Old 08-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Charter Member

Trump has no shame (or soul)

Maybe this could go in one of the other Trump Pit threads, but this needs its own.

Here is the President of the United States of America grinning and giving a thumbs-up to his fans while he holds the two-month-old orphaned son of two Americans whose murders his bile fomented.

There really is no bottom.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlGauss View Post
Here is the President of the United States of America grinning and giving a thumbs-up to his fans while he holds the two-month-old orphaned son of two Americans whose murders his bile fomented.

No it isn't.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:14 PM

OK. Melania is holding the kid.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:01 AM

Nothing we didn't already know about him. I can't wait to vote next year.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:17 AM

What am I seeing here that is incorrect and/or terrible? Perhaps your interpretation of it is slightly different.
What exactly is he supposed to be doing in a situation like that?

Last edited by anomalous1; 08-11-2019 at 12:18 AM. Reason: removed italics
Old 08-11-2019, 12:30 AM

I think I've heard at least two news show commentators call Trump a sociopath in the last couple days because of the photo.

A Google search confirms David Brooks on the PBS News Hour (video clip on this page). I think the second was on Saturday Night Politics that's hosted by Donny Deutsch.

Of course, the same search shows that people have been describing Trump as a sociopath for years and some of these are people who know him well like Donny Deutsch (MSNBC's Donny Deutsch: President Trump Is "A Sociopath") and Tony Schwartz, the writer of The Art of the Deal (Trump’s Ghostwriter: He’s a Sociopath).

Last edited by dasmoocher; 08-11-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:00 AM
Charter Member

To get ready for season 2 of Mindhunter on Netflix this week I decided to revisit season 1.

Episode 3 ends like this: Mindhunter
Old 08-11-2019, 04:04 AM

Some context to explain a bit, the child was there with his uncle (who is now caring for him since the child’s parents are dead). He himself is a Trump supporter and brought the child there specifically to show his support. Trump is pleased to find someone that close to the tragedy who is still a fan of his.

That explains it, it doesn’t make it okay at all. Even a tiny bit. A “leader” with even a drop of integrity would recognize how somber such a situation is, and would express anything other than enthusiastic cheer for the photo op. I mean, what the ever-loving Hell, man?!
Old 08-11-2019, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1 View Post
What am I seeing here that is incorrect and/or terrible? Perhaps your interpretation of it is slightly different.
Look sad, or concerned, or serious, or in any way empathetic. Not cheerful or triumphant. Would you grin and give a thumbs up at a funeral?
Old 08-11-2019, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Look sad, or concerned, or serious, or in any way empathetic. Not cheerful or triumphant. Would you grin and give a thumbs up at a funeral?
Only at Trump's.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:29 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Do you deliberately double down on your idiocy every time Trump doubles down on his?
Old 08-11-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Do you deliberately double down on your idiocy every time Trump doubles down on his?
That's a lot of doubling! 2^10,000 or something? Yuge!
Old 08-11-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
How do you (YOU not Trump) make it through daily life without having a hint of a clue?
Trump has people to help him with the day-to-day human bullshit. He still fails at it, but he has people to help with that. I assume you have some similar set up.

Last edited by bobot; 08-11-2019 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galen ubal View Post
only at trump's.:d
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀░░░█░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄█▀░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄░░░
░░░░░░██▄▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░
▄▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░
████████▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░
████████░░░░░▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Old 08-11-2019, 07:21 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
How do you (YOU not Trump) make it through daily life without having a hint of a clue?

Just for you, anomalous1, a gift to help you out here.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Only at Trump's.

Trump's funeral is literally the only funeral I can think of where it would not only be worth while to change your ring tone to McDonald's "Ba-Da-Ba-Ba-Ba, I'm Lovin' It", but worth while to arrange to have someone
call you repeatedly during the service...

Last edited by Mundane Super Hero; 08-11-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Super Hero View Post
Trump's funeral is literally the only funeral I can think of where it would not only be worth while to change your ring tone to McDonald's "Ba-Da-Ba-Ba-Ba, I'm Lovin' It", but worth while to arrange to have someone
You had me at “Trump’s funeral”
Old 08-11-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:

I was thinking more of having someone call repeatedly and have the ringtone the sound of a toilet flushing.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
You had me at “Trump’s funeral”
Thank you, but I can't take credit for it. I had a few windows open at once and one played a commercial clip and another showed a trailer with Anne Hathaway smiling.

All I did was ask myself, "What would make Anne Hathaway smile?"
So really, She deserves all the credit...
Old 08-11-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
When Trump's funeral does occur, I can guarantee it won't be like any other President's or like someone well-respected like John McCain's.

