Old 08-06-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taesahnim View Post
This Wedks's awful Mass Murder

I'm assuming you are referring to the 59 people shot in Chicago, 7 of whom died, correct?
https://abc7chicago.com/59-shot-7-fa...tings/5443785/
I'm guessing you've never been to Chicago? Why don't you shut up about my city. I'm so sick of people bringing up Chicago as if that somehow means mass shootings are not a problem.

As of July 1st Chicago shootings are at a 4 year low for the 1st 6 months of the year. And overall crime rates are down 9% from last year. Find another city to shit on please.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/20...ce-crime-stats

Last edited by Airbeck; 08-06-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:23 PM

This attempt to change the topic is as weak as saying that 9/11 wasn’t a big deal compared to the many thousands of people killed in US aviation disasters since the invention of commercial flight.

Apples and oranges.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:26 PM

There are many kinds of gun violence: domestic violence, gang shootouts, liquor store holdups, suicide, accidents, mass shootings of random strangers. All of them tragic; all of them would benefit from tighter gun laws.

The last of those, though, is what grabs the national psyche, because of its random and capricious nature. Since I don't have a gun in my house and I'm not a gang member or drug dealer, the chances of me dying from a firearm are virtually nil...except that I can't be sure I won't be shot in a movie theater by some random psycho.

However, we see a lot of intentional whatabouttism to deflect the discussion away from gun controls and white nationalism. Look at any online article and see how many "what about the 50 people killed in Chicago?" comments there are, in a deliberate attempt to muddy the conversation.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Super Hero View Post
So, it's:

1) Hold a Rally. (Don't pay for it of course)

2) Make inflammatory 'Fire in a Burning Theater' statements about shooting people.

3) Spread Youtube video clips of those statements repeatedly to the 'faithful'.

4) Wait until one Bubba is stupid enough and well armed enough to commit Mass Murder there.

5) Smirk like a scummy rotten orange and wave from Air Farce One.
The technical term from Trump's tactic is stochastic terrorism:
stochastic terrorism (noun) the public demonization of a person or group resulting in the incitement of a violent act, which is statistically probable but whose specifics cannot be predicted.
The lone-wolf attack was apparently influenced by the rhetoric of stochastic terrorism.

Last edited by Steve MB; 08-06-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAleq View Post
Do you handwave like that because it wafts the stink of your own ass closer to your nose so you can enjoy it properly?

You accusing me of handwaving is rich. All you have to offer is “just so “ stories about the white male patriarchy, unmoored from data.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:37 PM

You do know that just because you've not bothered to educate yourself does not indicate a lack of available information on the subject, right?
Old 08-06-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc View Post
You accusing me of handwaving is rich. All you have to offer is “just so “ stories about the white male patriarchy, unmoored from data.
White men being in charge of most things, far beyond their representation, doesn't count as data to Slacker, apparently. Perhaps this is related to his belief in the inherent genetic intellectual superiority of northern Europeans (a group for which he just so happens to be a member)?
Old 08-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Suspended

That you find it more interesting and newsworthy when white men engage in shootings with four or more casualties does not change the fact that black men are ten times as likely to engage in them relative to their proportion of the population.

(That doesn’t change the fact that we currently have a bigoted white man as president who seems bent on inciting a race war, and the one time we had a black man as president, he did anything but.)
Old 08-06-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
That you find it more interesting and newsworthy when white men engage in shootings with four or more casualties does not change the fact that black men are ten times as likely to engage in them relative to their proportion of the population.

(That doesn’t change the fact that we currently have a bigoted white man as president who seems bent on inciting a race war, and the one time we had a black man as president, he did anything but.)
I've said nothing about what I find interesting or news worthy. Stormfront would probably be preferable to you if you just want to find ways to characterize statistics in a way that reflects as poorly on black people as possible.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 08-06-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:41 PM

I think the "good guy with a gun" myth should be officially dead now. Parkland (MSD High School) had an armed security guard, who was utterly useless. El Paso was in a gun-loving state with open carry laws, filled with potential "good guys" who, according to the fantasy, would have stopped the shooter. Nada.

