end of the 6th round.

ESPNs ADP (actual fantasy draft results, not projections) have Jordan Howard at 28, Lamar Miller at 57. Howard is right behind Joe Mixon and ironically TY Hilton on this list, so take that with a grain of salt.

Fantasy Pros has Howard as the 37th overall Dynasty player between Guice and Rashaad Penny. Miller is at 72. TY Hilton is 29, DJ Moore is 57 and Corey Davis is 32.

The downgrade from Howard to Miller is way more than you say it is in 2018 and Howard is also a much, much better option in Dynasty.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:58 PM

Okay, this should be an up to date list of kept players, draft picks, and available players. (You can see available players by searching the players tab for unowned players)

It was a lot of busywork and a little bit of a complicated situation processing the trades. It helps to conceptualize that when you do a pick-for-kept-player swap, you're actually trading the keeper spot that the player was kept with rather than the player. It's like the automatic last pick swap of trades thing.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Okay, this should be an up to date list of kept players, draft picks, and available players. (You can see available players by searching the players tab for unowned players)
3.03 should belong to RNATB. And 6.02 should be mine.

---

As for Howard vs Miller, I think the really important piece of that trade is TY Hilton. I don't think that Andrew Luck is going to be the player he was, which will really hurt Hilton. In that way, I think it's a pretty fair trade.

But man, Jules is definitely raising the bar for all of us.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:

It was a lot of busywork and a little bit of a complicated situation processing the trades. It helps to conceptualize that when you do a pick-for-kept-player swap, you're actually trading the keeper spot that the player was kept with rather than the player. It's like the automatic last pick swap of trades thing.
Ok that's good work beef thanks.
Can I just say that the yahoo product continues to confound me. They've gone crazy with this two factor authentication now and I guess I get it, but who has anything of value attached to a Yahoo account? Somebody gonna hack me and manage my fantasy team? Come on.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I should own the 1.11 pick thanks to the Royce Freeman trade.

And thank you. Stepping in and taking over commishionership is a fucking pain in the ass, so thanks for doing it.

As to the trade, I think Jordan Howard's shelf life is very limited, as Hilton's may be because much of his production is speed and Luck dependant. I do think Corey Davis has the chance to be a hhge difference maker in the NFL for a long time,, but Im not a DJ Moore fan. All in all, it strikes me that Jules is swinging for the fences in his youth movement and Beef is willing to trade upside for shorter turn production. If I thought Davis and Moore would be the foundation for a high performance team in the future, I'd do the trade. I just dont think they are, and I'm unsure the risk that they won't be studs outweighed the reward if they are.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:01 PM

Pick 1.10 James Washington, WR, Pit

Reaching here to get the guy I truly coveted. I would have understood if I couldn't move up and take Moore, but missing out on Washington would have crushed me. I know his stock is a little lower by ADP because of his spot on Pittsburgh, but I think that spot matches his talent perfectly. I think he's good enough that Juju might find himself seeing fewer and fewer targets with Antonio being the uber-WR and Washington being so exceptional on deep routes.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I imagine I won't be trading up in the 1st round of the draft for quite a few years.
GOOD GOD THAT'S JULES ANDRE'S MUSIC!

Trade to announce:
Jules Andre gives up:
Chris Carson, RB, Sea
Seattle
Pick 2.03
Pick 3.10

Hamlet gives up:
Corey Clement, RB, Phi
Philadelphia
Pick 1.11
Pick 4.02

With pick 1.11, Jules Andre selects Anthony Miller, WR, Chi

pm sent to Overly Sentimental. I'll refresh to draft board in a second

Last edited by Jules Andre; 08-27-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:09 PM

Don't worry about it, I was in the middle of refreshing it when you posted that trade announcement.

1.01 Jules - Saquon Barkley, RB, NYG
1.06 Jules - DJ Moore, WR, Car
1.07 Beef - Nick Chubb, RB, Cle
1.08 Retro - Courtland Sutton, WR, Den
1.09 Gaffer - Derrius Guice, RB, Was
1.10 Jules - James Washington, WR, Pit
1.11 Jules - Anthony Miller, WR, Chi
1.12 Overly -

2.01 dale -
2.02 Hamlet -
2.03 Hamlet -
2.04 Omni -
2.05 Ellis -
2.06 Overly -
2.07 Petey -
2.08 Retro -
2.09 Gaffer -
2.10 Beef -
2.11 RNATB -
2.12 Overly -

3.01 Jules -
3.02 Hamlet -
3.03 RNATB -
3.04 Omni -
3.05 Ellis -
3.06 Beef -
3.08 Retro -
3.09 Gaffer -
3.10 Hamlet -
3.11 RNATB -
3.12 Beef -

4.01 dale -
4.02 Jules -
4.03 Justin -
4.04 Omni -
4.05 Ellis -
4.08 Retro -
4.09 Gaffer -

5.01 Jules -
5.02 Hamlet -
5.03 Justin -
5.04 Omni -
5.09 Gaffer -

6.02 Justin -
6.04 Omni -
Old 08-27-2018, 09:11 PM

Well, I'm going to dredge up your old pretty draft tracker format and use it because it's so lovely. I think it was from 2013.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:37 PM

Look how pretty you made this! See, we can still have nice things.

2018 Draft
1.01:..Jules.....Saquon Barkley, RB, NYG
1.02:..Justin....Royce Freeman, RB, Den
1.03:..Hamlet....Rashaad Penny, RB, Sea
1.04:..Omni......Sony Michel, RB, NE
1.05:..Ellis.....Baker Mayfield, QB, Cle
1.06:..Jules.....DJ Moore, WR, Car
1.07:..Beef......Nick Chubb, RB, Cle
1.08:..Retro.....Courtland Sutton, WR, Den
1.09:..Gaffer....Derrius Guice, RB, Was
1.10:..Jules.....James Washington, WR, Pit
1.11:..Jules.....Anthony Miller, WR, Chi
1.12:..Overly....