I imagine that only his family, some close associates, and the hardcore of his base would be there (maybe outside whatever televangelist church it's being held at, paying
their "respect"), and depending on how bad his presidency ends up, even a lot of them may be gone by them--he certainly hasn't been doing farmers any favors with his trade wars.

Foreign dignitaries? Well, maybe from Russia, N. Korea, Saudia Arabia, and a few other authoritarians states.

Last edited by dasmoocher; 08-11-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:29 AM

I hope his grave will be accessible to the public. Then I can leave a bouquet of stinkweed on it and rig up some kind of squirter hose so I can spray pee on it.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
I hope his grave will be accessible to the public. Then I can leave a bouquet of stinkweed on it and rig up some kind of squirter hose so I can spray pee on it.
I said a while back that we could eliminate the national debt by charging people to piss on Trump's grave. I figure we do it on a sliding scale. Someone like Hillary would probably pay a fortune for the privilege, but we also want to allow access for the workers who went bankrupt when Trump stiffed them.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Only at Trump's.
Wish I could put one of those dancing emojis here. 💃
Old 08-11-2019, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, this is a moment to look thoughtful(*) and like you are being supportive of someone in a hard time. Not for looking like another campaign selfie. I hope the kid grows up to ask Uncle "what the Hell were you thinking?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
When Trump's funeral does occur, I can guarantee it won't be like any other President's or like someone well-respected like John McCain's.
Imagining that when the day comes suddenly the Capitol rotunda and National Cathedral are in the middle of emergency repair work that just came up in the last 12 hours and can't be delayed or we lose the building...

(*I know, I know...)

Last edited by JRDelirious; 08-11-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:29 AM

You're all assuming that trump will let the world outlive him.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQwark View Post
I said a while back that we could eliminate the national debt by charging people to piss on Trump's grave. I figure we do it on a sliding scale. Someone like Hillary would probably pay a fortune for the privilege, but we also want to allow access for the workers who went bankrupt when Trump stiffed them.
Uhhh. Trump likes 'Golden Showers'. I'll go straight to salting the earth. Or do a Bin Laden on him. Right out of the back of a C-130, preferably in the Antarctic Ocean. (or perhaps NASA could use him as a payload test) It would be best to not have his DNA left anywhere on earth.

Only way to be sure.

Last edited by enipla; 08-11-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
You know it's really okay, when the president (or anyone else you support) does something really heinous or stupid or shockingly inappropriate, to express a tiny bit of disapproval. It just means you're still partly human, and won't endanger your position as Kool-Aid Slurping Bootlicker in the All-Volunteer Orange Assclown Army.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Uhhh. Trump likes 'Golden Showers'. I'll go straight to salting the earth. Or do a Bin Laden on him. Right out of the back of a C-130, preferably in the Antarctic Ocean. (or perhaps NASA could use him as a payload test) It would be best to not have his DNA left anywhere on earth.

Only way to be sure.
Perhaps his paramour Kim Jong Un would do us the honor of placing his corpse right next to the next nuke to be tested. Presto, not one atom of his being would remain intact.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Only way to be sure.
I understand what you're saying, but he'll be dead so he won't get any enjoyment out of it. Since he hasn't done *anything* to make the world better while he is alive, we should use his death to improve things. Maybe instead of using the pissing-on-his-grave fee to raise funds for the national debt, we could use the money to pay for universal health care. Also, the Washington Memorial is a majestic obelisk, the Lincoln Memorial is an inspiring statue, the Trump Memorial would be a public urinal. It's a win-win.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but he'll be dead so he won't get any enjoyment out of it. Since he hasn't done *anything* to make the world better while he is alive, we should use his death to improve things. Maybe instead of using the pissing-on-his-grave fee to raise funds for the national debt, we could use the money to pay for universal health care. Also, the Washington Memorial is a majestic obelisk, the Lincoln Memorial is an inspiring statue, the Trump Memorial would be a public urinal. It's a win-win.
Ok. I do like the idea of a public urinal. Gonna need new infrastructure to support this idea.

I've read five or six books about Kim Jong Un. A monster in human clothing. Kinda weird when it gets close to home.

Trump, though, isn't the same kind of monster. He is a stupid, manipulatable asshole that doesn't care about anyone but himself of course. But I don't think he would enjoy watching people tortured. He would of course endorse it if it got him another golf course.