Dayton: fortunately, armed police were in the vicinity and took out the shooter in 24 seconds. They could not have responded any quicker -- but not quick enough for the 9 people killed.

More guns is not the answer.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:42 PM

I repeat, it doesn't make a fuck's worth of difference what color the man is--men are responsible for most of the violence, shootings, beatings, crimes and general assholishness. Half of all female homicide victims are killed by their male partners. MEN are the problem. White men, black men, brown men, doesn't make much difference, MEN are the violent ones who need to knock that shit off or be made to knock it off.

I mean, if we simply made it illegal for men to have or use firearms the problem would be solved in fairly short order. We wouldn't have cops or armies but at this point I'm thinking it's a pretty worthy experiment.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
I've said nothing about what I find interesting or news worthy.

ORLY?

Quote:
Shooting lots of people is not unique, or particularly common, for any particular race or other group, aside from young-ish men (if I understand the statistics properly). Purposefully shooting lots of strangers in a public place, due to rage at society or a hateful ideology, is mostly (but not uniquely) a phenomenon with young-ish white men, AFAIUI. And that's the kind of shooting that gets the most attention, both because it's relatively new in terms of occurring frequently, and less intuitive to understand than crime/turf/gang-based shootings.

If that isn’t clear enough, I am sure I can prove my point even better with citations from the other thread. Just say the word. (Also, you continue to insist that those shootings are crime/turf/gang-based, when the article clearly said a large number of them were not.)

Quote:
Stormfront would probably be preferable to you if you just want to find ways to characterize statistics in a way that reflects as poorly on black people as possible.

Izzat right? You think my excoriation of Trump and his tweets, or my lionization of Barack Obama and Kamala Harris, would be a good fit there?

It’s interesting that your definition of “how not to be a Nazi” includes suppression of factual data. This is clearly what De Blasio thought, and what that black activist was calling out, but then as I say you can get hit from the other side by being accused of ignoring a big problem among the black community. It really shows why it’s important to just be honest about the data, and let the chips fall where they may.

ETA: SmartAleq, I agreed with you about men—I suspect testosterone is a huge factor here—but then you immediately came back with how it’s nothing fundamentally about men but just about white male patriarchy. You are all over the map.

Last edited by SlackerInc; 08-06-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
ORLY?

If that isn’t clear enough, I am sure I can prove my point even better with citations from the other thread. Just say the word.
I didn't say I think it's necessarily more newsworthy, I said it's seen as more newsworthy. That's not about me, that's about society. I'm trying to explain why society treats these other shootings in a different way.

Quote:
(Also, you continue to insist that those shootings are crime/turf/gang-based, when the article clearly said a large number of them were not.)
Same basket -- shooting people they know because of personal grievance, often related to crime/turf/gangs/etc. Nothing new there, nothing "out of the ordinary" in terms of violence.

Quote:
Izzat right? You think my excoriation of Trump and his tweets, or my lionization of Barack Obama and Kamala Harris, would be a good fit there?
That part wouldn't, but your northern-European supremacist notions of intrinsically higher intelligence, and inferior black intelligence, would be more than welcome. You might be a nice guy, but you're a white supremacist nice guy, by your posts. A white supremacists who wants to help people you see as inferior, rather than harm them... but still a white supremacist. The patriarchal, colonialist flavor of white supremacist -- you certainly would have been welcome in 19th century British-controlled India or parts of Africa.

Quote:
It’s interesting that your definition of “how not to be a Nazi” includes suppression of factual data. This is clearly what De Blasio thought, and what that black activist was calling out, but then as I say you can get hit from the other side by being accused of ignoring a big problem among the black community. It really shows why it’s important to just be honest about the data, and let the chips fall where they may.
I am being honest about the data -- I'm just not using it in a way aimed at upholding and supporting white supremacist notions.

