Old 07-14-2019, 04:36 AM

Unlocked my first portkey. Am I the only one who didn't realize that you had to physically walk through it? I kept tapping on the screen and then had to watch a Youtube video to use it. Anyway a fun use of VR.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:00 PM

I finally found an Inn reasonably close to my house. I really needed it because I couldn't even play most of yesterday and today because I had 3 lightning bolt spell power thingies. I don't mind that there is a mechanic to limit your spell casting, but I don't like how hard it is to refill. You only get more sometimes at greenhouses and the 10 or so you get from completing a daily challenge goes fast (like one foundable for me lately).

I hope they're working out the kinks still, that they will balance things out better. If I literally can't play the game, I can't spend money on the game. I won't spend money *to* play a free game even if I might eventually spend money on extras or premium stuff.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Unlocked my first portkey. Am I the only one who didn't realize that you had to physically walk through it? I kept tapping on the screen and then had to watch a Youtube video to use it. Anyway a fun use of VR.
Right? I kept trying to use mine while I was laying in bed, and the game was just not having it!
Old 07-15-2019, 03:38 AM

Another thing I just realized is that the red dot is like a notification light and will point you to unfinished tasks. And it's quite intelligent; if you earn some new scrolls and as a result there is a lesson that you can now unlock, it will be be marked with a dot.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:33 PM

A couple of thoughts:

- I'm liking the story. It's not earth shattering stuff, but the fact that there is a mystery and it gets revealed bit by bit is a step up. I'm getting bored by rescuing the same thing over and over, but the story will hopefully be interesting.

- I like the special events. They are a real boost to progress. I suddenly had 45 scrolls this morning.

- I of course now need to unlock a portkey to advance the special event and I just started a 7KM one. I hope I'm able to finish this special event. Last event had unlock 5 portkeys in the last task, which was impossible for me for lack of keys. I need green books!
Old 08-09-2019, 07:15 PM

Anyone still playing? I think I'm mostly getting the hang of it, but I still can't figure out good strategies for fortresses (which floor, which level runestone, how many times, etc). And I live in an Inn desert. I drove through my town square and at a redlight, I saw dozens of them. But the rest of the city might as well be on the moon.

I've been reading a lot of people giving up because it's buggy and unbalanced. I'm still new enough that I haven't been too annoyed yet, but I could see a time where that would be the case.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:42 AM

My daughter started playing it, but she found she couldn't use the portkeys due to a bug, so dropped it. Which is a shame as she liked it, and we could go out walking and I could get my pokemon and she could get her... whatever she got and everyone was happy.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:26 PM

I had kinda lost interest, but now that my kids are back in school, and the carpool waiting lane is accessible to an inn, a greenhouse, and a fortress, I've picked it back up again.

Best I've done so far is to beat a fortress on level 5.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:36 PM

My neighborhood still blows. I can hit one fortress in reasonable walking distance. All my good stuff keeps departing and I don't always remember to dawdle draught. Or care to. I went to a couple malls and those are just chock full of everything you could possible want: emergency foundables, inns, greenhouses, fortresses. So it doesn't seem much like an EXPLORING game as "visit our sponsored content" game.