Is that true? I don't know. But it is the persona he projects, and the policies he supports. The 'man' has not had an original idea in his entire life. To ignore history will allow it to repeat.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Only way to be sure.
What have you got against all the poor fish? They don't have enough trouble with warming waters and massive pollution, you should add that bit of toxic waste?
Old 08-11-2019, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've read five or six books about Kim Jong Un. A monster in human clothing.
All the real monsters are humans.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Some context to explain a bit, the child was there with his uncle (who is now caring for him since the child’s parents are dead). He himself is a Trump supporter and brought the child there specifically to show his support. Trump is pleased to find someone that close to the tragedy who is still a fan of his.

That explains it, it doesn’t make it okay at all. Even a tiny bit. A “leader” with even a drop of integrity would recognize how somber such a situation is, and would express anything other than enthusiastic cheer for the photo op. I mean, what the ever-loving Hell, man?!
Thank you, this is helpful.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

I'm reminded of this picture.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

Like his sons grinning vapidly over some dead African beast, Trump and Melania grinned over this baby, using the child as yet another trophy in their race war.

Last edited by JohnT; 08-11-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
All the real monsters are humans.
Yes. They do exist.

[Alien's reference]They mostly come at night...mostly[/AR]
Old 08-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

I must take issue with this thread’s location. Well not the thread itself so much, but the title is so commonplace and news to NOBODY that it, at least, is more suited to MPSIMS.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
I must take issue with this thread’s location. Well not the thread itself so much, but the title is so commonplace and news to NOBODY that it, at least, is more suited to MPSIMS.
Being in the Pit allows for appropriate ranting in the subject.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Essayist, critic, author, and main figure of the Algonquin Round Table Alexander Woollcott made a side trip in Vermont in the 1930s just for the pleasure of dancing on Calvin Coolidge’s grave.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 08-11-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
No it isn't.
That is correct. The first baby that Trump held withered and turned to dust before the photo could be snapped. The back up baby was held by Melania, just in case.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I was going to suggest letting some endangered animals feed on his carcass or planting him under some trees as fertilizer, but that might be poisonous for the animals and/or trees, so your idea is probably better.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
...the Trump Memorial would be a public urinal.
It would be the most visited memorial in US history.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
...the Trump Memorial would be a public urinal. It's a win-win.
And it should be 1/4 size of a real one.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
And it should be 1/4 size of a real one.
And of course it would have to be mushroom-friendly.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
the Trump Memorial would be a public urinal.
Think of the poor janitors who would have to mop the floor. Because we have to assume the urinal would reflect its namesake and not do the job it was supposed to.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:30 PM

You'd need one in the form of Moscow Mitch's mouth to be right next to it.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:59 PM

The public urinal idea makes a lot of sense.

However, I'd like to see Trump's memorial be....that his name is never mentioned again.

An inspirational example: the climax to the movie Pan's Labyrinth, in which a tyrant has been cornered by the people he preyed on and exploited. He knows he is about to die. So, standing proudly in the circle of angry resistance-members, he demands that his newborn son be informed of his father's achievements and life:

Quote:
Capitán Vidal: Tell my son what time his father died. Tell him that I-
Mercedes: [interrupting] No. He won't even know your name.
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pan%27s_Labyrinth
Old 08-11-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:

I imagine that only his family, some close associates, and the hardcore of his base would be there (maybe outside whatever televangelist church it's being held at, paying
their "respect"), and depending on how bad his presidency ends up, even a lot of them may be gone by them--he certainly hasn't been doing farmers any favors with his trade wars.

Foreign dignitaries? Well, maybe from Russia, N. Korea, Saudia Arabia, and a few other authoritarians states.
At least he won't be around to say, "It was the biggest, greatest funeral ever."
Old 08-11-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
At least he won't be around to say, "It was the biggest, greatest funeral ever."

Junior will take care of that for him.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
What have you got against all the poor fish? They don't have enough trouble with warming waters and massive pollution, you should add that bit of toxic waste?
Jay Leno "introduced" a new product not long after Bin Laden was killed.

Alka-Seltzer + Ore-Ida Potatoes + Tetramin Fish Food = Alk-Ida Fish Food, with a picture of bin Laden on the box.

Speaking of bin Laden, not long after 9/11, an e-mail meme circulated that was a picture of him Photoshopped onto a naked muscleman in profile, and he's being raped by the WTC tower with the big antenna on it. I haven't been able to find it since, but yeah, it was DEFINITELY black humor. I also saw a poster of this in the background on some MTV show that actually happened to be about music, and the skyscraper was fuzzied out.

The Trump presidential "library" will be interesting, too, and not in a good way. I predict that there won't be one, because nobody will want it near them.