Your white supremacy poisons everything. Like most white supremacists, you're entirely blind to it. It's one of the ways bigotry is so destructive -- it can turn otherwise decent people into those capable of supporting and spreading monstrous notions.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 08-06-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Quote:
That part wouldn't, but your northern-European supremacist notions of intrinsically higher intelligence, and inferior black intelligence, would be more than welcome. You might be a nice guy, but you're a white supremacist nice guy, by your posts. A white supremacists who wants to help people you see as inferior, rather than harm them... but still a white supremacist.

Which is completely at odds with a place like Stormfront. So that was just a lazy and bogus potshot.

Quote:
The patriarchal, colonialist flavor of white supremacist -- you certainly would have been welcome in 19th century British-controlled India or parts of Africa.

Yes, like the part where I was born. I have already been clear that I think those sorts of colonialists have been unfairly demonized. The places they colonized would have been better off to follow the path of somewhere like Canada rather than the path of Haiti. They were so eager for self rule they threw the baby out with the bathwater.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Same basket -- shooting people they know because of personal grievance, often related to crime/turf/gangs/etc. Nothing new there, nothing "out of the ordinary" in terms of violence.
I was reading an article on Snopes earlier today, discussing the statistics on mass shootings and how different groups have different ways to define them.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/25...ootings-in-us/

Relevant to your comment, Snopes reported that when Mother Jones began compiling statistics they specifically excluded “incidents that may stem from crimes, such as armed robbery or gang violence”.

By contrast, when ABC News compiles their own statistics, they did not exclude such crimes.

So it’s not just in your mind that there is a difference.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I think that trying to make the divide by race is a red herring--what really needs addressed is that, basically, ALL mass shootings are done by men. Women just don't do this. And it's disingenuous to try to blame mental illness because that's not it either--women have, statistically, less access to mental health care and of all women black women have the very least and yet they do NOT commit mass shootings. Men are the problem. Let's start there.
Quote:
It's not a matter of gender essentialism, it's an artifact of a patriarchal society that decrees that white men are the ne plus ultra of humankind and therefore above reproach and entitled to whatever they can get away with. Fix that attitude, start training boys to be humans rather than insisting they be MANLY MANLY MEN and a lot of this would go away, along with a lot of rape, incels, intimate partner violence and child abuse.
Quote:
ETA: SmartAleq, I agreed with you about men—I suspect testosterone is a huge factor here—but then you immediately came back with how it’s nothing fundamentally about men but just about white male patriarchy. You are all over the map.
It's not something "fundamentally about men," because the vast majority of men, in spite of their patriarchal programming, manage to temper those messages with sense and realize there's a problem with the messages they've been given from birth. They resist behaving as though they are inherently entitled to be fucking savages towards other people based on their perceived higher status. This is because most people are not assholes. Generally. Get them stressed and their indoctrination will tend to show more.

You will also notice that I said nothing about "white male patriarchy" I said PATRIARCHY. Our particular form of patriarchy puts white men at the tippy top of the pyramid. Other men are lesser men in our form of patriarchy but are still privileged above women of their own race. We have a dichotomy because we are a patriarchal society while also being a profoundly racist society--both of these things are systemic and operate congruently. How congruently is dependent on where you fall in the two hierarchies and how much you buy into what the patriarchal messages tell you about people in your specific set of classifications.

Your inability and/or unwillingness to educate yourself regarding the very real societal systems we live and operate under does not change the nature of these systems--it just tends to highlight your own prejudices and lack of understanding.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Which is completely at odds with a place like Stormfront. So that was just a lazy and bogus potshot.
No, it's only partially at odds with them. Lazy potshot, sure, but not bogus. You're a white supremacist -- just one of the friendlier types.

Quote:
Yes, like the part where I was born. I have already been clear that I think those sorts of colonialists have been unfairly demonized. The places they colonized would have been better off to follow the path of somewhere like Canada rather than the path of Haiti. They were so eager for self rule they threw the baby out with the bathwater.
The Haitians were eager to not be slaves any more. When the choice is violent revolution or continued mass-rape and death-by-work at 30 (if not long before from tropical disease), then humans are likely to choose violent revolution.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the link.