2.01:..Dale......
2.02:..Hamlet....
2.03:..Hamlet....
2.04:..Omni......
2.05:..Ellis.....
2.06:..Overly....
2.07:..Petey.....
2.08:..Retro.....
2.09:..Gaffer....
2.10:..Beef......
2.11:..RNATB.....
2.12:..Overly....

3.01:..Jules.....
3.02:..Hamlet.....
3.03:..RNATB.....
3.04:..Omni......
3.05:..Ellis.....
3.06:..Beef......
3.08:..Retro.....
3.09:..Gaffer....
3.10:..Hamlet....
3.11:..RNATB.....
3.12:..Beef......

4.01:..Dale......
4.02:..Jules.....
4.03:..Justin....
4.04:..Omni......
4.05:..Ellis.....
4.08:..Retro.....
4.09:..Gaffer....

5.01:..Jules.....
5.02:..Hamlet....
5.03:..Justin....
5.04:..Omni......
5.09:..Gaffer....

6.02:..Justin....
6.04:..Omni......
Old 08-27-2018, 10:07 PM

Iím looking to move into a second round spot if anyone is looking for a QB.

Andy Dalton for sure is available and Drew Brees could be with the right offer.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Trade to announce:
Jules Andre gives up:
Chris Carson, RB, Sea
Seattle
Pick 2.03
Pick 3.10

Hamlet gives up:
Corey Clement, RB, Phi
Philadelphia
Pick 1.11
Pick 4.02
I gave up the best player in this deal, and I certainly overpaid for what I got. But it was a necessary evil. Hamlet made for a good trade partner because he drafted Penny, and I am a terrible, very bad, no good homer.

My plan was to initially draft Washington at 1.10 since he was my main guy. I couldn't risk him being taken in the couple picks between 1.10 and 2.03 (where I thought a run on WR would start). I spent this entire draft trying to move up from 2.10. Finally, I just decided to move up from 2.03.

Clement and Philadelphia are obvious homer picks, but I love Clement. Ajayi will be gone after this year, and there's no reason Clement can't be a 3 down back there. He has already proven that he's a tough, consistent runner and an incredible pass catcher. I knew I would be going heavy WR this draft, and paying for some of those resources with my RB depth, so I wanted a stash for next year. I'm guessing he's the guy next year.

Four first round picks in one draft is a hell of a haul. Unfortunately, I am the worst Pokemon master. I could not catch them all.

Quote:
Pick 1.10 James Washington, WR, Pit
Pick 1.11 Anthony Miller, WR, Chi
Got dam do I love me some James Washington. Sure do hope I'm not wrong about him. He's a crazy skilled technician with elite ball skills. DJ Moore was my highest rated prospect because of his incredible physical tools, but I think Washington is the best receiver in the draft by a wide margin. Pittsburgh is a curious fit, but I think he'll be just fine as a deep threat for a few years. What Washington does before he gets the ball is special.

What Anthony Miller does after he gets the ball is pretty great, too. That's why I picked him over a couple other guys at that spot, plus he has a chance to accrue meaningful stats this season as a starter in the slot. Normally, I don't like slot receivers, but Miller is an atypical prospect because he's fantastic downfield while playing from inside. Both these guys easily passed my eye test. Now how can I move up to 1.12...
Old 08-27-2018, 11:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules andre View Post
with pick 1.11, jules andre selects anthony miller, wr, chi
fuck. You.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
The downgrade from Howard to Miller is way more than you say it is in 2018 and Howard is also a much, much better option in Dynasty.
I'm certainly not going to be convinced by ADP. I'm not arguing that Howard is worse. Of course he's not. He's a much better dynasty option, I agree, but I think Corey Davis is a much better dynasty option than Hilton. What is interesting is that you think that Howard is way more valuable than Howard this year. How much more valuable? I think Miller finishes within 25 points of Howard. What do you think?

Quote:
fuck. You.
Oh, good. Here I thought I reached too far and picked the wrong guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet
All in all, it strikes me that Jules is swinging for the fences in his youth movement and Beef is willing to trade upside for shorter turn production. If I thought Davis and Moore would be the foundation for a high performance team in the future, I'd do the trade. I just dont think they are, and I'm unsure the risk that they won't be studs outweighed the reward if they are.
I think you're pretty much right on here about the strategies. It seems like Beef saw that he needed a refresh of his roster to compete this year more than he needed someone at 1.06. I've been trying to stash as many young players as I can so I have a deep, competitive, team that I can rely on for a few years.

I think what's being overlooked here is that the risk is very low for me. Howard was my 3rd-5th RB. Hilton was a starter, but I still have Amari Cooper and Stefon Diggs. So, I'm very clearly going all-in this year, but if every one of these moves busts, I can still field Cooper, Diggs, Fournette, and Mixon/McKinnon. Which reminds me, Tyler Lockett is going to be a top 10 WR in this league this year. Screenshot this for future reference.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:14 AM

Good news. I was able to import the history of our old league into the new one, so now you can change the league year and see standings, draft results, rosters, messages, trades, etc. from every year.

I'll be closing the old league once I'm sure I don't need any other settings or data from it.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:33 AM

Can you guys check the draft results and make sure everything looks up to date and correct? Thanks.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:06 PM

Overly Sentimental's log out time last night was 7:00pm, and Jules posted his pick at 7:01. He literally missed it by one minute, which is awful timing. But we're sitting at 15 hours since the last pick, and I'm not sure when he'll be around. I'm going to give him 2 more hours to make his pick, otherwise Dale can make his next pick, and Overly Sentimental can come in at any time and make his (late) pick.