Old 07-25-2019, 09:27 AM

Anyone Playing Sentinels of the Multiverse?

It's a card game (but not a trading card game, you get all the decks you need to play in the box) where superheroes team up against super villains. There are multiple decks. Four heroes each with a deck battle the Villain who also has a deck. The Villain is not a player, it just plays cards one at a time. There is also an Environment deck that complicates things.

I just learned about it the other day and bought the Steam version (there is also a physical board game version) and I am enjoying it. Very Comic booky in tone and I enjoy the art. I might buy the physical game just to get the cards. Anyone else play?
Old 07-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Corellian Nerfherder

I've played the card game version several times, though I don't own it (but, as several friends do, I don't need to ).

It's a very fun cooperative game, with deck-building elements to it. Each of the superhero characters you can play has some unique game rules / mechanics, though I often wind up playing Ra, because it's fun to just blast things and burn them.