Try as I might, I cannot get the 75% figure to comport with the analysis of the Fridel paper. The only major difference I can see between the stated methodologies is that Fridel excludes spree killings and includes non-firearm murders. She breaks down the data enough, though, that one can see this does not account for the difference.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Suspended

Quote:
It's not something "fundamentally about men," because the vast majority of men, in spite of their patriarchal programming, manage to temper those messages with sense and realize there's a problem with the messages they've been given from birth.

This is why I say you are all over the map. You just wrote a post about how maybe we should take away guns from all men! (And then, BTW, you made the casually sexist suggestion that this would somehow make it impossible to have police or military.)

Quote:
You will also notice that I said nothing about "white male patriarchy" I said PATRIARCHY.

FFS, do you have a memory condition like that guy in “Memento”?

Quote:
It's not a matter of gender essentialism, it's an artifact of a patriarchal society that decrees that white men are the ne plus ultra of humankind and therefore above reproach and entitled to whatever they can get away with.

That you didn’t use the phrase "white male patriarchy" doesn’t make my paraphrase inaccurate.

Quote:
Your inability and/or unwillingness to educate yourself regarding the very real societal systems we live and operate under does not change the nature of these systems--it just tends to highlight your own prejudices and lack of understanding.

You would like to think I am ignorant—that simplifies things for you. The reality is that I grew up in a household where I was inculcated with all this stuff: my mother was a professor of sociology and my father a professor of anthropology. I devoured the books on their bookshelves. When I met my current wife, she was working on a sociology Ph.D. at a Research 1 university. I also devoured her seminar readings. I always felt this stuff elided some obvious truths, so it was a revelation to read Pinker’s devastating takedown of what he calls the Standard Social Science Model or SSSM.

So the reality is that I am very well versed in these theories—and I see right through them.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagunathor View Post
Thank you for the link.

Try as I might, I cannot get the 75% figure to comport with the analysis of the Fridel paper. The only major difference I can see between the stated methodologies is that Fridel excludes spree killings and includes non-firearm murders. She breaks down the data enough, though, that one can see this does not account for the difference.

You’re welcome.

I believe the NYT analysis is just for the most recent year with data. True also for Fridel? Does she use the same definition of any shooting with four or more victims, regardless of whether they died or survived their wounds?
Old 08-06-2019, 05:32 PM

So, just dumb then?
Old 08-06-2019, 05:35 PM
Suspended

Riiight, like that dumb Steven Pinker, award-winning Harvard professor. https://psychology.fas.harvard.edu/people/steven-pinker
Old 08-06-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
You’re welcome.

I believe the NYT analysis is just for the most recent year with data. True also for Fridel? Does she use the same definition of any shooting with four or more victims, regardless of whether they died or survived their wounds?
Ah I think I found the difference--the Fridel paper is looking at incidents where four or more people, excluding the perpetrator or unborn children, were killed--the NYTimes is looking at incidents where four or more people are killed or wounded. What this seems to show is that incidents with black shooters tend to be less lethal. Interesting.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc
Riiight, like that dumb Steven Pinker, award-winning Harvard professor. https://psychology.fas.harvard.edu/people/steven-pinker
You know that you and he are not the same person, right? And that using another person's words does not convey their authority on you, right? A parrot can mimic my speech, but does he pay my mortgage?

Last edited by SmartAleq; 08-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:54 PM

Oh, for crissake. Can we just agree to use the Mother Jones database, so at least we're working from a common set of definitions?

And if you don't like their definition, go start a thread on "crimes in which guns are used".
Old 08-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Suspended

Quote:
You know that you and he are not the same person, right? And that using another person's words does not convey their authority on you, right? A parrot can mimic my speech, but does he pay my mortgage?

So you think his argument in The Blank Slate is legit, whatever you think of me? I’m cool with that. It’s not about me. Not sure why your parroting of the SSSM is smart while mine of TBS is dumb, but w/e.

ETA: Jsc, I consider NYT a more trustworthy source than Mother Jones. And they are not talking about the broad category of gun crimes, but the much narrower one of those with four or more victims.

Last edited by SlackerInc; 08-06-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
... who is a brilliant communicator, an extraordinarily gifted writer, and wrong about a lot of things.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
So you think his argument in The Blank Slate is legit, whatever you think of me? I’m cool with that. It’s not about me. Not sure why your parroting of the SSSM is smart while mine of TBS is dumb, but w/e.

ETA: Jsc, I consider NYT a more trustworthy source than Mother Jones. And they are not talking about the broad category of gun crimes, but the much narrower one of those with four or more victims.
The nice thing about Mother Jones is that it’s empirical data—trust doesn’t come into it. If you don’t like their definition, fine; but you can’t argue with their conclusion because they don’t draw any.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Suspended

How is the NYT statement that 75% of identifiable assailants and victims are black a “conclusion” as opposed to reporting a fact?
Old 08-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
... who is a brilliant communicator, an extraordinarily gifted writer, and wrong about a lot of things.

I would love to go through TBS line by line with you and all the others who make these vague claims and pin you down on what he gets “wrong”.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
You are as free to assume my agreement as you've already shown yourself regarding a multitude of other beliefs, opinions and viewpoints.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
How is the NYT statement that 75% of identifiable assailants and victims are black a “conclusion” as opposed to reporting a fact?
It’s a fact; it just happens to be one that’s irrelevant to the discussion of mass shootings. The New York Times definition is so broad as to be useless.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Suspended

Huh, I think it’s a solid definition. Shooting four or more people is a lot. I could see how counting two or more as “multiple victim shootings” might be too broad, but by the time you get to four (or more!), you’re really going for it.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:06 PM

It’s not the number; it’s the context. The NYT would put The St Valentines Day Massacre in the same bucket as El Paso, and that makes no sense to me.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:15 PM
Suspended

The NYT said many of them have no known motive. You just won’t count thise?
Old 08-06-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
I think the "good guy with a gun" myth should be officially dead now. Parkland (MSD High School) had an armed security guard, who was utterly useless. El Paso was in a gun-loving state with open carry laws, filled with potential "good guys" who, according to the fantasy, would have stopped the shooter. Nada.

Dayton: fortunately, armed police were in the vicinity and took out the shooter in 24 seconds. They could not have responded any quicker -- but not quick enough for the 9 people killed.

More guns is not the answer.
Won't make a difference to the NRA lobbyist crowd. More guns is ALWAYS THE ANSWER.

In Dayton, the problem was, there were not MORE armed police. IF only there were police in every store in a mall, 5 in every bar, and 15 fully armed officers in each school. Give everyone a fully automatic rifle, and have them carry it locked and loaded everywhere they go. Army patrols on every corner. This is the America that these people dream of.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:07 PM

I honestly think the free market can curtail the majority of lone gunman type mass shootings, if allowed to. Lawyers and insurance companies could bring swift changes. Buying an assault weapon could jack ur home owners premiums through the roof, and if lawyers are allowed to sue all actors involved, would bring swift changes. Let the American system work as intended. It worked for muscle cars, they died pretty quick.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biotop View Post
People should have the right to go to the store and not die. We should isolate the violent racists before they kill a bunch of decent folks. We need to restrict access to guns for those with mental illness. Get rid of assault weapons. And then we need to talk in terms of healing, of having healthy friendly relationships and rivalries.
Sorry it's not just mental illness, in fact, many homicides, including mass murders, are accomplished by people who are sane enough to be charged and tried. When training and licensing requirements for gun ownership are as stringent as for a Cosmetology license, we'll start to have progress. https://www.barbercosmo.ca.gov/laws_regs/laws.shtml
Old 08-07-2019, 12:41 AM

NRA 2020
Old 08-07-2019, 07:35 AM
Charter Member

Apparently the El Paso shooter lived in Plano (in the DFW area, 9 hours from El Paso).

So he drove 9 hours to 80% Hispanic El Paso to shoot up a bunch of brown-skinned people.

As a TPM reader wrote in:
Quote:
When someone shoots up their own community or high school, it’s personal, it’s in some ways about vengeance and self hatred and lashing out against the environment that made them.

This feels different. This is purely white terrorism.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
No, we're talking about the many more people that were killed by a mere two shooters, one of whom was a white supremacist Trump supporter, in El Paso and Dayton.

Actually both... but with payment as barter with a nice heavy brick of a commodity ( like gold? ).
Old 08-07-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biotop View Post
We have fomented such a culture of anger and hatred that it gives the severely unstable license to commit these awful acts. In accepting a culture of anger and hate we have justified their rage. And we have given them easy access to mass killing weapons. This has to change now or it will keep happening again and again and again and again.
"We" fostered a culture of anger and hatred?

"We" justify their rage?

NO. Hell no. We need to place the blame where it belongs … on THEM. Fuck them and their "rage".

We need to single them out, those who are most likely t do these things, because the warning signs are there, for each of them.

They generally have some history of domestic violence, or felony, or police record, SOMETHING.

They are not just fantasizing, or talking trash, or playing soldier, when they go on YouTube or join some ",militia" or start buying stupid amounts of ammo all of a sudden.

And Second Amendment or not, we need to keep them from getting even a pea shooter or a slingshot.

AND, now we know "thanks to" the Vegas shooter, that all bump stocks, "modified" sears, "mod kits", etc need to GO.

Just because there is a Second Amendment, does not mean we have to let psychos, far right Nazis, and twisted assholes get anything they want.

What we have in this country is a Domestic Terror problem. And it's far right white guys. It isn't the "ayrabs", "messicans", "mooslums", or any of that. That's bullshit.

It's home grown white supremacists.

I'm white, I'm middle class, I'm a gun owner, and I'm sick and tired of the bullshit. No the "libruls" didn't grab all the guns. No they don't WANT to grab all the guns... no matter what some fucking LIAR on FOX or in the Republican party says.

But I'm sick of the constant "thoughts and prayers but fuck you I just cashed my NRA check" bullshit.

And I'm sick and tired of these fuckers trading lives to cater to a brainless toothless inbred racist "base".
Old 08-07-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
Sane.
Unfortunately, sanity isn't popular anymore.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
Reading the comments on the Fox new article about this, there are a number of people who argued that if only the Latinos weren't invading, then people wouldn't get so angry they had to shoot them. So it's all the Democrats fault.
Oh Jesus Christ.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
Reading the comments on the Fox new article about this, there are a number of people who argued that if only the Latinos weren't invading, then people wouldn't get so angry they had to shoot them. So it's all the Democrats fault.
"Look what you made us do!!"

The conservative personal responsibility ethic in action.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
"Look what you made us do!!"

The conservative personal responsibility ethic in action.

Ha, nice catch.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:54 PM

I see a huge market for tech. Companies here, wrt identitying mass shooters before they attack. You could download an app that monitors social media, past purchases, and location. and lets you know when someone who fits the description of a mass killer is nearby, and issues a warning to subscribers. And the best part? No big bad nanny government involved. Now that’s a solution all parties can agree on

Last edited by Mcmechanic; 08-07-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:01 PM

Free the free market! Unless you’re a pussy
Old 08-07-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmechanic View Post
I see a huge market for tech. Companies here, wrt identitying mass shooters before they attack. You could download an app that monitors social media, past purchases, and location. and lets you know when someone who fits the description of a mass killer is nearby, and issues a warning to subscribers. And the best part? No big bad nanny government involved. Now that’s a solution all parties can agree on
That's kinda the plot of the current season of Elementary, only the computer mogul villain is preemptively killing the future murderers.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
That's kinda the plot of the current season of Elementary, only the computer mogul villain is preemptively killing the future murderers.
Lol, yeah I don’t think an app can do that, yet. But as long as it’s not the big bad gubment right?